XY OU Nice n' Powerful Deosharp :D [Final Peak : 1685]

Does Deo-D deserve the suspect?

• Total voters
Introduction

So, We all know the Deos are being suspected^ atm, so i decided to make one last deosharp team.
You know just incase. (Theyre obviously getting banned imo)
It looks standard as hell but I didn't just slap them on.
They have purpose, and you'll see.
Thanks to Epique. and scotti for helping me with this :D
and uh..
Changes in Purple?

Team at a Glance

In Depth:

Deoxys-Defense @ Mental Herb

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Spd

Jolly Nature

- Stealth Rock

- Spikes / Thunder Wave

- Taunt

- Superpower

Hazard Stacking Suicide Lead

One of the - if not the best - Hazard Stackers in the game.

With it's 50/160/160 Defenses and great speed, it's not much of a surprise it's getting suspected.

It does it's job amazingly well usually guaranteeing Rocks and atleast one layer of Spikes for the next mon to abuse :D

To be more illustrative:

252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Deoxys-D: 212-252 (69.7 - 82.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Deoxys-D: 198-234 (65.1 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Stealth Rock because its a great hazard that NEEDS to be on the opposing side of the field to make the team´s job easier, Spikes is not always necesary (but very useful) and Taunt lets me shut down some opposing leads and pokémon that try to use Deoxys as a setup fodder.

Superpower with 56 EVs in attack guarantees an OHKO on most of Bisharp variants making it a lot easier to dismantle opposing Deosharp players.
WELL FRENS, WE HAD A GOOD RUN ;-; IT'S GONE TONIGHT, MAYBE NEXT GEN, GG SMOG COUNCIL, GG.

Kiryuuin (Bisharp) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spd
Jolly Nature

- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
Based Defog Pressuring mon.
The Knock Off buff made bisharp rise from being an UU pokémon to one of the most powerful and popular attackers of the OU tier.
This Power Ranger is a perfect check for Aegislash (as it is inmune to the attack drop of King´s Shield) thanks to its ability Defiant, which rises attack on two stages each time another of bisharp's stats is lowered.
This makes it the best answer for defogging mons that try to remove Deoxys layer of hazards, making a formidable pressure on the opponent limiting his switches and menacing it with a potential sweep.
Bisharp´s +2 Sucker punch is this powerful:
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 231-274 (55 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
This doesn't look impressive at a glance, but consider that:
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 178-211 (42.3 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery <-- THIS IS A 3HKO!
The EVs are standard and the moveset is very simple: Iron Head for those pesky pesky Fairies (Clef-_-), Sucker Punch for priority, Knock Off because well Knock Off and Pursuit for fleeing pokémon.
I am considering Black Glasses > Life Orb for no recoil.
Thanks to Subject 18 for the new spread, to outspeed speedier Wallbreaking Aegis and Sucker Punch/Knock Off for the win.

Aegislash-Blade (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
Spinblocking Demon.
"That feeling when you see that the Aegislash is Air Balloon D:" - Excadrill
This Master Sword - and its balloon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) - is really really great.
The team's one and only spinblocker, capable of transforming into a Deoxys Attack and Defense at will as well as 2HKOing nearly the whole metagame (barring resists) with Shadow Ball is a great bonus.
Flash Cannon because it hits clef at +1 than a neutral Iron Head especially with the Investment and Shadow Sneak cleans up with priority.
There isn't much to be said about Aegislash since it's quite common really, just the air balloon is for a better spinblocking (as the most common spinner is Excadrill and Aegis is threatened by its ground type attacks). Sometimes the item changes the way people play against Aegi and makes it even more threatening since most of the players depend on ground types to check it.

Yakuza (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Flying] / Hidden Power [Ice]
Sweep Stopper and Mixed Attaker
I know what you're thinking, "Superpower?! lol"
ju-just look :
76 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 369-437 (91.3 - 108.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
76 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 411-484 (96.9 - 114.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

(Yes I fought this and I lost because i didn't run enough Atk ;-;)
I just slapped it on because ttar kept forcing me out and I was glad I did the surprise Knock-Outs I get can be game changing against banded variants.
Other than that the EV Spread is pretty Standard for Mixed Attackers and 180 SpAtk still gets the job done as you can see.
180 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 359-426 (100.2 - 118.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
The other moves are also quite straightforward
Thunder Wave to stop sweeps and sometimes save the team from greninja spam ;-;,
Thunderbolt for STAB and used in conjuctunction with Hidden Power [Ice] for BoltBeam coverage :D
Thanks to daftmau5 for the great Nature problem :D
Thanks to Subject 18 for the HP Flying suggestion helps me deal with Venu better without Psychic and give it a Secondary Wallbreaking tool.

Bishamon (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 192 SAtk / 244 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Healing Wish

Suggested by hey yal
"It can beat ferro with hp fire obviously and get rid of your thundy/keldeo weakness."
Enough Speed to Outspeed Keldeo and Terrakion while giving it a Life Orb number for better survivability. Healing Wish is also great for this team, essentially giving Gyarados a second life.
It really is a great switch-in to many things and overall is a great addition to the team.

Gyarados-Mega (M) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 216 Spd / 252 Atk / 40 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
Mega Gyarados is the glue of this team. Mega dos wasn't added to the team, because it was a powerful sweeper, but because it has key resistances in its mega and non mega form. In its normal form gyarados resists 4 key types fire, water, fighting, and is immune to ground. Mega Gyarados also resists Ice in its mega form which is crucial to the success of this team, because it takes on certain types of pokemon which help pokes on my team such as Lando, Aegi, and bisharp. Gyarados is the glue of this team, and keeps the team together by taking on important threats.
Thanks to daftmau5 for the EVs :D
Importable:
http://pastebin.com/Bq8L4Lnf

*new* REPLAYS *new*
Close game versus Stall (Don't worry it isn't long)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-137266013
Good Game Versus a fren using Sand Offense
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-134540072

Last edited:
THREAT LIST
AV Azumarill - I can play around it but it's still a threat.
Mega Mawile - No Switch-ins. NOOOOO SWITCH-INS ;-;
at -1 it does 73% to regular gyara ;-;
Keldeo - BASED LATIAS WILL COME THROUGH.

Conkeldurr - BASED LATIAS (and GYARADOS) WILL COME THROUGH

Last edited:
Deoxys-D: On your Bisharp calculation you forgot to factor in an item:
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Deoxys-D: 291-346 (95.7 - 113.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
That being said it's largely irrelevant as you outspeed Bisharp and Sucker Punch doesn't OHKO.

Thundurus: I know you came across it once but Excadrill almost never runs 252 HP. 80% of the sets in the 1825+ OU stats are 4HP at most which are OHKO'd by 0 Atk Life Orb Superpower. Similarly with Tyranitar, I don't believe you'll encounter a max HP max def Impish variant often enough to justify the Atk EVs while 252 HP Ttar is also easily OHKOd by LO Superpower. But hey, if 76 Atk gives you that piece of mind, go nuts.

Also, chance Thundurus' nature to Naive. Bisharp's LO Sucker Punch can OHKO a max hp Thundurus with a -Def nature whereas it can't OHKO a max HP Naive Thundurus.
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 243-289 (81.2 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Thundurus: 270-320 (90.3 - 107%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Gyarados: 216 Spe lets you outrun Greninja at +1 which is a nice benchmark imo.

Overall pretty standard (DeoSharpSlash with Genies) as you've mentioned but it looks nice. Props for using Mega Gyara - it needs more love.

Last edited:
I'm a garbage rater but I'm coming here for the rate. I can immediately see that thundurus obviously threatens your entire team. With one boost from nasty plot or life orb, it can probably ohko your entire team . You can only bet on speed ties with your own thundy and you most likely will preserve your gyarados' health to clean up. I would like to recommend an hp fire latias to solve this problem. It can beat ferro with hp fire obviously and get rid of your thundy/keldeo weakness. replace it with landorus although you might not.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 244 Spd / 192 SAtk / 72 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Healing Wish

speed to outspeed keldeo and terrakion and 72 hp for greninja ice beam and rest for attack.

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
add bisharp to the treatlist btw.
HEEEYY

so yeah, all you have to handle MMawile, Bisharp, and conkeldurr, as well as a few other threats, is Gyarados. it would also have to mega evo, which it doesn't like to do until its ready to sweep. I'll give you a few nitpicks and see if i can offer you a solution to your problems without losing a check/counter to something else.

Just use spikes on deo-d, there is really no reason to have twave on it with thundurus waiting in the wings.

You are right about flash cannon, but you should think about running sacred sword on Aegi for much better coverage.

If you are going to run mixed thundurus, i would recommend running grass knot over hp ice for quag. its also generally better for mixed thundurus as it provides better coverage against switch ins not named landorus-t. and its better for the suprise factor, since nobody switches non-scarfed lando-t into thundurus. You should try it first, however.

So you have your problems now with hyper offense in general...so what checks all 3 of the aforementioned threats or just can plain beat them?
1. Bandnite
2. Azumarill (Cant beat bisharp, but having to bring in gyara isin't so bad if you can beat the other two. AND KELD)
3. Will-o-wisp / sash gengar can beat all 3 and not even be brought down to sash by the sucker punch mons. not standard but viable.
4. greninja (can't beat conkeldurr)
5. Sylveon
6. Terrakion (can't beat conkeldurr)
7. Hawlucha (lol srsly it actually can)
8. Mega heracross

welp theres your list. not very long mind you, and several have their flaws. 3 of the 8 can't beat all 3, while 1 more is just bad, another is non-standard, 1 more is a mega that would force you to sacrifice gyara. that leaves us with 2 mons left, sylveon and Band dragonite. Running dub genies and two physical sweepers, i would say that bandnite is the best fit for your team. it can live attacks from all 3 AND specs keld and ohko mawile and bisharp, and most of the time 2hko conkeldurr while living ice punch with about 40%. as long as you keep rocks off your side of the field though, which is a problem.

IDK, but i have never built a dub-genies team that isin't destroyed by bisharp/Mawile. i think they just don't synergize well, but w/e. there are flaws in the synergy of the pokes on this team that will require a complete makeover to play extremely well, although thats just my two cents. we'll see what happens, because i don't know, but there isin't too much you can do without changing more than one poke. Maybe you see something i don't.

Good luck, and i hope you do find the proper solution for your team. :)

~xJownage​

I'm a garbage rater but I'm coming here for the rate. I can immediately see that thundurus obviously threatens your entire team. With one boost from nasty plot or life orb, it can probably ohko your entire team . You can only bet on speed ties with your own thundy and you most likely will preserve your gyarados' health to clean up. I would like to recommend an hp fire latias to solve this problem. It can beat ferro with hp fire obviously and get rid of your thundy/keldeo weakness. replace it with landorus although you might not.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 244 Spd / 192 SAtk / 72 HP
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Healing Wish

speed to outspeed keldeo and terrakion and 72 hp for greninja ice beam and rest for attack.
I'm really loving latias puts me at ease and gives me a better switch-in to effin Rotom-W AND can also beat Keldeo while handling Conkeldurr, thanks a lot man!
Definitely adding it to the team. now. i need some good art :D
EDIT: ADDED LATIAS INTO THE OP
also...
69th post!

Last edited:
This team looks like a hell of a lot of fun. I've dabbled in both HO and Stall and they both have their merits but I found teambuilding in HO much harder. Good job!

At a glance though, if I were playing with this team I'd be petrified of strong ghost types such as Aegislash and Gengar. I suppose this is mitigated somewhat by Mega Gyarados, but before he evolves only Bisharp is even remotely happy to take shadow balls etc. Even then, OU's ghosts get great coverage on the whole and a stray Sacred Sword / Focus Blast etc on the switch is going to put you under a lot of pressure.

I'm not saying there's something wrong with your team though, just my initial thoughts and what would worry me...

I'm interested to hear how you play around spooky threats!

Good luck :p

This team looks like a hell of a lot of fun. I've dabbled in both HO and Stall and they both have their merits but I found teambuilding in HO much harder. Good job!

At a glance though, if I were playing with this team I'd be petrified of strong ghost types such as Aegislash and Gengar. I suppose this is mitigated somewhat by Mega Gyarados, but before he evolves only Bisharp is even remotely happy to take shadow balls etc. Even then, OU's ghosts get great coverage on the whole and a stray Sacred Sword / Focus Blast etc on the switch is going to put you under a lot of pressure.

I'm not saying there's something wrong with your team though, just my initial thoughts and what would worry me...

I'm interested to hear how you play around spooky threats!

Good luck :p
Yeah i fear these too but they rarely happen, i usually try to get a free switch into gyara get a free DD in mega form becuz shadow ball - and dont quote me but i don't think sacred sword ohkoes gyarados - then kill with eq after rocks/ a layer of spikes.

Hey there. Sorry for getting to this so late. Honestly there isn't much for to change here considering Latias >> Landorus was the main thing that held you back from what I remember. With you using Latias over Landorus, Aegislash is a bit more of any issue to you as it gains one more opportunity to switch in relatively safely. Added on to the rise in fast LO Aegislash, it becames a bit more problematic to your team considering it does beat Adamant Bisharp 1v1. For that reason, I would recommend using Jolly Bisharp with a spread of 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spd. This spread still gives you enough power to to beat the Latis and deal with the faster Aegislashes. The spread is enough to outpace Adamant Diggersby so you can hit it with Sucker Punch or Knock Off before taking an Earthquake and the extra EVs are thrown into HP for some added bulk. I probably wouldn't change Life Orb for Black Glasses with this change since you do want the power since you aren't Adamant.

Outside of that there isn't much else I can do to improve the team. You have ways to deal with everything relevant. However, Offensive Mega Venusaur does give you issues despite adding in Latias because you don't have roost. And since Latias is relatively easy to wear down, you will have to play against very carefully. You could use Hidden Power Flying over Hidden Power Ice on Thundurus to deal with it. But doing that will make you weaker to SpDef Gliscor, so that change is up to you.

Other than what I mentioned above, you should be set. Solid team, good work!

Hey there. Sorry for getting to this so late. Honestly there isn't much for to change here considering Latias >> Landorus was the main thing that held you back from what I remember. With you using Latias over Landorus, Aegislash is a bit more of any issue to you as it gains one more opportunity to switch in relatively safely. Added on to the rise in fast LO Aegislash, it becames a bit more problematic to your team considering it does beat Adamant Bisharp 1v1. For that reason, I would recommend using Jolly Bisharp with a spread of 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spd. This spread still gives you enough power to to beat the Latis and deal with the faster Aegislashes. The spread is enough to outpace Adamant Diggersby so you can hit it with Sucker Punch or Knock Off before taking an Earthquake and the extra EVs are thrown into HP for some added bulk. I probably wouldn't change Life Orb for Black Glasses with this change since you do want the power since you aren't Adamant.

Outside of that there isn't much else I can do to improve the team. You have ways to deal with everything relevant. However, Offensive Mega Venusaur does give you issues despite adding in Latias because you don't have roost. And since Latias is relatively easy to wear down, you will have to play against very carefully. You could use Hidden Power Flying over Hidden Power Ice on Thundurus to deal with it. But doing that will make you weaker to SpDef Gliscor, so that change is up to you.

Other than what I mentioned above, you should be set. Solid team, good work!
Thanks these are really good points, i'm testing out the bisharp atm and am going with HP Flying as Gliscor can't take a +1 ice fang from gyara. thanks for the suggestions :D

eyy you asked for a rate so here i am ; i've been playtesting the team a bit and HO is different for me but i see how the team comes together and at first glance, it looks pretty solid. the problem with standard is that competent teams already have an answer for your 'mons (lead deoxys, defiant bisharp) inherent in their teambuilding, but if you can play smart and smash through it i guess it's alright!

i noticed rain offense can be a tough match-up, since it puts a lot of pressure on bisharp & especially thundurus to choose their kills wisely. if a team has multiple threats like kabutops / kingdra / m-gyarados you have to play around extremely carefully. m-gyarados in particular is a threat. it can set up on aegislash, bisharp, even latias to an extent. at +1 it sweeps, though you get to trade thundurus for a t-wave vs. ice fang/waterfall. how do you deal with m-gyarados? do you just hold on to thundurus at all costs?

i also want to know how often you're able to pull off a successful healing wish, in case there's room there for a change or if you're finding that move indispensable.

Last edited:
eyy you asked for a rate so here i am ; i've been playtesting the team a bit and HO is different for me but i see how the team comes together and at first glance, it looks pretty solid. the problem with standard is that competent teams already have an answer for your 'mons (lead deoxys, defiant bisharp) inherent in their teambuilding, but if you can play smart and smash through it i guess it's alright!

i noticed rain offense can be a tough match-up, since it puts a lot of pressure on bisharp & especially thundurus to choose their kills wisely. if a team has multiple threats like kabutops / kingdra / m-gyarados you have to play around extremely carefully. m-gyarados in particular is a threat. it can set up on aegislash, bisharp, even latias to an extent. at +1 it sweeps, though you get to trade thundurus for a t-wave vs. ice fang/waterfall. how do you deal with m-gyarados? do you just hold on to thundurus at all costs?

i also want to know how often you're able to pull off a successful healing wish, in case there's room there for a change or if you're finding that move indispensable.
Umm Thanks :D,uh Rain in general is pretty hard to fight i usually use save latias and my mega gyarados then pray.
How i deal with m-gyarados? How I feel about and what i really like about playing HO is that it pressures the opponent and rarely do people get the chance to set up but yes if such a thing does happen we save thundy and click T-wave.

I almost always get to use Healing Wish due to how bulky Latias really is.
I'm sweeping with gyara,
I realize it has like 4 percent left so I save it to wreck later although I usually just switch into it as Latias does have good synergy with Mega dos..
Thanks for the rate :D

xJownage

zard X and mega gyara dont care for healing wish support imo. they just set up and sweep when they can. you usually wont get to a low health and then switch out, ive used latias on enough mega gyara / zardx / ttar teams to know this.
the poke on your team that does care for healing wish support is aegislash, it has no recovery atm (which sucks but you want balloon) and if your aegislash was able to have recovery it would be great, so this is the poke that should be getting healing wishes passed to

just remember, aegi is your wallbreaker, he should be getting healing wish support. gyara is a cleaner, not somebody that can rip the other team right open...and should be played as such. passing wishes to a cleaner? thats like passing wishes to a talonflame. why do i say that? talon often preforms the same role...cleaner.

xJownage

those will usually be defiant variants however, and while they are moderately threatening, its very rare and not a huge deal to have a weakness to.

Blasphemy!! Deosharp is love, Deosharp is life.

Seriously tho, how do they beat it exactly?
Well, to me atleast I play better when i know the team formula so if it's a bunch of pokemon i'm unfamiliar with or playing different rolls i predict wrongly or play differently and that usually ends up costing me the match.
for example,
Turn 1 the opponent led of with rotom and me being familiar with trick i went for spikes instead of taunt and he burnt me.
Turn 2 He volt-switches into this bisharp.
Turn 3 His Bisharp SD's and because of the burn I do abou 76% to him (because i crit)
Turn 4-onwards my team gets ripped.
That crit saved me if not it even worsened the loss tbh, I wouldve been unable to beat him with my Bisharp.
Then again i'm not the best player but things like that cost me games.
also HP Electric Keldeo ;-; .cri

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)