np: UU Stage 2.1 - You Are Invited

Status
Not open for further replies.
st123 Growth Bell too stronk. But seriously, sun is definitely viable in this meta. I tried last week to make a team (sleep powder and mixed bell instead) and it came out okay. I think you hit the nail on the head with that team. Good replays!

Only minor, but Leaf Blade + Sucker Punch is an illegal combo that I noticed in this replay (still has Seed Bomb for physical Grass STAB if you use Sucker). Leaf Blade is only learnt in ORAS as a Nuzleaf, while Sucker Punch is only learnt as Shiftry back in Gen IV.

IDK where to bring this up tho so hopefully someone ~important~ sees this and fixes it.

That being said, it doesn't detract from the great replays!

Only minor, but Leaf Blade + Sucker Punch is an illegal combo that I noticed in this replay (still has Seed Bomb for physical Grass STAB if you use Sucker). Leaf Blade is only learnt in ORAS as a Nuzleaf, while Sucker Punch is only learnt as Shiftry back in Gen IV.

IDK where to bring this up tho so hopefully someone ~important~ sees this and fixes it.

That being said, it doesn't detract from the great replays!
Sucker Punch is a Tutor Move in ORAS as well.

Edit:
I got it wrong. I guess it was somewhere in my mind because of Huntail being legal with Sucker Punch + Shell Smash now that it could only be the case thanks to a tutor.

Last edited:
TIER SHIFT, BITCHES

Basically, UU got Mandibuzz, Gallade, Mamoswine, and lost Alakazam, Hippowdon.

What do you guys think? I'm looking forward to keeping Mega Gallade and Mamoswine on the tier, but i'm afraid they'll be broken :[. Also, rip zam, and now stoutland needs hippopotas i guess.

Gallade will make a small impact. Probably ganna be somewhere around b or b plus. Mandibuzz is a monster wall wouldnt be surprised if a plus. Mamo is new to me. Will be very effective in a meta weak to ice and ground.

Mega Gallade was broken before and still is broken, regular gallade will drop right down to RU imo, I don't see a whole lot of reason to use it over the other plethora of fighting types that we have.

Mandibuzz is insane but probably will still stay here, just as a top tier defensive mon and staple to balance. It walls a huge portion of the tier and can spread poison and cripple the opposing team with Knock Off, as well as defog away hazards. It's surprisingly versatile for something that can wall so much of the tier, probably will see very high usage on balance/stall for its versatility as a defogger.

Mamoswine is gross and will probably be banned, there really isn't a lot that can switch in, being restricted to bronzong, suicune (although it's 3hkod by LO EQ), very defensive versions of Vaporeon (although I wouldn't use Vaporeon anyway, lol), max defense Megastoise, Cress, Reuni (albeit barely not 2hkod), Forretress, Mega Aggron (although it can't even 2HKO with Heavy Slam), physdef p2, Rotom-H, physdef Umbreon (haha), Granbull, Cofagrigus, physdef Ferroseed (lol), weezing? I can't really think of anything else that can reliably switch into Mamoswine, and that was the result of me going down the entirety of the current viability rankings and picking out things that aren't 2hko'd. I'm sure there are things that can switch in on a move and then proceed to outspeed and OHKO (Jolly BandCross comes to mind, among others) but the fact that Mamoswine also tears apart offense with priority Ice Shard and the fact that most of offense can't switchin anyway leads me to believe it will be banned. I'll have fun with it while it's here though, lol.

I never really used regular zam too much here, apart from some fun with encore zam, which is p fun. hippo means sand is gone, so rip stoutland, but from my experience hippos usage on standard balance teams like it used to get was steadily decreasing nowadays anyway.

thankfully we lost 4 of the 5 shitmons that are still in the bottom of the tier. now to get rid of trevenant n_n

You mean the chances of me being swept by Stoutland have hit near 0? Sold.

Galladite was banned, Gallade was not. We'll get Gallade (whose use in a tier with Infernape, Heracross, and Mienshao is suspect).

WAIT. Sash Zam is gone. PRAISE THE FUCKING SUN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)