Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how shitty the DS lite was physically (i personally LOVE my ds lite but the l/r buttons not working and the hinge just broke... :/) I'd say just buy the original 3DS instead of some overpriced clone that ends up breaking in a week or so.
sturdiness of a prior 'overpriced clone' doesnt dictate sturdiness of a potential 3ds upgrade

gba sp was a damned good system

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
my lite didn't feel flimsy!

i did however drop an enormous mirror on it corner first and break the top screen, soooooo

I don't think your personal experience with a DS Lite should be the reason why you think a system isn't sturdy. I owned two gamecubes that broke back to back yet people stand by it as being unbreakable.

I'm thinking about buying a 3DS, not sure though. I played my DS lite for about a year, and that was in 2008, i haven't played it in 3 years. I'm scared it might be the same with the 3DS.

So was I the only one who bought the gamecube edition of orcania of time to play on the wii. Maybe now I'll by a 3DS. Still the gamecube edition of OoT cost me £5. :)

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i got it free with windwaker!

also i ordered my 3ds yesterday, picking it up wednesday

there will be three different copies of OoT in my house excluding master quest

oh my

The Gamecube version of OoT was a double game with Wind Waker yes? I heard it costs a bit more than the original Wind Waker on its own. I also never realised Twilight Princess came out on the Gamecube either.

az

toddmoding
twilight princess on the gamecube is like the original -- link has always been left-handed (aside from in lazy mirrored sprites) except in the wii one which they mirrored so that players could use the wiimote in their right hands THIS IS ALL TRUE!!!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
the mirroring was so gay man, i got stuck in the water temple and when i asked a friend (that loves zelda) that beat it in the gamecube to beat it for me he couldnt because everything was switched :(

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm afraid that an updated release of the 3DS will just further add to the confusion. The 3DS just needs some good games on it that aren't updated ports.

That said I'm worried about the NES games that are supposedly being released on the 1st, as far as I can tell the other 5 haven't been said yet. I can't imagine it would be that hard to port them all over.

The only upcoming game I see myself purchasing is Kirby Mass Attack. I'm afraid I'll be let down by Star Fox 64 3D which I always felt was best to play in one giant sitting, and the whole arcade game feel of it.

I like how I bought a 250 dollar system right from the get go, and then they jack down the price of he 250 dollar system a few months later.
I logged onto the Shop as well and I haven't gotten a notification saying I am an ambassador.

i was ripped off i demand a refund

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like how I bought a 250 dollar system right from the get go, and then they jack down the price of he 250 dollar system a few months later.
I logged onto the Shop as well and I haven't gotten a notification saying I am an ambassador.

i was ripped off i demand a refund
The weird thing is that they don't confirm which is slightly annoying and all, surely you signed on the shop and updated your system before this all right?

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/3dsambassador.jsp

Use that to check, if it doesn't work see if you can call Nintendo. A friend of mine did and apparently they fixed his 3DS status

I'd also suggest trying your ID without the last number on your 3DS as it didn't work for me until I excluded it. Try both just to make sure.

I don't think your personal experience with a DS Lite should be the reason why you think a system isn't sturdy. I owned two gamecubes that broke back to back yet people stand by it as being unbreakable.
It's common knowledge the DS Lite's hinges often wear down and break (anecdotal: got one with only one working hinge right now), but I have not heard of this problem with the DSi/XL. In general, Nintendo systems are quite sturdy (there's a reason it's claimed they're made of Nintendium!) and I'm sure they've improved the hinge in their more recent systems.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
So the full list of Famicon downloads will be....

-Super Mario Bros.
-Donkey Kong Jr.
-Balloon Fight
-Ice Climber
-The Legend of Zelda
-Wrecking Crew
-Mario Open Golf
-Yoshi's Egg
-Metroid
-Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.

Compared to my wish list

NES
-Clu Clu Land (hopefully the Deluxe version, although difference is minimal)
-Wario's Woods (oh please yes)
-Punch-Out!!
-Star Tropics
-Kid Icarus
Boy was I off. Yoshi Egg I believe was a puzzle game, and Metroid was a pleasant surprise. I still wish they didn't double up on certain franchises.

But this is the games for the Japanese 3DS, we may get a surprise and get some others instead.

EDIT: They are the same, rejoice.

Wow, that's awesome. Never heard of like three of them, but I'm sure they'll be fun! I don't mind the double up on a series like Metroid, though. Can't wait to download.

I'd also like to say that my DS Lite was a sturdy guy until it got dropped on it's hinge area like everyone else. After that, it still worked for like a month when I used a bit of tape and paper. Screen started to go bad after that, but overall that thing was great minus shoulder buttons and hinge.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
awwwww yiss metroid

but im with layell; sad there is no kid icarus, one of my favorite nes games
also sad we dont get smb3

(also lites are cool but im still rocking my phat from release!!)

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Zelda II shouldn't be on the list really, I have it on VC and you have to know what you're getting into with that game. I'm sure Nintendo could have pulled some other type of RPG game instead of it, GBA or NES.

Metroid should be just fun, but Fusion will already be on the game list, so I don't like the doubling.

I looked up Yoshi Egg, I had the NES cartridge but it barely works. Anyways monsters fall and mario moves four plates at the bottom of the screen to try and get three together so they disapear. The yoshi shells when combined can help clear away. The only reason I can think of that this isn't Dr.Mario is because it will get a remake soon in some fashion like on the Wii.

I still cannot figure out Mario golf because there is apparently a much better 3DS ware downlaod golf game, which probably uses the stylus. A bit redundant, I never liked any of the NES sports games really.

Yeah I'll agree with the expert NESgamer, Wrecking Crew is there because nothing else would have been any good right?

Also when will the title of this thread get back to normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)