Krookodile @ Steelium Z / Rockium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Tail / Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

This set is very unexpected, if used with caution and cunning you can get rid of many pokemons such as: Togekiss, Sylveon, Mantine, Mandibuzz and so many others.... . The sets Steelium z is a little past of fashion thanks to the ban of the star uu Clefable and so there are only a few fairy ones such as Sylveon. Another alternative might be Waterium z Krokodile with Aqua Tail even if it could only work against Hippowdon.
I think Stealth Rock > Pursuit is a viable alternative. Intimidate adds a lot more utility to the set too, since Krookodile is not fast enough to be sweeping with Moxie.

Krookodile @ Firium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Fire Fang
- Stealth Rock

One of the best partners to Pokemon weak to Scizor. With Firium Z, Krookodile is able to lure an opposing Scizor and remove it from the game. Outside of Scizor, Fire Fang doesn't hit much else coverage wise. Dealing a decent amount of damage to Pokemon such as Tsareena (lol), Forretress (ass), Chesnaught, Amoonguss and Heracross isn't too bad. In terms of Pokemon that pair well with this Krookodile, I can think of M-Beedrill, M-Aerodactyl, Togekiss, Sylveon, Klefki, Alolan-Ninetales (!). This Krookodile circumvents the use of Magneton in some cases.

Last edited:

Krookodile @ Waterium Z
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Waterium Z Krook partners well with Calm Mind Raikou, SD Absol, Bulky SD Scizor, Sub SD Hawlucha, and SD Rock Polish Cobalion because of how well Krook can lure in and take out some of their common checks like Hippowdown and Glisocor. Krook 2HKO's Mixed Wall Hippo with rocks up while doing massive damage to Gliscor with rocks up (62.5% OKO) or OKO'ing Gliscor on a knock off switch in. Both Hippo and Gliscor are pretty common switch ins to Krook too, barring Gliscor being cautious before it activates its toxic orb.

Hippowdown: Waterium Z + Aqua Tail + Rocks= Guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Krookodile Hydro Vortex (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Hippowdon: 260-308 (61.9 - 73.3%)
252 Atk Krookodile Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Hippowdon: 136-160 (32.3 - 38%)

Gliscor
252 Atk Krookodile Hydro Vortex (175 BP) vs. 244 HP / 12 Def Gliscor: 290-342 (82.3 - 97.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Krookodile @ Normalium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Me First
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Crunch / Power Trip
- Stone Edge / Aqua Tail

This Krook is a typical Late-Game Sweeper. Normalium Z + Me First give +2 Speed to Krook (which allows him even with Ada Nature to outspeed basically everything in the tier [even Rain Dance Sweeper]) while copying and transforming the opposite attack into a great Z-Move. It can basically ensure a free kill and so take advantage of Moxie.
Earthquake is Krook's main STAB. Knock Off is a great second STAB but you can change it for Crunch for fixed damages or even Power Trip (Dark Physical Stored Power) which has 80 BP with +2 Spe and 1 Moxie Boost.
The last move depend of what you want do deal with : Stone Edge take care of Aero-Mega / Togekiss while Aqua Tail is Aero-Mega / Gliscor / Hippowdon (Thunder Fang & Fire Fang are legit option too cuz' it ensure the OHKO on Hawlucha or Bulky Scizor).

+1 252+ Atk Krookodile Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aerodactyl-Mega: 382-450 (126.9 - 149.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Krookodile Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Togekiss: 248-294 (66.4 - 78.8%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Krookodile Aqua Tail vs. 244 HP / 12 Def Gliscor: 246-290 (69.8 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
+1 252+ Atk Krookodile Aqua Tail vs. 252 HP / 80+ Def Hippowdon: 222-262 (52.8 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
y'all are trippin on this z-move crap. no worries tho im here to present you the unarguably best krook set:

you trippin? (Krookodile) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 4 Def / 176 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Power Trip
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

thats right, your eyes are not betraying you. this IS real. if you liked the stored power lati set from last week you wil adore this one. for those of you who arent familiar, POWER TRIP is the physical equivalent of stored power with the exception of being a dark type move instead of psychic. yes, that is indeed correct, a DARK type move and we all know that dark is the best offensive typing in the game by a long shot. no other coverage needed. just bulk up to your hearts content and see your opponent crumble under the pressure that this monster applies. what was that? 'fairies resist dark' you say?

+6 0 Atk Krookodile Power Trip (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 599-705 (152 - 178.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 0 Atk Krookodile Power Trip (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Togekiss: 475-559 (127 - 149.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 0 Atk Krookodile Power Trip (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Klefki: 487-573 (153.1 - 180.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

lol nice resists you got there. but wait... theres more you say? 'fighting types also resist dark'? lol

+5 0 Atk Krookodile Power Trip (220 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Cobalion: 378-444 (117 - 137.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

not even +6 needed! hmm? still not convinced? how about this then:

0 Atk Krookodile Power Trip (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 255-301 (64.7 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

das rite, not even stall can stop this bad boy. ez 2hko. and the best thing about it? it sets up in front of it:

0 SpA Quagsire Scald vs. 216 HP / 176+ SpD Krookodile: 120-144 (31.1 - 37.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

alright lets just move on to week 3 bc its obvious none of these z-move wannabe-sets can compete. its ok tho i respect your efforts.

see you next week!

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Dazzling Gleam
- Defog / Tailwind / Ancient Power

Scarf Togekiss beats pretty much every lead mon in UU via Serene Grace Air Slash flinches. It beats lead Azelf, Rocks Krook, and Utility Cobalion. It also catches many players off guard by out speeding, flinching, and 2HKO many Pokemon that normally beat Togekiss like Nidoking, Cobalion, Mega Pidgeot, and Offensive Starmie. It even gets Scizor players to click U-turn, expecting a switch, while Togekiss OKO's it with Flamethrower, bullet punch doesn't kill at full from band. Tailwind and Defog can be used in the last slot as nice support for your team if Togekiss doesn't do much or Ancient Power for some boosts because as we all know, 20% happens a lot more often than you think in Pokemon.

I'm sure we'll see a few more Flamethrower Togekiss sets for the sake of beating Scizor, and that's fine if you want to settle for the safe option. But if you actually want to beat more then just a walking can opener...

Kiss Of Death (Togekiss) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Heal Bell/Defog
- Roost
- Counter

This is a fairly standard support set with a nasty little surprise for physical attackers, taking full advantage of Toges massive bulk to bring down threats to the team using their own power against them. (Plus an extra point in speed just for creeping other mons that hit 220, because flinching)
Scizor bugging you? Mega-Swampert got you feeling under the weather? Stallbreaker Gliscor trying to leave you and your friends behind just because it can dance? Let Counterkiss solve your problems!

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 159+ Def Togekiss: 264-312 (70.5 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Swampert-Mega Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 159+ Def Togekiss in Rain: 195-231 (52.1 - 61.7%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 0 Atk Gliscor Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 159+ Def Togekiss: 311-367 (83.1 - 98.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 159+ Def Togekiss: 281-330 (75.1 - 88.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
240+ Atk Muk-Alola Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 159+ Def Togekiss: 200-236 (53.4 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Toge can eat a hit and destroy any of these in just a single turn, not sold on the idea yet? Well it doesn't stop there either because even the hardest hitting physical threats in the tier require a high roll to OHKO Toge from full and avoid it's bone breaking kiss of death.

252 Atk Adaptability Beedrill-Mega Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 159+ Def Togekiss: 316-376 (84.4 - 100.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 159+ Def Togekiss: 327-385 (87.4 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Cobalion Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 159+ Def Togekiss: 330-390 (88.2 - 104.2%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

s/o to Sparrow and his Counter Blissey set for the mental trauma inspiration that gave me the idea for this.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Togekiss @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Roost / Heal Bell

Z-Encore gives +1 speed, so this allows NP togekiss to get more setup opportunities vs non-stall teams with encore while also making it harder to force out thanks to the speed boost. You lose out on either heal Bell or roost, though.

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
lol y'all are crazy voting for that krook set

Togekiss @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Trick

Togekiss sports a respectable 120 base Special Attack stat, which makes Choice Specs an interesting choice on it, trading stallbreaking capacity for immediate power and coverage. Nevertheless, this set is still able to break down defensive cores by cheesing flinching its way past them or instead crippling a wall with Trick. Choice Specs makes Togekiss immediately threatening while being able to punish common checks like Xurkitree, M-Aerodactyl and M-Steelix for switching in directly on it.

+1 252 SpA Togekiss Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Xurkitree: 246-289 (80.1 - 94.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Togekiss Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Aerodactyl-Mega: 195-229 (64.7 - 76%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252 SpA Togekiss Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Raikou: 186-219 (57.9 - 68.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252 SpA Togekiss Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 268-316 (84.2 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 SpA Togekiss Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Steelix-Mega: 254-300 (71.7 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Togekiss @ Waterium Z
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Water Pulse
- Roost

Bit of a give-away with no lefties, but with Water coverage you nail things like MAero and Steelix that might otherwise really mess up your day, while still being generally good because lol 40% confuse chance, why not. OHKOs standard Mega-Lix at +2. Less of a stallbreaker, but I run it alongside VoltTurn (specifically Xurk+Scizor), and once Lix is out of the picture, you can usually break down stall pretty easily with those two.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.

Togekiss @ Fightium Z
EVs: 144 HP / 112 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost

You OHKO Bulky Scizor, Mega Steelix, Mega-Aero, most non-AV Metagross, and Empoleon after a boost and Z move (although Mega-Aero can KO you first). Blissey also takes a big chunk and you can KO with prior damage or try to flinch it down.

Weavile also dies without the Z move and Krookodile/Sharpedo Mega/ Mamoswine dies with the Z move without the boost, although you had a good match up with that anyways.

It's pretty much a better version of the Flamethrower set if you don't need the instant KO on Scizor and if you have a free Z-slot. Always possible to mix up the HP and SpA evs, right now the SpA is to OHKO Bulky Scizor with +2 All Out Pummeling after SR 100% of the time. I do recommend max speed for Mamoswine though.

Togekiss @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Atk / 40 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Focus Punch
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave / Defog / Heal Bell

Strangely enough, Togekiss has access to Focus Punch, which when boosted by Fightinium Z, becomes a 200 BP Fighting Move. Togekiss also has the ability Hustle which multiples physical attacks by 1.5x, at the expense of reducing the accuracy of physical moves to 80%. However, Z-Moves bypass all accuracy checks, so this becomes irrelevant anyway. What we end up with, is a monster that is capable of destroying many of its common checks and switch-ins (notably Blissey), while still functioning as a defensive wall. Alternatively, you can run a speedier set with Nasty Plot, to turn Togekiss into a Mixed Sweeper/Wallbreaker.

216 Atk Hustle Togekiss All-Out Pummeling (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 628-740 (87.9 - 103.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

216 Atk Hustle Togekiss All-Out Pummeling (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Empoleon: 384-452 (103.2 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
First Go at this! Hope I do well here!

Here's a Life Orb Bulk Toge Set I came up with that provides enough coverage to check typical Toge counters as well as provide the damage / performances expected by Toge.

The Set :

Togekiss @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower / Roost
- Air Slash
- Zen Headbutt
- Aura Sphere / Roost

I can see valid reason to swap Flamethrower or Aura Sphere with Roost, this depends entirely on what you feel like the rest of your team needs coverage for. I'm currently running No Roost and Wish / Passing, however I was prior running Roost > Aura Sphere and seeing solid results.

Here are some damage calcs to show the durability a Damage Potential of LO Bulk Toge.
VS Scizor
0 SpA Togekiss Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 360-428 (128.1 - 152.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Togekiss: 176-210 (47 - 56.1%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO
108+ Atk Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Togekiss: 108-128 (28.8 - 34.2%) -- 2.7% chance to 3HKO

Vs Steelix / Steelix M
0 Atk Steelix Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Togekiss: 186-218 (49.7 - 58.2%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Togekiss Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Steelix: 166-196 (46.8 - 55.3%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Steelix-Mega Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Togekiss: 254-302 (67.9 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Togekiss Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Steelix-Mega: 130-154 (36.7 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Togekiss Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 200 SpD Steelix-Mega: 116-138 (32.7 - 38.9%) -- 99.7% chance to 3HKO

Vs Cobalion252 Atk Cobalion Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Togekiss: 168-198 (44.9 - 52.9%) -- 24.6% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Togekiss Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Cobalion: 198-234 (61.3 - 72.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Vs Latias
0 SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 76-90 (25.2 - 29.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Soul Dew Latias Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Togekiss: 115-136 (30.7 - 36.3%) -- 58.2% chance to 3HKO

In my opinion, those Calcs show that LO Bulk Toge can stand up against some of UUs big hitters. I believe with a strong supporting team. Bulky Toge not only benefits from the damage boost from Life Orb and Access to Roost, BUT Serene Grace giving ever POWERFUL hit with a doubled chance of crippling status / hax.

Below I'll provide a Balance Offense team that I came up with pretty quickly around Life Orb / Bulk Toge.

Togekiss @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Zen Headbutt
- Aura Sphere

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Acrobatics
- Roost

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Taunt
- Roost
- Foul Play

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Claw
- Acrobatics

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

There it is, my first entry here. I'm sure it's a little rough since I haven't been involved with UU in quite some time, so go easy on me.

Thank you to everyone who read this far!

dingbat

snek
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'M AN IDIOT, VOTE PLS

Hogg Pif

I meant to vote Pif because I intended to vote for the z-Sphere set and I thought Hogg nom'd that but I'm lazy and didn't reread the noms .-.

SO I'M STILL AN IDIOT

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I think pifs set has the most practical applications, so I'll vote for that. I applaud the creativity of the Focus Punch set though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)