Nuzlocke Challenge

This sounds extremely fun and challenging, I think I'll try it out soon as well. I was going to do Ruby, but Coolking already took that, so I might wait until I grab a second DS this weekend and transfer all my Pokemon from Platinum or Pearl to another cart.

Also, a question on the rules. If you get an Egg through in-game events, like from Mr. Pokemon in Gen 2 or Lavaridge Town (I think it was) in Gen 3, does that count for the route/town you get the Egg in, or does it count for where it hatches? And what happens if you've already fought a Pokemon in the area it applies to?

I'm capable of doing this on any generation. Namely:

Red
Blue
Yellow [Not applicable, can't release Pikachu]
Silver
Ruby
Emerald
FireRed
Diamond
Platinum

But first, I have a question:

Are you allowed to catch HM slaves, if they are ONLY used as slaves? Not leveled, so if you fight with them, you basially die anyway. It would really suck if you got to Victory Road, and found out you didn't have a pokemon with Stregnth, or, you got to Vermillion, and didn't have a Cutter. That's game over right there if you can't bypass a vital obstical... and a really lame way to end the game at that.

Well, I'm gonna start a FireRed run at this, with the following rules [As they seem to be not set in Stone]:

1st battle per area = catch allowed
No healing items
K.O = Release
Pokeballs can be brought. ONLY pokeballs. No Great/Ultra Balls. This will make catching later in the game very hard.
Nicknames are epic!
No intentional Overleveling
No Trainer Evasion

Why FireRed?

Not broken mechanics
Still the hardest generation, with the most brutal Elite 4.

Part 1: A New... Afternoon [Damn, Overslept!]
Before Rai is even born, I mess up, attempting to type his name with the touch screen <_<.

After starting up, I play around with the NES, thinking it would be a Gammecube or Wii, the second mess-up.

Totally ignoring Mum, Rai walks out of the building, and right into the tall grass. You see, Rai is feeling Emo right now.

Then, soe random old guy, moving shockingly fast shows up and stops Rai before he can be mauled by those oh-so-deadly weaker-than-a-baby lv 2 Pidgey, before taking me to his lab.

Oh great, the Cloud Strife Wanabee Green is here. Look at that spiky hair. He's impatiant about something, but the old man ignores his grandson, and gives Rai the first choice about a Pokemon, which somehow snaps him out of his emoness.

[Chooses Bulbsaur because he dosn't wanna risk not having Cut at Vermillion]

Rai picks up an 'energetic' Bulbsaur from the Old Man, named 'Bulby'.

All of a sudden, Green dashes fowards, and takes a Charmander, breaking the golden rule of nicknaming.

Upon attempting to leave, Green wants to fight Bulby, inside a Lab 0_o.

All of a sudden, Old Man is complaining, and gives a Random Tutorial about stuff I already know...

OMG Hasty Bulbsaur 0_o. Due to feeling like it, Rai checks the IV's of Bulby, to see how much of a chance it has at surving 5 minuites:

He is plesently surprised when he finds out that the Special Attack IV is either 30 or 31, and resolves to not allow this Bulbasaur to die, so it lives to pass onto my 4th gen carts. Motivation FTW?

Damn, that lizard's faster when I have a + Speed Nature?

DAMN!

I lost against Green <_< [He was faster, and NEVER used anything but Scratch... his AI beats 4th gen Rival's]

GAME OVER
EPIC FAIL

Thus ends possibly the shortest Nuzlocke challenge ever...

PART 2: LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN...
Read Part 1 for everything up to the Green Battle. [Now called Cloud due to my earlier joke]

OK, so I have a Jolly Bulbasaur this time, possibly the worst possible nature for it... joy.

Cloud atttacks with his lizard of DOOM!

OK, I'm faster this time, 11 Speed over 9 last time! [Even though both had +Speed 0_o]

VICTORY!

With this, Rai wanders off to take on Route 1 again, but not before some randomer talks about Trainer Tips signs... and how she copied it down?

I get a Potion... before recalling I'm not allowed them...

At this rate, I'll get through Route 1 with my catch still alive, last grassy area...

DAMN!

Stupid Pidgey <_< You shall DIE for this! [Bulby kills it, with 9HP left]

Ooh, Veridan City [Heals, grabs package, returns to Pallet]

Chapter 3: Revenge of the Lizard and Pidgey!
Blah blah Pokedex, blah blah flase promise, ooh, Pokeballs ^_^.

Borrow a Town Map from your sister? I won't get one? We'll see.

[Knocks down door of Cloud's house]

Town Map now or Else!

[Daisy hands over after stateing it's lazy for the Old Man to walk across the whole Region... while she sits there NPC'ing]

K thx bi ^_^

Rai then goes to say bye to Mum... and stops talking in textspeak... before realising that you don't say bye to Mum in FireRed...

Through the Route 1, filled with life threatening Pidgeys and Rattatas... Bulby goes up to lv 7, learning Leech Seed for staying alive needs. I kill everything I fight with an uneeded crit to finish it off, oddly enough...

Rai then wander to Route 22... after finding other Potion... maybe other Nuzlockers tossed them away?

After running around in grass for half a min, I finally find something...

****!

Spearow!

Peck is bad for Bulba, but no catch if I run... ugh... not good either way...

Tackle vs Growl

Tackle vs Peck. Spearow's in the red, Peck did a massive 6 damage with Super Effectiveness and STAB.

Rai: Go, Pokeball!
Random voice: Yes, Spearow was caught!

*Nicknames GAMBLE for the fact catching it was one*

Damn... Naive nature... Nature rolls are trolling me today. Could be worse... could be Modest.

Trains GAMBLE to lv 7, with no incident, albeit, some near-deaths, the worst being left with 2HP after a crit, before facing Cloud!

What... I'm going the wrong way? Well, so did you!

Bulby dosen't match well with Pidgey or Charmader, but I think Charmander has Ember, and Spearow can't take on both...

Well, lv 9 Pidgey... wait, you look mad at Bulby... are you that same Pidgey I pwned in Part 2?!

Ew, Sand Attack...

LOL, Pidgey missed twice

Leech Seed FTW!

At -3 accuracy, I can't risk a Leech Seed Miss, to Spearow right away!

Gambling with Gamble... Scratch... I guess it dosen't have Ember then...

Ew, Growl, I'll just Leer, Growl, and switch.

1 HP 0_o, quick to Bulby!

LOL 2 damage, and you're Seeded.

I'm healing 3 HP per turn, and you're dealing 2. I think I win here.

OMG CRIT!

Phew, 4 HP left, now 7... and Charmander's only just alive.

Tatics > HAX

Bulby > Charmander

Nicknmes > All

Rai > Cloud

I lucked out? You got the crit! Sore loser....

End Boss Stats:

Bulby: HP7/27, Lv 9
Gamble: HP: 1/23, Lv 7

Chapter 4: Trolls and Weedles of DOOM
After another random tutorial about catching Weedle... I move on. Luckily, Bulby can't die of Poision.

So, Route 2... what will the RNG roll for me...

Wild RATTATA appeared! [Lv 5]

Bulby used Tackle!

A Critical Hit

Rai: Oh ...

It lived...

Random Voice: Gotcha, RATTATA was caught!

Gotta name it FEAR... for the set, and for the fear the Crit caused.

Sassy... could be worse.

So... into Veridan Forest, Pikachu please!

Wild KAKUNA appered! [Lv 4... What the Hell?!]

Rai: WHY ME?!

Hits once with FEAR. Takes off 1/3

Kakuna used Harden

Attacks again.

A CRITICAL HIT!

Kakuna = KO'ed

Rai: Stupid... Trolling... GAME! Denying me even Beedrill through leveling that thing to 10!

[Wild Weedle Appears]

Weedle uses Poision Sting and Poisions FEAR first time.

Rai: TROLLS RUN THE RNG!

FEAR DIED!

[Crying, Rai gives FEAR a funeral in some strange man's PC]

So... this means for Brock... I'll just have Spearow... and Bulbasaur [Or Ivysaur by the time I get there with just those two]... Good luck to me...

*Fights 1st Bug Catcher*

Go, Gamble!

[Uses Peck and Weedle hardly lives]

Weedle Uses String Shot, then follows with Poision Sting.

Rai: TROLLS!

Gamble is Poisioned!

[Digs second grave]

Bulby's gonna be so overleveled....

Well, at least Bulby won't die to Poision...

[Fights 2nd Bug Catcher]

Tackle Misses Twice, Poision Sting crits. 3 lv 7 Weedles with just a lv 9 Bulba... with that hax...

Bulby Fainted!

GAME OVER
[SLIGHTLY LESS] EPIC FAIL
WEEDLES ROCK
RNG HATES ME

Summary of Major Events:
Attempt 1:
Picked Bulbasaur
Died to Green

Attempt 2:
Picked Bulbasaur
Beat Green
Killed Pidgey on Route 1
Caught Spearow on Route 22
Beat Green
Caught Rattata on Route 2
Killed Kakuna in Veridan Forest
Rattata died to Weedle's Poision
Spearow died to Weedle's Poision
Bulbasur died to a combination of Misshax, Crithax, and being swarmed by 3 Weedles.

I'm thinking of doing this on Blue, because all my other games are busy doing something else (Diamond is on the 498 Pokemon quest, Ruby is on the whore-Pokemon-onto-Diamond quest, Silver is on the all-bug quest, and Red is on the have-all-three-legendary-birds-and-don't-want-to-delete-file quest. The only thing I dread is having the first Pokemon I find while leaving Cinnabar Island be Missingno, but I think that could be considered a reasonable exception to the rules. In fact, yeah, this sounds fun. Sign me up under Moot rules.

Wee, I'm cohosting this motherfucker.

another edit: are you allowed to give berries to Pokemon? That may solve Poison crisises I may have. Also, Kyogre/Groudon and Reyquaza are not the 1st pokemon found on a route, can I still catch them?
Well, to my version, you can't use legendaries, so I would just use them for XP, but that's just me. If you're going for Morm's rules, we can count the legendaries as a separate 'area' since usually for legendary battles you have a different name on the map itself... 'Magma Cavern' or whatever.

Question: The safari Zone has 4 areas. Are we alloted a pokemon from each? Or only one for the whole Zone?
T: Whoa, that's FAST!

OTHER QUESTION: In Yellow, you don't start with 5 pokeballs. Can I buy the first five?
One pokémon for the entire zone, although if you want to be a puss about it, I suppose you could do that. Judgement call. Most of these rules decisions are based on how easy or difficult you want this to be for yourself.

Yeah, sure, that makes it fair.

I might do this on my crystal, if I use repel can I make a legendary dog or bird the first on that route?
See the note about legendaries near the first quote; you can't use them but if that's what you want!

Also, a question on the rules. If you get an Egg through in-game events, like from Mr. Pokemon in Gen 2 or Lavaridge Town (I think it was) in Gen 3, does that count for the route/town you get the Egg in, or does it count for where it hatches? And what happens if you've already fought a Pokemon in the area it applies to?
I am going to exercise executive privelige here and say that pokémon you recieve are all in their own areas, such as Mr. Pokémon's house etc, so you can count the surrounding area as a different area.

But first, I have a question:

Are you allowed to catch HM slaves, if they are ONLY used as slaves? Not leveled, so if you fight with them, you basially die anyway. It would really suck if you got to Victory Road, and found out you didn't have a pokemon with Stregnth, or, you got to Vermillion, and didn't have a Cutter. That's game over right there if you can't bypass a vital obstical... and a really lame way to end the game at that.
You can use your catches as HM slaves but you can't catch a separate pokémon as an HM slave; better hope to god you find a Bidoof.

From what I've been reading, the real way to get this locked down for yourself is to have 3 HM whores (water-type HMs, a Defogger/Flyer, and a Strength / Rock Smash / Rock Climb), and then three pokémon (your starter, and two other pokémon that have fantastic type coverage) that you powerlevel ridiculously to finish the game with. You might have a different strategy, but this is probably how the majority of you will have any hope to finish the game.

Also, yeah, talk about which rules you guys want to incorporate into the combined. Personally, I would really love the challenge of the picked up pokéballs only, but that just may be my masochistic side. What should be scrapped? What should we keep?

edit; @jumpluff oh my god "a bit gormless" hahahah i'm dying over here keep it coming

I'm Yellow [Not applicable, can't release Pikachu]
Well then, looks like I'll be forced to keep Steve on me. :/

Ah well. Next update I show off Steve, Birdy (who I have decided to raise), Tim, and another one. Who? It is a mystery... wait, this is Yellow, and the only other place I could have caught a pokemon was Viridian Forest, so not really.

(Btw, Tim wasted 4 pokeballs, Birdy took the last of my first buying spree, and *cut out* took that one in Viridian Forest. So I'm out of balls... not that it matters, I'll next be catching after Brock.)

Would pokeballs found via the pickup trait be legal? Even if they were better versions than normal balls.

Also how are you going to handle the pokewalker?

One poke per course?

Well, updated my previous post with the events that happened on my first two FireRed runs.

Yes... two.

I failed at the first battle, and against... Weedles.

Reading the later chapters shows just how trollish the RNG was towards me. I think in the few battles I had, I missed 5 times, and got critted 7 times before I died in Veridan Forest.... and the few crists I did get either didn't matter, or made things worse.

I'll do this on Ruby.

EDIT: Part 1

Nobody loves you, moving sequence. You too, clock sequence. Same with you, bastard pokemon you have to fight on route 101 by default. You just denied me a poke. I grab Treeko and name it PINGAS, because I am a horrible person. I somehow make it to May without encountering a poke, then realize the Torchic also denied me a poke. bawwwwww

So I beat May handily, then run back to the center and heal up. Then I jump down to Littleroot, get my pokedex and pokeballs, and prepare to go to Route 102 to get my PINGAS a friend.

short update weee

I'll do this on Ruby.

EDIT: Part 1

Nobody loves you, moving sequence. You too, clock sequence. Same with you, bastard pokemon you have to fight on route 101 by default. You just denied me a poke. I grab Treeko and name it PINGAS, because I am a horrible person. I somehow make it to May without encountering a poke, then realize the Torchic also denied me a poke. bawwwwww

So I beat May handily, then run back to the center and heal up. Then I jump down to Littleroot, get my pokedex and pokeballs, and prepare to go to Route 102 to get my PINGAS a friend.

short update weee
No it didn't... Only wild pokemon count.

This doesn't sound entertaining, it just sounds annoying. I prefer to play my Pokémon games for fun, thanks
If you play it right, only random poison and the Elite Four should kill you. So that leaves the "first pokemon per route only" rule, and that's handleable by occasional hard reseting (I'd only do this if necisary or to prevent repeats though, like what I did for *team member*)

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Going to start an run of Emerald. I think I'll pick Torchic, since its the most powerful offensively, and hopefully can OHKO before it takes damage.

Wish me luck.

edit: Oh shit, May's Mudkip almost critted my Torchic to death. Good thing I got a Scratch crit!

I am going to be attempting this with Yellow version. I am also placing a restriction on myself where I will not catch any pokemon after I use up the five starting pokeballs, everything else will be giftmons over the course of my game. If I can be assed to dredge up my Yellow version, expect me to start this soon.

EDIT: I don't know but I might use the masterball on the grounds that you can't sell it

Kannon, be careful. I started Yellow recently, and found that YOU CAN'T RELEASE PIKACHU. So make sure it stays alive.

Also, you aren't given 5 pokeballs at the start. Tough beans.

I'm quite tempted to do this on Platinum, as soon as I find my copy/transfer everything important to Silver/get off my lazy ass. I'll be back with the results of that whenever I start.

Part 4

‘As thanks for listening to an old man, you can have my Running Shoes! Still warm and good as ever!’

He must have seen the hesitance in my eyes or the blank look on my face, because he erupts into uproarious laughter. ‘Just kidding!!! Here, these are new.’

I can’t help but wonder how he knew my shoe size as I unlace my sneakers and slip on the perfect-fitting Running Shoes. Weird how a random old man in another town would know that, huh? ‘Uh, thanks,’ I say, and he goes into his house with one last wink at me.

Suddenly, I feel like Mekkah and I gained double speed. Walking in them feels more comfortable than ever, and I can actually break into a run! We jog out of Cherrygrove, but just as I step out, I hear the old man calling out. With extreme unwillingness, I turn around to talk to him, and he adds a Map Card to my PokéGear. I don’t know how he knows these gifts are going to be useful, and frankly it’s kind of weird, but I’m grateful for them regardless.

I have barely entered the long grass before a Pokémon appears. I know this one from TV! It’s a green cocoon-like thing with a derpy face… Metapod!

‘Mekkah, use Tackle!’ I call. Mekkah leaps forward to obey, stripping Metapod of a bit of its health. In response, Metapod gleams like metal… Harden, increasing its Defense! Mekkah Tackles it over and over as it uses Harden, doing less and less damage each time. But eventually Metapod is on so low health that Mekkah manages to take it out, and I can’t help but swell with pride that we took something out, even if it was just a dumb cocoon thing.

By the waters, there’s a pink-topped house with a fence and a tree. Is this Mr. Pokémon’s? I step inside, and a wizened old man turns to face me. ‘People usually come looking for Mr. Pokémon, but you meant to visit me, right?’ he asks hopefully, and I can’t help but feel a bit guilty. I don’t answer, but he seems to take that as a yes, for he starts enthusiastically rambling all about Apricorns and how useful they are.

‘I have a feeling this is meant to be,’ he rhapsodises. ‘Take this!’ And, yet again, a lonely old man bestows upon me a useful gift: an Apricorn Box!

‘Thanks,’ I say sincerely, and he tells me that I’ll be a ‘decent’ Apricorn collector. Yeah, thanks. The first thing I do is pluck the Green Apricorn off the tree outside his window, and then I turn to talk to Mekkah, who seems enthusiastic. He scoots ahead, as if he wants to lead, so I walk just behind him into the next field.

Another Pidgey! We’ll get him this time! Mekkah is faster, and he dives towards Pidgey in a Tackle. They continue to Tackle each other until they are both panting and looking weak. Please, don’t faint, Mekkah! Mekkah, however, is the faster one, and he takes Pidgey out, still looking feeble, as if he’s about to fall over. We stagger out of the field and see a signpost: Mr. Pokémon’s House Straight Ahead!

‘Mr. Pokémon will know how to help you,’ I tell Mekkah bracingly, belying the anxiety in my throat. Before then, though, we have to get through another great field, and there are giant trees blocking the path through the non-grassed areas. As we prepare to sprint through the field (as best we can, due to Mekkah’s weakness), we are ambushed by a Caterpie, but we manage to flee. In our race to Mr. Pokémon’s, we meet several more Caterpie, but they give no pursuit. It is with great relief that I come out of the last field to see a brown-roofed house… this must be Mr. Pokémon’s! In lieu of the stars, which aren’t out yet, I thank the clouds.

Panting, I knock on the door and it opens, letting me in. In the room, there are two men; a grey-haired scientist in a white lab coat sits at the table, but the brown-clad gentleman has risen at my knock and comes towards me.

--

NB: I'm further than I am in my story, but my DS is nearly out of power so I'm just going to do some catching up from my battle log while it charges. ^_^

Sorry for my updates not being all awesome and long like others. >_>

Update 2

I got a Poochyena from Route 102 and name it … because I couldn't think of anything. I got a level 2 Zigzagoon from route 103 and named it Lemming, because that’s all I could picture it doing. I got another Zigzagoon from route 104, and nicknamed it FFFFFUUUUU because that was what was going through my mind when I found another Zigzagoon.

Everything was going smoothly until a youngster on the beach of 104 gave me some trouble. His Seedot used harden, and I had to absorb him to death. Then I realized his only attack was Bide so I switched in ... and Howled while he was biding, then killed him. Then a freaking level 8 taillow came in and I decided to growl him down to where PINGAS wouldn't die from 2 pecks. Then he used focus energy. “Hopefully he doesn’t cri-GOD DAMN IT”

And so ended the legacy of FFFFFUUUUU the Zigzagoon. Luckily, I finished that bastard Taillow off with my other pokes before anything else could go wrong. I got my ass over to a pokemon center, healed up, and put FFFFFUUUUU in box 14(not releasing it so I can see the names of all the fallen heroes when this is over).

I am doing this in Crystal. I decided to write my log Hard Boiled. For that reason, I will be replacing all references to Silver with Kris, because femme fatale obv. Please tell me if you like it! I don't want to waste the space in the thread if people aren't enjoying it.

Pokémon: Grey Version

PART 1

Leaning over my low brown table, wishing as usual for a chair in my room, I bit down hard on the flimsy cigarette in my teeth. It was hand-rolled, so the Poke Mart woman couldn't tell my mother I was buying them again. The smoke hung like Spanish moss on the dirty yellow sunlight streaming in the window. I turned off my cheap radio just as DJ Mary signed off, ground the cigarette into a crumpled pile on the dresser, and walked downstairs.

My mother and a strange woman were at the kitchen table. There was no way around them in our small house.

"Sam, this is my friend," my mother said without being asked. "She's visiting. Her daughter just loves our Professor Elm. You know, speaking of the professor, he was asking to see you; why don't you go over there now? Oh, and your Pokegear just came back. Here it is. You know this model has a phone!"

I did know. "Thanks." I pulled the strap around my wrist.

"I'm so glad to meet you, Sam," the woman said to me. "Your mother has told me so much about you."

So she wasn't exactly original when it came to turns of phrase, but as I gave her my attention, I could see she had no need. For a lady of my mother's age, she wasted no time with bad first impressions. Her hair was long, black, and tied with a red ribbon to match her striking lips. She slouched just a bit in her chair, stretching out long legs that were meant to be seen. I skimmed her like the back cover of a pulp novel and looked back at my mother.

"All rumors and hearsay, I'm sure." I could feel her smile. Then, to my mother, I said, "I will just go see the professor." She kissed me before I could leave. Her lipstick tasted like wax.

PART 2

Elm Pokemon Lab was just a few yards from my mother's house, but the hot wind off the ocean made it feel even shorter. New Bark Town, where winds of a new beginning blow. A humid, stifling new beginning that runs sweat into your eyes in great rolling drops and tastes faintly of salt.

There was a girl looking in the window of the lab. Her hair was black, almost blue, and she had a Pokegear swinging from her neck, which was the last thing you'd notice about her. She had a runner's body and a face that could boil what the sea breeze left behind.

She shoved me away from the window without the slightest ceremony. "What are you staring at?"

Her, of course. I brushed fictitious dust from my jacket and went into the lab.

I had been in and out of Elm's lab for years. Sometimes helping with research, more often cleaning up after him for his wife. She was uncommonly patient, which was something we shared. I guess that made me the perfect assistant for the wiry, scattered young genius. They said he'd discovered Pokemon eggs, what little sense that made. But I was never into books.

"Sam! I have these three rare Pokemon, and I'd like you to raise one for me." He wasted no time, but he didn't have to. He had my attention now.

"I just pick one?"

"You just pick one."

"Are these strong? I can't be getting embarassed by some weak Pokemon."

"Stop acting so sour all the time. And stop smoking, I can smell it on you. Anyway, yeah, they're strong. They're really strong. Your dad used to--"

"What dad? I'll take this one."

I palmed the ball on the far right, labeled Chikorita. A grass-type would do well in this area. I wrote down the address where the professor wanted me to go, and I left.

I knew what leaves were good for. "Your name is Smoke," I said.

been doing this for a few days on heart gold (i'm too lazy to write any type of story, fuck that).

had to restart twice, once because whitney's miltank destroyed me and i ran out of live pokemon and then again because i forgot to erase my save data.

cianwood / safari zone route is fucking me over, four of my pokemon have died there:

-gloom, dying to a hitmonchan in the fighting gym that outpredicted me and critted with ice punch on the switch

-raticate, dying in a double battle. burned from magmar's flame body and flamethrowered down to about 1 hp, it wouldn't have died if sudowoodo wasn't paralyzed and could rock throw. ._.

-fearow, caught at level 21, died at level 21 in the same patch of grass to an opposing fearow...

-butterfree, died to critical hit air cutter from a wild farfetch'd

so all that is left of my team is sudowoodo / croconaw / kadabra / hoothoot, with slowpoke and drowzee in the box. and i still haven't beaten jasmine.

scratch that, hoothoot died to a crit pursuit from a tauros on the switch. one patch of grass has wiped out 3 pokemon, i think i'm going to leave.

edit: you can use healing items... the only official rules are the first two (and the restarting one due to the fainting = release rule).

I should probably edit all my updates into a single post or make huge mega updates. If this post is on a new page I'll do the former.

EDIT: Nope, no page, but so close. bawww

Update 3

I enter the forest, thinking maybe I’ll get lucky.
WILD ZIGZAGOON APPERED

What the hell is this? Screw you, go die. I only have 2 poke balls left(not counting the ultra ball Lemming found with pick up, but I consider that cheating, so he can keep it). I go outside into the second part of route 104 and find… A poke ball!

>_>

<_<

I regret nothing!

Some bug trainer challenges me with a full team of 6, and I get a little worried. But the 6 Wurmples can barely touch me, and I leave that battle with more experienced pokemon.

So I continue on, and eventually Magma Grunt attacks with his Pooch. I’ve got him almost dead, but then he sand attacks my PINGAS! I mikss a bunch of times and he starts to howl up. I manage to hit him before he can actually attack me, but phew, close one. Also, great ball get! I have to solo all trainers until the next city with PINGAS because Lemming is level 6 and … has 10 HP. I get bullet seed and my PINGAS learns to… Err, nevermind. I have 4 moves already, and delete absorb because 1)Bullet Seed has a high chance of doing more damage and 2)The HP regeneration makes me feel like I’m cheating.

While making my way to the city, some Lass’ Shroomish puts me to sleep with effect spore, which pisses me off and worries me a little, but his only attacks seems to be Absorb, which does a mere 1 HP of damage, and tackle, which does 2. False alarm. Bullet Seed doesn’t really do anything to this guy, so I figure this will take a while. Then he uses stun spore and I just Quick Attack him to death.

However, I am left with a para’d PINGAS and a worthless lemming to take on the double battle. They choose Lotad and Seedot.Lotad goes down easy. Seedot starts to Harden, and I curse the world. He then uses bide, and I have no choice but to switch to … and hope I don’t die, because PINGAS has nothing but attack moves. I howl and tail whip until his bide wears off, then attack. He takes some nice damage, then bides again. I finish him off with a swift tackle to the face. That was way easier than I thought I’d be. Lolbide

I make it to Rustburo, heal up, and then beat up the last trainer on Route 104 who has nothing but Magikarps. >_>

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've pretty much played like this every game because I want to beat the game's storyline without hassle. Just beat every trainer and wild Pokemon I run into with my starter, I already nick everything, I don't use healing items (don't need to when you're 10 levels higher than everything), nor do I ever buy anything. I only really catch HM slaves, but since they tend to be common Pokemon....yeah.

Not really challenging.

/grinder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)