New team...I suck at titles, sorry

Out of all the teams I've made recently, I think this is one of the best. It tends to catch people off guard often, and it helps me get a couple free KO's. I'd just really like some help to improve this team to make it the best it can be. So, here's the team:

At a glance:

In Depth:

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)

- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Why This Pokemon: Tyranitar is just absolutely amazing. He is my only Stealth Rock user, and provides Sandstorm automatically to help stop weather teams. He is my main special tank for non-Dragon attacks, and still catches people off guard with this moveset. There is nothing more satisfying that Fire Blasting a Ferrothorn. He does his job well, and can usually stick around for the whole game while taking down 1 or 2 pokes himself.
Why This Moveset: Mainly because i needed some strong attacks on the special side, being that my teams is mainly physical attackers. It can really help to sneak in an ice beam on a Dragonite, or a Fire Blast on a
Scizor trying to switch in, and that gives my team a huge advantage when that happens.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- U-turn
- Superpower
- Iron Head
- Bullet Punch

Why This Pokemon: Scizor is an awesome Pokemon in general, and his ability to use U-Turn, and fast, is great for keeping momentum on my side, and for scouting purposes. His steel type comes is handy a lot, in case i need extra support in taking a hit from one of the super strong Dragons in OU. He serves his role as a revenge killer quite well, and can even pull off some late game sweeps still.
Why This Moveset: Scizor's main problem would have to be his speed. By having a choice scarf, this is a problem no more, as he is able to outspeed many of the fastest Pokemon in OU with it. U-Turn helps a lot with keeping momentum and scouting their switching, and is my main attack. Many people don't expect the scarf, and leave their Latios/Latias in to attack me as they expect a Pursuit, and I KO them easily. Iron Head is good for things like Terrakion and Gengar. The last slot isn't used often, but I prefer to have priority, just in case.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 192 HP / 244 SAtk / 72 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rest

Why This Pokemon: Shaymin is AMAZING. So many teams leave him unchecked, and I can sweep right through easily. STAB Seed Flare destroys Rotom-W and other Water types, and if a counter does come in, I have a chance at a Sp. Defense drop so I can actually have a shot at killing it. He always knocks out or weakens at least 2 Pokemon so they are weak enough to be easily cleaned up by someone else. His grass typing and bulk is also really helpful for this team.
Why This Moveset: Well, I have this set because nobody expects it. I usually bring Shaymin in against a Water type like Politoad or Rotom-W, and then the most common switch in I see is Heatran. I kill Heatran easily with Earth Power, then the other player usually doesn't have another check. Hidden Power Fire hits Scizor and Ferrothorn really hard, and keeps them from switching in on me. Rest is just in case he gets low on health, and I really need to keep him around.

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed

Why This Pokemon: All I can say about Dragonite is that I think he should be in Ubers haha. He is just too strong. I mainly use this set for the extremely strong Extremespeed. If I get lucky with Jirachi and get a couple key Thunder Waves on some fast Pokemon, then Dragonite can usually come in and do some serious damage with his Choice Banded Outrage. Even Steel types take massive damage from this guy. He is my most powerful attacker, and a great revenge killer and user of priority.
Why This Moveset: Outrage can hurt everything severely, whatever switches in will be regretting that quickly. Earthquake is on this set for Heatran mainly, and in case Rain is up and I need to hit a Steel type. Fire Punch is main main attack against Steel types without the rain, and Extremespeed is the main move of this set, revenging many top threats in OU after they stat up.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 144 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- ThunderPunch

Why This Pokemon: Jirachi is there to take the strong Draco Meteors from guys like Specs Latias, and is also a solid answer to Cloyster. He can actually take a lot of attacks from the Special side, and last a long time. As for the EV's, I honestly do not know what I was thinking. I wanted a set that could take both Physical and Special hits, and it might not be the most effective spread but it works well. If anyone has a better EV spread though, I will definitely give it a try. Jirachi is my main defense of this team, and has some nice offensive attacks as well.
Why This Moveset: Thunder wave is a great move in general, and if I can slow down some key Pokemon on the other team, it makes it a lot easier for my guys (mainly Dragonite) to sweep later on. Iron Head works great when used with Paralysis, and is a reliable STAB move. Fire Punch can 2HKO Ferrothorn, and hurt Scizor badly. For the last move, I had a hard time deciding between Wish and ThunderPunch. I needed to go with ThunderPunch though, just in case a Gyarados tries to come in and stat up on me, as i would otherwise not have anything to do against it, and dealing with a DD Gyarados is a pain.

Landorus (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 228 Atk / 28 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Why This Pokemon: Finally, the star of the show. Landorus is absolutely amazing, and when paired with Tyranitar's Sand Stream, he can be extremely strong, and very hard to stop. I usually act like it's a Scarf set and spam U-Turn for the first couple moves, then when they feel sure that I have a scarf, I change up my moves and get a free KO. Late in the game, Landorus can be a real nuisance for the other team to deal with.
Why This Moveset: Earthquake is for the obvious strong STAB attack, which really is very strong. U-Turn is my next most used move, and is a great momentum gaining move, as well as just a strong attack for Grass types that like to switch in, mainly being Celebi. Stone Edge is rarely used, but can be useful if I need to hit something like Volcarona or Gyarados. Hidden Power Ice is the key to this set, and it is an awesome move for the Dragonites, Gliscors, and everything else weak to ice.

Overall, this team has beem pretty successful so far, but I really wanna see what I can do to make it better. My main problems would probably be DD Gyarados and Sub Terrakion, although I can work around it sometimes. Thanks for reading, and hopefully you can help!

Hey DarXidE, nice team but I think you should run a different Jirachi set, there's not point in having T-Wave and Thunder Punch on the same set and you don't have any recovery moves on it.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Body Slam
- Protect
- Iron Head

You could use Fire Punch > Protect if you want.

Your team is also very weak to opposing Expert Belt Landorus. You could use Hippowdon over Tyranitar to help with this, you already have enough Pokemon to deal with the Lati twins, and with that Jirachi set up there you will still be able to take special hits all day.

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Slack Off

You could use Roar > Ice Fang if you want.

Good Luck!

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Hey DarXidE,

Your team looks really weak to Dragonite and other threats (like Gyarados) you have identified already. To fix this, you could use Choice Scarf Rotom-W over Jirachi. Here's the set:
Rotom-W@Choice Scarf | Levitate
Timid Nature | 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Volt Switch / Hydro Pump / Hidden Power Ice / Trick

I honestly don't know why do you need SpDef Jirachi when you already have Scizor AND Tyranitar, both of them who can already check pokemon like Latios or Gengar. Speaking of Scizor, you should probably try a bulkier set, as your team would really benefit from being able to trap pokemon like Latios or Latias. A Choice Band set with a standard 248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 Spe EV spread and U-turn / Bullet Punch / Superpower / Pursuit would be great.

Finally, to help with the Terrakion issue, you could use Celebi over Shaymin. Celebi can still work as a Water-type pokemon check and it can put offensive pressure on the opponent team as well.

Celebi@Leftovers | Natural Cure
Modest Nature | 232 HP / 240 SpA / 36 Spe
Thunder Wave / Leaf Storm / Hidden Power Fire / Recover

Ahh thanks for the responses. First of all, i'd like to say that i forgot to put technician on scizor, oops :p I was wondering why it was so weak.

I was using Jirachi along with the t-tar and scizor because I usually don't like having scizor take hits, as his current set is frail. I definitely need the scarf on him though, as it just helps too much lol. Although, i never considered a rotom-w over jirachi, and i definitely like that change a lot. I tried it and it helps a lot with landorus, gyara, and dragonite. My only option against gyara before was pretty much smart playing and jirachi's thunderpunch lol. As for the terrakion issue, it's not really a huge problem, and i can take care of the banded sets. the scarfed rotom though really helps vs. life orb variants, so i don't feel that the change from shaymin to celebi would be necessary. shaymin's too good ;3

thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)