Need Help Building Around Araquanid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyo,

I've never done any kind of formal competitive play before, so I don't know what to do for building a team. All I know is that I want to use Araquanid, because it has not only insane defense but also good offense due to water bubble. Unfortunately, I don't know what moves/IVs should go on Araquanid. All I know is that I want it to be able to live against common threats while also being able to deal decent damage in return. I'm thinking that I'll use an Assault Vest or Lefties as an item. I also need some good partners for whichever set I use. If you could please, create an effective Araquanid set and give me some partner options. Help is greatly appreciated, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you so much!

BunnyWarlord

For the most part, this seems to be the most common moveset at the moment.

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Bubble
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Wide Guard/Substitute/Poison Jab
- Protect

This set is intended to be paired with a Trick Room setter (most commonly P2, but Oranguru works too), though it can function outside of it. People tend to favour this kind of set over AV to take advantage of the fact that it gets access to Wide Guard, as well as the ridiculous damage that a Z-Liquidation with Water Bubble and STAB boosts can do to even resisted mons. An AV set is definitely an option, choosing Poison Jab to hit Tapu Bulu and replacing Protect with Lunge to support your team. You will probably want to tailor the EV spread to hit important benchmarks once you decide on teammates, but this is a good place to start.

However, as it has already been said, you need to complete the teambuilding assignment first. This thread will probably be locked fairly soon.

For the most part, this seems to be the most common moveset at the moment.

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Bubble
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Wide Guard/Substitute/Poison Jab
- Protect

This set is intended to be paired with a Trick Room setter (most commonly P2, but Oranguru works too), though it can function outside of it. People tend to favour this kind of set over AV to take advantage of the fact that it gets access to Wide Guard, as well as the ridiculous damage that a Z-Liquidation with Water Bubble and STAB boosts can do to even resisted mons. An AV set is definitely an option, choosing Poison Jab to hit Tapu Bulu and replacing Protect with Lunge to support your team. You will probably want to tailor the EV spread to hit important benchmarks once you decide on teammates, but this is a good place to start.

However, as it has already been said, you need to complete the teambuilding assignment first. This thread will probably be locked fairly soon.
Okay. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)