Netbattle just got DPgraded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, let us know when the bugs are fixed, then we can finally get out of that laggy Shoddy crap. DPPt Doubles is win.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I've downloaded the program and found it to be EXTREMELY buggy for D/P. If it ever becomes a viable alternative to Shoddy, we will consider hosting a Smogon server there. Until then, Smogon has no support for this program.

I've downloaded the program and found it to be EXTREMELY buggy for D/P. If it ever becomes a viable alternative to Shoddy, we will consider hosting a Smogon server there. Until then, Smogon has no support for this program.
like i said, it only came out yesterday, has bugs galore.
Chances are it will become an alternative, it has features that shoddy doesnt have, and less lag.
its the only alternative for me cos i can't download shoddy, dunno why.

I don't know if he just doesn't realize it, or if he's just choosing to ignore it, but the metagame's been developing for almost 2 years now. Did him and his staff just get into DP or something?
Yeah, they did. They didnt sleep for two years, only working in this thing. they've never seen smogon (their old supproters)
Well, i hope they fix that

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Woo! I don't care! Netbattle is pretty much ten times worse than ShoddyBattle anyway, which is probably going to be ten times worse than Competitor. I can't run NetBattle on my computer... seriously what reason does anyone have to run NetBattle for DP instead of ShoddyBattle?

Oh NetBattle... Its been awhile, good times.

Will it allow people to keep track of usage statistics or ladders like Shoddy? Also what other foreseeable future features do you think it'll have?

It's so awesome that they finally updated it! I cannot wait to try out some doubles!

I found a couple of bugs (In Doubles primarily)
- Scizor cannot learn Bullet Punch
- Surf will not hit all opponents, causing Water Absorb not to work in Doubles.

I've only found these. But if I do find any more I'll make sure that I report them.

Although I still prefer Shoddy for D/P, NetBattle definitely brings back old time memories and I go there occasionally anyways so I see no harm in downloading this!

Yeah, they did. They didnt sleep for two years, only working in this thing. they've never seen smogon (their old supproters)
Well, i hope they fix that
Actually I hate to say it but after they basically built your house and you guys shat in it, I doubt they're too happy with Smogon's work as of late.

As for the Cresselia ban...it shows these guys aren't in line with the old Netbattle work yet. I'm actually the one who took up the reins and has been using more formal design methods to maintain a metagame, though support has been admittedly smaller due to the NIH mentality Smogon has always had. Maybe we can get them in line with that; our Format 1 is just what your OU will be assuming designers with brains and another six to eight months time. I'm not sure if you'll ever do anything like our Format 2 or we'll have anything like where your UU will end up though, I think your design process is very flawed but your metagame should eventually evolve into something valid.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
First when I saw this I thougt: Atlast a D/P double battle simulator. But the problem is that it does not work like PBR or D/P double battles. Dark Void is useless, All use level 100 pokemon. Aslong it doesn't simulate the normal double battle rules it's not worth using, Shoddy is alot better.

I actually hope they don't implement a ladder system. Shoddy is competitive, and everyone uses the same OU standards because of that. Not complaining here, just saying that NB could be a nice alternative, without everyone trying to be NUMBA 1!!

Competitor
*tumbleweeds*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)