New OU List (September 2010)

Dusknoir, Electivire, Weavile and Ninjask, the Elite Four of suckiness, managed to start and finish DPPt being OUs while Shaymin only got into the tier today.

Yeah, sure is low rating in here.
Dusknoir: He sucks. He can rot in the lowliest pit of NU.
Electivire: Same as Dusknoir.
Weavile: With the banning of chomp, his usage has suffered alot. His viability has been tampered with too much, but he can still me a moderately effective revenge killer, though is normally outclasses in revenge killing by flygon.
Ninjask: Is only good on baton pass teams, or is otherwise worth a pile of shit.

I think the easist set would be SD, that way you dont have to worry about things coming in on attacks. However, it dosen't have the speed that scarf variants have. But if you use a band set, then this is what I think would outclass it.

Dusknoir: He sucks. He can rot in the lowliest pit of NU.
Electivire: Same as Dusknoir.
Weavile: With the banning of chomp, his usage has suffered alot. His viability has been tampered with too much, but he can still me a moderately effective revenge killer, though is normally outclasses in revenge killing by flygon.
Ninjask: Is only good on baton pass teams, or is otherwise worth a pile of shit.
Please tell me you're kidding when you say Dusknoir and Electivire should be NU. Please.

Shaymin is kinda hard to fit on my teams, but I'm happy for it and sure to put something together. I don't see it long before Hera is suspect for BL.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
heracross is gallade with higher speed, better ability, usable 2nd stab, not crippled by status, physically bulkier, umm...

gallade is resistant to stealth rock?

Gallade resists SR, but hera has the advantage of getting a boost from toxic spikes.
That, and Heracross doesn't give a shit if it's burned either. Gallade's crippled completely if burned apart from something silly like Destiny Bond or some odd support setup.

I, however, don't think Aggron will be seeing less usage because of Heracross. You'll just likely see it try to set up Rock Polish as Heracross comes in (I'm fairly certain that offensive variants of Heracross that switch into Spikes or SR a few times won't survive a Head Smash. At all.), or just be doing hit and run like I usually see them be used.

Heracross + Bulky water should work out fine. Slowbro can T-Wave so Heracross can come in and Horn-Rape the rest of your team.

In the entire UU Tier, the standard sets of every single pokemon of bar Altaria, Nidoqueen, Defensive Qwilfish, and Weezing are guaranteed to be OHKO'ed by one of Jolly Heracross's STAB moves after single Swords Dance. Moltres is the only one that requires stealth Rock to be OHKO'ed. 252/40 Altaria takes a minimum 97% damage after SR and is OHKO'ed on average. 252/252 Bold Weezing is 2HKO'ed on average. Qwilfish is 2HKO'ed 100% of the time. Nidoqueen is always 2HKO'ed.

This means that Heracross has no safe switch ins. Either your so called "wall" will be eating a Banded STAB attack or cowering in fear as Heracross uses Swords Dance. This means that Heracross has no counters, and teams must rely solely of checks. All of these checks are faster than Heracross. Due to this fact, Heracross could opt to run a Sub/SalacSwarm SD set. This gives him the ability to bypass faster pokemon, but he can no longer absorb status. Other wise Dugtrio, Milotic, and Registeel pretty much handle all the pokemon who will attempt to revenge Heracross.

I honestly don't see anything stopping Heracross. I think he will get an early boot.

Heracross is in UU. That is so freakin idiotic. Whether it be Flame Orb Hera or CS Hera he is OU worthy. I use(d) Heracross in OU and he could do awesome.

Heracross has very good STABs in Megahorn and X-Scissor (I think he gets it) and if you object that'd be like saying Special Fire has no good STABs. Megahorn = Fire Blast and X-Scissor = Flamethrower.

Rethink UU Heracross for God's sake.

Heracross is in UU. That is so freakin idiotic. Whether it be Flame Orb Hera or CS Hera he is OU worthy. I use(d) Heracross in OU and he could do awesome.

Heracross has very good STABs in Megahorn and X-Scissor (I think he gets it) and if you object that'd be like saying Special Fire has no good STABs. Megahorn = Fire Blast and X-Scissor = Flamethrower.

He doesn't get X Scissor, but why on earth would you use it anyway?

He'll get booted to BL, but it's still a slap in the face. Use Heracross if you wanna see him go to OU where he belongs!

Perhaps you don't understand how tiering works.

It's not a random arbitrary choice made by me. It's based on how much Heracross was used in the past 3 months. In essence, you decided to make Heracross UU by not using it enough in OU. Also, since Pokemon are not put into BL until they are found broken in UU through testing, Heracross falls straight to UU. What will happen now is that a round of testing will happen in UU and if any pokemon are found to be broken, they will voted BL.

And for the record he doesn't get X-Scissor.

Why does this have to be repeated like 6 times every time a new Tier topic comes out? Do people really not know how to read? Just a suggestion, but maybe you should link the article in the first posts from now on.

Finally Shaymin gets the attention it deserves, awesome Pokemon. And I honestly, truly don't think Heracross will be broken in UU, you can quote me on this one. Heavy centralization, maybe.

UU is going to be even more centralized. I bet every team would look like Milotic/Venusaur/Arcanine/Heracross/Registeel/Mismagius or Spiritomb. This tier is going to be pretty unstable if Heracross really is a top notch threat. It OHKOS a lot of the metagame and there are few safe checks to it.

Seriously this is Bullshit.

Heracross goes down to UU whereas shitty Pokes like Ninjask, Electivire, Dusknoir, Umbreon are staying in OU. I, myself have used Heracross to great succes in OU even when one of his checks (Salamence) was still in OU. But I have never had any success with Vire or Umbreon in OU - they just suck in every possible aspect.

Thats just... dumb?

I think its time to implement a system which favors weighted stats for Tiering decisions.

Thats because you dont use E-vire right! Since there are no good physical electric moves, use the base 95 spatt and go with the mix set!! Also, dusknoir is AMAZING! Use an adamant bulky variant with focus punch, fire punch, shadow sneak and substitute!!! Use a curse umbreon and walls are meant to WALL, not kill pokemon! Whereas weavile, i definitely agree!

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
... That usually means broken... remember Salamence and Latias? Garchomp?
Not necessarily Scizor and Heatran are both heavily centralizing, but neither are considered broken. Tyranitar too, it's presence in the meta alone blocks out the viability of weather-based healing moves, and thus blocks pokemon like Cresselia or Venusaur from really stepping up as well. Blissey is extremely centralizing, almost independently dictating what kind of special and physical attacks are good enough to be in OU, but we do not ban it.

SR is more centralizing than anything in the meta, and yet we do not consider it broken (yet).

centralizing =/= broken

centralizing =/= broken
He added heavy [centralizing]

Scizor and Heatran are not heavy centralizing. Heavy is Garchomp level.

That said, everyone's discussing Cross... but what about Shaymin? How come he's seeing so much use? What does he have over, say, Celebi?

He added heavy [centralizing]

Scizor and Heatran are not heavy centralizing. Heavy is Garchomp level.

That said, everyone's discussing Cross... but what about Shaymin? How come he's seeing so much use? What does he have over, say, Celebi?
Seed Flare.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)