Move Nuzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering this on Plusle and Minun in my gimmicky doubles team (it works!) BUT... is contact really worth that extra 2 damage? Break their sash but then dozens of abilities and items can suddenly harm them. Tough choice.

Last edited:
Alright. The damage still happens because the move primarily does damage.

No idea why you would want to use a 20 BP move against a sleeping opponent, though. Aside from breaking Sturdy/Sash/Balloon.
Oddly I thinking of ways of having a dual powder effects that can get around traditional counter methods. In this case taunt and pre-existing conditions, so the move wasn't completely wasted if you were out predicted.

Nuzzle works with assault vest while t-wave doesn't. I've been using assault vest Raichu in wi-fi and its surprisingly bulky. Calm nature max ev's with assault vest is 426 special defense. Raichu's speed was also increased from 100 to 110 which helps.

I don't know why anyone would want to taunt a Raichu in the first place. Nuzzle does break sashes, but it's also a contact move, which triggers rocky helmet and so many different abilities. Also Spiky/King's shield, not that you would ever try to Nuzzle Chesnaught/Aegislash.

Nuzzle works with assault vest while t-wave doesn't. I've been using assault vest Raichu in wi-fi and its surprisingly bulky. Calm nature max ev's with assault vest is 426 special defense. Raichu's speed was also increased from 100 to 110 which helps.
This is not the best of ideas. Ground-types easily stomp on you, and you're going to have to sacrifice something in its EV spread to put max EV's into Special Defense. Sure, it spreads paralysis, and then?...

- If you put max EV's into HP, then it won't be strong enough to put a dent in anything with such poor uninvested offenses. And it's also unable to outspeed base 80 Speed neutral-natured Pokemon and base 70 Speed positive-natured Pokemon that have maximum investment.
- If you put max EV's into Speed, then it won't have the ability to tank a hit on the physical side AT ALL and many strong special attacks will still hurt an uninvested base 60 HP stat, not to mention it still hits like a overcooked noodle.
- If you put max EV's into offense (which is really not that impressive), again it is outsped by too much to make a big difference and any moderately offensive Pokemon will easily check you.

Assault Vest Nuzzle Raichu is a gimmick at best, and not a very good one at that.

Its better than t-wave ( unless prankster is involved ) hope it gets a good distribution
So far only electric rodents get this, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was only available for them. Which is a massive shame. It would great for example on Assault Vest users, so it would ignore perma taunt from this item and allow them paralyze Pokemon even with it.

This move's saving grace are the other metagames such as Balanced Hackmons, where it can be used on Assault Vest Pokémon that want to spread paralysis(otherwise, Glare is a better option because it can't be stopped by Ground types).

This is not the best of ideas. Ground-types easily stomp on you, and you're going to have to sacrifice something in its EV spread to put max EV's into Special Defense. Sure, it spreads paralysis, and then?...

- If you put max EV's into HP, then it won't be strong enough to put a dent in anything with such poor uninvested offenses. And it's also unable to outspeed base 80 Speed neutral-natured Pokemon and base 70 Speed positive-natured Pokemon that have maximum investment.
- If you put max EV's into Speed, then it won't have the ability to tank a hit on the physical side AT ALL and many strong special attacks will still hurt an uninvested base 60 HP stat, not to mention it still hits like a overcooked noodle.
- If you put max EV's into offense (which is really not that impressive), again it is outsped by too much to make a big difference and any moderately offensive Pokemon will easily check you.

Assault Vest Nuzzle Raichu is a gimmick at best, and not a very good one at that.
Well, at least it gets Charge Beam.

One could always try breeding them with Electrike or Mareep and see if something hooks, but since the move description involves cheeks, odds are this will strictly be a Pikachu & Co exclusive. Pity.
I hope Jolteon, Mareep or Electrike can get this. Doesn't Electrike have a big slash of yellow up it's cheeks/ears/head? GF why would you do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)