Dragonite @ Expert Belt
Ability: Inner Focus
EV's: 144 HP/24 ATK/128 SpA/20 SpD/192Spe
Nature: Mild (+Sp. Atk, - Def)

~ Fire Blast
~ Earthquake
~ Hidden Power [Grass]/Ice Beam
~ Superpower/Draco Meteor/Outrage

Fire Blast allows Dragonite to 2HKO Occa Metagross and 92 SpD/Sassy Bronzong, factoring in Leftovers recovery. Earthquake can be used to KO Heatran as well as Infernape. Hidden Power easily 2HKO's Swampert, while Ice Beam scores the old one-two on Hippowdon, depending on which bulky ground you want to counter.

The last move is up to you. Superpower OHKO's both Tyranitar and Ambipom, while Draco Meteor gives Dragonite a powerful 140 powered STAB. Outrage is also a viable option if you want to go with a bang.

Dragonite's EV's allow you to always survive survive a Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch from Metagross, 2 Gyro Balls from Bronzong, and an HP Ice from Timid Heatran, assuming no prior damage (and there should be none, since this Dragonite is meant to be used as a lead). Hippowdon will also never 2HKO you with either Stone Edge or Ice Fang. Finally, 192 Speed EV's always outspeeds + natured Tyranitar.

Fire Blast vs. LeadGross (252/0)

77.74% - 91.21 % (2HKO with Occa)

Fire Blast vs. Bronzong (252/92)

56.80% - 66.57%

Ice Beam vs. Hippowdon (252/72)

57.14% - 67.14%

HP Grass vs. Swampert (252/0)

82.43% - 97.01% (Note that HP Grass and max Sp. Atk will never OHKO Swampert with Expert Belt)

@Darkerkrai: I posted a lead Nido in the previous thread. Yours does much better against azelf, aero, gyara and t-tar, while mine performs better against heatran, gross, swampert and jirachi.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50649&page=22

I would recommend taking off taunt and putting on sucker punch. What lead are you going to taunt except Ninjask, Smeargle (not common) or maybe maybe hippo if you're gutsy? Sucker punch allows you to keep azelf and aero to just getting up rocks.

Nidoking is a good lead...

Nidoking @Focus Sash
Ability: Poison Point
EVs: 60 HP/252 Atk/196 Spd
Jolly Nature

-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Taunt
-Toxic Spikes

Holy shit on a dick sandwich! No one saw this coming! Do you think I'm kidding, I'm quite serious. Nidoking actually makes a great Toxic Spikes lead in OU mainly due to its Attack and Speed stats coupled with good typing and a better movepool. Nidoking's 318/190/185 defenses allow him to survive an Infernape's Fake Out and Fire Blast, something that Roserade or Foretress cannot do. A STAB Earthquake coming from 283 Attack stat 2HKOs max HP Tyranitar and Metagross (both are a nuetral Def nature), something Tentacruel cannot do safely. A 280 Speed and Taunt can help prevent a Smeargle from plowing your team over and that is something that Smeargle itself cannot do. That extra Speed helps Nidoking outplace a good number of leads for Taunt and kill setup while its offensive side helps it dish out hits easier, Nidoqueen on the other hand may just end up falling short on some KOs oh and it pretty much needs max Speed to outplace Smeargle :/.

If Nidoking can outspeed other leads or just kill them/take hits from them, why is the Focus Sash the preferred item you ask? Well, Heatran, Aerodactyl, Azelf, Metagross and Gyarados love to OHKO Nidoking so I think that pretty much sums up that question.

Nidoking clearly has some large advantages over other Toxic Spikes leads and oh, that Sandstorm immunity may come in handy.
Metagross - Earthquake
Hippowdon - Earthquake
Aerodactyl - Earthquake
Swampert - Surf, Waterfall, Ice Beam, OR Earthquake
Jirachi - Ice Punch (albeit somewhat rare)
Azelf/Uxie - Psychic

That's pretty much all the most common leads and all of them pack an attack that can at the very worst 2HKO Nidoking. In addition, he is not as fast as any of the ones listed at 85 base speed. In addition, the set does not have Stealth Rock, which is vastly better than Toxic Spikes in nearly any situation. He's too slow to taunt much and will get killed before he can kill any opposing lead. His typing and low speed let him down, and he's outclassed by every listed lead.

No, just no...

ALAKAZAM

Lead Alakazam

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EV's: 252 SpA/252 Spe/6 HP
Nature: Hasty (+Spe, - Def)
IVs: 0 HP/ 0 Def
~ Counter
~ Psychic
~ Trick
~ Taunt

Oh man this thing is crazy. Because Alakazam is so fragile many leads simply choose to take it out. Weavile almost always chooses night slash or fake out and either way you OHKO it with counter. The damage calculation is below. Infernape gets destroyed by psychic. Taunt is for those leads that are almost definately going to set up such as Bronzong or Swampert. Trick is a nice move (especially with my team) because once you survive the first hit and counter, it allows you to give your opponent nothing while taking thier item. Sure Alakazam will die the next turn but it removes some key power from key players. This is also useful to give at full health and later set up SR. Played w/ a trick specs starmie, I have found in my testing that many times i get my specs tricked back on alakazam and that ends up allowing a sweep as long as there is nothing that resists psychic or a fat pink blob. Another common lead is TTar who thinks he is all that and can walk right over Alakazam with a crunch - (everyone i played for the first time with this lead that played TTar used crunch). Also many Azelf or Jirachi leads love to Uturn thinking that not only will the Uturn OHKO Alakazam but they can get a free switch. A counter will OHKO whatever they switch in meaning one slot on thier team is basically gone. Finaly, it counters Jirachi like you would not believe. Counter really does work and no one expects it on an alakazam.

Damage calculations

Psychic vs LeadApe
138.23% - 162.46%

Psychic vs Swampert (none of the major sets have SpD investments and also note that a taunt counter is better but assuming the you taunt a physical move psychic may be used)
48.97% - 57.77% (note the 2HKO is extremely likely)

Psychic vs Hiipowdown (the common 252HP/88SpD lead)
42.62% - 50.00% (since it always has leftovers, taunt and a switch is the most feasable option or if you dont care about the SR then trick and switch)

Ok i guess i will start the thread with a set i discovered in the LNT of yesterday, and have been using it all time today, and it works very very awesomely!

Moveset Name: LO Anti-Counters (Yeah, crappy name)
Raikou @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Signal Beam

<Description>
Any reason why you aren't using Jolteon over this? It has that sexy 130 speed and a valuable immunity to T-Wave.

Maybe replace Substitute with Calm mind. Otherwise, you may be using an inferior Jolteon.

Metagross - Earthquake
Hippowdon - Earthquake
Aerodactyl - Earthquake
Swampert - Surf, Waterfall, Ice Beam, OR Earthquake
Jirachi - Ice Punch (albeit somewhat rare)
Azelf/Uxie - Psychic

That's pretty much all the most common leads and all of them pack an attack that can at the very worst 2HKO Nidoking. In addition, he is not as fast as any of the ones listed at 85 base speed. In addition, the set does not have Stealth Rock, which is vastly better than Toxic Spikes in nearly any situation. He's too slow to taunt much and will get killed before he can kill any opposing lead. His typing and low speed let him down, and he's outclassed by every listed lead.

No, just no...
Azelf is 2HKO'd by Heatran, Metagross, Aerodactyl, Gyarados, Jirachi and Tyranitar (an OHKO but, yeah), all common leads. Aerodactyl and Infernape don't fall so easily and can get up Stealth Rock. If I apply your reasoning of Nidoking being a bad lead to Azelf, then Azelf would just suck, wouldn't it? Not to mention that Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes are two different entry hazards.

It isn't an "anti-lead" set, it merely does its job of setting up Toxic Spikes and KOing other leads if needed. Bulkier leads can't set up Stealth Rock (or in Uxie's case, both Screens) after Taunt, resulting in Nidoking either getting up a least one layer of Toxic Spikes or that lead just being KO'd by either of Nidoking's moves.

Faster leads who can just set Stealth Rock up (Aerodactyl, Azelf) will beat Aerodactyl but, that's really about it. Infernape has a pretty decent chance of falling to Nidoking, due to the fact that Fake Out + Fire Blast won't KO Nidoking on the average. The Sandstorm immunity means that Nidoking can get past Tyranitar with very little effort and it also means that he can get up at least one layer of Toxic Spikes against Hippowdon. Taunt prevents the set up of Stealth Rock from slower leads while Earthquake and Stone Edge will cause faster leads to fall pretty easily while Nidoking will just die with its Toxic Spikes up.

Alakazam still is cool

Actually, some of these are wrong. A Weavile who fake outs will not get countered and will break the sash, following with a KO via night sash. An intelligent or Half decent player with weavile would guess the sash on Alakazam.
All this really is is a fast taunter who counters infernape. but again, no player would keep in an infernape on Alakazam.
On a lighter
Ok as for the weavile fake out thing...
here are some damage calcs for weaviles fake out (some changes -the HP IV should be at 0 as should the Def IV) which means for the alakazam just double the percent done.

Weavile w/ no bonuses for Atk boost
Damage: 37.45% - 44.22%

Weavile with 252 Atk EVs
Damage: 46.22% - 54.18%

Weavile w/ positive nature
Damage: 41.43% - 48.61%

Weavile w/ positive nature and 252 Atk EVs
Damage: 50.60% - 59.36%

Alakazam w/ 0 HP IVs
Weavile Neutral
Damage: 42.73% - 50.45%

Weavile w/ positive nature
Damage: 47.27% - 55.45%

Weavile w/ 252 Atk EVs
Damage: 52.73% - 61.82%

Weavile w/ positive nature and 252 atk EVs
Damage: 57.73% - 67.73%
In other words once i change the EVs, weaviles die to the counter. Also positive nature and EVs means counter is always a OHKO. Im pretty sure all the weaviles ive seen have 252 atk EVs so there is over a 50% chance of a OHKO and again there are 5 other members on my team (metagross would come in on weavile). But as i said there are some counters and always will be some counters to everything you think of but after testing, there really are not many things this Alakazam can not do and when combined w/ the team there are even fewer.

Also the Smogon lead Weavile has the 252 Atk EVs which means it will die. Trust me after my testing when i say that weaviles die. Any other questions or concerns about this lead are apriciated.

As for the Nature, a - def nature means that the Alakazam is more likely to take a higher percent of damage from the fake outs attacks or any other move that is low in power. That is why Weavile dies.

@nickoboy
I see, this is actually quite clever, and a nasty surprise for any weavile. I agree, most Weaviles are adamant, so this should work. Only thing this leaves is special scarf leads, although trick could work very nicely against these.

usually the special scarf leads are the ones i have to switch out on and save the alakazam for later because it still is useful then. Unfortunatly i like alakazam as a sweeper so im in the market for a new lead.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't think that's effective or properly tested. If you plan to use that in OU good luck. I don't think it can handle the "common leads" today.

I don't think that's effective or properly tested. If you plan to use that in OU good luck. I don't think it can handle the "common leads" today.
Sure it can. Taunt slower leads that want to set up Stealth Rock(Azelf, Hippowdon, Heatran, Swampert, etc.) while taking out others with STAB Psychic(Infernape, Aerodactyl). Tricking a Sash to bulkier leads who use Leftovers can ruin their survivability. Counter handles Weavile, so yeah. Really it's only fear is ScarfRachi, who is fairly predictable and beaten by Magnezone.

Azelf is 2HKO'd by Heatran, Metagross, Aerodactyl, Gyarados, Jirachi and Tyranitar (an OHKO but, yeah), all common leads. Aerodactyl and Infernape don't fall so easily and can get up Stealth Rock. If I apply your reasoning of Nidoking being a bad lead to Azelf, then Azelf would just suck, wouldn't it? Not to mention that Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes are two different entry hazards.

It isn't an "anti-lead" set, it merely does its job of setting up Toxic Spikes and KOing other leads if needed. Bulkier leads can't set up Stealth Rock (or in Uxie's case, both Screens) after Taunt, resulting in Nidoking either getting up a least one layer of Toxic Spikes or that lead just being KO'd by either of Nidoking's moves.

Faster leads who can just set Stealth Rock up (Aerodactyl, Azelf) will beat Aerodactyl but, that's really about it. Infernape has a pretty decent chance of falling to Nidoking, due to the fact that Fake Out + Fire Blast won't KO Nidoking on the average. The Sandstorm immunity means that Nidoking can get past Tyranitar with very little effort and it also means that he can get up at least one layer of Toxic Spikes against Hippowdon. Taunt prevents the set up of Stealth Rock from slower leads while Earthquake and Stone Edge will cause faster leads to fall pretty easily while Nidoking will just die with its Toxic Spikes up.
The same could be said of Foretress, Drapion, or any other person that can use the move "Toxic Spikes". If you put a Focus Sash on them, they will at least get one layer. Not only that, but Stealth Rock offers superior damage in nearly all situations and doesn't suffer from poison types completely removing them by merely switching in.

Azelf can outspeed and explode or fire off strong special attacks after it sets up SR. Nidoking just sits there and dies.

Look, if you want to use a lead that will always get up a hazard, use Metagross. He gains all of your benefits (Sandstorm immunity, ability to strike back at common leads) but gains a powerful priority move (Bullet Punch) a better hazard (Stealth Rock) and the ability to function later in the game. I'm all for choosing alternatives, but there is no niche that this Nidoking fills over others.

Even in UU, NidoQUEEN is used over Nidoking as a lead because it fills all the same roles as King does but with better defenses and better all-around support capabilities (see Support Lead set).

Oh trust me its tested... i played with this lead for two weeks not (sadly i retired it because i want alakazam to sweep for my team now). What common lead can it not beat??? Unless you have a special movepool i am pretty much guarenteed to take out your lead. as for scarfrachi, trick it the focus sash and then switch out making alakazam a powerful revenge killer. Another option is to just switch at the onset to something that can take it down.

If you think a common lead can beat it just post the lists of leads that you think would work. Ill bring up strats and statistics.

@ Evil Mario: What does Lucario have over Jirachi??
Less Pokemon resist (read none), Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball, and you're picking an arugably a better STAB with Aura Sphere. The Defensive Calm Mind set in the analysis makes mention of Psychic, Flash Cannon AND HP Ground, simply because it can't cover all threats. It carries more raw power than Jirachi as well, but not the bulk which makes Jirachi difficult to beat.

Lucario almost never runs Calm Mind, and it makes a decent bluff early/midgame, if you just fire off Aura Sphere/Shadow Ball, faking a Specs set.

It is not straight up as fearsome as Calm Mind Jirachi, but you may be able to lure in the 'wrong counters' with the set, allowing yourself an easy time to setup.

The same could be said of Foretress, Drapion, or any other person that can use the move "Toxic Spikes". If you put a Focus Sash on them, they will at least get one layer.
If you read my post, I clearly stated differences between other Toxic Spikes leads. Foretress for example can't use Taunt to its advantage or KO other leads easy for that matter. Drapion sports a superior Speed but, has much less coverage and isn't immune to Sandstorm, unlike Nidoking.

Not only that, but Stealth Rock offers superior damage in nearly all situations and doesn't suffer from poison types completely removing them by merely switching in.
Stealth Rock of course would be ideal for an offensive team. Toxic Spikes assists in forcing the opposing team into a corner faster than Stealth Rock could. Forcing something like a Suicune or a Machamp to Rest earlier is actually important for any powerhouse to pull off a sweep. I'm just wondering if you noticed that I mentioned nothing of Stealth Rock in the set for the reason that other leads would just outclass Nidoking for the most part.

Azelf can outspeed and explode or fire off strong special attacks after it sets up SR. Nidoking just sits there and dies.
Nidoking has the ability to nail other leads with a STAB Earthquake and pick off what Earthquake can't hit properly with Stone Edge (bar the less common Bronzong) before it faints. I really don't see the point you're trying to make, both leads will die if they're backing into a corner. Azelf going down with something with it while Nidoking goes down alone is the only big advantage I see here.

Look, if you want to use a lead that will always get up a hazard, use Metagross. He gains all of your benefits (Sandstorm immunity, ability to strike back at common leads) but gains a powerful priority move (Bullet Punch) a better hazard (Stealth Rock) and the ability to function later in the game. I'm all for choosing alternatives, but there is no niche that this Nidoking fills over others.
Once again, Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock are two different hazards. You're just repeating the same thing, "stealth rock is a better hazard so use this pokemon since it gets Stealth Rock down easier". So, basically, what you're telling me is that Stealth Rock is the "best" hazard in the game and should be used for any type of team? You have some twisted views on how the metagame works.

Even in UU, NidoQUEEN is used over Nidoking as a lead because it fills all the same roles as King does but with better defenses and better all-around support capabilities (see Support Lead set).
You caught me. I should've made it clear that this set was intended for OU play, sorry.

If Nidoking was to be bulkier as its counterpart, then, I would've placed more bulkier EVs on the set and gave it some Black Sludge. The Speed and power advantages are more of use when the user of this set (okay, me) needs to get something in safely. As with all Focus Sash leads, they'll die usually right after they've fulfilled their usefulness, allowing something to get in safely.

Metagross doesn't "gain" a better entry hazard, Nidoking just has the options and movepool to run either one. Whenever I see Metagross, I don't think late game, I think, "One less steel to Outrage/Draco Meteor through". Metagross is typically short lived because after a Fire Blast or Earthquake it can't survive 2 Outrages.

Stealth Rock of course would be ideal for an offensive team. Toxic Spikes assists in forcing the opposing team into a corner faster than Stealth Rock could. Forcing something like a Suicune or a Machamp to Rest earlier is actually important for any powerhouse to pull off a sweep. I'm just wondering if you noticed that I mentioned nothing of Stealth Rock in the set for the reason that other leads would just outclass Nidoking for the most part.
Only 24 Pokemon in OU are hit by Toxic Spikes, and that greatly limits its effectiveness. Also, Toxic Spikes does less up-front damage than Stealth Rock, which keeps you from getting some key KOs that Stealth Rock would allow.

Only 24 Pokemon in OU are hit by Toxic Spikes, and that greatly limits its effectiveness. Also, Toxic Spikes does less up-front damage than Stealth Rock, which keeps you from getting some key KOs that Stealth Rock would allow.
This is true, however, it really depends on the team's needs. If you are trying to sweep with Agility Empoleon, then Nidoking may be your guy, as slower leads will be set up on, allowing two layers into the field. Empoleon can now afford to run Surf + Ice Beam, beating Vaporeon and Suicune(without Rest) quite handily.

Any reason why you aren't using Jolteon over this? It has that sexy 130 speed and a valuable immunity to T-Wave.
Raikou-95 HP / 85 Atk / 75 Def / 115 SAtk / 100 SDef / 115 Spd
Jolteon- 65 HP / 65 Atk / 60 Def / 110 SAtk / 95 SDef / 130 Spd

There is a little give and take with each one. Raikou has slightly more power, but way more bulk that Jolteon. Jolteon gets HP every time an Electric attack touches it and has more Speed. Thunder Wave immunity is not important, given that Raikou will often be behind a Sub anyway. The bulk is probably the best reason why Raikou > Jolteon here. (Not saying that Jolteon can't run this set viably, it's just that Raikou has arguably better stats for this set.)

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Thanks ExplorerAce for answering for me. Yeah, its "kinda" same roles, the thing here is that the bulk and little bit more of power are crucial. It may not seem like that at first glance, but if you use Jolteon, yeah you can have more speed, but that little drop in power is tremendously important. The speed isnt that important for this Anti-Counter, seeing how it basically outspeeds everything, if you really are like "Raikou is weak" then just run Modest, since Timid is just for Gengar, Starmie and Azelf outspeeding, though none of those can KO you.
The little extra bulk of Raikou helps mainly vs T-tar and Scizor, CB Tar can OHKO Jolteon with Pursuit when switching, something i doubt Raikou faints to. same with CB Bullet Punch, Raikou is a 3HKO iirc, while Jolteon is a 2HKO.

Honchkrow

Pokemon Name: Honchkrow
Moveset Name: Lead Krow
Move 1: Taunt / Heat Wave
Move 2: Superpower
Move 3: Payback / Drill Peck
Move 4: Sucker Punch
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
Nature: Adamant / Naughty
EVs: Hp-252 Atk-252 Def-6

This is a Honchkrow set that I have been using a very long time, and it works very well in OU. It takes out lead Gengars like crazy, due to the fact that they always forget about Insomnia. Insomnia also helps against lead Bronzongs and Roserades, and allows you to switch into Breloom whenever you want.

Taunt on this set is a neccesity to me, because it stops Bronzong, Swampert, Hippowdon, Forretress, etc. It really helps to keep stealth rock off of the feild and switch Honchkrow in later. If this isn't a problem you're worried about, you can switch to Heat Wave to OHKO Scizor and Forretress, and do a good amount of damage to Skarmory.
(0 Sp Atk ev's Heat Wave vs 252 hp 0 sp def Skarmory does between 203 ~ 238 damage)

Superpower is a staple on this Honchkrow set. It devistates Blissey, Clefable, and most importantly, Tyranitar.

Superpower vs Bold 252 hp 252 Blissey ~ 508 to 597
Superpower vs Calm 0 hp 252 def Blissey ~ 555 to 652
Superpower vs Bold 252 hp 252 def Clefable ~ 247 to 291

Now this is the biggest choice. Payback vs. Drill Peck. I tend to go with Payback, as it is such a strong move on Honchkrow when attacking second, doing 150 with STAB, which is why this Honchkrow set has no speed ev's, and if someone switches out on Honchkrow, Payback will do a massive amount to whatever switches in. But against a lead Machamp, this could be a definite problem, so Drill Peck can be a very good replacement. Not only is it powerful, but it does so much damage to Machamp that it's not even funny.

Drill Peck vs 252 hp 0 def Machamp ~ 358 to 421 (Average Damage of 389)

Now Sucker Punch. One of the most powerful priority moves in the game, on a pokemon with a 383 attack stat? Rediculous. With the Payback + Sucker Punch combo, I have devistated teams. Sucker Punch is garanteed to take half off of any timid Latias, and is just a good move overall.

So there is my fantastic Honchkrow set, give it a try and let me know what you think.

that's good to know since I see clefable leads all the time

(besides, both clef and bliss can OHKO back with ice beam or something, just saying)

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/honchkrow

this set is pretty much exactly the the "lead" honchkrow set on the analysis with taunt as an option, and 71 base speed won't get you far anyway

it's a decent set, but it's already in the analysis

edit: is it just me or are 90% of sets posted here "lead" sets, lol

Pokemon Name: Honchkrow
Moveset Name: Lead Krow
Move 1: Taunt / Heat Wave
Move 2: Superpower
Move 3: Payback / Drill Peck
Move 4: Sucker Punch
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Insomnia
Nature: Adamant / Naughty
EVs: Hp-252 Atk-252 Def-6

This is a Honchkrow set that I have been using a very long time, and it works very well in OU. It takes out lead Gengars like crazy, due to the fact that they always forget about Insomnia. Insomnia also helps against lead Bronzongs and Roserades, and allows you to switch into Breloom whenever you want.

Taunt on this set is a neccesity to me, because it stops Bronzong, Swampert, Hippowdon, Forretress, etc. It really helps to keep stealth rock off of the feild and switch Honchkrow in later. If this isn't a problem you're worried about, you can switch to Heat Wave to OHKO Scizor and Forretress, and do a good amount of damage to Skarmory.
(0 Sp Atk ev's Heat Wave vs 252 hp 0 sp def Skarmory does between 203 ~ 238 damage)

Superpower is a staple on this Honchkrow set. It devistates Blissey, Clefable, and most importantly, Tyranitar.

Now this is the biggest choice. Payback vs. Drill Peck. I tend to go with Payback, as it is such a strong move on Honchkrow when attacking second, doing 150 with STAB, which is why this Honchkrow set has no speed ev's, and if someone switches out on Honchkrow, Payback will do a massive amount to whatever switches in. But against a lead Machamp, this could be a definite problem, so Drill Peck can be a very good replacement. Not only is it powerful, but it does so much damage to Machamp that it's not even funny.

Drill Peck vs 252 hp 0 def Machamp ~ 358 to 421 (Average Damage of 389)

Now Sucker Punch. One of the most powerful priority moves in the game, on a pokemon with a 383 attack stat? Rediculous. With the Payback + Sucker Punch combo, I have devistated teams. Sucker Punch is garanteed to take half off of any timid Latias, and is just a good move overall.

So there is my fantastic Honchkrow set, give it a try and let me know what you think.
Sorry, but with the lead set in the analysis already, it's pretty much redundant to have a set like this. Oh yeah and Honchkrow can't use Taunt very often or at all to its advantage due to its low base Speed and the fact that a slower lead will just kill it imo.

Sorry, but with the lead set in the analysis already, it's pretty much redundant to have a set like this. Oh yeah and Honchkrow can't use Taunt very often or at all to its advantage due to its low base Speed and the fact that a slower lead will just kill it imo.
Slower lead? Give me an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)