NFL Quarantine Thread: 2020-2021 Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not pissed the Packers lost but I'm pissed with the way they lost. The Bucs played like shit in the 2nd half and the Packers got 6 points off 3 INTs. Unexcusable.
Matt Le Fleur elected to kick a FG on 4th down with 2 minutes left down 8 instead of at least trying by going for the TD and 2 pt conversion. Unexcusable.
Aaron Rodgers had an open TD running lane but threw low to Adams who was double covered. Unexcusable.
Aaron Jones had 2 fumbles. Unexcusable.
Packers choked hard and made so many mistakes that it's maddening.
GG Tampa though. You just can't get rid of Brady even though Belicheck tried to

NFC Championship game was decided by the throw at the end of the half and Packers being unable to capitalize off terrible 2nd half Tom Brady.

Bucs were aggressive on 4th down and packers weren't.

Also people blaming mike Evans for that one pick must think he's like 7ft tall or something, it was a terrible throw by Tom.

The haters would like you to believe that Aaron Rodgers is Lamar Jackson

NFC Championship game was decided by the throw at the end of the half and Packers being unable to capitalize off terrible 2nd half Tom Brady.

Bucs were aggressive on 4th down and packers weren't.

Also people blaming mike Evans for that one pick must think he's like 7ft tall or something, it was a terrible throw by Tom.

The haters would like you to believe that Aaron Rodgers is Lamar Jackson
he coulda got that lol

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Same thing happened last week where brady overthrew a wide open godwin in the end zone and godwin made a freak play to catch the ball get his feet in bounds and he couldn't keep control after hitting the ground. Y'all genuinely just don't get how much receivers bail out bad throws especially when Mike Evans is in the words of Bomani Jones go-go gadget armsing on that play to even have a shot.

Just because a receiver CAN make a catch doesn't mean he has any business actually making a catch off of a bad throw.

Y'all genuinely just don't get how much receivers bail out bad throws especially when Mike Evans is in the words of Bomani Jones go-go gadget armsing on that play to even have a shot.
His tweet was actually where I saw that ppl were blaming Evans for that pick.

Dude got wide open for what was probably a game sealing catch and instead he's getting blamed for the pick on a terrible throw by Brady lmao.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Tom Brady is actually Satan

He took his magic defensive luck to the superbowl
Truer words have never been spoken.

Brady has played one elite half of football out of six these whole playoffs (first half this game) and has been average to awful the rest. But the luckiest son of a bitch in the sport keeps getting breaks his way.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Brady has played one elite half of football out of six these whole playoffs (first half this game) and has been average to awful the rest. But the luckiest son of a bitch in the sport keeps getting breaks his way.
I'd say that he was fantastic against WFT, average at best against the Saints and then both amazing and terrible against the Packers.

I think most of the blame goes to the Bruce Arians offensive scheme which seemingly only has 2 possible plays, which are 20+ yard pass or 2 yard run up the middle.

The Buccaneers are stubbornly committed to the run ESPECIALLY on first down which is why they are in 3rd and long so often.

This requires Brady to chuck it deep way too often, and the results are either really great or really ugly (this game was a perfect example).

Brady is still amazing and can still throw it deep with the best of them when protected, but relying on a 43 year old (with no mobility to extend the play) to throw perfect passes on 3rd and long 10 or so times a game is something that just isn't sustainable.

Tbh that chiefs game showed me just they're on a completely different playing field from the rest of the league. We've seen many conference championship blowouts but the bills are literally one of the teams best built to combat the chiefs so watching that entire game was stunning to me

TheValkyries

Wait how are the bills best built to combat the chiefs? They’re literally just a copycat worse version of the chiefs on offense and they don’t have enough pass rush to unsettle Mahomes on D.

Honestly getting real tired of the Chiefs being anointed as so much better than every other team when they routinely go down double digits every game they play and need to be bailed out by having two freak athletes and a freak qb being schemed by one of the greatest offensive minds footballs ever known. Replace one of Andy Reid, tyreek hill, or Kelce with the average and this team is a perennial divisional round loser akin to Green Bay. Replace Mahomes with the average and this team doesn’t break 500.

I think sports fans have been entirely spoiled in these last twenty or so years seeing Kobe+Shaq and then Lebron in the nba and with Brady in the NFL there’s almost like this silent innate assumption that “there’s just going to be a perennial dynasty in sports” and so everyone invests all their energy into being the first to anoint the next dynasty before it happens and every time in the NFL they are wrong. Damn even in the NBA the Warriors won three and then disappointed before collapsing when they were expected to win so many. Winning at the pro level is so fucking hard. It’s ludicrously difficult! I look at Pittsburgh at the start of Roethlisbergers career, Rodgers after his first super bowl, the Seahawks going back to back into their second super bowl, all these teams projected to be the next dynasty all of them failed. To just be like “ah well nevertheless this time the talent will outtrump everything else unlike all those other times where it didn’t” just makes no damn sense to me.

Luck O' the Irish

banned in dc
is a Tiering Contributor
Rodgers was never gonna make it to the end zone but I still think he shoulda ran for it. 4th and goal from the 2 instead of the 8 is a huge difference. I don’t think we ever attempt the fg in that situation

regardless I see a lotta folks talking ab how kicking the field goal ruined things for us there but realistically there were much worse things that happened for us- the td late first half was inexcusable and the Aaron jones fumble right after was also awful. The packers had been struggling in goal to goal situations the entire game and Tom Brady had looked wretched for the entire second half- I honestly understand the decision, even if I would have preferred we went for it. And ultimately, Tom Brady clearly overthrew the pass on third down. Sucks that Kevin king grabbed the jersey. This loss would probably sting a little more but I’ve experienced enough disappointing packers playoff losses over the years that I kind of expect it, and a win is a pleasant surprise. This attitude has done wonders for my short term mental health over the past two years

Wait how are the bills best built to combat the chiefs? They’re literally just a copycat worse version of the chiefs on offense and they don’t have enough pass rush to unsettle Mahomes on D.

Honestly getting real tired of the Chiefs being anointed as so much better than every other team when they routinely go down double digits every game they play and need to be bailed out by having two freak athletes and a freak qb being schemed by one of the greatest offensive minds footballs ever known. Replace one of Andy Reid, tyreek hill, or Kelce with the average and this team is a perennial divisional round loser akin to Green Bay. Replace Mahomes with the average and this team doesn’t break 500.

I think sports fans have been entirely spoiled in these last twenty or so years seeing Kobe+Shaq and then Lebron in the nba and with Brady in the NFL there’s almost like this silent innate assumption that “there’s just going to be a perennial dynasty in sports” and so everyone invests all their energy into being the first to anoint the next dynasty before it happens and every time in the NFL they are wrong. Damn even in the NBA the Warriors won three and then disappointed before collapsing when they were expected to win so many. Winning at the pro level is so fucking hard. It’s ludicrously difficult! I look at Pittsburgh at the start of Roethlisbergers career, Rodgers after his first super bowl, the Seahawks going back to back into their second super bowl, all these teams projected to be the next dynasty all of them failed. To just be like “ah well nevertheless this time the talent will outtrump everything else unlike all those other times where it didn’t” just makes no damn sense to me.
They are built just in the sense outside of the chiefs they're the most wellrounded team in the league. They still have a solid defense despite the absence of a pass rush and one of the better offenses in the league (definitely a better bills offense than the chiefs defense). IMO the chiefs are better than that "replace one of these" examples because literally any good team atm is going down the same road honestly and it's discrediting to what mahomes is doing atm imo. An average QB on that team would still thrive with andy reid coaching

I do think, in any case, the chiefs are looking at a dynasty. They have one of the best coaches and QB duos in football and honestly when it's all said and done it'll end up being one of the best combos just ever if they keep at this pace. I've never been one to just accept one team will rule the league, but the chiefs are staring right down the scope of that. The next few years will tell.

Matt Le Fleur elected to kick a FG on 4th down with 2 minutes left down 8 instead of at least trying by going for the TD and 2 pt conversion. Unexcusable.
This is the most insane one by far. I still can't at all believe the Packers kicked a field goal there. You're giving Brady back the ball where 1 first down wins it. It's honestly one of the worst decisions I've ever seen a coach make, can't imagine how pissed Rodgers was that he wasn't given a chance to tie the game.

This is a really stupid take. "If you took away their best players and amazing coach and replaced them with average players, well then their team would be a lot less good". It's like that reddit meme "if you regressed Mahomes stats to the league average, then Mahomes would just be an average QB".

Chiefs are way better than everyone in the AFC right now. The fact that they can routinely come back with pretty much no trouble at all and still blow out teams proves this.

TheValkyries

what would make you feel better about the point that the chiefs are a deeply flawed team?

Last year in the playoffs they were down 24-0 to a team that didn’t even make it to the dance this year, then went down 10-0 against the titans and then were losing by double digits again in the super bowl against the terrifying Jummy G led 49ers. This year they managed a clean win scoring a massive 22 points against the deeply mediocre defense of the Cleveland Browns and then went down 9-0 against a team that is quite literally a less talented version of them.

maybe a shit eating gibbon might look at that andsay “wow they’re so good look how much adversity they can overcome” instead of realizing the call is coming from inside the house. The team as a whole is very consistently worse than their opponents and they win in spite of this. To try and paint them as infallible juggernauts is a joke.

And for good measure I’m gonna double down and say yes that the chiefs absolutely NEED ALL 4 dudes who are unchallenged number one at what they do to be super bowl contenders. I didn’t say replace them all I said replace only one and they fall apart. Very few teams in the NFL don’t survive losing their number 4 piece for average. The chiefs would be one of the few if not only.

TheValkyries

To be clear it’s NOT Stafford for goff. It’s Stafford for Goff two firsts and a third....

Lord have mercy on whatever franchise wants Deshaun watson.

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Lord have mercy on whatever franchise wants Deshaun watson.
As much as it may seem that way, the 2 firsts and the third aren't the price of Stafford and no other team offered even close to that raw amount of picks, the inflated price is for the explicit reason of taking Goff's awful contract off their hands so no I don't think Watson's price changes with this or becomes exorbitantly ridiculous like it'd seem. It's been reported that other teams that offered the most for Stafford offered a first and some other minor compensation which was already expected, the Rams were just desperate to offload Goff by any means necessary and had to give up that much more to do so.

Deshaun is a Top 3 QB in the NFL behind only Mahomes and Rodgers so he's easily worth 4 first round picks.

At this point in the NFL if you don't have a top 5-7 Quarterback you have zero shot at winning a superbowl anyway.

Jared Goff is one of those puppet QBs that can only perform as well as his coach's playcalling (Jimmy G is another example). Can't do much with them type of guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)