Tournament NDPL II - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
ndpl.png

art by Dharma

Welcome to our second National Dex Premier League! Within the next week we will begin the manager signup process. Only post if you would like to sign up to manage a team. This time around you will be able to pick an assistant manager to help.

The formats will be as follows:
National Dex OU
National Dex OU
National Dex OU
National Dex Monotype
National Dex Monotype
National Dex UU
National Dex AG
Bo3 National Dex OU/UU/AG (G1 is OU, Loser picks next)

Format of a signup post:
Code:
Manager:
Assistant Manager (if applicable):
Team Name:
List of Accomplishments:
Why would you make a Good Manager?:
This thread will be open for approximately a week (until September 12th).

Last edited:
Manager: crying
Assistant Manager (if applicable): ez
Team Name: crying cubchoos
(s/o omicorio) it would be so sad if we couldnt use this...
List of Accomplishments: ez has qualified and is still in top 16 of the ndlt, and i have qualified and is still in top 4 of nat dex grand slam, nat dex ladder tour, winning the nat dex majors (ez won the ou majors we were meant to be) as well as being first on the National Dex Circuit sheet.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Although we are new to this community, we are very dedicated to this tier and would like to try and manage this tour

Last edited:

adem

yap
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Manager: me

Assistant Manager (if applicable): Magnum

Team Name: Spunching Scizors (in honour of Jomatoes ily)

List of Accomplishments:
Me- I’m a constant contributor to the tier, being a Trial QC member as well as have written multiple analysis for the tier, and hosted multiple successful projects such as How to Lure as well as co-hosting Matchmaking. I’ve had a quite successful tour showing in Natdex for all the tiers bar mono, with reaching Top 12 in the Winter Seasonals, Top 12 [and still going!] for the NDAG Minitour, Top 16 for the NDUU open, as well as have been building teams and helping prep for my NDWC team which reached finals. I have also managed and played in multiple side Discord PL’s that include Natdex that have had successful results such as Miraage/Cy PL where my team won, ArrowPL where we had a successful showing, as well as some other miscellaneous tours. Outside of Natdex i’ve also been supporting and playing in teamtours such as WCOP, UUWCOP, PSPL and ROA Olympics. Im also a Tutor for the tier, showing that I have sufficient knowledge of the metagame.
Magnum-
D8592941-FC90-4140-BC31-9FA8D16A4109.png

(Not really that integrated with Natdex but is familiar with a lot of the playerbase, as well as been extremely beneficial support in multiple team tours such as UUFPL as well as UUWCOP, while also playing. Although he isnt a Natdex player himself, his UU knowledge can easily be imparted onto our NDUU teammates, as well as providing invaluable support in terms of helping to build and test matches)

Why would you make a Good Manager?: I am familiar with pretty much the entirety of the tiers playerbase, and I would say i have good relationships with all of them, as well as I feel I can motivate and support my fellow teammates, while fostering a positive yet competitve environment to thrive in.

0CDDC853-0DA6-457A-B4F7-D76103D36212.png
X :ss/scizor-mega:
s/o fabwooloo ily

Last edited:

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Manager: Aurodian
Assistant Manager (if applicable): omicorio
Team Name: Die Lit Drifloons
List of Accomplishments: I have managed in the first iteration of NDWC, managing to reach semi-finals, along with qualifying for the Natdex Circuit Championships last year. I am also currently a QC member, Forum Mod and PS! Room Moderator for Natdex, with Omicorio being a PS! Room Voice and former PS! Room Moderator.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We have both managed in several Discord team tours and know the community very well, and think we can combine both experience and player knowledge to have an active teamchat and manage a NDPL team to success.

Last edited:
Manager: cy
Assistant Manager (if applicable): avarice
Team Name: Radiant Raikous (logo tbd)
List of Accomplishments: I participated in the first iteration of NDPL, Avarice and I both participated in NDMPL, and I helped team Asia in NDWC with NDUU + NDOU. I have managed West in RoAWC as well. Additionally, I have managed in a plethora of Discord tournaments that housed strong Smogon players and have a extremely high playoff / finals rate. Avarice has managed UUFPL and PUWC, reaching finals in both and is getting good tour experience with SCL.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I would say we're both fairly competent with managing and are able to create a strong team environment. We are both knowledgeable of the ND player base and are confident in our ability to support all slots/players, and we have more than enough capability to draft a strong team.

:ss/Raikou:

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
Manager: Kate
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Optify
Team Name: Brazy Braixens
List of Accomplishments: Multiple high tour placements and wins, including two NDAG tour wins and a recent ndou ssnl finals run. Qualled for both ladder tour and grand slam playoffs. I'm a room mod, a VR council member, and a tutor. As for Optify, he's provided invaluable support in both NDWC and PSPL, along with being a former tutor and room driver.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: My first managerial experience which wrapped up two weeks ago in AGPL had my team reaching finals tiebreaker. I know how to create both a fun and winning environment. Additionally, I know virtually the entire ND playerbase, and for the ones I don't, Optify surely does. This leads us to be confident we can draft a successful team.

Ryuji

LIFE'S FLASHING BEFORE YOUR EYES?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus
Manager: Ryuji-Sempai
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Dieu Amphibien
Team Name: Lumiose Luxios
unknown.png

art by Dieu Amphibien
List of Accomplishments: I'm a former NDWC manager (where i did a perfect), did R7 of winter ssnl, qualify at NDLT and at POs of ND Grand Slam. In addition, I did have good results in other side PL. Dieu is also a former team france manager (it was for Mono WC), did R10 at the first individual ND Mono Tour, and also did 7-0 during NDMPL.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We have both managed teams during discord tours with success, always reaching POs in my case, we know the community, and we can also support every slots/players. We are also both knowleadgeable in the community.

Last edited:

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
1630833951280.png

by morawaffle

manager: pdt
manager 2: devin
team name: kakuna matata

list: we have both played all the national dex metas, i managed in the last ndpl and devin played in it, and we both have a lot of tour experience and believe we can draft a winning team. i also believe i have come a long way as a player and a manager since the last time i participated in this tournament.

why would you make a good manager?: devin and i are both active every week and believe we can support our team properly, and we both have managing experience so that we can create a fun and competitive environment.

pannu

THE GONG OF KNOCKOUT
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Manager: pannuracotta
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Lasen
Team Name: Mugiwara Pelippers
List of Accomplishments: I WON NDPL 1 ALONGSIDE THE POGGING PEXES. also have had some tour showings. Made last year's circuit championship where I made the top 10.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I have been playing NatDex for over a year now, I'm well versed in all the metagames and I've also been a semi-consistent contributor to the community, being a QC member and doing some other miscellaneous project stuff, hosting/helping a few projects and resources such as potw, votw, and the set vr. Due to all of the time I've spent in the community, I am certain that I have one of the best grasps on the community and which people would form a good team together. Lasen on the other hand, has a ton of experience managing, having managed the most recent ompl, cap snake and cappl, and Ubers Most Wanted, as well as leading a RoAlympics team for two years. While I'm pretty sure this guy has never touched a game of natdex in his life, his managing abilities are stellar and he would not only bring knowledge of people outside the natdex community but also be able to create a fun environment for a team chat. I think my metagame and community knowledge in tandem with his experience as a manager would create one of the best manager duos.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Manager: pannuracotta
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Lasen
Team Name: Mugiwara Pelippers
List of Accomplishments: I WON NDPL 1 ALONGSIDE THE POGGING PEXES. also have had some tour showings. Made last year's circuit championship where I made the top 10.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: I have been playing NatDex for over a year now, I'm well versed in all the metagames and I've also been a semi-consistent contributor to the community, being a QC member and doing some other miscellaneous project stuff, hosting/helping a few projects and resources such as potw, votw, and the set vr. Due to all of the time I've spent in the community, I am certain that I have one of the best grasps on the community and which people would form a good team together. Lasen on the other hand, has a ton of experience managing, having managed the most recent ompl, cap snake and cappl, and Ubers Most Wanted, as well as leading a RoAlympics team for two years. While I'm pretty sure this guy has never touched a game of natdex in his life, his managing abilities are stellar and he would not only bring knowledge of people outside the natdex community but also be able to create a fun environment for a team chat. I think my metagame and community knowledge in tandem with his experience as a manager would create one of the best manager duos.
1630835473852.png

confirming

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Manager: Sputnikk

Assistant Manager (if applicable): faded

Team Name: Stalwart Skarmories

List of Accomplishments: I managed and played in the last NDPL. I've also competed in multiple tourneys and am on both the Metagame Council and the VR Council as well as being a tutor and working on the Lab.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: I did take a significant break from mons over the summer for IRL work purposes but I am fully back now and have more than enough time to effectively manage and support my team. I view myself as having the capacity to make good team decisions and provide folks with the support and teams to effectively play and compete in the tournament. We didn't do so hot last NDPL but I'm very excited to bounce back and potentially lead a winning team. I hope to create an environment that is both competitive and a really great time for everyone playing.

Last edited:

Byleth

Retirement
Manager: 23Gz

Assistant Manager (if applicable) Mario34

Team Name: Based Bisharps

List of Accomplishments: I've supported for tours like NDWC and PSPL, while also being a mod for ND room and VR and Set VR Council, while also have competed in a couple of forum tours. Meanwhile, Mario34 has managed in side PLs and reached the ND Money Tour Finals while qualifying for NDLT this season.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: This is a big step I'm personally taking, and I'd be extremely invested for this tour. We know the community fairly well and have been very active in it for the past year, I am absolutely positive that we'd provide a positive team atmosphere and be able to support our team efficiently and we are looking to go big for sure.

Senko

meow
is an Artist
Manager: emillight

Assistant Manager (if applicable): Kris

Team Name: DOWN BAD DRAGONITES

List of Accomplishments: Playing for TPP Bannedorus Therians (wins be going up like the stonks baybay) and managing the Stinky Stunkys with Kris in OMSL, not much tour experience but I'd say I'm a good builder and have had success in playing in multiple tiers, not just ND.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: I'm currently managing with Kris in OMSL (STINKY STUNKYS) and I'm usually on top of things like setting schedules and keeping up with my duties on a time constraint. I'm also a high school teacher who co-leads the art department, so I have credibility with handling important duties. Kris and I will be as down bad as possible to clean up this tour (and stink up OMSL).

ezgif-2-149c7f3653f6.gif

Last edited:

Dieu Amphibien

PERFECTION SPORTS
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Ryuji-Sempai
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Dieu Amphibien
Team Name: Lumiose Luxios
View attachment 369846
art by Dieu Amphibien
List of Accomplishments: I'm a former NDWC manager (where i did a perfect), did R7 of winter ssnl, qualify at NDLT and at POs of ND Grand Slam. In addition, I did have good results in other side PL. Dieu is also a former team france manager (it was for Mono WC), did R10 at the first individual ND Mono Tour, and also did 7-0 during NDMPL.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: We have both managed teams during discord tours with success, always reaching POs in my case, we know the community, and we can also support every slots/players. We are also both knowleadgeable in the community.
confirming

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Manager: emillight

Assistant Manager (if applicable): Kris

Team Name: DOWN BAD DRAGONITES

List of Accomplishments: Playing for TPP Bannedorus Therians (wins be going up like the stonks baybay) and managing the Stinky Stunkys with Kris in OMSL, not much tour experience but I'd say I'm a good builder and have had success in playing in multiple tiers, not just ND.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: I'm currently managing with Kris in OMSL (STINKY STUNKYS) and I'm usually on top of things like setting schedules and keeping up with my duties on a time constraint. I'm also a high school teacher who co-leads the art department, so I have credibility with handling important duties. Kris and I will be as down bad as possible to clean up this tour (and stink up OMSL).

View attachment 369968
CONFIRMING

sanguine

friendly fire
is a Tiering Contributor
Manager: Sputnikk

Assistant Manager (if applicable): faded

Team Name: Stalwart Skarmories

List of Accomplishments: I managed and played in the last NDPL. I've also competed in multiple tourneys and am on both the Metagame Council and the VR Council as well as being a tutor and working on the Lab.

Why would you make a Good Manager?: I did take a significant break from mons over the summer for IRL work purposes but I am fully back now and have more than enough time to effectively manage and support my team. I view myself as having the capacity to make good team decisions and provide folks with the support and teams to effectively play and compete in the tournament. We didn't do so hot last NDPL but I'm very excited to bounce back and potentially lead a winning team. I hope to create an environment that is both competitive and a really great time for everyone playing.
confirming!

Manager: crying
Assistant Manager (if applicable): ez
Team Name: crying cubchoos
(s/o omicorio) it would be so sad if we couldnt use this...
List of Accomplishments: ez has qualified and is still in top 16 of the ndlt, and i have qualified and is still in top 4 of nat dex grand slam, nat dex ladder tour, winning the nat dex majors (ez won the ou majors we were meant to be) as well as being first on the National Dex Circuit sheet.
Why would you make a Good Manager?: Although we are new to this community, we are very dedicated to this tier and would like to try and manage this tour
confirming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)