np: UU Suspect Test Round 1 - Sunny Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Instead of complaining about Chansey not getting banned, why don't you all just come up with creative ways of beating it? You might find that it's not so hard to deal with after all. Especially with Drought and Kyurem gone, that's a lot more free space you'll have on your team in the coming month or so of the metagame. Use Knock Off, Taunt, Wobbuffet, Dugtrio, Toxic Spikes, mixed attackers, mono-fighting, physical sets on pokemon that are usually special (like the Swords Dance Celebi I used in the first round of testing), etc etc. There are tons of ways to get around Chansey and now that the two biggest offensive threats are gone I think Chansey won't be much more of an issue.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Instead of complaining about Chansey not getting banned, why don't you all just come up with creative ways of beating it? You might find that it's not so hard to deal with after all. Especially with Drought and Kyurem gone, that's a lot more free space you'll have on your team in the coming month or so of the metagame.
So today, I failed to ohko a Chansey with a +2 Kabutops in the rain. Is that creative enough for you or should I start putting Superpower on Kabutops just so a fucking Chansey can't wall and paralyze the most dangerous physical rain threat on my team?

I'm not planning on complaining about Chansey anymore though, the arguments are pretty much already out there. Since I can't actually prove that Chansey is broken by using it, I'll just go sit near the top of the ladder and vote it out next time, and hope other like-minded people do the same.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So today, I failed to ohko a Chansey with a +2 Kabutops in the rain. Is that creative enough for you or should I start putting Superpower on Kabutops just so a fucking Chansey can't wall and paralyze the most dangerous physical rain threat on my team?
If that's really your only way of beating Chansey then you deserve to lose to it, I don't understand why you're complaining about adjusting to the dominant pokemon in a metagame. If other people are using Chansey and that's your only way of KOing it, then yes, you should start putting Superpower on your Kabutops. It's not like that move is only for Chansey, it also prevents Empoleon from walling you. There is a huge list of ways to get past Chansey that wouldn't even be hard to add onto a rain team.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Instead of complaining about Chansey not getting banned, why don't you all just come up with creative ways of beating it? You might find that it's not so hard to deal with after all. Especially with Drought and Kyurem gone, that's a lot more free space you'll have on your team in the coming month or so of the metagame. Use Knock Off, Taunt, Wobbuffet, Dugtrio, Toxic Spikes, mixed attackers, mono-fighting, physical sets on pokemon that are usually special (like the Swords Dance Celebi I used in the first round of testing), etc etc. There are tons of ways to get around Chansey and now that the two biggest offensive threats are gone I think Chansey won't be much more of an issue.
There are creative ways to beat every major threat. That doesn't mean that threat isn't broken. If people find something hard to deal with, they find it hard to deal with. Many of the things you listed don't even beat Chansey. Obviously the upcoming metagame may be different for Chansey, but don't assume the people playing the game are just sitting there going OH CHANSEY HOW DO I BEAT THIS??? I'm sure everyone tried different ways to beat it. Don't be condescending to the people who thought it was too good.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
I didn't mean to come off as condescending, I am just talking from my own experiences in dealing with Chansey and never having problems with it even when I'm not putting things on my team to specifically beat it. FlareBlitz basically just said he made a whole team that can't beat Chansey and was then blaming it on Chansey, which confused me. And what things I listed don't beat Chansey?

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If that's really your only way of beating Chansey then you deserve to lose to it, I don't understand why you're complaining about adjusting to the dominant pokemon in a metagame. If other people are using Chansey and that's your only way of KOing it, then yes, you should start putting Superpower on your Kabutops. It's not like that move is only for Chansey, it also prevents Empoleon from walling you. There is a huge list of ways to get past Chansey that wouldn't even be hard to add onto a rain team.
You're funny. I have no trouble beating Chansey...just ask Meru or any other prominent stall player, they've raged at me enough. But that's because I specifically run only Pokemon that can beat Chansey. My teams rarely, if ever, have special attackers on them. If your only response to Chansey's immense ability to wall both sides of the spectrum is "well clearly you should only use pokemon in the metagame that beat it", then that's just supports the fact that it is imbalanced.

I have no problem adapting to the metagame, I've been playing this game for a long time. It's just that the metagame I'm adapting to is shittier with Chansey than it would be without.

breh

強いだね
again, complaining about its brokenness isn't going to do anything. until it gets voted out, you're going to have to live with it :/

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
If your only response to Chansey's immense ability to wall both sides of the spectrum is "well clearly you should only use pokemon in the metagame that beat it", then that's just supports the fact that it is imbalanced.

I have no problem adapting to the metagame, I've been playing this game for a long time. It's just that the metagame I'm adapting to is shittier with Chansey than it would be without.
That's not at all what I said. I wasn't saying something that obviously ridiculous. I was just giving examples from the battles I played with ways to actually use Chansey to your advantage, since this is a discussion topic and my first post wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to have to face some of the top pokemon in the tier, but I never said anything like "well clearly you should only use pokemon in the metagame that beat it". Using a team of 6 Chansey killers would be as ridiculous as it sounds.

I think it's a joke that Shell Smash+Baton Pass went up in nominations. Complex bans, lol.

Just move Smeargle, Gorebyss, and Huntail to BL. Stop trying to over-complicate tiering.

Or just ban Shell Smash. It's a broken move, anyway.
Even moving a move to BL is meh IMO. Smashpassing is what's broken, so ban the mons that are capable of doing it. The larger "variety" of bans we do just makes it difficult for new users to understand the complex rule system and the userbase here will dwindle down.

IMO, 3rd and 4th gen was the right way to go with just Pokemon tiering (and clauses). BW started off with Pokemon or Ability bans and Aldaron's Proposal just led to the slippery slope. >_>

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Seriously? A pokemon that easily walls about 5/6ths of the whole teir is not broken?

BRB, not coming back to UU until Chansey goes, because it's just insane in UU.

In fact, the only bans were Drought and Kyurem [The second ever 100% vote]

Although... IMO, Chansey and Victini were far bigger issues than Kyurem.
I agree whole heatedly. Especially on Victini being more of an issue than Kyurem. Kyurem was amazing, but it could at least be walled. Not Victini. I'm just going to assume that it was not banned because a few people wanted to see it without Drought first. Once they realize that Drought had nothing to do with making Victini broken, I think it will end up where it belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)