Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

This set is a wallbreaker, obviously, and runs Dragon + Fire + Electric coverage, a combination with no resistances*. Max Attack and Adamant for extra meaty hits, enough speed for neutral-natured base 95's such as Zygarde and whatever runs 290 to creep them, with the rest for an odd-numbered HP value.

Outrage hits insanely hard even without a boost. If stuff like Quag isn't an issue and being locked into a move isn't preferred then Dragon Claw can be used instead. Fire Punch is used over Flare Blitz because it gets the same KOs after a boost while avoiding recoil, and Thunder Punch nails Water-types such as Toxapex and Tapu Fini. +2 Thunder Punch also 2HKOs even the bulkiest Heatran sets.

*Mega Altaria resists this combo but it's an unmon so whatever
iirc, (unboosted) adamant dragon rush can 3hko defensive lando-t and 2hko quagsire, mew, Toxapex, pyu, gliscor and a ton of other things that dragon claw misses out on. For this particular niche, it could be a viable middle-ground and potentially let you forego tpunch for another move (like roost or eq) if you don't care about Fini.

First time here but I just had to post this one because I didn’t see anyone doing it
I present bellyzard
1546401504882.png

EVs: 4HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant/ Jolly Nature
- Belly drum
- Dragon claw
- Flame charge
- Roost

This set is always a surprise, no shock it hits like a truck. The flame charge first turn a lot of times can be used to just finish something off. Against a few defensive cores too you can just go ahead and belly drum then attempt to sweep. Roost comes in handy often to increase longevity after you get rid of Zards checks Evs and nature to just maximize offensive potential

one spdef boi

EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp / Earthquake
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Toxic

Spdef Zard so you're even more annoying. X because better typing. evs outspeed Timid Magearna and Slower. Alternate EV spread of 248 HP / 188 SpD / 72 Spe with Jolly should be used with Earthquake to outpace timid Heatran. Toxic snipes fat waters par pex. Wisp burns stuff and Flare Blitz for a spammable attack. Roost heals you.

Hey. Before I start this week, I'd like to apologise for the incredibly long hiatus. My holidays are normally pretty busy and I couldn't find too much time to update it. Similarly to what I did with Victim, I've decided to skip this week's voting period, simply because we're so far behind schedule. As for my opinion on this week's submissions, I'll be honest when I say that I really wasn't a fan of the majority of them, although that's mostly my fault for choosing as something as linear as Charizard as the subject. Also for future reference, you don't need to include a screenshot of a reservation expiring; I'm able to see when a post was not only posted, but also when it was edited. Oh and please don't include gigantic images, it's just annoying.

This week's subject is Landorus! There really isn't much to say about Landorus: it has obviously been regarded as the forefront of the tier due to the sheer impact it has left on the tier; it possesses a variety of different sets, which have all greatly impacted the tier. Not going to try stretch it out because you get the point, Lando's pretty good and has a lot of options going for it.

Here are this weeks banned sets:

|flyinium-z--held.png|rockium-z--held.png|choice-scarf.png|landorus-therian.png|leftovers.png|rocky-helmet.png|focus-sash.png|
e: apparently I put smack down on Fly Z lando, should be gravity my bad
(click me)

I'll go ahead and say this now because this is inevitable, but because this year is going to be fairly busy for me, there may be delays with the schedule, so apologies in advance. Also just a reminder that alternate EV spreads are still accept as submissions, just as long as you're not running a complete joke set. Happy Posting!

Last edited:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers / Fightinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave / Rock Polish
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Focus Blast

I know this looks like hot garbage, but typically you are physically defensive enough to take a hit or at the very least, force something out and get a Calm Mind up before anything can threaten it out. This works since many would be more familiar with the Physical Sets and not see this monster coming.
0 SpA Zapdos Hidden Power Ice vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 172-204 (45.1 - 53.5%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0- SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 132-156 (34.6 - 40.9%) -- 54.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Hidden Power Ice vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 256-304 (67.1 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 0 SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 148-176 (38.6 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 0 SpA Landorus-Therian Sludge Wave vs. 248 HP / 56 SpD Assault Vest Tapu Bulu: 280-332 (81.6 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

+1 0 SpA Landorus-Therian Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor-Mega: 151-178 (44 - 51.8%) -- 13.3% chance to 2HKO

+1 0 SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 324-384 (84.8 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 0 SpA Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 152 SpD Gliscor: 288-340 (81.8 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
Credit for this set goes to Felixx. Thank You.

Last edited:

Algeria

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

In trouble against Stall or you need to break some teams in half ? Here's the SubSD Lando set.

Landorus-Therian @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Explosion

EV spread could probably be optimised, this is just the one from the analysis (could honestly go offensive but I'm not sure). The idea is basically that Lando rarely dies in one hit, so you can get rocks up, live a strong hit, and boom on them. Works against a plethora of mons; Tornadus-T (Z-Cane narrowly misses the OHKO, and Helmet's Hurricane narrowly misses the 2HKO), Tapu Koko, Rotom-W, Mega Swampert, and Hawlucha to name a few.

252 SpA Tornadus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 322-381 (84.2 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Tornadus-Therian Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 154-183 (40.3 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Tapu Koko Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 256-304 (67 - 79.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Rotom-Wash Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 296-350 (77.4 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Landorus-Therian in Rain: 284-336 (74.3 - 87.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Hawlucha Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112+ Def Landorus-Therian: 205-243 (53.6 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (pretty easy to get chipped into range of custap)

Last edited:

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

This Landorus has a nice EdgeQuake coverage and can act as a sweeper or wallbreaker thanks to Rock Polish and Swords Dance in one set. ZRock smashes bulky mons like Celesteela and Rotom-W, especially after SD.

Last edited:

Guard

حرروا فلسطين
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Toxic is legit gold right now on the defensive set as it allows you to surprise Bulu, Tang, opposing Lando, Torn-T, Zapdos and mostly the plague aka Washtom. EVs ensure you outspeed Wastom and U-turn on it, since getting chip on that mon is crucial but running more Speed is always an option to outspeed max speed Mage and Modest Tran.

Landorus-Therian @ Metronome
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Gravity
- Swords Dance

Metronome Lando is something I've been toying with a bit recently. Its main appeal comes from being able to break past pokemon such as M-Scizor, Reuniclus and Clefable which otherwise wall it, plus its ability to bluff scarf at first means it's easy for it to pick up KOs early game. With Gravity, it also doesn't have to worry about ground immunes like Rotom-W or Celesteela and just freely spams Earthquake. This set is especially effective against Stall (better stallbreaker than earth plate imo), seeing as it can break through Quagsire & other stall staples.

Last edited:
Rock Knock Landorus

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
-Earthquake
-U-Turn
-Knock Off
-Stealth Rock

What if we turned SR + Knock Off Clefable into a Lando-T? :blobthinking:

This set is a modification of the classic Physdef Lando that emphasizes getting chip damage off on the opponent. Rocky Helmet is self-explanatory tbh but it makes Lando a more threatening pivot and a better punisher of U-Turn at the cost of longevity. This is a minor loss since Lando doesn't tend to stay in long enough to take advantage of lefties in the long term. Knock Off is chosen over HP Ice because we dont need it for zygarde it punishes Lando's switchins more effectively. Opposing Lando's frequently run Scarf, Tangrowth runs AV, Celesteela runs lefties, Bulu runs lefties, etc etc, so this cripples them more than a stray HP Ice would, especially because Knock Off can be brainlessly clicked unlike HP Ice since there are such few good switch-ins.

This set works best when paired with mons whose checks become vulnerable if their item is gone, such as Ash-Greninja, Tapu Koko, and Mega Diancie.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 244 Atk / 68 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Punishment
- Defog

Choice Scarf Landorus-T usually has a filler move, and I'm curious to see if Punishment can fulfill such role. More specifically, Punishment is able to severely, uh, punish foes like Mega Latias and Reuniclus that focus on stacking stat boost upon stat boost. With the apparent increased viability of Mega Latias especially, it will come very handy.

SFG

Snom is Fucking Great
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Fling+Light Ball Landorus

Landorus-Therian @ Light Ball
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fling
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This set is based on the combination of the Light Ball with Fling, which will paralyse the target. The paralysis is useful against many threats such as Kartana, Serperior, Tornadus-Therian, Heracross-Mega, Garchom, Tapu Bulu or Keldeo which are good checks to Landorus-T otherwise. Earthquake is its strongest STAB and U-turn is always a good option to keep momentum. HP Fire is a good option on the last slot to OHKO Kartana and 2HKO Scizor-Mega, but you can also use Explosion or Defog depending on your team. His Speed investment allows him to outspeed 252+ Heatran, with the others EVs being used to improve its bulk.

Last edited:
Offensive SpA attacker Landorus-T

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn/Knock Off
- Hidden Power: Ice
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power

General idea
What you have to remember about Landorus-T is that SpA is usable alongside a Life Orb because you have some good special moves at your disposal.
HP Ice + Sludge Bomb (which has a nice poison chance) is a really good combination to deal properly with many traditional counter such as Grounds and Grasses.
Earth Power is the STAB that isn't affected by opposite Intimidate and burns, thus making it a good choice anyways.
A special Landorus-T, while the HP Ice variant already exists, it is still unexpected.
The fourth slot is entirely u to you: U-turn is here to bluff a traditional set (it doesn't have STAB, so it deals low damage anyways) and Knock Off is a classic utility move that hits relatively hard.

In my opinion, this offensive variant has more immediate power than the defensive CM set, so it can lure things more effectively.

SR and hazard support is nice to OHKO some traditional counters/hard checks straight away.

Calcs:
252 SpA Life Orb Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 354-421 (92.6 - 110.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Landorus-Therian Sludge Bomb vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Tapu Bulu: 328-390 (95.6 - 113.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 338-400 (94.4 - 111.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Landorus-Therian Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 152 SpD Gliscor: 312-369 (88.6 - 104.8%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Poison Heal
252 SpA Life Orb Landorus-Therian Sludge Bomb vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 177-208 (51.6 - 60.6%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Sayuze

Banned deucer.
Double Nuke Lando-T

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Explosion

this is a pretty dope set, saw it used by both imsosorrylol and EclipseW, this set allows you to get off 2 nukes, the first one with SSSS and then one with explosion. people usually will sack something to SSSS and then expect you not to be able to do much after, but you can surprise them with explosion. although u dont have rocks, this is still a pretty nice wallbreaker set

Attachments

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Explosion
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Choice Band Landorus-T is pretty underrated, but it can perform pretty well in certain matchups. Earthquake has a high chance to OHKO (albeit uncommon) Shuca Koko, 2HKO standard Ferrothorn, 252 HP / 96+ Def Slowbro, and all Unaware users with Earthquake. However, Stone Edge is still a 3HKO on stuff like Celesteela and Rotom-W, unless the opponent is running SpDef Rotom. It 2HKOes defensive Zap and OHKOes Torn, however. Knock does pretty good amount to a bunch of stuff and annoys its usual checks like the aforementioned 3hko mons, and U-turn is actually mandatory on any landot set that isn't sashboom or Sd zmove. U-turn does decent damage to Bulu and Tang as well.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Hate people who try and lure your rockium landorus by doubling into a ground on your Z? well thats a time of the past! Introducing Z Superpower Landorus-T, with more Celesteela, Skarmory, MZor, and Washtom breaking power. Also comes with 1 time limited sniping grounds who want to come in on your stone edge. Also has edge for sniping zapdos and torn. Premium laddering package includes blowing back any kartana that wants to try and eat an earthquake while it Swords Dances in your face.

+2 252 Atk Landorus-Therian All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Rotom-Wash: 321-378 (105.5 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Landorus-Therian All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 28 Def Celesteela: 425-500 (107 - 125.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Landorus-Therian All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 255-300 (76.5 - 90%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Landorus-Therian All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Scizor-Mega: 255-301 (74.3 - 87.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Landorus-Therian All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kartana: 356-420 (136.9 - 161.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Hey. I just wanted to thank everyone for participating in this project for the past several months. You might’ve noticed that I haven’t touched this in a considerable amount of time, and that’s because I’ve become incredibly busy as of late. I’d like to once again apologise for delaying this so long, but I had intended to revive this (and my other) threads before a few recent events occurred. Best of luck to whoever takes over and thank you all for participating for such a long time.

TPP was here BWAHAHAH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)