OP stolen from OU and UU
Approved by MrAldo
Banner by Jolly Togekiss ^-^
Co-hosted with atomicllamas
RU Next Best Thing is here for Sword and Shield! This project tasks the most creative of participants with finding underexplored sets for familiar Pokemon, in order to let them function in a new and useful manner. This project is meant to encourage exploration of a Pokemon in the RU Metagame. With this in mind, not every set will become a metagame staple, and that's ok! We're here to discover what each Pokemon can do, so no matter the purpose of the set you make, your contribution is valuable. We're doing this both for research and for fun, so don't be afraid to give it a shot!
So, how's this going to work?
Each week, a Pokemon with the potential to have many options for sets will be selected. Participants must try to create a new set for it that is not already considered one of its main sets (either already in the Smogon Strategy Pokedex or in the process of being added). Participants will have from Saturday until Wednesday (GMT +8) to create their set. On my signal, a vote will be held in order to choose which set is the most creative and viable in the current Gen 8 RU metagame. Once the votes are tallied and a winner is selected, the set will be listed in the Hall Of Fame below this post and the process will start over with another Pokemon.
VERY IMPORTANT RULES
- Feel free to be as creative as you want, just make sure that you can prove that your set stands apart from the standard sets, especially if yours does not appear much different from the standard ones. It is also important that you understand the difference between a creative set and a gimmicky set- this project is meant to use creativity to maximize a Pokemon's potential, not produce gimmicks. We may disallow sets if we deem them too gimmicky, situational, or unoriginal.
- Avoid using single move/item changes, as they do not explore untapped potential of a Pokemon, but rather augment what we already understand of a Pokemon.
- Feel free to post replays of your set in action! This is a great way to show how your set can be game changing in certain situations.
- We appreciate suggestions for Pokemon to cover in the future, but please directly send those to myself rather than posting them in this thread!
- Do not change your set after voting phase has started- doing so will result in disqualification.
- You may not vote for your own set or persuade people to vote for you- these will also result in disqualification.
- You may reserve a set, but if you haven't properly filled it in within 2 days of your reservation it may be taken by someone else.
- You are required to have fun!