NU Team

Monferno is my Stealth Rock user as well as a priority user and an Endeavor user.

Pikachu is my priority user and mixed attacker.

Wartortle is my spinner as well as a wall.

Noctowl is my Special Defense wall and my Whirlwind user.

Glalie is my Physical Choice Band user, as well as a priority user.

Serperior is my Physical fighter as well as a Dragon Tail user.

Now let's look in depth...

Monferno (Flaming Ape) (F)
Type: Fire/Fighting
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Hasty
Item: Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
IVs: 0 HP/0 Def/0 Sp.Def
Moves:
-Stealth Rock
-Endeavor
-Overheat
-Vacuum Wave

Ape is my Stealth Rock user as well as my lead. Endeavor is there because she is so fragile and I can make the opponents HP go down to 1 with help from the focus sash. Vacuum wave is there for STAB and most opponents lead of with Bastiodon and that's when Vacuum Wave comes in. It can 2 hit KO Bastiodon (or 3 hit if it's holding the leftovers). Most opponents first use Stealth Rock with it so it's a lot easier KOing it. Vacuum Wave can also be a priority move to defeat weak pokemon. Overheat is another STAB move which is much stronger then Vacuum Wave though it looses it's Sp.Atk. It's mostly used to take down bulky grass types like Amoonguss.

Pikachu (Chidori) (M)
Type: Electric
Ability: Lightning Rod
Nature: Hasty
Item: Light Ball
EVs: 68 Atk/188 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
Moves:
-Fake Out
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Brick Break

Chidori. Awesome name no? Can you guess what he's named after? Anyway, Fake Out is there as a priority move as well as a pretty awesome move. It makes the opponent flinch which I find pretty cool. Thunderbolt is there for STAB and Chidori can take down Water and Flying types including Golduck and non Choice Scarf Bravery with Thunderbolt. Hidden Power is there to take down Ground and more importantly, bulky Grass types including Amoonguss. Brick Break is there specifically for Bastiodon and Normal types with no EVs invested in Defense. And the item Light Ball (in case one knows what it is) is an item specifically for Pikachu which doubles the Attack and Special Attack stat of a pokemon.

Wartortle (Turtle) (M)
Type: Water
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Calm
Item: Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/248 Sp.Def/4 Spd
Moves:
-Rapid Spin
-Scald
-Haze
-Yawn

Wartortle...probably one of the most used NU pokemon. Rapid Spin is there to get rid of entry hazards. Scald is there for STAB and to cause burns. Haze is to get rid of any increased stats the opponent might have increased while I used Rapid Spin or something. Yawn is there as kind of like a distraction. The opponent will probably switch and then I use Rapid Spin. The EVs there are to insure that Wartortle will outspeed other Wartortles.

Noctowl (Hooooot) (F)
Type: Normal/Flying
Ability: Insomnia
Nature: Calm
Item: Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP/4 Def/252 Sp.Def/4 Spd
Moves:
-Roost
-Whirlwind
-Air Slash
-Toxic

Hoooooot is probably one of my best members on my team. Seriously, I don't understand why it isn't UU. It is too good. Anyway, Roost is there to gain some recovery. It also allows some checks if a pokemon has Stone Edge or not without taking massive damage. Whirlwind is it's main move. Use it and then the next pokemon sent out will take damage from Stealth Rock as well as I can make any other stats changes disappear. Air Slash is an attacking move and is there for STAB and taking down bulky Grass types *cough cough* Amoonguss. Toxic is there to deal damage and wall against the opponent. Sitrus Berry is there over Leftovers because I wanna follow item clause and my Serperior (see below) is holding it. Noctowl is beast though. It should be UU at least. Not RU, it's better then that.

Glalie (Glace) (F)
Type: Ice
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Jolly
Item: Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Moves:
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake
-Explosion
-Ice Shard

Glalie...a Froslass reject. Glalie isn't bad. It's FAR from bad. It just lacks a good move pool. Glace is my main priority user and a physical fighter. Anyway, Ice Shard is his main attacking move and a priority move. It helps me take down pokemon like Amoonguss and Bravery as it gets rid of more then 50% of their HP. Earthquake is another attacking move which is much stronger though faster pokemon can hit first. Explosion is a suicide move which deal tons of damage and usually takes down all pokemon in 1 hit. Ice Fang is another stronger STAB move but it hasn't really been that useful so I'm thinking of taking it out and switching for Crunch. What do you guys think? Choice Band is a really good item though I don't really like being locked into using one move so I'm also thinking of changing to life orb. What's your guys opinion on that?

Serperior (Snnnake) (M)
Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Jolly
Item: Leftovers
EVs: 32 HP/224 Atk/252 Spd
Moves:
-Coil
-Substitute
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Tail

Serperior is just one of your average grass types. This set is directly from smogon but I'll explain how I use him anyway. Coil is there to help boost his stats while he's under a Sub. Or is the opponent is under a sub and is charging it's focus for a Focus Punch, then I can boost my defense. Coil also insures that I won't miss that much with Dragon Tail as I have missed at the worst times with that move. Substitute is there for obvious reasons. Go inside a Sub for some protection. And if the opponent ends up breaking it, then all the better! If the foe is holding the Life Orb, then I can stall with it 'till Overgrow activates then KO it. They don't even have to hold it. Leaf Blade is there for STAB and a Overgrow boost is always helpful. Dragon Tail is to bug the opponent and send their pokemon back thus activating Stealth Rock and dealing damage.

Well, this is my first RMT so constructive criticism is always appreciated. Also, if there are any grammar mistakes or spelling mistakes, don't hesitate to say so. With this team, I usually win 3/4 battles. And I would review and put a threat list but I don't feel like it because I made this before but put it in the wrong thread so it got deleted. I spent 2 1/2 hours doing both so please don't flame.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Creative team to say the least. Out of curiosity, why use Banded Glalie when Piloswine is a better Choice Bander all around? That aside, I can see a few problems with the team as of right now. The main problem is the fact that you lack a Fighting and Psychic resist. Seeing as Pokemon of these two types are some of the most commonly used Pokemon in the tier (even with all these new changes going on), that is a real problem.

From what I can tell, your team seems to be based on countering certain rising stars of the tier, like Regenerator Amoonguss and Golurk. However, it doesn't mean that you should ignore some of the previously popular threats of the tier, like Sawk and Musharna.

As for your team, Glalie seems to be a weak point. It provides no real benefit except a strong priority move. Banded Piloswine can do almost everything Glalie can do better except Explode. It also provides decent physical bulk and an extra Electric immunity.

Pikachu is a decent Pokemon, but I don't think it works well with this team. It lacks power with a mixed set, and unfortunately misses out on outspeeding base 95s. An unSTAB Fake Out isn't exactly a great reason to use Pikachu either, especially with Extremespeed being available (please don't say the flinch chance is great when you have moves like Substitute and Encore to buy you free turns as well). Musharna is a more effective replacement for Pikachu's slot. It has so many different roles that it can play for you, from all-out-offensive to a bulky supporter. It rounds out your team extremely well, and can protect you from Sawk and opposing Psychic types. Good luck and I hope I helped!

Creative team to say the least. Out of curiosity, why use Banded Glalie when Piloswine is a better Choice Bander all around? That aside, I can see a few problems with the team as of right now. The main problem is the fact that you lack a Fighting and Psychic resist. Seeing as Pokemon of these two types are some of the most commonly used Pokemon in the tier (even with all these new changes going on), that is a real problem.

From what I can tell, your team seems to be based on countering certain rising stars of the tier, like Regenerator Amoonguss and Golurk. However, it doesn't mean that you should ignore some of the previously popular threats of the tier, like Sawk and Musharna.

As for your team, Glalie seems to be a weak point. It provides no real benefit except a strong priority move. Banded Piloswine can do almost everything Glalie can do better except Explode. It also provides decent physical bulk and an extra Electric immunity.

Pikachu is a decent Pokemon, but I don't think it works well with this team. It lacks power with a mixed set, and unfortunately misses out on outspeeding base 95s. An unSTAB Fake Out isn't exactly a great reason to use Pikachu either, especially with Extremespeed being available (please don't say the flinch chance is great when you have moves like Substitute and Encore to buy you free turns as well). Musharna is a more effective replacement for Pikachu's slot. It has so many different roles that it can play for you, from all-out-offensive to a bulky supporter. It rounds out your team extremely well, and can protect you from Sawk and opposing Psychic types. Good luck and I hope I helped!
Gee thanks a lot! Yeah, your right about the Pikachu part. I was just trying to be original and really, I only use him when I know for sure I can KO a pokemon which really isn't that great. As for Glalie, I'll first try out Crunch on him. If not, then I'll use Piloswine. As for pokemon like Musharna and Sawk, they are usually quite easy to beat in my opinion, I don't know why. I'll find out why today. And yeah, all of the things you said would probably help me. Thanks a lot and yeah, you helped out!

EDIT: Why did fat appear on the quote?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)