Nuzlocke Challenge

I'm actually done with my nuzlocke run itself, so I'll have the final chapters of mine up as soon as I finish writing them.

I have defeated pryce with only one more loss. Night the venonat died to a critical hit, taking him down from 90% health. I lose out on tinted lens venomoth which isn't the worst thing that happened to me. I was hoping for a koffing from team rocket hq, but ended up with a voltorb. I named him nuke because I like misnomers.

I defeated both team rocket and pryce rather easily and I placed cotton the hoppip on my team. Jumpluff makes a rather good subseeder,with sleep powder. Claire should be fun, any tips for her kingdra?
My team
Croco the feraligatr lv 35
Tesla the magneton lv 34
Darwin the flareon lv 31
Gore the tauros lv 30
Para the pidgeotto lv 30
Cotton the jumpluff lv 30

New cryo
Geoff the girafarig
Nuke the voltorb

New dead
Night the venonat

Update#1
Update#2
Update#3

Episode 4: A Link to the Past

Heading north from Mauville again, I begin thinking "There's some grass, some ponds, and the desert. I better consider which Pokémon I catch closely, so I better watch out for my first battle and make sure it's where I want it to be."

Then, June Rock Smashes a rock and finds a Geodude under it. *sighs*

Pedro the Geodude was caught!

I battle the rest of the trainers on the route, make a turn, and then... Route 112? What?

I check the PokéNav again. I am on a different route. Route 112. You know what that means?

It's Numel Time, Baby! Orson the Numel was caught!

I quickly integrate Orson into the party, and continue my treck towards Lavaridge Town. Unfortunately, Team Aqua's grunts are standing in the way, so I can't use the ski lift, so I take a detour around towards Fallarbor Town and see if I can't discover anything there. On the Fiery Path, I catch Ginger the Grimer.

I rest at that creepy old lady's house, and I hear her going through my stuff during the night, so my party and I leave as soon as we can. Soon, I find myself at the Route 113, and it's covered with ash. Soon, I run into Nadia the Sandshrew and add her to my box. I battle a few more trainers and, after getting the Soot Sack, I use a bunch of Repels to gather Ash to trade in for a Yellow Flute and a Blue Flute.

When I finally come into the Fallarbor Pokémon Center, I see a woman fiddling with the PC in the corner:

"Hello there," she says, seeing my reflection in the screen. "What's your name?"

"It's Purim," I tell her. "What's yours?"

"It's Lanette," she replies. "Nice to meet you."

She holds out her hand in greeting. I freeze.

"I.. I'm sorry. I... lost a friend recently. She... was named Lanette, too."

"Oh... I'm sorry..."

She goes on to mention that it's her PC System that I've been using in her adventure. I make a special request that the PC Box containing my fallen friends be kept very comfortable for them. Lanette complies solemnly. She lets me know that I can visit her at her home on Route 114 if I needed anything. I thanked her, and went on my way.

I battled more trainers, and was able to avoid running into anyone as I went to visit Lanette. When I entered, she was in a video chat with a woman that was familiar to me.

"Oh, hi Purim! How've you been?"

"Fine enough, but who's that?"

The woman on the screen laughed. "Oh, we've met before. I was giving out Pokémon Eggs in Oldale Town a while back."

"You! I got my Aria from you!"

The woman was Bridgette, Lanette's older sister and the woman who gave my Aria's Egg way back when. I called out Aria and showed Lanette how strong the Pokémon she had given me had gotten. Lanette and Bridgette were happy to see a Swablu. "You see, Swablu often roost just outside our house. That's how we got that little one's mother," Bridgette explained over the video chat. She said that she was in a region called Sinnoh at the time, working with a woman named Bebe on the PC System there. Lanette was supposed to work with a man named Bill in Kanto on the PC Systems there. The two were taking a break to chat, though. I thanked Lanette for the visit, and headed outside.

Soon afterwards, I entered a Double Battle against the pair Tyra & Ivy.

I sent out Aria, who was feeling spunky from our meeting, and Orson. Since Aria was flying, Orson could use his Magnitude to hopefully KO Graveler, while Aria KO'd Roselia with Peck.
Well, the first round of the battle went like this.

Aria used Peck! It's Super Effective! But Roselia didn't faint.
Roselia used Growth!
Oscar used Magnitude! Magnitude 8! Roselia fainted and Graveler was severely weakened.
Graveler used Rock Throw. It's a Critical Hit! Aria died.

I stood stunned for a moment, looking at the spot in the air that had contained my baby only a few moments before.

No.

No.

NO NO NO NO NO NO!

She was gone. Just like that. From 100% to gone in one hit.

Rubius and Oscar finished Graveler off with Acid and Ember before anyone else could die.

I held Aria's still body in my arms. And I wept openly.

Balthasar teleported us back to the Fallarbor Pokémon Center, where I placed Aria in Memorium.

In a moment of desperation, I rush back out to 114, and try to catch a new Pokémon. It's a Swablu! But Oscar crits with Ember, so no dice.

So here I sit at the Fallarbor Pokémon Center, trying to pick up the pieces. I heard some rumors about shady people in town, so after I get it together, I'll go investigate. But for now... we mourn the fallen.

Party Pokémon:
Current Party:
June the Grovyle@Miracle Seed
BOLD nature, Met at Route 101 (Lv5)
Lv23
-Fury Cutter
-Rock Smash
-Absorb
-Quick Attack

June is my team's leader and go-to Pokémon. Ever since our close victory over Roxanne, she has been eager to grow stronger and show the world that she is as tough as they come, and is a Pokémon worthy of the Championship. Aria's death comes as a sharp blow to June's confidence, just as things had gone so well for a while. She wept along side me in the Pokémon Center.

Rubius the Tentacool@Silk Scarf
BOLD nature, met at Dewford Town (Lv7)
Lv19
- Poison Sting
- Supersonic
- Cut
- Acid

The source of my party's dissenting opinion, Rubius is the yang to June's Yin, although neither of them are very calm. Rubius struck hard against the Graveller that took the small one's life. He was respectful during the small service we had for Aria, who's life and death he had seen in it's entirety. He hummed "Amazing Grace" while forcing back tears of his own as I placed Aria's Pokéball on the transporter to take her to her final reward.

Balthasar the Alakazam
QUIRKY nature, met at Granite Cave (Lv8)
Lv16
- Teleport
- Confusion
- Disable
- Psybeam

Balthasar is the 'Team Dad' for the rest of my party. Though met after many had assembled, his quick rise to final evolution and his total domination of the Gym Leader Brawly has cemented him in his position of number two to June's number one. Balthasar is paitent, though sometimes a bit silly. His emmense psychic powers give him a unique perspective on events and arguments, and he usually mediates between June and Rubius when the arguments get out of hand. Balthasar cried openly, though silently during Aria's funeral, and blames himself for not being in the battle alongside her, instead of Oscar.
Polly the Minun
TIMID nature, met on Route 110 (Lv13)
Lv20
-Spark
-Thunder Wave
-Quick Attack
-Helping Hand

Polly is hyperactive and charming, and uses her looks and guile to get herself out of scrapes, such as when the others catch her stealing food with her high speed. She usually backs up Rubius in the arguments, but she is prone to taking whichever side helps her more. Polly has become the darling of the party, always able to help out in a pinch when she's needed.

When Aria died, Polly was crushed. She wanted to be sent out, but I kept her back, telling her that Graveler's Type Advantage could kill her just like it killed Aria. Polly cried loudest of all during the funeral for Aria, like she had lost a little sister. The Cheering Pokémon would need cheering up herself, now.

Orson the Numel@Quick Claw
IMPISH nature, met on Route 112 (Lv15)
Lv23
-Magnitude
-Growl
-Ember
-Strength

Orson is the newest Pokémon to join the team, and was on the fast track to becoming popular. His Ground and Fire STAB was really helpful in cutting through Pokémon weak to him. He was slow, but genuinely wanted to help.
Now, the Numb Pokémon has to work under the weight and the blame for Aria's death. Though he cried as well, after the funeral, the rest of the party ended up giving him the could shoulder. Hopefully he can redeem himself to the others, or he'll have to suffer his burdens alone.

Boxed Pokémon
Chad the Wurmple (Lv5)
Wily the Beautifly (Lv16)
Drew the Roselia (Lv14)
Pedro the Geodude (LV 13)
Ginger the Grimer (Lv15)
Nadia the Sandshrew (Lv14)

In Memorium
Lanette the Zigzagoon
QUIET nature, Met at Route 104 (Lv5)
Died at Lv19
- Tackle
- Rock Smash
- Odor Sleuth
- Headbutt

Lanette's presence was rarely felt, due to her quiet nature. However, she usually backed June up whenever an argument occured between her and Rubius. Lanette liked to collect things, and my full backpack was a testament to her ever-growing collection. Lanette thought herself a mentor to Polly, and was close friends with Aria.

She died at the hands of Victoria Winstrate's Roselia with a +2 Mega Drain. Her death frightened the innocent Aria and enraged the trickster Polly. Not even Rubius uses her as an example of the results of June's failed leadership. She was loved and respected by the entire party, and her death left us turning to her love, Fergus.

Fergus the Linoone
MODEST nature, met at Route 116 (Lv7)
Died at Lv20.
When I met Fergus, I was disappointed. Out of all the different Pokémon available on Route 116, I had to find another Zigzagoon when I already had one. I figured that I'd make the best of a bad situation and kept him around for a bit. He ended up finding the Ultra Ball that I would catch Balthasar in. He found many rare and valuable items, trying to help me out and prove his worth in any way he could. Once I had 6 different Pokémon, I deposited him, but he understood that should anything happen to Lanette, he would be returning to active duty. When that day occured, he knew what he must do.

Fergus was modest to a fault, never wanting credit for anything that happens. "It's all happening for a reason" he would tell Polly and Aria. "Don't fret." During his first stint with the party, he struck up a romance with Lanette. He also impressed me with his evasion of Roxanne's attacks, allowing me to save June's life with some potions.

Though he didn't show it, I'm sure Lanette's death played heavy on his mind. He kept reminding us of our destiny to be champions. Maybe he was trying to delude himself.

Fergus, after training with my party and growing to match (perhaps surpass) them in strength, carried my team during my battle with Wattson, doing what he knew Lanette would do if she were still with us. He volunteered to be the first to battle, and wanted to stay in against Voltorb.

Perhaps he knew it would happen. Perhaps he knew the reason he met me on Route 116 that day. He managed to take down two of Wattson's Pokémon that day. One with his strength and skill. The other, by sacrificing himself.

Sleep well, my friend. May you and Lanette look down from above and bless my journey.

Aria the Swablu
HASTY nature, Egg recieved from "a nice place". Hatched at Petalburg City (Lv5)
Died at Lv22
- Peck
- Sing
- False Swipe
- Fury Attack

Aria was the baby of my team, and was June's favorite since Wily was put into retirement in the PC. She hatched while my party was training for Brawly, and hung on the arguments of June and Rubius during her upbringing. She surprised many with how resilient she is to damage, and her sleep moves and False Swipe have made her helpful for making new friends. She was always excited when Polly gets to telling of adventures in the Wild, and is perhaps a bit gullible when it comes to her friendship with the Cheering Pokemon. The death of Lanette shook her to the core, having never seen a dead Pokémon before. She still cries every night before going to sleep, vowing to grow stronger to honor the memory of her fallen friend.

Aria was struck down suddenly and quickly, stunning Oscar, whom she had become friends with while they travelled together. She was taken out of the sky for the last time by a Graveler owned by half of the Jr. and Sr. combination of Tyra and Ivy. She hatched in my arms, and she died under my watch. If there was any time I felt like quiting the Nuzlocke Run due to a death, it would be in the moments following Aria's sudden departure from the world.

My party at the time (June, Rubius, Balthasar, Polly, and Orson) held a funeral for her as we placed her Poké Ball on the transporter for the the final time. I thought we'd make it through to the end, Aria. I'm sorry... so so sorry that you weren't able to see me become champion. I hope I can honor your memory.

The stories are pure win.

Update on my Platinum run:
Caught Ashley the Serious Starly.
Caught Slave the Bidoof.
Kaidan swept Roark after evolving into a Monferno.
Caught NotJesus the Zubat.
Caught a Jolly Intimidate Shinx that I forgot to name.
Ashley swept Gardenia.
Caught Charon the Lonely Gastly.
Killed the evil Purugly that swept my underleveled team last playthrough (not Nuzlocke, though, so I was fine)
Charon had a bunch of near misses while training up until I got the Exp. Share.
Vivi the Modest Serene Grace Togepi (!) hatched on my way to Mount Coronet.
EDIT: Kaidan died to a Geodude's crithax, using up my negation for now.

Party: Kaidan, level 26 Hardy Monferno
Ashley, level 25 Serious Staravia
Charon, level 26 Lonely Haunter
Vivi, level 1 Modest Togepi
Unnamed Shinx that I can't use due to my stupidity
Slave the level 5 Bidoof

Boxed: NotJesus the level 6 Zubat

Dead: none yet, thankfully

*sigggghhhhhh* training for the twins is such an arduous effort
All the high level dudes are in the water, but it's kind of hard to train 4 water Pokemon on other water pokemon.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@R_N
Do you have a Super Rod? Just might save you a little time since you can fish up Lv 42 Wailmers around Mossdeep which can save you having to Surf around a lot. You still have to beat water pokemon though.

Anyway its time for an update

After Violet City I carried on into Azalea Town. After crushing Team Rocket and my Rival I movs on to Bugsy. Earthworm help him off as he curled up into a ball, boosting his defence before unleashing a super powerfull Roll-Out which absolutly destryed Bugsy. I picked up a Zubat in the Slowpoke Well and named it RBG. I also picked up a Oddish in Ilex Forest and named it panamaxis. Heracross (SDS) was also caught in Azalea Town.

Since I had caught a variety of different pokemon I went into training for a while before entering GoldenRod city and taking on Whitney. Whitney was a breeze as SDS took down Clefairy while Earthworm paraflinched + Curl-Rollout Miltank to dealth. Son after a few of my pokemon evolved notably RBG and panamaxis. I also caught a Nidoran (male) and named it Philip7086. It soon evolved into a Nidorino while I searched fruitlessly for a Moon Stone.

My Team.

Jumpluff (Skiploom)
Lv 21
Relaxed
-Headbutt
-Bullet Seed
-Sleep Powder
-Synthesis

panamaxis (Gloom)
Lv 21
Rash
-Mega Drain
-Sleep Powder
-Cut
-Acid

Philip7086 (Nidorino)
Lv 19
Naughty
-Poison Sting
-Peck
-Focus Energy
-Double Kick

SDS (Heracross)
Lv 21
Adamant
-Tackle
-Brick Break
-Horn Attack
-Aerial Ace

Misty (yea I changed its name) (Croconaw)
Lv 23
Naughty
-Bite
-Water Gun
-Ice Fang
-Headbutt

RBG (Crobat)
Lv 25
Docile
-Confuse Ray
-Wing Attack
-Astonish
-Bite

Yeah my team is really annoyance based. I had a Earthworm (Dunsparce) with Glare, Headbutt, Rollout, Defensce Curl but yea. I am pretty statusy

Boxed

Cobra the Onix
Spike the Togepi
Rocky the Geodude
Arachne the Spinerak
Earthworm the Dunsparce

Doing this on Blue, so far I just beat Misty.

Camper (Ivysaur)
Lv 20
Tackle
Growl
Leech Seed
Vine Whip

Shania (Nidoqueen)
Lv 18
Water Gun
Tackle
Scratch
Poison Sting

WEEDle (Weedle)
Lv 3
Poison Sting
String Shot

Izzy (Sperow)
Lv 5
Peck
Growl

Stoner (Geodude)
Lv 8
Tackle

Sandy (Sandshrew)
Lv 6
Scratch

DEAD
Rattata (Vex)
Death By: me using it as a meat shield

Pidgey (Avion)
Death By: Weedle, what else more do I need to say? >_>

So it turns out 2 sharpedo* completely shut down the twins

*Having two of them makes perfect sense in context I swear

So last time I got another easy badge. Let's go get another!
I trecked my way through Route 120 & 121 and oh damn it I forgot about the Magmas >:|
I ran into a Linoone on the way to Lilycove. I figured since PCH0000 died it was cosher. His name is.... PCHOOO.
After getting to Lilycove I felt it was high time Fuerto evolved, so I flew over to Lavaridge to trade and evolve. Machamp counts against the town so no Wynaut for me.

But now for Mt. Pyre.
I forgot that this place was divided into two different areas, the inside maze and the outside path. That's pretty neat touch, really.
I ran into a Duskull but I accidentally killed it (...wait...) so sadly Mt. Pyre is dead (er...). Then I cleared out the Magmas. TO SLATEPORT!

HAVE NO FEAR I AM oh wait they got the submarine.
OKAY BACK TO LILYCOVE.
The Magma Base isn't to hard. A step above Mt. Pyre, though. Made sure to get my Master Ball and Nugget (I ran from the Electrodes because screw that noise) before beating the admin. Seriously, Tabitha? Why would you never you boy that.

On the way out, I got a Tentacool. Named her Jelly.

Before heading over to Mossdeep, I went back to the Safari Zone. After thinking about it, I decided to count each section as a different area. It's only 4 areas and they generally have wildly different Pokemon.

Well basically the haul sucked.
2 Oddishes in area 1 so that's dead.
Area 2 Another Oddish but I did get a Doduo (Duon) so there's that. But I think maybe I should have gone for Psyduck. Ah, well. I was also hoping for maybe a Pikachu...
Area...uh, 3? The Desert I thought would fake me out again with Oddish (THEY ARE EVERYWHERE) but then I ran into a Phanpy! It never ran even after like 10 balls but I got her. Franpy.
Area 4 I couldn't actually get to because I have the Acro Bike and didn't feel like changing it.

So pretty eh haul. Doduos can be useful (I used a Dodrio in Leaf Green Scramble), but Phanpy aren't that great in my experience.

And now Mossdeep. After much weeving and bobbing and repelling I arrived.
After getting the King's Rock I went after the number 1 goal of coming here. Super Rod.

TO ROUTE 118
So the reason I made a point to wait was this: the little river is one of only 2 places you can get a Carvahna. And if it was that, it would be a Sharpedo. So I got my level 24 Carvahna named ......! and now. TRAINING

TRAINING IN THE GYM (OH MY GOD WHY DOES PSYCHIC HURT SO MUCH)
TRAINING IN THE OCEAN (MAGNETON GAINED LIKE TWO LEVELS JEEZ)
MORE TRAINING IN THE OCEAN'S BEACHES
TRAINING BY FISHING oh wait this is important. So I figured I would fish around Mossdeep since it would be high-level critters with lots of exp. And then I pulled up a Sharpedo!
I was a little unsure of how to exactly handle this, honestly.
On one hand .......! would eventually be a Sharpedo. But he wasn't at the time (still off by like 2 levels). So technically it wasn't a repeat. Then I decided to say screw it and go for the thing. Carvahna is so frail one of them would probably die was my thought process.

So I finish my training, teach .....! the Sharpedo & JawsII the Sharpedo Surf, replace the psy-weak members of my party with resistant dudes and also Jelly (With Surf) and decided to give it a go.

LIZA & TATE
The only loss was Jelly.
Sunny Day & Calm Mind on their side while I used Surf & Surf.
Next turn Jelly died from Solrock's Psychic while Lunatone used Calm Mind. JawsII switched to Crunch and in came .....!

So this is the specific reason why I wanted a Carvahna. They completely shut down this leader. Lunatone literally can not hit you. Solrock has the ability to get you, but it will just as likely hit another Pokemon. My very first ever playthrough of Sapphire, a Carvahna saved the day after the rest of my team (who I can't even remember) went down. He evolved afterwords and everything.

So 2 Crunches took down Solrock and I just pecked away at Lunatone.
Super easy. Especially considering ....! was still level 30 and JawsII didn't gain a level past the level 33 he was at when I caught him.

But I felt iffy about bending the rules so much but I had already saved out of habit :\
So I decided to just retire both the sharks early; released JawsII and ......! "died".

Also my punishment is that I now have to get the entirety of my team up from the level 33s to like 40 by the time I deal with Groudon because the level balancing in this game is kooky like that.

edit: I was curious so I checked around. The only other real cases of this sort of thing are Zigzagoon & Linoone (Ziggy died), Oddish & Gloom (every time I've had a chance to run into Gloom it's after finding someone else), Wailmer & Wailord (spoiler I will never fight Wailord because I'm never fishing in those areas), and of course the bitey twins.

Just got to slateport, but before i beat brawly i lost Ichigo the Poochyena :(

I went up to route 110 and got an electrike who i named Hardcore to replace him though, so i still have a full team.

I have:

Skippy - Marshtomp
Drew - Beautifly
Hoshi - Taillow
Bewbs? - Whismer
Ninja Kick - Makuhita
Hardcore - Electrike

Still need a cutter though >.>

Lol was doing this on soulsilver when i decided that i would challenge clair with 5 level 38-39s...

=/

I opened with wisp my misdreavus who used thunder off the bat on gyarados easily taking it out.Then i kept it on on dragonair who, through a combination of dragon pulse and twave manages to almost ko wisp. However having confused it the turn before i made a switch to poli the poliwrath (gogo manga reference) who manages is to finish off the dragonair with strength. All in all i thought i was doing pretty well!

Claire then switches in big bad KINGdra who decides enough is enough. It opens with dragon pulse as i submission for about 1/3 of its health. It then finishes me off with another dragon pulse. From there i switch in Stampy the stantler who gets an early exit with a critical hydro pump. I then switch in Wisp the misdreavus on the off chance it uses hydro pump again and it misses, however despite KINGdra using hydropump i got no such luck.

Unfortunately for me, my least two pokemon werent ideal for fighting water types. I resignedly switch in my golem in the off chance that it (finally) misses its hydropump but i guess thats not its style. I then switch in my last pokemon, Redbull the ninetales. However i soon realise that i still had a chance to win...a critical hit specs hyperbeam...which of course happens! I start rejoicing until i noticed that it had survived with what i would imagine to be less than 1% health (seeing as it was at the point where you couldnt see the red bar) and proceeded to fire off one last hydropump.

rip guys.
=(

Lol was doing this on soulsilver when i decided that i would challenge clair with 5 level 38-39s...

=/

I opened with wisp my misdreavus who used thunder off the bat on gyarados easily taking it out.Then i kept it on on dragonair who, through a combination of dragon pulse and twave manages to almost ko wisp. However having confused it the turn before i made a switch to poli the poliwrath (gogo manga reference) who manages is to finish off the dragonair with strength. All in all i thought i was doing pretty well!

Claire then switches in big bad KINGdra who decides enough is enough. It opens with dragon pulse as i submission for about 1/3 of its health. It then finishes me off with another dragon pulse. From there i switch in Stampy the stantler who gets an early exit with a critical hydro pump. I then switch in Wisp the misdreavus on the off chance it uses hydro pump again and it misses, however despite KINGdra using hydropump i got no such luck.

Unfortunately for me, my least two pokemon werent ideal for fighting water types. I resignedly switch in my golem in the off chance that it (finally) misses its hydropump but i guess thats not its style. I then switch in my last pokemon, Redbull the ninetales. However i soon realise that i still had a chance to win...a critical hit specs hyperbeam...which of course happens! I start rejoicing until i noticed that it had survived with what i would imagine to be less than 1% health (seeing as it was at the point where you couldnt see the red bar) and proceeded to fire off one last hydropump.

rip guys.
=(
Harsh :(

That Kingdra is certainly something I'm worried about for my SoulSilver run as well.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Oh man, that's what you call a brutal defeat. My condolences.

Clair's Kingdra is definitely not to be underestimated. Hopefully your boxed Pokemon will fair better.

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well you could always try what i did...

Typlosion's Specs STAB Blaze Sunlight boosted Blast Burn. Never fails

Well you could always try what i did...

Typlosion's Specs STAB Blaze Sunlight boosted Blast Burn. Never fails
Lv 50 modest 252 specs Blaze blastburn with the sun out against lv 40 no investment kingdra = 73.8% - 86.9%

IS THERE NOTHING THAT CAN STOP THIS THING!

Oh man, that's what you call a brutal defeat. My condolences.

Clair's Kingdra is definitely not to be underestimated. Hopefully your boxed Pokemon will fair better.
Unfortunately once you've been wiped out its gg according to the rules of nuzlocke. Plus that would include waaay too much grinding.

ginganinja

Oh I never said it would OHKO. However I used my tactic in my own HG nuzlocke. Remember that Kingdra cannot really use Hydro Pump when the sun is up (basing this on the fact that she did not use Hydro Pump on Typlosion the whole time the sun was out prefering instead to use Hyper Beam. Granted though her Kingdra is a bitch to take down although Cal in the Trainer House is much harder.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
Update on my Pearl Nuzlocke Challenge

Lv.33 Bonzai Boy (Torterra) @ Cleanse Tag
Mild Nature
Overgrow
-Razor Leaf
-Bite
-Earthquake
-Curse

Lv.31 Kazza (Kadabra (For an even harder challenge)) @ Mind Plate
Quiet Nature
Synchronize
-Psybeam
-Shock Wave
-Grass Knot
-Recover

Lv. 30 Gnasher (Bibarel) @ Quick Claw
Naughty Nature
Unaware
-Return (it's finally happy enough)
-Hyper Fang
-Pluck
-Water Gun

Lv. 30 Puncher500 (Meditite) @ Shell Bell
Naive Nature
Pure Power
-Force Palm (I finally get a decent physcial STAB...)
-Rock Tomb (my accuracy for Rock Tomb is like 67%...)
-Confusion
-Detect

Lv. 16 HM Boss (Bibarel) @ nothing
Naughty Nature (again)
Simple
-Cut
-Rock Smash
-Rollout
-Water Gun

Lv.4 Taliban#06 (Starly) @ nothing
Jolly Nature
Keen Eye
-Tackle
-Growl
-Fly

I just beat Maylene, easy as pi...

Kazza used Psybeam....
Meditite fainted
Kazza used Psybeam....
Machoke fainted
Torterra used Earthquake... (after taking a Force Palm)
Lucario fainted

Easiest Gym battle yet. Even easier than Roark beacuse Razor Leaf would just happen to miss twice against him, yet I still won.

Anyway, I'm still yet to lose any Pokemon :)
But I'm finding myself going to the Pokemon centre about 5x more than my normal playthrough, and also my play time with 3 gym badges is a whopping 15:48!!

Also, one last thing, well 2 actually

1. Are you allowed to use berries? (I'm thinking no)
2. Are you allowed to use PP restoring items? (I really don't know)

Update on my Platinum challenge

I'm in Mt. Coronet about to go to the Distortion World right now. I had no problems whatsoever with Byron or Candice because my team is really strong against Dark/Steel/Rock/Ice. I have way too many Fighting moves XD.

The team:
Kaidan (Infernape) lv. 42 @ Fist Plate
Hardy
-Flame Wheel
-Flamethrower
-Mach Punch
-Close Combat

Vivi (Togekiss) lv. 42 @ Amulet Coin
Modest, Serene Grace
-Aura Sphere
-Air Slash
-Shock Wave
-Roost

Darkheart (Weavile) lv.41 @ Dread Plate
Naive (I think)
-Faint Attack
-Avalanche
-Slash
-Beat Up

Leviathan (Gyarados) lv. 42 @ Nevermeltice
Brave
-Aqua Tail
-Bite
-Ice Fang
-Dragon Rage

Blade (Gallade) lv. 42 @ Mind Plate
-Swords Dance
-Psycho Cut
-Slash
-Drain Punch (yeah... it's the only physical fighting TM I had)

Boxed (only showing relevant ones): Anubis, lv.1 Timid Riolu
Legion, lv. 25 Hardy Porygon
Garrus, lv. 20 Rash Eevee
Mastodon, Calm lv. 32 Swinub
Doom, lv. 28 Quiet Houndour
Gatorade, lv. 20 Bashful Roselia
Psychosis, lv. 19 Sassy Ralts
Electria, lv. 8 Jolly Shinx
Ashley, lv. 31 neutral nature Staravia (Fly/Defog slave)

Dead: Charon the Haunter
FFFFFFFFFF the Geodude
NotJesus the Golbat

Update
Part 0: Adventures of Blue: Nuzlocke Challenge... Begin!
Part 1: Enter Cerulean: True Beginnings!
Part 2: Vs. Misty & Diglett Cave: Farewell, Manny!
Part 3: Sparks Fly Out: Vs. Surge & Illuminating Dark Cave
Part 4: Rocket Casino Conspiracy: Raiding the Rocket Hideout!
Part 5: Using the Silph Scope: Appeasing the Spirit of Lavender Town
Part 6: Double Trouble: Isabelle Vs. The Fighting Dojo and Beauty Erica!
Part 7: Safari Zone Adventure: The Missing Teeth & The Secret House: Ah Howhee Ho Hoo! Eef Ee Hafahi ho!

Current Team:
Squirty (level 33) Bite / Water Gun / Tail Whip / Protect

Lately, he hasn't had very much confidence and has been a bit of a sour puss because he's starting to lag behind in levels. He wants to prove himself to Blue somehow... He refuses to co-operate with anyone on the team.

Isabelle (level 34) Wing Attack / Quick Attack / Whirlwind / Featherdance

A real powerhouse on the team, but that isn't evident from her nurturing and motherly behavior. Though, if anyone makes fun of her ugly haircut she will go berserk.

Freida (level 35) PsyBeam / Sleep Powder / Stun Spore / Poison Powder

Freida has gotten over her trauma, and participates in battles again. Due to her time off spent just with her thoughts, she was able to refine her Psychic powers and learn the powerful PsyBeam attack which brought down the grunts in the Rocket Casino. She's gone back to a more carefree and "go with the flow" attitude, but she takes battles very seriously now. Her powders have proved time and time again to be life savers.

Lucky (Level 36) Thunderbolt / Bite / Double Kick / Sand Attack

Received as an Eevee from some random dude, Lucky is very well-mannered and nice. Quickly proving his worth to be on the team, he evolved in the rocket base to a Jolteon who's proficiency with Thunderbolt has shown that beneath that cute, noble exterior lies a true battler. Due to his lovable nature, he's made friends with everyone pretty quickly (Except Squirty).

Digger (level 33) Dig / Mud Slap / Rock Tomb / Fury Swipes

Remains relatively quiet, and alone with his 3 heads. He's quick in getting the job done. There is a rivalry between him and Squirty, that Squirty kinda made up. Digger thinks Squirty is an idiot.

Paris (level 19) Cut / Flash

Prefer to just chill at Oak's with her friend Jillian, waiting for the team to beat the E4 so she can get a slice of the cash prize. She occasionally rejoins Blue when he needs assistance clearing trees, or getting through Caves. The heavy berry bag is all thanks to her.

Boxed:
Nosferatu the Zubat, level 7
Jillian the Jigglypuff
Geo the Geodude
Volcheck the Voltorb
Eric the Arbok
Venus the Oddish

Fallen:
Manny the Mankey, Level 12

Part 5: Using the Silph Scope: Appeasing the Spirit of Lavender Town

Equipped with the Silph Scope, I head over to Lavender Town. I decide to cut through Saffron City this time but that darn thirsty guard wont let me in!

!

I bribe him with the (now iced) tea that the only lady gave me, and he let's me through. What's this? Saffron City is under Rocket control? Bastards. Just as I thought they were finished after raiding their base under the casino... Oh well, the people of Saffron City can wait. Or, ya know, call the police...

I storm up the tower, Lucky chomping down on any Ghosts that we come across (yay for Bite being special in Gen3)

"o0o0o0o0oh the spirits~~~" says some possessed spiritualist. I slap her out of my way "Lady, I'm in a rush". She falls onto the floor and the evil Haunter leaves her body.

Top floor... Darkness... "o0o0o0o0oh" I put on my Silph Scope on see none other than the ghost of Cubone's mother! :( How sad... Vengeful spirit, you must go to the after life! A powerful Water Gun brings her down and in a moment her spirit is calmed and peace is brought to the tower. She drifts off into the afterlife in peace, "I'll save Cubone, I promise!"

RIP Marowak

I beat up a couple grunts trying to take Mr. Fuji's Pokemon, and I take him back home. As a thanks for saving his life / exercising the spirit he gives me a flute. "wow thanks old man, an instrument I can't even play. -eyeroll-"

The team and I head back to Celadon to finish the gym and as we walk through the deserted streets of Saffron I can hear "hoo-ha!"-ing coming from a... Gym? Dojo?

We step in and KERPOW "Karate Chop!" a Machop strikes at us, but Isabelle strikes faster with her wing knocking it out.

Isabelle and I stand, facing 4 kung-fu fighters... "You dare enter this Dojo!?"

TO BE CONTINUED

Also, one last thing, well 2 actually

1. Are you allowed to use berries? (I'm thinking no)
2. Are you allowed to use PP restoring items? (I really don't know)
Im not sure exactly but I do not use them because the berries and ethers heal you... (rule, healing items of any kind are disallowed)

I finished a couple of Emeralds and Heartgolds, I have never played crystal but if it is your first try at this I would do whichever one of those you think is easiest.

Good Luck.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm backing up my Ipod. I could probably BEAT this Nuzlocke Challenge before it's done. Here's
Detroitlolcat's Emerald Nuzlocke Challenge!!!
Part 4: Meaningless Grinding

Lolcat steps out of Petalburg Pokemon Center, determined to run right through the poisonous Petalburg Woods and avoid being poisoned again. At this point, being poisoned is instant death for a Pokemon, and the dreaded venom has alerady claimed two lives (including Mudkipz!!)

Dashing through the woods, Lolcat returns to the point where he left off earlier...meeting a trainer...

"I Love bugs", said the Trainer.

Hippie the Lotad destroyed the Nincada duo, even though one of them knew LEECH LIFE!!! (OMG Broken)

After taking the 97 cents (pokedollars) from the Trainer, Lolcat plunges deeper into the forest until he escapes.

Back on Route 104, Lolcat picks some Berries and enters the Pretty Stupid Flower Shop, but there was nothing of interest there... Afterward, Lolcat meets some rich snobby prick and murders his Zigzagoon with Mousething. (dammit, I need more than 2 pokemon!!!). The next Trainer was some stupid whore that had a Lotad that couldn't Absorb. Marill has surprisingly good defenses at this point... Also, Shroomish is hard to kill when you have a mono-Water team...
Lolcat steps onto the bridge to Rustboro when he meets a set of twins and the game's first DOUBLE BATTLE
Hippie and Mousething kill a Seedot and Lotad. Not hard, no casualties. The twins fork over some cash, too. Last up, some Fisherman known as the Magik...err...Water Pokemon Expert. Mousething goes ape on some fish fool. Splash might be broken.

Lolcat runs into Rustboro City and heals his Pokemon. Insidethe city, Lolcat notices the first Pokemon Gym, but decides not to take the challenge because his team is low levelled (11 and 11). Lolcat moves northeast, to Route 116, ready to catch yet another Pokemon. And the lucky addition to the team is...

POOCHYENA!!!
The Pooch Pokemon? Lolcat caught it. Next up, a Whismur (awesome Nuzlocke Pokemon). Lolcat named the Poochyena "Poochy", as it is a Poochyena. Lolcat grinds the Pooch four levels omg!!! Also, Poochyena is a bitch to train without Bite. Oh, and did I mention the crappy stats and movepool? If this thing lives past Dewford Town, I'll be amazed. Poochy isn't worth Lolcat's time, so it becomes boxed.

Back on the Route, Lolcat learns once again how hard it is to kill a Shroomish. But first...free Whismur!!! It will be named STFU. STFU will be ground (?) many levels, as it was cought on a measly level 5. But that will happen on Part 5, unfortunately, along with the Roxanne battle.

Peace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)