(NU/UU)Trick Room Team

Hey guys.I'm trying to make a trick room team,and I would like to have some suggestions.This is my first RMT.

Edits are in Bold.

At a glance:

In Depth:
@Light Clay
Ability:Levitate
EVs:252HP/80Def/176SpD
Nature:Sassy
Moves:
Light Screen
Reflect
Trick Room
Explosion

Claydol's my dual screen lead,so my other trick room users can set up easily.
He can also use explosion when needed.

@Life Orb
Ability:Download
EVs:252HP/4Def/252SpA
Nature:Quiet
Moves:
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Trick Room
Recover

Porygon2 is good trick room user,thanks to its low speed and good bulk.He can also sweep,inside of trick room,and last longer,thanks to recover.

@Life Orb
Ability:Own Tempo
EVs:252HP/252SpA/4Def
Moves:
Ice beam
Surf
Trick Room
Slack Off

Slowking is quite bulky.He can set up Trick Room to sweep and weaken enemies or to support his team.He can also switch into fire types to give him turn for setting up trick room.Slack off is used for healing from life orb recoil.

@Life Orb
Ability:Solid Rock
EVs:252HP/252Atk/4Def
Nature:Brave
Moves:
Megahorn
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Substitue

Rhyperior is another sweeper on the team.Rhyperior's quite powerful inside the effects of trick room,because of its very low speed and high attack.The moves were given so he could have a good coverage.

@ Expert Belt
Ability:Sniper
EVs:252HP/252SpA/4Def
Moves:
Ice Beam
Surf
Energy Ball
Flamethrower

Octillery's low speed stat make it a good trick room sweeper.He could also do some sweep even outside of trick room.The moves were given for coverage.

@Choice Scarf
Ability:Guts
EVs:252Atk/252Spd/4Def
Nature:Adamant
Moves:
Aerial Ace
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Megahorn

Heracross servers as my backup sweeper,when trick room's not in effect or the trick room users fainted.The moves were given for coverage.Choice Scarf was used so he could out-speed some pokemon.

I also have an Uxie,Banette,and a Slowbro.
Feel free to suggest or add anything to this team.TY.:toast:

*Looks at your thread*
*Sees it's a Trick Room team*
*Doesn't see a Porygon2*
*Suggest a Porygon2*

Porygon2 @ Life Orb
Quiet
Download
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
- Trick Room
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam / Hidden Power Ground

May I suggest Seismic Toss or Night Shade > Shadow Punch on Dusclops. Toxic > Confuse Ray on Clamperl, incase you run into a SpD Wall, or a road block, you may as well wear to down with Toxic. Or a Octillery > Clamperl.

Octillery
Expert Belt / Life Orb
Quiet
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Surf
Ice Beam
Energy Ball / Charge Beam
Flamethrower / Water Spout

For Slowking, either a 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Sp Atk with Nasty Plot and Psychic for full on offense. Or for more longevity:

Slowking @ Life Orb
Quiet
Own Tempo
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
- Trick Room
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

I would suggest Substitute over Swords Dance; it is useful against teams who try and switch around you to waste Trick Room turns as it means you don't have to predict so much.

You also don't have a back up cleaner, for when Trick Room is ended and is unable to be re set up. Discovered Revenge Killers are necessary in successful Trick Room teams, may I suggest either a Heracross.

Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf or Life Orb
Adamant
Guts
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Megahorn

That was pretty brief, but I don't have a lot of time. If you have a query just say so and I'll respond to your comment.
GL!

Wynought is a jerk and always beats me to posting most of the same advice I would. =P

It's good advice though. Definitely Seismic Toss over Shadow Punch on Dusclops, you want to be able to hit normals. I know then you can't hit ghosts, but which one are there more of? Toxic over Confuse Ray if you stick with Clampearl, all Confuse Ray does is force a switch. If they switch after being Toxic'd to prevent the poison damage from getting too high, at least the condition stays with them, as opposed to the confusion going away on a switch. I like Sub in the last move slot on TR Rhyperior, as since you'll probably outspeed, you can set up a quick sub and go for your sweep. Definitely add Porygon 2 as well, easily one of the best TR Pokémon. May I suggest over Eggy? Leaf Storm hits hard, but once your SpA drops once or twice you'll probably want to switch out, which wastes TR turns. Sure, you can explode, but Claydol already does that, and with Porygon 2 you're getting much better coverage. Normal + Electric + Ice/Ground is much better coverage than Grass + Explosion. ;) Sleep Power on Eggy is nice but with the limited number of turns you get under TR, you're probably better suited to just beating down.

One other thing, maybe use a Sassy nature on Claydol, it's still +SpD but now it's -Spe, meaning you have a better chance of booming right away after setting up TR.

I'm sure you've done this, but make sure your speed IVs are all at 0, you want to be fast as possible under TR. =)

I also agree with having some sort of revenge killer on your team, because you can't rely on TR always being up. Sometimes shit happens, and you don't want to be caught in a tight spot.

Good luck with the team, be sure to let us know how it goes! =)

Thanks for the suggestions,guys.

I'm still not sure who to replace for Heracross.

And should I use Octillery over Clamperl?

I'm also thinking giving Porygon2 recover,so it could last longer.

Heracross > Dusclops
You have more than enough Trick Room providers.
Octillery > Clamperl
If you want, they're both pretty powerful. Difference is Octillery can still function decently outside of the Trick Room, has a wider movepool with far superior coverage and can rip holes in any unprepared team.

Try this Porygon2 instead.
Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Download
Quiet
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpA
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Looking good. Have you been playtesting? I'd love to know your feedback.

+ Don't forget to re-add descriptions for the newly added Pokés c:

So far,I only won 4 out of 10 matches.

Claydol had some problems with leads that can put him to sleep,but he can take most attacks easily.

Herascross was a big help,when my trick roomers fainted.And the choice scarf really helped a lot.

Porygon2 really lasted,in most battles,but I was thrown off gaurd by some pokemon using substitute,endeavor then quick attack.

I wasn't able to switch in to Octillery that much,but he's also a good sweeper.

I had some problems with sucker punch on slowking.(I Guess,I have to predict better >.<)

So far,I only won 4 out of 10 matches.
Really good work here!
Claydol had some problems with leads that can put him to sleep,but he can take most attacks easily.
If you're having problems with Claydol may I suggest a Uxie instead? The problem with Claydol is its doing far too much, setting up screens and proving your team with Trick Room is a lot of load making it very Taunt weak and frail.

Uxie @ Leftovers
Levitate
Careful
252 HP/160 Def/96 Sp Def
Yawn
Trick Room
Stealth Rock
U-Turn

Yawn forces switches to rack up Stealth Rock damage and give me free turns for Stealth Rock/Trick Room set up, and by not using a -Spe nature or a 0 speed Iv, he can utilize a "slow" U-Turn in Trick Room to safely bring in a sweeper.

Herascross was a big help,when my trick roomers fainted.And the choice scarf really helped a lot.
Glad to hear.
Porygon2 really lasted,in most battles,but I was thrown off gaurd by some pokemon using substitute,endeavor then quick attack.
Seriously? I never see this strategy being played all too much these days. But it can be easily played around.
I wasn't able to switch in to Octillery that much,but he's also a good sweeper.
Yeah Octillery is hard to switch in, unless its your first sweeper or right after a death fodder. Do try to get him in as he is quite deadly under the Trick Room.
I had some problems with sucker punch on slowking.(I Guess,I have to predict better >.<)
Feel free to replace Nasty Plot with Calm Mind as you can capitalize on their failed prediction while only boosting yourself. And if you're up against a Houndoom, who I assume is Sucker Punching, he'll find it hard to take you down with a Dark Pulse.

Is 4/10 really that good?

I'll try Uxie.

Yeah,I also think claydol does too much.
I think so. The team is still a work in progress, and as you make changes, and get a better feel for the way your team plays, your wins will go up. But it's definitely good for the stage you're at. Keep at it! =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)