Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
so uh mario kart wii really spoiled me with bikes. i dont know if i can ever have fun in another mario kart game ever again

im just going down the road wishing i could pop a wheelie so bad

Okay, just posting to confirm N. America has the games now. First thing I checked when I woke up this morning and it was a pleasant surprise. Currently going through all the downloads!

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
The Kirby game included in these downloads comes highly recommended from me, even if it is easy (like pretty much all Kirby games).

I played MK7 online last night and this morning I noticed that my plaza population increased by 13, so it seems all of those new Miis ARE from MK7. Pretty cool since it means all I have to do to fill my plaza up is play lots of MK7 online. Fine by me! The only problem is that they can't be used in the quest or puzzle sidegames...

Man, I was going to use these holidays to remove this backlog of games I now have, but now my 3DS won't apparently charge.

I think I'm going to order mine in the soon coming spring break along with (probably) Mario 3D land and Mario Kart, maybe Legend of Zelda too.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I loved SM64, Sunshine, Mario Galaxy 1, Mario Galaxy 2. The only reason I haven't bought Mario 3D is because all the reviews I read said that most levels only take like 2-5 minutes to get through. That doesn't sound very fun to me. Super Mario Land 2 had short levels that were fun, but not having played 3D I'm just wary of it.

Does anybody have any experience with 3D? Is it actually worth the purchase?

jrp

Banned deucer.
Anyone else having any problems with a couple of the games having the screen split weirdly and part of the top is on the bottom of the screen? I'm getting that with fire emblem, zelda, kirby and mario vs dk >.>

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Is there a MK7 Smogon Community?
Yes, but it's very inactive and I've never seen a single person on it! Of course, the more people join it, the more active it could potentially become so the lack of activity might end eventually.

If you're interested, the code is 03-8869-4572-5935.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I loved SM64, Sunshine, Mario Galaxy 1, Mario Galaxy 2. The only reason I haven't bought Mario 3D is because all the reviews I read said that most levels only take like 2-5 minutes to get through. That doesn't sound very fun to me. Super Mario Land 2 had short levels that were fun, but not having played 3D I'm just wary of it.

very fun game. most of the levels are pretty short but there are a fuck-ton of them. easily worth the purchase, its like the love child of galaxy and smb3, and thats really the only way to describe it

the 3d works really well and looks fantastic if you like that sort of thing (i personally play with the slider off)

Yeah, the levels are shorter because it goes off of a more linear style. There isn't as much room to explore like there is in 64 or Galaxy, but the short, varying level designs work way better as they do like in Mario 3 or Super Mario World as long levels would definitely feel like they are dragging on.

It's a top top quality game. If you managed to enjoy sunshine (something I never managed) then you'll enjoy 3D land a lot.

So wait, when does Kid Icarus: Uprising and Dillon's Rolling Western come out? I was watching the previews and really excited for them.

Also, just in case they already have been released, how difficult are the controls for Kid Icarus. I can't seem to think of a way to move, aim, and shoot at once on a 3DS the way the crosshairs are set up.

Why have there been practically no mention of SFIV and Oot3D since like page 3? Besides them both being remakes, they're very good games (especially Oot) that I'd recommend to any 3DS owner.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Did you just not every play a Mario game in 2D before? The levels are fairly quick but they each have 3 coins to find. And
once you "finish" the game, they give you 8 more worlds making for a total of 16 worlds with 7 or so levels each making for basically
at least a 7 hour game + unlockables if you think of each level as an average of 3 - 4 mins. More than worth the asking price.

Mario 3D Land is like a 2D Mario game in 3D.

breh

強いだね
it won't take you 7 hours unless you don't die, lol.

it's a great game. the first two worlds are bad but it's very, very uphill from there.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Did you just not ever play a Mario game in 2D before?
You know, I actually have, but I wasn't quite sure whether to compare Mario 3D to Mario 64 or Mario World. I loved Mario World and recently Mario Land 2 on my 3DS. They had short levels but they were seriously fun. I still go back and re-run through levels on ML2 and they're just as fun.) It was just the thought of Mario 64 with simple 2 minute levels that kind of turned me off. One of the things that I think made Mario 64 so unique was the huge amount of exploration you could do in each level. But obviously the 2D Marios have had their own uniquely fun gameplay.

I'll definitely give this one a try. I appreciate all the advice!

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
:D girlfriend got me the limited edition 25th anniversary Zelda 3DS for Christmas(best GF in the world I know) and so now I wanna maybe get a few more games for Xmas.

I've got OT and I'm thinking Mario 3DS and Mario Kart look awesome but are there any others that come highly recommended?

Thanks guys :)

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You know, I actually have, but I wasn't quite sure whether to compare Mario 3D to Mario 64 or Mario World. I loved Mario World and recently Mario Land 2 on my 3DS. They had short levels but they were seriously fun. I still go back and re-run through levels on ML2 and they're just as fun.) It was just the thought of Mario 64 with simple 2 minute levels that kind of turned me off. One of the things that I think made Mario 64 so unique was the huge amount of exploration you could do in each level. But obviously the 2D Marios have had their own uniquely fun gameplay.

I'll definitely give this one a try. I appreciate all the advice!
Yeah if you enjoy 2D Mario (especially Mario 3) it has a similar feel, but with a mix of Mario 64 thrown in. It's more about platforming than exploration.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Guys the GBA games are out for ambassadors! I'm downloading them now, here's a list:

F-Zero Maximum Velocity
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Wario Land 4
Mario Advance 3
Metroid Fusion
WarioWare Inc Minigame Mania
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
The Legend of Zelda: the Minish Cap

Have fun!!

Anyone want to arrange a time to Mario Kart in the community?

03-8869-4572-5935. is the Smogon Community number i am told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)