Need help finding a Teammate for Porygon2

Hello, and first and foremost I apologize that this isn't an RMT per say, but I couldn't think of a better place to post this. I also apologize for anything I might say or ask that is obvious or stupid.

Anyway, here goes:

I play the real DS games (B/W), and our Uni has a bit of a competitive scene. The main star of my team is Porygon2, who combined with Eviolite is near impossible to take down (as you know). We play at level 50, and my Porygon2 has Max IV's in Def, Spa, SpD and 30 IV's in HP (no matter how many times I try, I can't RNG, hence the non-perfect stats).

Porygon2's IV's are: 252 HP, 184 Def, and 72 SpD, with a Bold Nature and Trace. Ergo, it has a slight bias against Physical Attackers (which makes sense, as it has a harder time dealing with them). It's moves are Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Tri-Attack and Recover.

So here is my problem: I like to attempt the Battle Subway every now and again, along with regular battles. In the Subway I currently use an Adamant Haxorus, Bold Jellicient and Porygon2.

I want to replace Jellicient, as despite being bulky, it faints much too fast.

Now, obviously it needs to resist Fighting, as it'll be my go-to whenever a Fighting Type rears its head. Access to Fire moves would be handy, as Ferrothorns, Scizors and Excadrills really give us trouble. And finally, I would really prefer it to be a mixed wall.

Now, I've tried several substitutes: Cresselia would have been good if I could actually catch a good one (roamers are annoying), Weezing would be great, but only if it's defenses were switched. My Roserade is much too physically frail to get the job done. I'm stumped.

Again, I'm sorry if this is DNP.

Metagross is a very good teammate. Though he doesn't resist Fighting, his amazing Defense allows him to take minimal damage from most Fighting type attacks. Then in return, he feeds them Zen Headbutt which not many Fighting types can take. Conkeldurr has a chance to live, but he can be finished off by Bullet Punch. The only other Fighting types who Metagross can't OHKO are mixed type ones like Lucario and Scrafty. Hammer Arm could make another good move, just as coverage. Here is a set:

Metagross@???
Clear Body
Adamant
252 HP/252 Atk/6 SpDef

Meteor Mash
Bullet Punch
Zen Headbutt
Hammer Arm

Item is ultimately up to you, Meta works well with a variety of items. Hammer Arm could be replaced for Protect.

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I told SOMETHING to notify me when I got a reply by mail instantly, but that SOMETHING didn't do that. Bad Smogon.

Now, while I know those would be quite useful, they're not quiiiiiiiiiite what I'm after.
With the current Jellicient teammate, I found the best use is: Toxic, Taunt, Recover. The only problem is Jellicient is a bit too frail (well, compared to Porygon2 at least), and barely lasts against Physical attackers.

I looked it up, and as I mentioned, Cresselia is perfect. It has mixed bulk, Recovery, Hidden Power, but no taunt (oh well). The reason I won't settle for Cresselia is, well, have you ever tried constantly soft-resseting a roamer? It's a nightmare.

Basically what I'm asking is: What would be the next best thing to Cresselia that also has Fire?

Again, I'm sorry if what I'm saying is stupid. I'm not quite adept to Smogon linguo.

EDIT: Of course! How could I have forgotten? Reuniclus would be perfect. Just slap a HP-Fire on it and it's the best teammate I could hope for. Problem solved. Thanks for you're help nonetheless. I saw Reuniclus' name while searching for Metagross in the OU section, so I couldn't have done it without you :P

ZoroDark

esse quam videri
is a Tiering Contributor
If you want fire and psychic you can try Victini. He can use TR too, what could be handy for Pory. Not to sure you can have him on DS. Otherwise Reuniclus is cool too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)