np: BW Ubers Suspect Round 4 - When You Sleep

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Time to get crazy.

We're testing SLEEP CLAUSE.

The way this will work is as follows. After 2 weeks of laddering, the Ubers Council will convene to decide whether the metagame is stable enough to move to a large-scale measure. The only reason this would not be done is if the metagame is so uncompetitive that it does not function at all. At this time, they can also vote to amend the clauses in certain ways as a further option in the vote. After this meeting, we will look at the ladder and use a set of requirements to determine who can vote. We're taking a page from OU's book and setting the requirements at a Glicko2 rating of 2000 and a Glicko2 deviation of 55 or lower on the Ubers SUSPECT ladder. Note that this time there will be an Ubers Suspect Ladder, which will replace the normal Ubers Ladder. Also be aware that, if we are not satisfied with the amount of people who qualify with the above ratings, we may lower it; do NOT rely on this, however.

Here's a timeline:

• Wednesday, May 15: Ubers Suspect Ladder goes up with Sleep Clause removed, replacing the normal Ubers Ladder.
  • Wednesday, May 29, 11:59 PM: Round finishes. A screenshot will be taken of the ladder and a thread will be posted to identify yourselves.
  • Friday, May 31, 11:59PM: Special applications are due and we will start voting.
  • Sometime after the round ends but before we begin voting, we will have a council meeting on #uberscouncil on SynIRC. The date and time will be announced further down the road when the council members' schedules allow.

I, for one, welcome our new Darkrai overlords.

[youtube]l9-NOIalUYU[/youtube]

Things like Primeape might become viable here because of Vital Spirit. In any case, I'm absolutely certain Sleep Clause will remain in effect at the end of this test. Sleep is just so broken, especially post-BW.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
my song was so much better

please consider this thread

np: BW Ubers Suspect Round 4 - Wake Me Up (When It's All Over)

[youtube]w4bKzaGLK7c[/youtube]

i mean if we wanted to keep with the hipster theme i woulda picked wake up by arcade fire. i feel like i'll be saying that a lot over the next few weeks.

Kennen

dont you worry child
Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

Enjoy your best genesect's set.

I suppose "Go To Sleep" by Eminem and DMX is way too hardcore to be in the title for the suspect test?

I think I'll have to wait til people catch on that sleep is super OP before I can start trolling them for using it. Regardless, this will be a lolsy ladder adventure.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
please consider my submission which is infinitely better than furai's :toast:

np: BW Ubers Suspect Round 4 - Go To Sleep

[youtube]NskX9xoN1IE[/youtube]

edit: fk i didnt notice g-von ninja me

Interesting. I think I should start using Thundurus-I as a lead again. Priorty Taunt and Substitute are a good way to beat scarfrai's Dark Void. I'm wondering how many Pokemon will start holding a Lum/Chesto berry.

Regardless, I'm pretty confident that this will remain banned. Still, time to bust my butt to get those requirements. There's definitely going to be a lot of sleeping Pokemon.

Substitute Darkrai has been gross so far. Neither of my main teams can handle Subrai that gets to sleep as many pokemon as it wants. I switched to a (crappy) Counter-Darkrai team with 3 Lum Berry users and multiple things that revenge kill Darkrai and have ripped off 10 straight wins. So far, Sleep Clause definitely creates an unbalanced metagame but I will continue laddering to make a fairer judgment on the matter.

Sleep Talk Kyogre is nice for most Darkrai, but if it gets unlucky Sleep Talk rolls then Substitute Darkrai can get by that.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
The ladder is not ready for Darkrai at the moment. It's pretty much single-handedly owning teams left and right. Darkrai is simply a must-have for this meta. The biggest thing that makes me queasy is Dark Void's 80% accuracy, which has turned a couple of games so far into a Darkrai vs. Darkrai luckfest. Lum Berry exists, but unfortunately doesn't really cut it a lot of the time. Most of the time my Darkrai will be behind a sub when it takes something out, and Lum Berry is only good once. Darkrai is wicked fast, so if you run Lum Berry, you aren't running Choice Scarf. Sleep Talk is the best answer to sleep by far. Not much else can do anything to actually kill Darkrai, only to force it to use Dark Pulse instead of Dark Void. I'll wait for the metagame to adjust before making a final judgement, but as of now, Darkrai is simply dominating.

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
This promises to be a more troll round than even Moody testing >:)

I have some troll ideas to put into play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)