New New Name and Profile Change Requests [READ THE OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfy

is a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
Requesting a name change to Surfy

Most people who know me just call me surfy and I don’t even go by SurfyTeen anymore. Additionally, and I spoke with Kalalokki on this, I already created the smogon account “Surfy” in the past for some reason so whatever the process would be for me to assume that name now (merging the accounts, deleting the account, etc.) that would be great. If I need to prove I own that account as well I certainly can provide that information.

oki--tdp
requesting profile unlock, thank you

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
Hello, I would like my name changed to just "Think"

Reason: I'm looking to shorten my name from "Thinkerino" as people already refer to me as Think anyway and my original name has some personal attachment to it that I no longer want to be reminded of. As far as I could find through the search on Smogon, the name isn't taken so I believe it should be free.

oki--tdp

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I would like my name to be changed from 'sovietsympathizer' to 'iceblazer'.

Reason is that my current name is rather juvenile and that I’m embarrassed by it. And also because 'iceblazer' is my name on PS.

oki--tdp

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
Hello! If possible, I would like to lop off the beginning and end of my username and change it from "The Unseen Potato" to "Unsee".

I made the name seven years ago back when, inexplicably, potatoes were random, cool, and quirky! Though I haven't been very active in the community lately, I very much would like a fresh start with a somewhat fresher name. I am normally called "Unseen" anyway, or was, when I had more of a presence on Showdown. It's unfortunate that the owner of my desired name, "Unseen", was only active for five days in 2010 without posting anything, but I respect the rules and am more than fine with a verb instead of an adjective :)

Thank you so much for your time.

EDITED 3/19/20 4:11pm EST. I changed my request from "The Unseen" to, simply, "Unsee". I hope this hasn't caused any logistical problems.

oki--tdp

Hello, I would like my username changed to "JosJet"

Reason: My account is now slightly over five years old, and I've only recently been getting more involved in the community here. When I chose the name JetManJo, I was around twelve to thirteen, and I've been thinking about what to change my username to since I no longer resonate with it. I recently changed it from JetManJo to JosJet on Showdown and Discord, and I feel like it suits me better as I go by Jos (short for Joseph) on other digital platforms like Instagram, Twitter, PlayStation Network, Nintendo Switch Online, Steam, etc. I've also been planning on personalizing my profile on here more! (Another note: I'm also just not particularly fond of having "man" in my name, but that is more of a personal reason.)

I looked to see if JosJet was taken using member search and by trying to log in, and it wasn't. :)

Thank you for your time!

oki--tdp

hi, i would like my name to be changed to "crow crumbs" w/ 3 yrs old eligibility.

tackiness aside, this is literally the only place i still go by this name and it brings back some not-fond memories i would like to put behind me. i have been using crow crumbs on ps for the past while and i plan on using it for the foreseeable future so it would make identification easier too.

ty for your time.

oki--tdp

Hi, I would like to change my name to "Rinda".

People know me on PS/Discord by that name and I realized it's really annoying to have a name on smogon that has nothing to see with it. Also, it's hard to be taken seriously when you are named LaPatateDouce...

Thank you

done, assuming your 100th post was lost in the smogoff tragedy--tdp

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi, this is Itchy - I would like to request a namechange to ltchy (with an L), at least until I can get a badge to claim the long-dead itchy here on Smogon

I've been using Ltchy on PS for quite a while now, and my Discord tag has been Itchy for quite some time as well. I also want to be consistent across platforms and not have a gross name, especially not one associated with feet. Ltchy is also less masculine, while still being familiar to those who knew me before I came out as trans, which also informed this decision ^~^

I was previously denied here because the account I requested was already taken, just not visible to me, but I was told that did not disqualify me from requesting again

this technically breaks the no distracting text rule (if "itchy." is not an option for making you too annoying to tag then i should not be allowing "ltchy" either, ppl will just tag the one with the capital). gonna try and get back to this one once im caught up with the rest since i'm not sure what the right thing to do is here and am feeling bad about being stingy, but if you're also okay with like. "itchyy" or some other variant in the mean time then that would make things a lot easier on me

--tdp

doing itchyy following pm convo

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello! I'd like to request to fix the capitalization in my name from In The Hills to in the hills, as it matches up with what I've been using on PS for the past few years. If this is something I could've done myself sorry lol

Also, I'd also like to request to fix my birth date on Smogon to December 10th, 1999. I think I messed up and put the wrong decade when I made the account

oki--tdp

I was wondering if you could change my birth date to March 10th, 2007. I messed up Entering it when I created my account.

oki--tdp

Axelsior

High Hopes
Hey, I would like to remove the '13' from my name and be called just 'Acselsior', as that is my PS name. Thanks

taken: https://www.smogon.com/forums/members/acselsior.470320/
Hey. I previously wanted to change my name to just 'Acselsior', but apparently the account was taken. I am once again asking for a namechange to 'Acselsior', as I am a badgeholder now. The 13 in my current name causes problems while scheduling

no can do sry, this account hasn't hit the 3y inactivity threshold yet

howdy!
id like to change my name to tenzhii on smogon

for those who dont know me, the massive discrepancy between my name everywhere else and my name on smogon can often be confusing (i had a tour opponent who likely wouldve never found me on ps to play an unscheduled match had i not logged into the "zeep" account prior, allowing them to /w zeep to find me) and for those who do know me, theyve likely heard my constant rants about how i despise the history behind the name "zeep" and how i had adamantly refused to even log into this website because it meant i would have to post with this name; i made the name just over half a decade back, and i regret it a lot

im rather tired of it, and i do plan to be more active on smogon, so it only seems appropriate to make my account more intuitive to find! ive had the name tenzhii on discord, ps and other sites for around half a year now as well.

ive checked, and to my knowledge it doesnt seem to be taken (why would it be?)

oki--tdp

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
hiya - I'd like to namechange to Sectonia if possible, please! I've had some time after declaring my intentions to a few others to seriously reconsider my timetable to get my name changed on Smogon - I'm very attached to the shortened version of my current username, and people commonly call me Sectonia at minimum, if they don't go shorter, and I already go by the name on discord. i'd also like to finally be rid of the Servant part - it's been a source of common annoyances for me, so getting rid of it will hopefully reduce those annoyances significantly.

oki--tdp

Murm

formerly Murman
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Hi I would like to request a name change to Murman. I have dropped the numbers in previous years, and I had 2 old smogon accounts, being Murman64 and Murman064, from when I was young and too dumb to write down passwords. A few months ago I found that the PS Username Murman wasn't regged, I regged it, and I have not used the numbers since. Having the name change would reflect what I am going by now. Also the numbers just look annoying. I am pretty sure the number change doesn't require the 3 year or 100 post requisite but if they do just let me know I can delete this. Thank you :).

it's fine yea--tdp

Hello, I'd like to change my username to "Exublem", since that's what I go by on discord and PS. Thank you.

oki--tdp

SEA

show me what to be
is a Pre-Contributor
NUPL Champion
Hello, I've got a situation that I'm not entirely sure what to do with. My main account on PS is SuperEpicAmpharos, and that's what I've been using for 8 years at this point. I registered the smogon name SuperEpicAmpharos in 2013, took a break around late 2014-2015, came back and forgot my password and email to the other one. I didn't realize at the time that making another account was not allowed, and would like to have my name on smogon to match my name on PS.
If you want some proof that I am SuperEpicAmpharos, here's a few replays from a BW RoA live tour I played not too long ago:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5ou-545864
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5ou-545894
and my signup post for said live tour: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...-6-won-by-gilbert-arenas.3679598/post-8776088

verified that it's you, so congrats empoleon defeats swinub--tdp

New name change: Wubben

REASON: Everyone on showdown knows me by that name and my Smogon profile I have now has my real name in it, which makes me feel uncomfortable.

My account is old enough as well to request this.

oki--tdp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)