New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread - BW UU Edition

round has finished and i want to make new teams so i guess i'll post some shit i like using

Poliwrath (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Circle Throw
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

got me to 1408 under the alt rotomotor where i would've stayed but cecil sucks. take hits, phaze shit. it has toxic but i'd say it works best with toxic spikes. btw toxic is there for catching stuff like zapdos and slowbro on the switch. incredibly hard to 2HKO let alone OHKO so if supported with the correct hazards it can tear shit up. rest talk is kinda needed to keep it alive as there aren't a whole lot of water attacks flying around. feel free to replace anything with waterfall / ice punch in order to take on the nidos / roserade etc. more easily.

EVs are kinda random, i had the 68 in sdef because my previous team was weak to NP zoroark but it has helped me survive random shit like +2 kyurem dragon pulse (after fucking up against shell smash). adding more defence lets it take stuff like CB victini v-create more easily (though with its psychic / electric weakness switching it in multiple times is risky).
Biggest problem I see with that set is that Sub Zapdos, or any Ghost-type, is really going to make your day pretty shitty. Especially something like Mismagius, since it avoids Toxic Spikes, Substitutes on anything you do and can just boost up from there.

breh

強いだね
he notes that you use toxic to catch zapdos on the switch

plus, is it really that hard to wall zapdos?

same goes for mismagius.

+6 HP Fighting from a standard NP Mismagius does less than half to Chansey.

Although to be fair, Chansey can't do anything to Mismagius if it carries Sub or Taunt instead of Thunderbolt.

Biggest problem I see with that set is that Sub Zapdos, or any Ghost-type, is really going to make your day pretty shitty. Especially something like Mismagius, since it avoids Toxic Spikes, Substitutes on anything you do and can just boost up from there.
zapdos can only switch in on a rest or a sleep talked rest. if i see a ghost i just toxic it and switch out, if they don't have rest themselves they're screwed. mismagius is obviously a problem, so have something to handle it... or run waterfall!

Sun bro

Idk how effective this set is because I didn't get high in the ladder (around 1150) but it probably would work.

Slower@leftovers
EVs: 252 hp/252 def/4 spA
Regeneration
Bold
-Sunny Day/ Slack off
-Fire Blast
-Thunder Wave/ support move (yawn, toxic etc)
-Psychic/Psycho shock/hidden power (ground)

The goal of this set Is to support sunny day teams with status. For example, Victini has an easier time sweeping with thunder wave support. While Kyurem might not be the most common poke on on a sun team, thunder wave support let's it fire off ice beams without taking prior damage. Chlooriphyl sweepers may be able to beT their counters by 2hkoing because of paralysis. As a bonus, Slowbro Checks almost every physical threat in the game. Fire blast does hefty damage (it gets pseudo stab as well a having the 30 percent chance to burn that boil over has.) Slack off verse sunny day is a matter of preference. Instant healing is helpful, but being able to set up sun again is useful. The last slot is mainly for coverage. Psychic and psycho shock don't give the best coverage with fire blast, but it's usable. Hidden power ground hits Victini, which you will want to beat.

Serperior@Leftovers
252 Hp/ 4 Atk/ 252 SpD
Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
Overgrow:
~Coil
~Leaf Blade
~Dragon Tail
~Leech Seed/ Glare/ Iron Tail/ Mean Look/ Substitute

Does Anyone else remember the concept of Bulky Boosting?

Serperior seems like a perfect candidate for this. With acess to Bulk up 2.0 in the form of Coil that boosts its mediocre attack, great Defense, and accuracy: This pokemon becomes a pain to take out!!
Leaf Blade is your reliable STAB and attacking option. While Dragon Tail is a bleesing to this set, boosting its 90% accuracy to perfect after one boost, will phaze out any threat that likes to switch into Serperior. Now having Entry Hazads up... preferably Stealth Rock slowly rots away the opponents Health. The Last move is really a filler, Leech Seed is the prefered choice as it Saps the opponents Hp and heals yourself (GREAT for Chansey switch ins!), Glare can be used to create a Parashuffler set. Iron Tail if you need another attacking move, Mean Look can be used to trap a Pokemon in to Boost your Stats to +6 while they do nothing.

Scyther (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Technician
EVs: 96 HP / 80 Def / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Ariel Ace / Pursuit
- Brick Break / Rock Smash / Bug Bite

You hit 350 HP, almost 450 in both and 339 speed. Swords Dance is to boost your attack which is required and is very possible with your defences. Ariel Ace is your stab which oddly pairs well with Brick Break. Bug Bite can be used to provide 2 stabs but isn't recommended. It can learn Rock Smash which can be used over Ariel Ace and has 60 base power with Technician and a 50% chance to lower the foe's defence allowing it to work well with Pursuit. The only problems are Taunt users and Rock type moves.

hard to call any Mew set "creative" but here I go...

Mew @ Lum Berry
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
Nature: Naive
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-U-turn
-Overheat

This is a lead Mew that I've been using on my team. As a lot of Mew's value comes with the element of surprise, I take full advantage of switch-ins that are often considered safe. Mew's job is basically to set up SR and smash a couple of its common switch-ins for tons of damage with Overheat. After spending time with various Mew sets in the lead slot, I discovered that almost 100% of people with a Durant, Escavalier, or Heracross will switch it into Mew. Overheat will kindly show all three of these the door. The EVs also make sure that Mew is faster than all Uxie, so it can be used to throw out a first-turn Taunt on SmashPass teams. Basically Mew tries to do as much damage at once as possible, and between Lum Berry + Synchronize (which means a lot of Pokes like Milotic will end up Toxic-ing themselves), surprise Overheat and a fast SR, Mew can make a pretty sizable dent.

Well, this is kind of creative I guess. It's a simple SubSD set, but no one else is using it as far as I've seen.

Scolipede @ Leftovers
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
Substitute
Swords Dance
Megahorn
Earthquake

This works so much better than it looks like it would. At first glance, only being able to hit flying types and levitating ghosts with a NVE attack looks like it would be a pain in the ass (and it is) but they're not nearly as annoying as you might think. Given the physical frailty of many of the relevant flying and ghost types, you can still score some cool KOs with a +2 Swarm Megahorn after rocks (mismagius, staraptor, rotom, yanmega, more) And then there's the fact that some flyers don't even resist megahorn (Murkrow, Honchkrow, Xatu.) Not getting past shit like Crobat and Moltres, but no pokes perfect. This set is particularly effective at breaking down stall teams, with plenty of opportunities to set up on shit like Chansey/Deo-d/Anything that relies on toxic. Appreciates Dugtrio/Magneton support, as bulky steels are annoying even with Earthquake. Definitely isn't necessary, though.

Do you really need a Naive nature on Mew? One of Mew's good points is its bulk, and sacrificing some of that just for a bit more damage on an uninvested U-turn seems like a pretty bad idea.

Okay, so here's a cool set I've been using:

Hitmonlee @ Chesto Berry | Unburden
Careful | 248 HP / 114 SpD / 148 Spe
Bulk Up / Hi Jump Kick / Stone Edge / Rest

So you basically Bulk Up until you're low on health, then you Rest and activate Unburden and outspeed Scarf Jolly Victini and everything slower and sweep with STAB Hi Jump Kick and Stone Edge.

breh

強いだね
that's the most troll set I've ever seen, lol

TBH it looks hilarious but I could see it working.

I'm not sure what effect it has, but you may want to invest more in Def (as it is Lee's weakest stat, even with a few BUs) as well as speed (212 allows you to outspeed sun Victreebel post unburden).

That Hitmonlee reminds me of the good old CM ChestoResto Drifblim, who was pretty amazing.
I'd definitely give it a try if Unburden was released on it.

Do you really need a Naive nature on Mew? One of Mew's good points is its bulk, and sacrificing some of that just for a bit more damage on an uninvested U-turn seems like a pretty bad idea.
I've been using it with Naive but Timid would probably work. Not like U-turn hurts anything. Just needs to be a +Speed nature.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Here is the set I've been running on my Rotom-H. It's been working well so far (helped me get top 3 on a different server) but the EV's need tweaking.

Rotom-H @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

This set is supposed to be used like the standard Choice Specs Latios set in OU. The moves are the same as the Scarf set, yet this plays differently. Instead of revenge killing, Rotom-H tries to tear holes into your opponent’s team. Overheat is the go to move here, as it OHKO’s Nidoking after factoring Stealth Rock damage. Thunderbolt is useful for predicting a Water-type switch in, OHKOing most Slowbro and doing 80% minimum damage to Milotic. Shadow Ball and Trick are mainly filler options on this set. Hidden Power Ice is possible over Shadow Ball, but is not recommended, as Overheat 2HKOs a Flygon without any defensive investment.

The EVs go into HP to provide additional bulk. Base 86 Speed is nothing special in the UU metagame as Chlorophyll sweepers such as Victrebell outspeed the Scarf version, so the better option is to withstand their attacks and retaliate with Overheat.

Ok i might begin with my very own Froslass:

ParaCloak Bitch

Item: Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SAtk / 252 Spd }
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
~ Thunder Wave
~ Substitute
~ Spikes
~ Blizzard/Shadow Ball/Confuse Ray/Taunt

You need abomasnow support, but after hail is up, you're set, you come into something you'll beat or scare and put a sub, the paralize and just begin to spike up, using sub whenever needed, you have a 60% chance of being hit by a 100 acc move, that makes you likely to use a sub and have a free turn (i've had many times three free turns) then you can easily swich out or attack whit 100acc blizzard, confuse ray works for extra annoyance and to reduce the chance of set-up (which taunt helps avoid), but you become taunt bait yourself, steel pokes are not gonna be such a concern when paralized unless using bullet punch (just make sure you have destroyed bisharp) and the EVs are tailored to max speed and to be able to get in 4 times if rocks and create subs while you wait the miss, Taunt really helps when going against stuff like chansey or mostly any wall and begin to set up spikes, and even when you already have spikes up, you can still use the palahax and the slower foes (and if you see an aboma in the other team you can use her as a lead)

This frosslass set kicks serious ass. I fought one with thunderbolt in the fourth slot, which I thought was a pretty terrible choice. But with blizzard in the last slot, this is far more annoying and far more efficient than stallrein.

I've been running an empoleon lead that's been pretty successful.

Empoleon @ Balloon
252 HP 252 Atk
Adamant/Impish
Aqua Jet
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Yawn

It can set up hazards. Yawn to rack up residual damage. EQ and AJ provide decent lead coverage and AJ works great for sash breaking.

Empoleon's best set is this

Sp. Defensive
Empoleon @ leftovers
Calm
252 hp 4 sp atk 252 sp def
Scald
Roar
Stealth rock
Grass knot/ Ice beam

I know this set isn't origanal but I haven't seen an other one so I'll post it. This sp def empoleon from gen 4 and it walls so much stuff. You'd also be surprised how much empoleon doesn't care that it only has lefties recovery. One of the best bulky water has Grass knot for he reists water and is immune to toxic. Many special sweepers are beaten, if they do not have anything super effective. Ice beam is an option to take out grass though. Stealth rock is Steath rock. Roar let's you laugh at calm minders faces (suicune for example).

It

Grumpig. @ Flame orb
252 hp/ 252 sp Def
Calm/ Bold
trick
Substitute
thunder wave/ toxic/ healbell
Focus Blast/ Power gem/ Psychic
Believe it or not this Grumpig has been doing great on my random matchups team. I use trick on some physical sweeper, and they can hurt me because they are burned. Then, I sub up, predicting a switch. I continue to cripple them or I just flat out attack. EVs are for defense except Heal bell is only if you want to wait to trick so you can get rid of the burn (heracross). F-blast is for kyruem, power gem for the annoying yanmegas and victinis who kill you, or psychic for guts sweepers who take advantage of the burn. No one really expects trick on a grumpig and prediction is key blah blah blah. In the end, I usually cripple everything.

Here is the set I've been running on my Rotom-H. It's been working well so far (helped me get top 3 on a different server) but the EV's need tweaking.

Rotom-H @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
Shadow Ball really shouldn't be on any Rotom sets anymore (except the ghost one), since it doesn't get STAB and it doesn't have very good coverage. Hidden Power Grass or Volt Change would be much better moves in place of Shadow Ball. HP Grass can be used to hit the water/ground and rock/ground pokemon really hard. As with evs, its really about personal preference. I think a good speed number could (260) 208 Evs, enough to outspeed Adamant Mamoswine, or (270) 248 Evs to outspeed Heracross

Machoke@Eviolite
No Guard
252 HP 252 Sp.D 4 Atk
Careful (+Sp.D -Sp.Atk)
Bulk Up
Dynamicpunch
Rest
Payback

Defensive stats after Eviolite: 364/266/360

Start of turn 21
Shuba. called Mandibuzz back!
Shuba. sent out Machoke!

The foe's Krookodile used Stone Edge!
It's not very effective...
Machoke lost 57 HP! (15% of its health)

The foe's Krookodile is hurt by poison!

Start of turn 22
ys217 called Krookodile back!
ys217 sent out Celebi!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Celebi!

Machoke used Bulk Up!
Machoke's Attack rose!
Machoke's Defense rose!

Start of turn 23
The foe's Celebi used Nasty Plot!
The foe's Celebi's Sp. Att. sharply rose!

Machoke used Payback!
It's super effective!
The foe's Celebi lost 68% of its health!

Start of turn 24
The foe's Celebi used Giga Drain!
Machoke lost 189 HP! (51% of its health)
Machoke had its energy drained!
The foe's Celebi is hurt by its Life Orb!

Machoke used Payback!
It's super effective!
The foe's Celebi lost 30% of its health!
The foe's Celebi fainted!

ys217 sent out Mismagius!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Mismagius!

Shuba.: go go machamp

Start of turn 25
The foe's Mismagius used Shadow Ball!
Machoke lost 97 HP! (26% of its health)
The foe's Mismagius is hurt by its Life Orb!

Machoke used Payback!
It's super effective!
Shuba.: :D
The foe's Mismagius lost 77% of its health!
The foe's Mismagius fainted!

ys217 sent out Krookodile!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Krookodile!

Shuba.: near 400 Sp.Def

Start of turn 26
The foe's Krookodile used Stone Edge!
Machoke lost 21 HP! (5% of its health)
The foe's Krookodile's Attack rose!
Machoke fainted!

The foe's Krookodile is hurt by poison!
ys217: wow
Shuba. sent out Mandibuzz!

Shuba.: and 364 HP

Shuba. sent out Machoke!
Pointed stones dug into Machoke!

Start of turn 27
The foe's Victreebel used SolarBeam!
Machoke lost 154 HP! (42% of its health)
The foe's Victreebel is hurt by its Life Orb!

Machoke used DynamicPunch!
The foe's Victreebel lost 27% of its health!
The foe's Victreebel became confused!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 28
The foe's Victreebel is confused!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
The foe's Victreebel lost 17% of its health!

Machoke used Rest!
Machoke went to sleep and became healthy!

The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 29
The foe's Victreebel is confused!
The foe's Victreebel used SolarBeam!
A critical hit!
Machoke lost 340 HP! (93% of its health)
The foe's Victreebel is hurt by its Life Orb!

Start of turn 28
Shuba. called Roserade back!
Shuba. sent out Machoke!
Pointed stones dug into Machoke!

The foe's Milotic is fast asleep!

Start of turn 29
The foe's Milotic woke up!
The foe's Milotic used Scald!
Machoke lost 60 HP! (16% of its health)

Machoke used Bulk Up!
Machoke's Attack rose!
Machoke's Defense rose!

Start of turn 30
The foe's Milotic used Confuse Ray!
Machoke became confused!

Machoke is confused!
Machoke lost 27 HP! (7% of its health)

Start of turn 31
Machoke lost 63 HP! (17% of its health)
Machoke was burned!

Machoke snapped out its confusion!
Machoke used Bulk Up!
Machoke's Attack rose!
Machoke's Defense rose!

Machoke is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 32
Machoke became confused!

Machoke is confused!
Machoke lost 14 HP! (3% of its health)

Machoke is hurt by its burn!

Start of turn 33

Machoke is confused!
Machoke used Rest!

Start of turn 34

Machoke is fast asleep!

Start of turn 35
A critical hit!
Machoke lost 127 HP! (34% of its health)

Machoke is fast asleep!

Start of turn 36
Machoke lost 61 HP! (16% of its health)

Machoke woke up!
Machoke is confused!
Machoke lost 28 HP! (7% of its health)

Start of turn 37
Machoke lost 61 HP! (16% of its health)

Machoke is confused!
Machoke used Rest!

Start of turn 38

Machoke is fast asleep!

Start of turn 39

Machoke is fast asleep!

Start of turn 40
Machoke lost 64 HP! (17% of its health)

Machoke woke up!
Machoke snapped out its confusion!
The foe's Milotic lost 70% of its health!
The foe's Milotic became confused!

The foe's Milotic restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 41
The foe's Milotic is confused!
Machoke became confused!

Machoke is confused!
The foe's Milotic lost 35% of its health!
The foe's Milotic fainted!

Shuba. won the battle!
Shuba.: Megahorn'd
Mosswaves: Oh well, hope it wasnt hax :P

Yep, if you'd read the logs, you would've seen that a max Sp.a Solarbeam from Victreebel does less than half.

I've used different movesets, including:
Rest/Sleep Talk/Dynamicpunch/Bulk Up
Rest/Sleep Talk/Dynamicpunch/Payback
Dyamicpunch/Ice Punch/Stone Edge/Bulk up

Once you bring it in safely and manage to get one or two bulk ups, it quite often manages to stay alive for 15+ turns. One major problem is DynamicPunch's PP though.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Ok i might begin with my very own Froslass:

ParaCloak Bitch

Item: Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SAtk / 252 Spd }
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
~ Thunder Wave
~ Substitute
~ Spikes
~ Blizzard/Shadow Ball/Confuse Ray/Taunt

You need abomasnow support, but after hail is up, you're set, you come into something you'll beat or scare and put a sub, the paralize and just begin to spike up, using sub whenever needed, you have a 60% chance of being hit by a 100 acc move, that makes you likely to use a sub and have a free turn (i've had many times three free turns) then you can easily swich out or attack whit 100acc blizzard, confuse ray works for extra annoyance and to reduce the chance of set-up (which taunt helps avoid), but you become taunt bait yourself, steel pokes are not gonna be such a concern when paralized unless using bullet punch (just make sure you have destroyed bisharp) and the EVs are tailored to max speed and to be able to get in 4 times if rocks and create subs while you wait the miss, Taunt really helps when going against stuff like chansey or mostly any wall and begin to set up spikes, and even when you already have spikes up, you can still use the palahax and the slower foes (and if you see an aboma in the other team you can use her as a lead)
I remember facing that thing.

I ragequit after four moves in a row failed that would have been guaranteed OHKOes.

Momentum Shifter Jolteon

Jolteon@ leftovers
Voltabsorb
252 SpAtk 252 Speed
Timid nature(-atk, +Spe)
-Yawn
-volt Switch/Baton Pass
-Hidden power Ice
-Thunderbolt/shadowball

just started playing with it but OMG its been like sex!! People understand Jolteon's speed, but immediately forget that it learns yawn..

This set functions very similar to Uxie's Yawn+u-turn, but Jolteon is immediately more threatening to KO pokes if they wanna try and stay in to take the Sleep..and Volt Switch is actually pretty damaging (better than a weak U-turn i mean) I havent tried with Baton Pass yet..but it functions the same way only minus the damage but gets an immunity from ground types...Protect was my first iniative when using this set, but people are not that dumbfound..it ended up being a huge waist of slot on jolteon..so i ended up switching to volt switch which completely made a 180..hence the set Momentum shifter was born

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)