New Weather: Meteor Shower

Cheesy title out of the way, I've gathered some cool ideas that have brought me more success than anyof my past teams. I would very much like the assistance of the community to further improve this team. Thanks a bunch!

PICS WILL BE UP SOON, AS I AM CURRENTLY OUT OF TOWN!

Kyurem-White @ Choice Specs
Trait: Turboblaze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Kyurem-W is so scary. Almost Drifblim scary (look at his pokedex entry). As a more than capable anti-lead that also is not reliant on weather, why not use the nuke? The strongest Draco Meteor in the game doesn't ass-rape you ONLY if you are not a pink blob. Other anti leads like Dialga or Rayquaza and even some very incompetent Ferrothorn sets are OHKO'ed by Draco Meteor. EVs and Moves are power-house anti-lead standard.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

In real-estate, it's location, location, location. In Ubers it's weather control, weather control, weather control. Ho-oh and Tyranitar were THE BIGGEST BITCHES IN DA CLUB until this guy showed up. Thunder Wave is amazing, moreso than I would've expected. EVs and moves are pretty standard TankOgre.

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 52 HP / 204 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Surf

Latias is my Kyogre and Excadrill counter as well as a kind of special wall. D-Pulse is STAB, Calm Mind is bulk, Thunder is for Kyogre and Surf is for Excadrill. Thinking about Roost for Surf though because that helps with bulk but then Excadrill STEAMROLLS.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 24 HP / 100 Atk / 176 Def / 208 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Ferrothorn is for the scary Dragon-types who make the tier their hoe (i.e. Kyurem-W, Zekrom, etc.). However Ferrothorn's role is two-fold, for he is one of the most capable hazard setters in the tier. The rain from Kyogre is a blatant, "FUCK YOU" to the fire-type moves that threaten to OHKO this guy.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Def / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Outrage
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake

Giratina-O is running a tank-ish set to counter physical sweepers like E-Killer Arceus. There is also, with some prior damage, a good chance of stopping opposing Giratina and Mewtwo and some badly played Lugia (like really badly) but that's what Kyurem-W is here for right?

Arceus @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break

Okay, Kyurem-W is the rising sun, and this is the setting sun. This guy sets up late game SO EASILY. At 2x attack, ESpeed wrecks anything considered offensively dangerous bar Dialga, Gensect, Tyranitar, or Excadrill and Brick Brick Break takes care of the many of the aforementioned. At 3x attack this problem is remedied to some extent
and assuming I am playing someone who is not a vegetable, 4x attack is not something that will usually occur.

Thanks guys! Rate, hate, and steal if you liked!

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
Shift the 4 evs from Kyu's health stat into a defense stat, it reduces stealth rock damage.
Change Arc's set to 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe, it needs all the power it can get and the bulk could help in a pinch.
I suggest you beef up your descriptions a bit, atm they don't really tell us why certain pkmn were chosen and what your evs, etc do.
Your team gets destroyed by Palkia, especially Lusturous orb variants, Ferro dies to Hpump+Fire Blast and then it outspeeds everything bar Latias and spams Dragon moves.
CM Arceus-Ghost completely destroys you, it does need to get past Kyogre and can be revenge killed by Giro (and Arceus, but it is a speed tie) but it is still a massive threat.
Ho-Oh also looks annoying.
Genesect does heavy damage to your team with U-Turn.

Solutions:

Change Ferro's evs to 252 HP / 48 Atk / 208 SpDef to better handle Palkia (the atk evs are to break CM Darkceus' sub, which also steam rolls you).
Change Kyurem-w to a support Dialga with 252 HP / 56 Satk / 200 Spdef with a moveset of Stealth Rock / Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse / Toxic or T-wave / Fire Blast. Dialga can live one boosted Focus Blast from Ghostceus and cripple it with your chosen status. Dialga also checks Genesect and Palkia.
Change Kyogre to a Defensive Mono-Attacker with 252 HP /252 Def / 4 Spe with a moveset of Scald / Roar / Rest / Sleep Talk to check Ho-Oh.
Hope I helped, I think Latias could be changed now as well but I can't think of anything atm, GL.

Thanks for the rate Trainer Au. I do plan on beefing up the RMT when I get back in town tomorrow. I also will take your suggestion about Ferrothorn as that was my original set and the new one doesn't seem to assist me any more than the the old one. Genesct hasn't been much of a problem for whatever reason. As for Dialga, I'm not sure because Kyurem-W does his job so damn well, but Dialga does have bulk, great typing, and utility so it's a toughie. And I'll use some of your advice about Kyogre and investing defensively. Thanks again for the rate

In addition to Trainer Au's threats, Ddance and SD Rayquaza pose major problems for your team. With Air Lock, it negates the effects of rain and murders Ferrothorn with V-Create/Overheat and rips through the rest of the team with DClaw+Espeed or Outrage. Cleaner Kabutops also poses an issue, able to outspeed and at worse 2HKO everything on your team. Support Dialga is definitely an option, as you can now forgo SR for spikes on ferro. Spikes-Stacking is an extremely dangerous playstyle in Ubers due to a paucity of spinners. Residual damage from hazards adds up fast and you already have a spin blocker in Giratina-O. Ik the draw of Kyu-W's massively powerful Dracos, but it honetly seems out of place. If you don't want Dialga and want an Offensive option, try Mixquaza. It not only lures in an destroys EKiller's counters, but also defeats weather abusers like Kabutops and Excadrill. The set for Mixquaza is as follows.
Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Naive Nature, 4 Atk/252 SpA/252 Spd
Draco/Fire Blast or V Create/ Extremespeed/Outrage
This set allows you to smash opponents from both ends of the spectrum with Ray's Base 150 offenses. Its great coverage puts immediate pressure on the opponent as well as absolutely destroying stall. Good Luck with your team :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)