Nuzlocke Challenge

You're putting way too much effort into it. We don't need a time rundown on how you got from Johto to Hoenn, talk about your character and what he's like.

Also, I'm too busy playing Transformice to do my run, sooooo yeah. :D

This is my first Nuzlocke, which I am doing in Emerald. I haven't had time before now to put this up, so it may take me a while to catch up to the game.
Anyways, my adventure begins with me ridding in the back of a moving van (with myself thinking "Why can't I ride in the cab with my mom?"). We arrive in some strange city I've never been before, probably Littleroot Town where my mom said we were moving. So I jump out of the back of the truck and go inside, when my mom tells me to go upstairs and set the clock I'll never see again. I come downstairs and my mom tells me to go introduce myself to our new neighbors.

I head over and introduce myself. Professor Birch is out in a nearby route doing research, so I guess I won't be getting my new pokemon for a few days. I head up stairs and meet May, who seems pretty friendly. She says she has gotten a pokemon from her dad, which seems pretty cool. Anways, I leave the house and head over to the pokemon lab. I talk to one of the assistants, but the Professor isn't back still. I head outside and see a little girl staring into route 101, saying there is someone screaming. I quickly run out to see whats going on when I see a man hidding in a tree from a Poocheyna. He yells at me to grab a pokemon from his brief case and scare the Poccheyna away. I throw the first one I can get, and out comes a Treecko! After a few attacks, the Poocheyna is defeated and runs away. I introduce myself to the professor, and he tells me we should head back to the lab.

Once we arrive back at the lab, he tells me that I can keep the Treecko I used in battle, who I've nicknamed Passat. I decide it's time to head out, so I head up to Oldale Town. I want to continue on to my dads gym in the next town, but some wierd guy going on about fossils won't let me through. I head into the route above me, where I see may working with her pokedex. I talk to her, and she challenges me to a battle. I make quick work out of her Torchic. She tells me when need to head home, so we race back to Littleroot. When we get there, I'm given a pokedex from Birch. I figure this could be pretty cool, so I keep it. I'm also given 5 pokeballs, which means I can get some new pokemon!! As I head out again in hopes of the fossil maniac to be gone, my mom comes running up and gives me some running shoes (Yes! no more having to walk everywhere).

After leaving Oldale Town, I encounter a Lotad and catch it and nickname it Mirror B. I also win a few more battles with trainers and make it to the next city, Petalburg City. After healing up, I go and see my dad in his gym. We were quickly interupted by some kid who wanted to become a new trainer (seems like only 5 minutes ago that was me). My dad makes me go with him and show him how to catch a pokemon. He encounters a Ralts and catches it without my help at all. We return to the gym, and my dad says I can come back and challenge him once I'm stronger. He also tells me that the nearest gym is in Rustboro City, so I head that way.

In route 104 I find a Marill who is named Minnie. I don't want to have some many grass/water pokemon, so I drop her of in the PC. After grabbing a few berries of the trees and beating some rich girl, I head into Petalburg Woods. There were a load of bug catchers in the area, as well as alot of bug pokemon. I caught a Cascoon named Kiseitai. I also find a man who is trying to protect something from a guy who says he with Team Aqua. Never heard of them, but I still take down his Poocheyna with ease. The man thanks me and gives me a Great Ball for helping him. After a little while longer, I stumbled out of the forrest and could see Rustboro City in the distance. I faced a pair of twins where I could use both Passat and Mirror B at the same time, then made it to the city.

I rest up and decide to go into the nearby routes to find some strong pokemon to help me with my first gym battle. I find a bird that my pokedex tells me is a Taillow(sp?). I think this could be my ticket to defeat Mays Torchic if I ever have to face it again, so I catch her and name her Avian. Now with Passat having evolved into a Grovyle (woot!), I decide I'm ready for my first gym leader. I blow by Roxane(sp?) with ease thanks to Passat's Absorb attack and get my first badge. After walking outside, I see a man running by the gym towards the route I caught Avian in.

After following the man, I find it's the very same guy I saved in the woods. He tells me the goods have been stolen, so I race to find the culprit. I arrive at a cave, where an old man tells me a guy dressed in blue has poke-napped his Wingull. I run into the cave to save the Wingull when I encounter a pokemon called Whismur. I capture it and name it Stereo. It'll go in the box, but there's no time right now. I find the culprit hidding in the back of the cave and defeat him. After being defeated, he runs away and returns the goods and Wingull to me. The old man comes in and takes his Wingull back to his house. He says he has a boat and that I can get a ride whenever I need one. I arrive back in Rustboro and give the goods to the man. He takes me to the president of the company that makes the pokenav, who was very generous and gives me one.

As I head out of town, I see May who has just entered town. I want to see how much stronger her and her pokemon have gotten, so I challenge her. I have Avian come out who makes quick work of her first pokemon. She then sends out her Torchic, who has gotten alot stronger. I start to worry as it could easily defeat Passat and Mirror B, so it's all up to Avain. After a long battle, Avain emerges the winner. May and I talk for a little while, and I rest up in the pokemon center.

I'm actually in Fiery Path right now in game, so I've got a lot more to update with. I don't know the levels of everyone at this point in the game, so I can't put them up. Here's a list of who I've gotten up to this point in the game:

Passat, the Treecko/Grovyle.
Mirror B, the Lotad.
Minnie, the Marill. Boxed.
Kisietai, the Cascoon.
Avian, the Taillow.
Stereo, the Whismir. Boxed.

Wow, Whitney loves to cheat. Her Miltank flinched and Attracted my Sigma (Level 20 Exeggcute Male) for 5 turns or more. Kept me from Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Reflect, and basically making her life hell.

I finally got the edge on her when I switched to DeltaFlyer (Level 20 Raticate F), and somehow managed to out-speed her and get some flinches of my own with Headbutt, followed by a killing blow with Sucker Punch.

And here I was worried about Rollout, when I should have been worried about Stomp!
I didn't have to worry about Miltank in my Scramblocke Challenge, I've got a Steelix :)

Anyway, just telling people that in my Scramblocke Challenge, I'm up to Morty and currently have a Flaaffy, Steelix, Eevee and a Pineco. Will start naking my comic tomorrow, just got to print out a comic template.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Nuzlocke update.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

After Whitney, I head up to Route 36 and catch the faker Pokemon Sudowoodo, and nickname it PhillipFry. I've never trained a Sudowoodo before (ever, actually), so I decide to give it a go. Actually he was not an easy Pokemon to catch, he kept breaking my Poke Balls, and almost killed two members of the team in the process.

The rest of my journey up to this update's conclusion is riddled with crappy luck. I end up catching a Stantler, Koffing, the Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage (who I named appropriately Omegakarp, and added him to my team eventually), Girafarig, Tentacool, a Weedle at the Bug Catching Contest (so much for a Scyther or Pinsir), Tentacruel, Shuckie the Shuckle, Farfetch'd, Nidorino, and Krabby. I also fail to capture a Marill, a different Farfetch'd, Meowth, a different Krabby, Onix.

Rival Gamma goes down in the Burned tower with absolutely no problems. His Magnemite is destroyed by BetaMax the Quilava, the Croconaw by Sigma the Exeggcute, Zubat by Iota the Togetic. And shortly after the battle Epsilon 9 the Golbat evolves into Crobat, and at level 23 no less.

Gym Leader Morty proved to be a joke. Iota simply stalled his Gengar to death with Sweet Kiss, Yawn, and Extrasensory (when Gengar wasn't hammering Iota with Hypnosis, damnit. Also Gengar used Mean Look on Iota on the switch in). Epsilon 9 finishes off the rest of Morty's Pokemon.

Heading east to Mahogany Town (en route to capture the Red Gyarados), I happen across that Fisherman on Route 42. Unfortunately his Quilfish proves to be more powerful than I expected, outright slaughtering PhillipFry, and almost taking out other Pokemon in the process with its Rollout (Voltorb Strikes Again? ). R.I.P. you wanna be tree.

After catching the Red Gyarados (which was a pain in the ass I might add with my team), i head out to Olivine City, clear the lighthouse without any problems, then cross Route 40 and 41 to get to Cianwood City.

Epsilon 9 my faithful Crobat proves to be more than a match for the Fighting type gym. By sheer luck the Poliwrath somehow survives two super effective Wing Attacks with 1% HP each time. In the end, Chuck goes back to hiding under his Waterfall.

Then disaster strikes. On my way to the Safari Zone, I encounter the trainer duo Thom & Kae, and their Magmar + Electabuzz combo completely catches me off guard; I have no choice but to switch to Epsilon 9 and BetaMax to absorb the Thunderbolts from Electabuzz and Flamethrower from Magmar. I know Epsilon 9 was weak to electric, but it had the highest special defense of everyone on my team (my other choices would have been outright murdered by Magmar's Flamethrower). Unfortunately, that proves to be a disastrous move, as the combined assault from my opponents proves to be Epsilon 9's end after 2 rounds. BetaMax gets the revenge kill on Electabuzz, and Iota joins in to take down Magmar, but the loss of Epsilon 9 is crippling for my team.

R.I.P. Epsilon 9, my faithful Crobat.

That leaves me with a crippled team that I'm trying to rebuild to take down Jasmine. I fear her Steelix; I have nothing that can easily withstand the combined assault of it's Iron Tail and Rock Throw (that would require a Steel type, which I have not been able to capture).

My best bet is probably going to be KappaKappa, the Wooper that I'm now training to be a Quagsire (i'm delaying evolution until I can teach it Earthquake). Sigma might stand a chance with neutral coverage and all round high defense (although it lacks any real good Special attack), or if BetaMax gets lucky with a solid Flamethrower hit, outspeeds Steelix, and the dreaded Rock Throw doesn't outright kill (if I evolve to Typhlosion I can probably pull it off for sure). I might lose a Pokemon either way unless I heavily grind.

Xilophone the Slowpoke is also an option, but it's not a Special Attack powerhouse until it evolves, which won't be until level 37.

Some other notes.

I'm finding a distinct lack of quality experience spots with my party at this level. Advice would be helpful. Route 48 is annoying because of all the Vulpix, at least at night (they are immune to Fire attacks, which makes leveling BetaMax a pain), and the occasional Pokemon that knows priority moves and status moves. Route 42 I can grind Goldeen and Seaking but its slow. Route 40 and 41 are loaded with Tentacool/cruel, but they can be annoying.

Also at this point the only accessible routes I have not caught/fought a non-duplicate Pokemon in are Ecruteak City, Goldenrod City (none to fight), Mahogany Town (Team Rocket HQ has wild Voltorbs, Koffings, Geodudes, and Electrodes), Route 26, Route 47, Ruins of Alph, and Sprout Tower (amazingly).

Current Party:

Omegakarp - Shiny Gyarados (F), Level 33
BetaMax - Quilava (M), Level 29
Xilophone - Slowpoke (F), Level 29
KappaKappa - Wooper (F), Level 28
Iota - Togetic (M), Level 29
Sigma - Exeggcute (M), Level 28

Deceased

Eta Meson - Flaaffy, Level 16
PhillipFry - Sudowoodo, Level 21
Epsilon 9 - Crobat, Level 30

Boxed (abbreviated, none are combat ready)

DeltaFlyer - Raticate (F), Level 21 - relegated to HM bitch
Mareep, Slugma, Gastly, Krabby, Pidgey, Nidorino, Spearow, Aipom, Hoothoot, Abra, Ledyba, Tentacool, Stantler, Koffing, Girafarig, Farfetch'd, Magikarp, Weedle, Tentacruel, Shuckle

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
you have water Pokemon out the wazzu. im a fan of it. good read as well.
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

I definitely have a lot of Water types, but that makes me vulnerable to the random electric or grass types out there, except for the Wooper (which is useless until it evolves). Lots of Flying types makes me vulnerable too (it's what downed my Crobat after all).

Now if only I had an Steel, Fighting, and a Ghost or Dark (besides the Gastly, I'm not a fan of Haunter instead of Gengar, since I'm not allowing trades). I'll probably turn Bill's Eevee into an Espeon, seeing as how evolutionary stones are a pain in the ass to get pre-National Pokedex, and Psychic types are very useful up through the Elite 4; otherwise if I get a Thunderstone then Jolteon

I'm definitely not happy with an Exeggcute; it's just got a crappy move list (basically it has to stall to kill anything), and a metric buttload of weaknesses doesn't help. But, what can you do at this point? Though to be fair, Exeggcute is a fantastic stall as long as it's not hammered by Super Effective attacks: Shell Bell or Leftovers equipped, Leech Seed, Stun Spore, and whatever attack you got.

Hey another update on my HG playthrough. I have defeated morty and he was the easiest gym leader so far. I caught a pidgey and it turned out to be quite useful when it evolved. I missed out on a koffing at burnt tower but I haven't lost a pokemon since the last gym leader. I have to be careful not to get steamrolled by chuck. I have eevee but haven't decided what to evolve him into.
Party
Para the pidgeotto lv. 23
Lavos the slugma lv. 21
Venus the weepinbell lv. 22
Night the venonat lv. 22
Regent the nidorina lv. 22
Croco the croconaw lv. 25

In cryo
Batty the zubat
Savant the slowpoke
Ruler the nidoran
Smash the machop

Dead
Sage the hoothoot
Fang the ratatta
Sandman the drowzee
Arachno the spinarak
Monarch the caterpie
Spear the spearow
Genesis the togepi

Does anyone have strategies for chuck? Preferably not sacrificing someone?

Oh and I forgot. I have Darwin the eevee in cryo. I decided to evolve him into the first stone I can use on him.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
For Chuck, evolve your Zubat to Golbat, then Crobat, and teach it Wing Attack and Confuse Ray, and try to work on its Attack EVs. That should be all the power you'll need to decimate Chuck's Poliwrath (that's what I did anyway). You just need to out-speed his Primeape, or pray it's Rock Slide won't OHKO.

Slowpoke is also an option, as it's resistant to both Surf and Focus Punch, and can counter with Confusion (though it will lose the speed game if Body Slam is used and it gets paralyzed).

Could also evolve Eevee into Espeon.

You know what, I'll give this a try with Emerald. I'll post my first part soon.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'll be using moot's rules, except for the pokeball buying one.

well, i lost to may so here is my HG run...

rules:nickname all pokemon
can only buy 1 pokeball from mart
cant use any healing items at all other than pokeballs, of course
only first pokemon per area
if a pokemon faints put it in dead box

name:Hert, gender:Male rival: Soul

obtained bag,trainer card,save and option buttons from mom
got Rita(chikorita) from Elm
got potions from elms assistant
obtained pokegear from mom
regestered elm in pokegear
tok tour with guide gent and he gave me R. shoes and map card
obtained apricorn box from man
ran from lots of pokemon
got pink apricorn
obtained mystery egg
obtained pokedex
got cal for stolen pokemon
Rita lved up and learned razor leaf by beating rival
obtained pokeballs from lyra

Thanks sprocket. I looked up chuck's movesets and I think I might be able to handle chuck with savant unless I get unlucky. Regent also might be a defensive powerhouse again. I also got a tauros that I think will come in handy in general. I might end up raising more than 6 pokemon.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Oh my god.....

My level 40 Red Gyarados, Omegakarp, died to a level 25 Wobbuffet.

I want to shoot someone right now...

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yes! Finally beat Fire Red. Linus (lv. 60 Jolteon) really came through for me by zapping the hell out of everything with Thunderbolt (not cheap; had to buy an assload of coins from the game corner so I wouldn't have to play their stupid games). Definitely MVP of the entire playthrough.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Nuzlock Update.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

As I predicted, KappaKappa the Quagsire ended up being the ubermon versus Jasmine's team. All it took was two Surfs, and the dreaded Steelix was down and out.

After Jasmine, I made a few tweaks to my team. I snag Bill's Eevee, name it Darwin, discover time travel to travel to the future where it's nightfall and evolve it into Umbreon. I then travel back in time to where it's daylight, and I make sure not to be in the vicinity of my other self while I level up.

Once my team is sufficiently leveled up, I then head to Team Rocket's HQ in Mahogany to whoop some rocket ass. With Team Rocket out of the way, Pryce is my next victim. His Piloswine proved to be absolutely no challenge for BetaMax the (now fully evolved) Typhlosion, but Seel and Dewgong proved to be quite annoying. Darwin to the rescue! Confuse Ray, followed by four bites (and four rounds of Seel and Dewgong attacking themselves) and the Glacier Badge is mine.

Then word gets out that Team Rocket has taken over the Goldenrod Radio Tower. With no other way to progress the story, my next destination is clear. The various grunts are a piece of cake, but another disaster strikes with Executive Petrel and his army of Koffings. Xilophone the Slowpoke, at half health, didn't stand a chance against Selfdestruct. Of course, being the Slowpoke that it is, it didn't realize it was dead until several hours later.

R.I.P., Xilophone. I would have liked to have you as a Slowbro.

With only 5 Pokemon on my team, rival Gamma ambushes me, however the fight is fairly one sided. Golbat gives Darwin a bit of a difficulty (both exchange Confuse Ray early on), but Darwin pulls ahead. Feraligatr falls to Omegakarp the Red Gyarados. Magnemite succumbs to KappaKappa, who's Ground/Water type is proving surprisingly effective (in retrospect he would have prevented the death of Xilophone with his Damn ability). KappaKappa also plows through Haunter. And Sneasel burns to a crisp to BetaMax.

KappaKappa is proving so effective he even soloes Team Rocket Executive Archer. Houndoom's got nothing on the Quagsire.

Route 44, the Ice Path, and Route 45 are fairly uneventful. I challenge the trainers in the Blackthorn City gym, and I find Dragon types and Seadras/Kingdras are harder than I realized. More training is in order.

I decide to head into the Dark Cave to pick up any items I could use, gain some experience, with Omegakarp leading the way...

When out of nowhere comes everyone's worst enemy:

Wobbuffet

Without a Smoke Ball equipped (I forgot all about Wobbuffet going into the cave, gah), and only physical attacks learned, I have no choice but to attack. By sheer willpower, Wobbuffett survives Omegakarp's strongest attack, only to counter with...Counter!

Rest in Peace, Omegakarp. The shiniest Karp of them all.

Seriously, death by Wobbuffet is perhaps the most annoying death of all time. Even more annoying than death by Koffing using Selfdestruct.

As a result of Omegakarp's death, my team is in shambles. None of my reserve Pokemon are leveled up, and the survivors cannot withstand Clair's ferocious Kingdra, Gyarados, and Dragonairs. I was counting on Omegakarp. Plus I need to get my team ready for the Elite 4.

Fortunately I have a pair of trump cards in stasis:

NuYorkCity +
Lambda

It's a painful process leveling them up, especially Lambda since he was still level 1 when I pulled him out of stasis. By tomorrow though, if things go well, I hope to have cleared this Nuzlock run, so I can then begin my Scramble run on SoulSilver.

Current Party
BetaMax, Level 39 (M)
Current Moveset: Flamethrower, Lava Plume, Focus Blast, Swift

KappaKappa, Level 38 (F)
Current Moveset: Earthquake, Amnesia, Surf, Yawn

Iota, Level 39 (M)
Current Moveset: Extrasensory, Encore, Wish, Fly
(Not being able to evolve to Togekiss sucks.)

Darwin, Level 41 (M)
Current Moveset: Faint Attack, Quick Attack, Bite, Confuse Ray

NuYorkCity, Level 20 (M) - Evolved just a minute ago.
Current Moveset: Tackle, Strength, Bite, Waterfall
(Why Strength? That way I don't need to use an HM slave to get thru Victory Road later, which will make fighting the rival easier at the end)

Lambda, Level 22 (M) - Delaying evolution until a few key moves are learned.
Current Moveset: ThunderShock, Flash, Thunder, Thunder Wave
(will replace Thundershock with Discharge, Flash with Signal Beam, and Thunder Wave or Thunder with Power Gem, haven't decided yet)

Cryo
23 total. In no particular order:
Slugma, Jynx, Gastly, Krabby, Pidgey, Nidorino, Spearow, Aipom, Hoothoot, Abra, Ledyba, Tentacool, Stantler, Koffing, Girafarig, Farfetch'd, Exeggcute, Weedle, Tentacruel, Shuckle, Goldeen, Electrode, Raticate

Dead, in order of death
Eta Meson, Level 16 (F), Death by Voltorb Rollout
PhillipFry, Level 21 (M), Death by Quilfish Rollout
Epsilon 9, Level 30 (F), Death by Electabuzz Thunderbolt
Xilophone, Level 34 (F), Death by Koffing Selfdestruct
Omegakarp, Level 39 (F), *Shiny*, Death by Wobbuffet

im going to kind of restart my HG game.. [only at the 3rd badge], and play like this as well. it seems so exciting and definitely hard work. with some changes of course.

-if a pokemon dies.. its done, store for later reminder.
-1 pokemon a route, cant catch for natures.
-no purchases. at all.
-heal only at PokeCenters.

I would start over.. but I Sr'd for my Shiny Chikorita for a day, and love it too much. Seriously better not die on me. Along with all the event Pokemon I have, incl. Shiny Beasts.

Current Pokemon

Chikorita aka August; Level 23

Gyarados aka Typhoon; Level 23

Growlithe aka Rush; Level 21

Pineco aka Prickles; Level 11

Pokemon Box 1; Nidoran[F], Togepi[M], Wooper[M], Paras[M]

Also, I'm going to travel all the way back to the beginning of the game.. to catch up to what Pokemon I missed and was suppose to catch, to have a box full of Pokes I will probably need later on. If you think this is a pointless idea, let me know, so I will just continue straight on.

Btw.. what are the rules with Pokemon Breeding and Eggs?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Phadunk, I should point out a technicality if you want to be a "proper" Nuzlocke: Rule #2 should read, "1 pokemon a route, first pokemon you see", and you can impose either a strict "first pokemon you see, period" or "first pokemon species you see that you haven't captured yet", your choice. Either way it's "don't catch it? Tough shit"

Really you're not supposed to "pick and choose" what species you capture. IE if you go into a route hoping to catch a Chansey, but you happen across a Bidoof, you're stuck with a Bidoof (as a hypothetical example).

Breeding is not allowed, as it defeats the purpose of a Nuzlocke, which is to limit what Pokemon you have to pick from, how many Pokemon you can ever collect, and it's a cheap way of bypassing the "Death = Release" rule.

Well, seeing as I have free time again [College is over]. I'm gonna re-try the Nuzlocke challenge...

[Looks at selection of Pokemon games]

Too many people do RSE, so I'll avoid that...
LeafGreen is my brothers... and filled with Cryo'ed starters and shineys...
FireRed I've tried before, the Poision types... ugh... the poision! [About 1/8th of the pokemon are POISION, and they're everywhere...]
Diamond is my 4th gen Statis
Platinum... meh
HeartGold... everyone's doing that, and I hate '2nd' gen.
SoulSilver is my Bothers.

FireRed it is.

Da Rulez:
1: You must catch the first pokemon you see on a route. With three exceptions:
a: Route 1 is exempt until you have Pokeballs. [It's one of the few places in the game where you avoid Poison types <_<]
b: If you happen upon a Shiny [Like I did before], and have already caught, you may catch the shiny. You may not use said Shiny.
c: As you need a pokedex with at least 60 'Caught' to get to the later Sevvi Islands, addittional catching may take place then. These addittional catches may not be used.

2: The battle style will be on SET.

3: No healing items may be purchased. No healing items may be used during battle. No Revivies. Full Stop. Healing items that are found are allowed, same with Pickup, should I be lucky enough to get a Meowth. [And past Misty...]

4: Any item which is not a healing item may be purchased.

5: Nickname every pokemon, unless it is one caught under 1b or 1c.

6: KO = release. The pokemon is dead. Release = Burying it.

7: No VS Seeker. This limits the money, and thus, abuse of the Game Corner.

8: If something is impassable due to you having nothing to use the appropritae HM, you lose.

Well, as FR/LG more or less REQUIRES it, I'm starting with Bulbasaur. Seriously, Poision's such a pain...

... Well, that ended well. Green's Charmander killed me. Yay for higher Base Speed, and FR/LG Rival not having the AI of a wild Bidoof...

...And Charmander kills me a second time, this time viva Crithax...

EDIT: Finally got past Charmander...
Only to get any hope of beating Brock totally ruined by Crithax from a wild Pidgey as I was traiing my team...

Hey people! I made an account due to how awesome you all are :D

And on a serious note, I really love the Nuzlocke challange and this seems like a good enough place to share it so , without further ado, I present mah rules! ( I'll be playing Platinum )

THE RULES.
1. Release K.O'ed Pokemon.
2. Catch first one on each route only.
3. No saving before bosses ( Rivals, Gyms , Galactic Admins/Leaders , Elite four and champion )
4. I've decided to Ignore The first route and the lake. Opening places = Nah.
5. Battle style on SET.
6. No Revives or potions bought either. (No Revives at all though)
7. Nickname all Pokemon. THEY'RE FAMILY NOW.

That is all.

PART 1 - THE BORING OPENING.

Indeed. Now lets skip ahead through this boring opening strait to when I get Pokeballs.
Important non-skippable facts.
- Chose Turtwig as Starter. Now named Everest.
- Name is Seth
- Rival name is Flapjak

This'll just be from the starting route to Jublife, Short'n'sweet.

So I venture bravely into the grass hoping to get anything but Kricketune or Bidoof. I get really lucky and find a female Shinx at level 3! Lucky me!
I prefer the Male Shinx sprite but I s'pose I got lucky anyway, No need to be picky.
I catch it easily and do a lil'dance. That shinx is now called Cheetah.
Now, despite just starting, it is time for....

EPIC GRINDING.

Right, Grinding up Cheetah to level 7 so it can stand a fight in the fights I'll haplessly throw it into.
Boringboringboringboringboringboring INTERESTING....
A Starly tried to Troll me by getting two crit-hits in a row on Cheetah. Luckily I used the potion the mart guy gave me after the first one :D
....Boringboringboringboringboring Done!
To the first proper trainer!
Easy but endless really...Growl-spam is a pain....
Level up for Cheetah! Now level 8!
Next trainer.
Easy as omnomnomable pie.
Next and last trainer.
A little thrown off by the Burmy, I keep forgetting they changed it to that in Platinum...Otherwise no problemo and Cheetah hits level 9 making it equal to Everest!
And finally, Jublife. Other than the grind this has been uneventfull. Expect moar later.

The Team:

Everest.
- Male, Level 9
- Tackle
- Withdraw
- Absorb
- N/A

Cheetah.
- Female, Level 9
- Tackle
- Leer
- Charge
- N/A

I'm currentlly doing a Diamond Nuzlocke

Rules:
Catch first new Pokemon species
Faint= Keep in box FOREVER!
Nickname all (Which I already do)

Pokemon:
Penny the Prinplup
Buddy the Budew
Cruch the Geodude
HM Slave the Bidoof
Spook the Gastly
Marty the Ponyta

Box'd:
Quackers the Psyduck
Slugger the Shellos
Tails the Buizel
Bashy the SHINY Cranidos

Dead:
Feather the Staravia
Luxor the Luxio
Magik the Magikarp
Yogi the Meditite
Nees and Batter the Zubats
Lady Crick the Kricketot

Badges: 2

Haven't played for a month, though.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Nuzlocke Challenge Completed, I'm the League Champion!

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

After the debilitating loss of Omegakarp in our last installment. I had no choice but to rebuild my team.

Eventually I managed to get Lambda the Mareep a high enough level to learn the moveset I want, I let it evolve into Flaaffy, then Ampharos. NuYorkCity, my original Magikarp evolves into Gyarados, and proceeds to learn the moveset I was going to teach Omegakarp.

Once my levels are high enough, it's time to challenge Clair to an ultimate battle. Clair's Gyarados dies instantly to Lambda's Discharge attack. Dragonair pops out, forcing a switch to KappaKappa the Quagsire to negate it's liberal usage of Thunderwave. A close call from Dragon Pulse nearly kills KappaKappa, but thankfully I have a supply of Hyper Potions on hand. A couple key Earthquakes downs the Dragonair. The next Dragonair dies a similar fate.

Now for the hard part: Kingdra. My team lacks any real anti-Kingdra moves; the best I can hope for is neutral coverage, and pray it doesn't take me down with Hydro Pump. KappaKappa puts it to sleep, which lets me switch in NuYorkCity. Unfortunately the giant serpent's Ice Fang isn't even enough to dent the Kingdra, so a switch to Darwin the Umbreon is in order to try to stall it. Unfortunately Darwin has pathetic attacks, and while it has a high defense it won't be out-damaging Kingdra.

Lambda pops back in, but sensing this Kingdra starts to spam SmokeScreen. Three turns later, and not a single electric attack lands. Finally I try Iota the Togetic. In an attempt to finish this, I try to Encore it into a crappy move, so I can switch to a hard hitter. I get stuck Encoring Dragon Pulse. NuYorkCity switches back in, and attempts to wear it down.

And wouldn't you know it, it does, by a hair. Clair's Pokemon are down, so a quick trip to the Dragon Den is all I need.

I proceed to head down to New Bark Town to head to the Elite 4, but I learn the hard way that the story requires you to attack the Kimodo Dancers, then try to capture Lugia to proceed. A quick detour, five Eeveelution kills later, and I'm in Whirl Island. Since I want to try to capture a competitive Pokemon, I just let Lambda take it down with a couple electric attacks.

Now I can head to the Elite 4. Route 27, 26, and Victory Road are largely problem free (Repels help avoid the nuisance wild battles). Even the Rival goes down without a hitch at the end of Victory Road.

Now at last, is Indigo Plateau. After using up all my Rare Candies to get my Pokemon as high a level as I can (they all end up at level 45 going in), it's time to kick some ass and chew bubble gum.

Will's Pokemon don't prove to be a big problem, although you don't want to underestimate Psychic in the least.

Koga is practically clean sweeped by BetaMax, my favorite Typhlosion.

Bruno goes down in a clean sweep, thanks to NuYorkCity doing 6x Dragon Dances on Hitmontop.

Karen unfortunately proves to be difficult. Umbreon goes down after a few rounds, Gengar switches out to bring in Houndoom on BetaMax's Flamethrower attack (thus powering up Houndoom), forcing a switch to KappaKappa. Vileplume I switch to Iota to give it some elite 4 action, and it goes down.

Then disaster strikes. Karen sends out Gengar again versus Iota. I use Extrasensory, hoping for a clean kill, but Gengar has the speed advantage and counters with Destiny Bond. And both go down, hard. :( Murkrow doesn't live long to NuYorkCity, thankfully, but the damage is done to my team.

R.I.P., Iota the Togetic.

Now at last is the part I dread the most. Lance, and his army of Dragonites. And I'm down one Pokemon, which could mean the difference.

First up is Gyarados. Lambda takes it down in a single Discharge.

Then Lance pulls out his Level 50 Dragonite, arguably the hardest to kill in the group. A single Outrage downs Lambda (so much for a lucky Paralyze or a critical Thunder :( ). R.I.P., Lambda.

NuYorkCity pops in, I Dragon Dance once, and Ice Fang it dead. Confident, I predict a quick sweep.

Unfortunately, my overconfidence proves to be my downfall, as I made a major mistake. Because I only used one Dragon Dance, Aerodactyl pops in and, thanks to its speed advantage...ThunderFang. And down goes my best anti-Lance weapon. R.I.P., NuYorkCity.

KappaKappa takes down the Aerodactyl with two Surfs.

Dragonite #2 pops out, this one knows Thunder. However Quagsire doesn't know anything that can really dent Dragonite, so I'm forced to switch. I try a tactic I was hoping to use, BetaMax + Rollout. While Dragonite is weak to Rollout, the strategy doesn't get very far as Dragonite uses Thunder Wave, paralyzing BetaMax on only the second rollout. Another switch is forced.

Darwin pops in. Thanks to Synchronize it will paralyze Dragonite whenever it gets paralyzed, which happens all the time. However while Darwin has a lot of bulk, it doesn't have a lot of attack. I pull out all the stops, using every X Attack, X Defend, X Speed I have in my inventory, keeping it alive with Hyper Potions inbetween successful attacks (and praying Dragonite doesn't crit) before unloading.

Finally after much finessing, Dragonite #2 goes down. And of course Dragonite #3 takes its place. This one knows Blizzard. Thankfully because Darwin has the speed advantage now, and 2 X Attacks under its belt, it can finish off Dragonite without much risk, and does so.

At last comes Lance's final Pokemon, Charizard. Scoffing, Darwin Bites, causing a flinch. A second Bite and Charizard bites the dust.

And Alpha is crowned Pokemon League Champion!

Victorious Survivors
BetaMax, Level 46 (M)
Darwin, Level 46 (M)
KappaKappa, Level 45 (F)

Honored Dead
Iota, Level 45 (M), death by Gengar Destiny Bond
NuYorkCity, Level 46 (M), death by Aerodactyl Thunder Fang
Lambda, Level 46 (M), death by Dragonite Outrage

Other Dead
Eta Meson, Level 16 (F), Death by Voltorb Rollout
PhillipFry, Level 21 (M), Death by Quilfish Rollout
Epsilon 9, Level 30 (F), Death by Electabuzz Thunderbolt
Xilophone, Level 34 (F), Death by Koffing Selfdestruct
Omegakarp, Level 39 (F), *Shiny*, Death by Wobbuffet

Cryo
25 total. In no particular order:
Slugma, Jynx, Gastly, Krabby, Pidgey, Nidorino, Spearow, Aipom, Hoothoot, Abra, Ledyba, Tentacool, Stantler, Koffing, Girafarig, Farfetch'd, Exeggcute, Weedle, Tentacruel, Shuckle, Goldeen, Electrode, Raticate
, Arbok, Rhyhorn

Elite 4 MVP
Without a doubt:
Darwin. His Flinch-inducing Bite, never-missing Feint Attack, Confuse Ray, Synchronize, rediculously high defenses, and limited weaknesses saves the day.

Overall MVP
BetaMax. He survived a surprised, prolonged, and VERY, VERY difficult fight versus the Rival's Croconaw back in Azalea Town. While his weaknesses were easily exploited, his general bulk and high attack made him a force to be reckoned with throughout the entire challenge.

Worst Pokemon, Ever

Need I say more?

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Don't forget, you still have Kanto and Red to go through.

And please do, your playthrough is kind of entertaining. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)