Tournament NUPL VI - General Talk Thread

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
hey, i put together a spreadsheet w/ overall NUPL records from the past 5 editions + will continue to update it w/ the coming NUPL. i was just curious as to what the totals were, so i figured i might as well put it together.

some fun facts
  • only two players have played at least one game in every NUPL, Finchinator and Shuckleking87. however FLCL, Raseri, and zebraiken all managed NUPL1, where managers couldnt play, as well as playing a game in every other NUPL.
    • along with that, Finchinator is the only person to play every week of regular season throughout 5 seasons of NUPL.
  • Raseri is the only person to manage a team every NUPL, with FLCL managing in every one bar NUPL4.
  • FLCL (1/2), Hot N Cold (1/2), and I (3/5) are the only people to win more than 1 NUPL, all 3 winning 2
i put this together w/ some records sheets that were made at the time of the tours (for 5/4/2), and for the others i just went by what was bolded in the OPs. if there are any mistakes you spot, or any changes that need to be made feel free to shoot me a pm or hit me up on ps / discord so i can fix it.

also thanks to FLCL, Ciele, and Eternally for helping finish this up

Last edited:

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Pretty cool list there, nice blast from the past to see some of the names of the players in seasons 1 and 2, and of course see some success from those on the warrior wobbuffets (too lazy to change my picture lol)

passion

heavenly :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
actually mr cb jose altuve corvettes i heavily disagree. i personally believe that my good friend raseri had the strongest draft of them all and has proved the filthy lax apologists wrong. through legendary team synergy, unlimited player potential, and alpha decision making raseri undoubtedly cemented himself as the nupl manager with the largest brain. he not only has the best sm, oras, bw, dpp, AND adv lineup/support but also has the by far strongest best of 3 players in megazard, yogibears, or even gafahrlicher random. this team has unlimited potential and will in my eyes be the team to beat in this nupl. if u think a noob like lax could have drafted a team half as good as this powerhouse you are delusional and stupid. have fun and good luck to everybody (ur gonna need it) as the team of cb jose altuve corvettes, Shaneghoul, Garay oak, Z+V, Megazard, fatty, Santu, Chill Shadow, Astolfo, Eternal Spirit, Gefährlicher Random, Shuckleking87, Sir Kay, yogi, Robert Alfons, lolbro will be dominant this nupl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)