Metagame np: SS DOU stage 0: Begin Again | Beat Up banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that Dynamax needs to be banned in Gen 8, personally I feel it is okay but I do see where people might want a separate ladder without it and I think that would be great. Also as much as I would love a National Dex Doubles bringing back older Pokemon that have a higher power I dont think will be able to fix the problems with Dynamax instead it makes the issues worse, If ultra beasts come back we dont know if Game Freak would allow them to Dynamax, however strong Pokemon that are brought back are just going to benefit even more from Dynamax which increases the power level of Pokemon that were already common in past doubles formats and make it even higher where a weaker pool of Pokemon at least can keep things a little more manageable If Beat Up+Terrakion is significantly better because of Dynamax then imagine the impact of a good pokemon like Lando-T gaining extra bulk from Max Quakes or Kartana using Max Airstream to gain speed get a OHKO and then getting +1 Atk from Beast Boost.
We can premptively ban ultra beasts from dynamaxing though, as you said we don't know yet how game freak will treat them.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Quick post from my phone to get things back on track

Speaking for the council here: Making some kind of NatDex DOU ladder is not really on our radar atm. Our big focus is making our current actual meta as playable as possible. Making one with mega stones and Z moves will absolutely never happen.

Nerfing or even outright banning dynamax is on our suspect radar, so please stop assuming it isn't :). This isn't the only possibility we are discussing, but it is one.

Speaking for me here: I would love to get the SM DOU ladder back but I think it would be a hard sell to the guys who run Pokemon Showdown. Presumably if you ask they will say "DOU is no more important than lower tiers and we are not adding back 7 inactive ladders (UU through PU, LC, Ubers, DOU)." If you want to keep fighting this fight, somewhere in the Pokemon Showdown forum is the place to do it, though I'm honestly not sure whether it belongs in Suggestions or Other Admin Requests.

Quick post from my phone to get things back on track

Speaking for the council here: Making some kind of NatDex DOU ladder is not really on our radar atm. Our big focus is making our current actual meta as playable as possible. Making one with mega stones and Z moves will absolutely never happen.

Nerfing or even outright banning dynamax is on our suspect radar, so please stop assuming it isn't :). This isn't the only possibility we are discussing, but it is one.

Speaking for me here: I would love to get the SM DOU ladder back but I think it would be a hard sell to the guys who run Pokemon Showdown. Presumably if you ask they will say "DOU is no more important than lower tiers and we are not adding back 7 inactive ladders (UU through PU, LC, Ubers, DOU)." If you want to keep fighting this fight, somewhere in the Pokemon Showdown forum is the place to do it, though I'm honestly not sure whether it belongs in Suggestions or Other Admin Requests.
If Dynamax is banned, will this include unbanning some of the things that got banned due to Dynamax?
Like Beat-Up was suspected because Terrakion would take almost no damage with Dynamax up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)