Sports NFL Thread: 2021-2022 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE

It's tonight folks? Let's kick it off with some "if your team traded their first round pick, up or down, what would you want that trade to be/expect that trade to be"

I think the pats are probably going to trade up to the top ten and draft not a quarterback because that's as tasty as that can get.

Pats either trade for Jimmy G and I projectile vomit everywhere or they Trade up for Fields/Jones/Lance and I'll be happy with their first round draft pick for the first time in about 8 years

I'm pretty pleased, I think we got the best player in the entire draft (Kyle Pitts). The first round so far as a whole for most teams that have gone has been pretty solid.

Aawin

whole lotta vibes in the city
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
NUPL Champion
Etienne to the jags is kinda wack when they could've gotten oline help / defense of literally any kind, Leatherwood to Raiders at 17 is also kinda fucked when he's a 2nd rounder.

JOK sliding out of R1 is defo surprising, as is Barmore not going at 32 to the bucs

My lions snagging Sewell at 7 made me one happy camper

Last edited:
do you guys think the jets are gonna improve with zack wilson? feel like there were better options for them and darnold isnt a bad talent (imo at least)

Aawin

whole lotta vibes in the city
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
NUPL Champion
do you guys think the jets are gonna improve with zack wilson? feel like there were better options for them and darnold isnt a bad talent (imo at least)
not immediately ofc but they did a nice job at addressing the offense in the draft so it seems like they're committed to his skillset. Darnold isn't bad but he was left out to dry with Gase as HC

I think the funniest moment in the draft was during the 2nd pick when the Jets fan got out of the chair to take a selfie with Zach Wilson lol

Short answer: no
Long answer: no

Jets are a team that have wiffed in coach hirings, GM hirings, and QB selection for the past 20-30 years. Drafting Wilson at 2 when he's not really the most pro-ready prospect rings of Darnold's selection (a QB that was still a developmental prospect but was shoved into the starting role).

As much as I maintain that the Jets should have traded down in the draft, I think Zach Wilson isn't a bad pick. They'll definitely improve slowly, but then again, it will take a few years for them to be actual contenders. I think Saleh is a pretty good coach, so I'm curious to see what happens.
i mean i dont mind the qb selection or the coach or the gm, i wouldnt have minded fields either if they wanted to go with him, but the ownership is about as good at running a football team as i am (thats why they've never improved in 50+ years)

Bumping this to let everyone know that I'm starting to rev up my obnoxious Bradyposting engines in preparation for this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)