*TacoBell*
Bronzong|Light Clay
Relaxed|Levitate
252 Hp|252 SpDef|4 Def

Light Screen
Reflect
Stealth Rock
Explosion

Evs: Bronzong most of the time goes down to special attacks, so max special defense, max hp is obvious, and the rest go into defense.

Moves: Light Screen and Reflect are wonderful for letting Suicune and Scizor set up, while helping Gengar beat Blissey, as WishBliss can no longer come even close to breaking his subs. Stealth rock helps nail down ohkos, and is very helpful. Explosion helps me take down threats that need to be gone, such as jolteon and machamp.

Final Opinion: Great suggestion by Snorlaxe, I think it will work great :)

*JJ*
Latias|Expert Belt
Timid|Levitate
4 Hp|252 SpAtk|252 Spe

Surf
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power
Dragon Pulse

Evs: There is an old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". This describes JJ's evs, as the tried and true spread of 252/252 works just as well here as it does everywhere else.

Moves: Surf makes Latias a great counter for Heatran, one of the only pokemon who can stop my Scizor from sweeping. Thunderbolt is great coverage, hurting many water types, as well as flying types. The next two moves are what give BaiTias a spot on my team: dragon pulse and hidden power fire. I chose dragon pulse over draco meteor, because Latias is meant to take out Heatran and Scizor, but a draco meteor + the coverage move doesn't ko, while it does with dragon pulse. Hidden power fire baits and kos Scizor, as well as hurting Magnezone and Foretress.

Final Opinion: JJ is a great team member, really drawing and koing the biggest of my team's problems. She will be really hard to replace, but not impossible.

*OU lol*
Scizor|Leftovers
Adamant|Technician
160 HP|176 Atk|172 SpD

Bullet Punch
Bug Bite
Swords Dance
Roost

Evs: Gotten from Snorlaxe also, they allow me to set up on weak special attackers, and give it more bulk overall. The speed isn't really missed. It also helps with the Starmie problem.

Moves: This is where my team takes a little trip to the unique side. Swords dance is amazing at giving him the attack he needs to sweep, while roost lets him nab multiple swords dances on anything that can't 2hko him. Bullet punch is what turned Scizor into the #1 overused pokemon, and what earned him his nickname. Bug bite is what is unique on this set, as with technician and STAB, it reaches 135 base power, much more powerful than any of his other moves. Normally, bulky SD Scizors require brick break or superpower, but with Latias and Magnezone removing Skarmory, Magnezone and Heatran (the reasons for that), they are just not needed. Bug bite also allows Scizor to ko one of his biggest counters, Celebi.

Final Opinion: Scizor is what the team is built around, and won't be replaced, period. Bulky SD was, IMO, the easiest way to sweep. Scizor is the best sweeper, and this is his best set.

*Tsukioni*
Suicune|Life Orb
Timid|Pressure
4 Hp|252 SpAtk|252 Spe

Calm Mind

Surf
Ice Beam
Hidden Power

Evs: *Sigh* I'm getting pretty tired of simple spreads, are you? Anyways, standard spread, gives plenty of speed, as well as plenty of power.

Moves: Very standard as well. Suicine holds an immense amount of power after just one calm mind, and after two or more, can be unstoppable with its natural bulk. Surf is basic, strong STAB, which has excellent neutral coverage, only being resisted by water and grass, which are covered by Tsukioni's other moves. Speaking of coverage, that's what ice beam and hidden power electric are here for, to ko pokemon that resist Suicune's surf, such as Breloom or Vaporeon.

Final Opinion: Great poke, if only it had base 90 speed. Helps get rid of Skarm, which greatly helps Scizor, while enjoing the lack of Blissey due to Magnezone, Gengar and Scizor. This would probably be the second member to change, if any. I was also looking into a bulky, rest talk set

*Gary*
Gengar|Life Orb
Timid|Levitate
4 Def|252 SpAtk|252 Spe

Shadow Ball

Focus Blast
Pain Split
Substitute

Evs: One more time? They give Gary speed, and a ton of power. The last point goes to defense, instead of hp, to power up pain split.

Moves: Once, I played a match of OU against the legendary Negator. He destroyed me, thanks to this same exact Gengar (Video Here). I wanted to try it out even since, and it earned its way onto this team. Now, onto the moves. Shadow ball is basic STAB, and has perfect neutral coverage with focus blast, my other attacking move. Substitute is great, protecting Gary from Scizor, as well as status. Normally, a sub set would use leftovers, right? With life orb, Gengar would lose too much health, and would be easily koed. My last move solves that problem: pain split. When Gary is getting low in health or runs across a Blissey, BAM! This is pretty much the only
Gengar that can beat blissey 1 on 1, as well as weaking the opposing team immensly if it gets a sub up.

Final Opinion: Gengar is great, as he gives my team some much needed speed. He weakens pokemon such as Salamence, to the point where they can be killed with a bullet punch from Scizor. Gary will be hard to replace.

*Maggy*
Magnezone|Choice Scarf
Modest|Magnet Pull
134 Hp|252 SpAtk|124 Spe

Thunderbolt

Flash Cannon
Hidden Power
Explosion

Evs: Finally, the evs get creative! I originally had enough speed to outrun Heatran with max speed and a boosting nature, but I changed it to outrun neutral natured base 90's. Max special attack is obvious, while the rest of the evs are dumped into hp to give Maggy some bulk.

Moves: Thunderbolt is obvious for Maggy, allowing it to ko Skarmory, one of the biggest threats to Scizor. It's also STAB, and who wouldn't have STAB on Maggy? Explosion is great, as it takes down a Suicune who has too many calm minds, or anything that I need gone, fast. When you saw hidden power, I'm guessing you thought fire, right? Well you were wrong, its ground. The reason that I chose ground was to ohko Heatran and Magnezone, which are two of Scizor's biggest counters. It still takes care of all the steels except for Scizor (hurt badly by tbolt, and should already have been koed by Latias) and Skarmory (tbolt is an ohko). Okay, since Scizor already takes care of grass types like Celebi, flash cannon has replaced signal beam, to allow less free switchins, such as choice scarf Flygon, who could u-turn on my team and gain momentum.

Final Opinion: Maggy holds the team together, kind of like gorilla glue. It takes down sweepers that would sweep, and takes out all of Scizor's counters, even Zappy. The only thing that needs to be changed on this poke would be a better nickname (Maggy is LAME) and maybe a better ev spread.

Team summary:
This team has great synergy, with Latias and Magnezone taking out Scizor's biggest counters, while Scizor takes out Suicunes biggest counters, while Gengar breaks down the opposing team until they can be swiftly koed. While it is a great team, there is always room for improvement, and thats where you guys come in :)

*Bold are changes by other users*

Threat List: (stolen from Atticus who stole it from Jabba’s thread which was stolen from KG's thread):

Defensive Threats:

Blissey – Scizor can destroy it, Gengar wins in a 1 on 1, Magnezone can explode.

Bronzong – Scizor can set up on Bronzong, only worring about hypnosis. Suicune can also win. Everything else can do a mild amount of damage, but who really uses this?

Celebi – Scizor absolutely destroys this, Magnezone ohkos, Gengar sets up, Latias can do over 50%, even suicune can ohko at +2.

Cresselia – Scizor owns Cress, Gengar sets up easily.

Dusknoir- Gengar can do a ton of damage, everyone else can chip off a little. No reliable recovery, and not often used.

Forretress – Latias brings it in, and owns with hp fire. Maggy can do a lot to it, Bronzong can set up on it.

Gliscor – Maggy can outspeed and explode, Gengar can shadow ball, but Suicune and Latias absolutely own it.

Gyarados - Latias, Maggy, Suicune. 'Nuff Said

Hippowdon – Hippo is usually a lead, and it can't do anything to Bronzong, who sets up on it. Suicune or most of my specially based team also win.

Jirachi – Lead- just switch to maggy for the trick, and Scizor, Maggy and Latias as well as Gengar can do a lot.

Rotom-A – I'm playing on wifi, so none of these. If I do play with this on shoddy, Gengar or Latias.
Skarmory – Maggy destroys it, so does Latias as well as Suicune

Snorlax – Maggy will explode, Gengar can win 1 on 1, Scizor can win if it doesn't have too many curses. Bronzong walls it and can set up then explode.

Suicune – My own Suicune easily beats mono attacking ones, and Maggy can explode if it gets too many curses.

Swampert – Set up on with Bronzong, otherwise can be played around. Mild threat.

Tyranitar – Gengar destroys it, as well as Scizor and Suicune.

Vaporeon – Vaporeon could be a problem, but just ends up getting owned by Scizor, Maggy and healing Gengar by a lot. Non toxic versions are also set up on my Suicune.

Zapdos – Zapdos counters Scizor quite well, but Suicune does a number, and stealth rocks help a lot.

Offensive Threats:

Azelf – Scizor

Breloom – Basically everyone can outspeed and OHKO.

Empoleon- Maggy wins, Gengar ohkos with focus blast, if it sets up, Latias beats versions with grass knot, Suicune can set up on ones with ice beam.
Gengar – Gengar can ohko, but risks a speed tie, but thats what scizor is for.

Gyarados – Lol Maggy, Suicune. If it just gets 1 dd (which is all it will), suicune isn't ohkod and ohkos back.

Heatran – Gengar ohkos, Maggy ohkos, so does Suicune, it can't hurt Latias either.

Infernape – People still use this? Gengar, Latias, Suicune.
/
Jolteon/Raikou – Maggy will probably have to explode, hp grass versions of raikou can be beaten by latias... Bronzong can explode

Latias – Scizor can win easily, if it has hp fire, Latias, Gengar, Maggy can signal beam

Kingdra – Scizor can set up on outrage, if it gets a DD, Maggy can survive and explode or tbolt, Bronzong

Lucario – Gengar, Maggy, others can survive extremspeed and ohko. Not a threat at all

Machamp – Gengar can do well, Maggy can explode. Medium threat. Bronzong can take a hit, set up reflect, take another then explode

Magnezone – Gengar, Magnezone, Latias

Mamoswine – Suicune can outspeed and ohko, Scizor.

Metagross – Bronzong beats leads, Gengar and Maggy do well otherwise (Suicune without tpunch)

Salamence - Suicune can bait outrage, and then Scizor can set up, or Maggy can explode. Latias can handle non DD versions. Bronzong

Scizor – Magnezone, Latias, Suicune

Starmie – This outspeeds and hurts most, but can't ohko. Kind of a threat.

Tyranitar – Bronzong, Scizor, Gengar

Weavile – SCIZOR

Zapdos – Suicune or explode with Maggy. Latias and others can do damage. Stealth rocks help alot. Bronzong can explode also

well, i thought empo was being used as a suicide lead but i was wrong

the problem i have with this though is that he's slow, yes he is bulky but a lot of leads either carry taunt (aerodactyl, infernape, azelf), or a ground/fighting move (infernape, aerodactyl, swampert, machamp, etc)

also, so getting SR up is kinda hard for him when he is one of the slower leads out there (yes there are slower leads (bronzong, machamp, a few others)) those guys are usually a little bulkier or are quite a bit better offensively

i usually go swampert or aerodactyl as my leads since they do their job better than pretty much everyone

swampert is a bulky lead, like empo, but only has to worry about roserade OHKOing him (i'm ignoring obscure leads), and also doesn't need to run focus sash and can provide better late game sweeping as his lead set and offensive set don't differ that much

aerodactyl is a suicide lead, basically, you can ignore his synergy as he usually doesn't live past the 2nd poke sent out, he taunts and sets up SR, then dies usually, his job is complete and only scarf leads beat him out (like jirachi, who pretty much is the only scarf lead i think), fake out can cause problems but he will still get SR up (basically infernape can mess him up a little bit)

empoleon is a good lead, but i feel that aero and swampert are much better leads, there are many others to choose from as those are my most common leads, the choice is up to you

Thanks for the suggestion dude, but I feel that empoleon is better for my team. It counters about 9 out of the 10 top leads today. Swampert can't do enough offensively for my needs, while aero just isn't a good lead anymore.

Empoleon can ko the fast leads with hydro pump and aqua jet, and it is like the 5th fastest popular lead.

It seems you rely too much on "Maggy". what happens if they have a jirachi scarf lead and also have Raikou and Snorlax+Machamp to follow...
I recommend switching Bug Bite on Scizor to X-Scizor, people wont use many berries other than lum, which you wont need.

It seems you rely too much on "Maggy". what happens if they have a jirachi scarf lead and also have Raikou and Snorlax+Machamp to follow...
I recommend switching Bug Bite on Scizor to X-Scizor, people wont use many berries other than lum, which you wont need.
Bug Bite is stronger thanks to Technician.

Bug Bite is stronger thanks to Technician.
Mudkip- Magnezone isn't really relied on that much, jirachi is easily handled. Maggy handles lots of threats, but others can take them if Magnezone fainted.

Ray- Yeah, bug bite is 135 power, and xscissor is base 120.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello! This is a very nice team but I feel like there are some kinks to be worked out.

First off, to be honest I'm not a huge fan of your Empoleon lead. Yeah it takes down random shit like Azelf, but it doesn't do a whole lot for your team. Like really I think it just takes out the other lead and then dies. I feel like instead a Dual Screens Bronzong lead could be a nice fit on your team. Bronzong can support your team wonderfully, as offensive Suicune is a monster under Dual Screens. It can also be very helpful for letting Scizor set up, and just lets your Pokemon take hits from powerful threats better. Go for a set of Reflect | Light Screen | Stealth Rock | Explosion, an EV spread of 252 HP | 252 SpD | 4 Def, and a Relaxed nature with the item Light Clay and the ability Levitate. Generally you'll want to use Light Screen first as most of the Pokemon that can damage Bronzong are specially based.

Something that you may want to try is a Specially Defensive Scizor variant. It can allow you to set up quite a bit more easily, and since yeah the focus of your team is Swords Dance Scizor anything that can let it set up more easily which is always good. Go for a spread of 160 HP | 176 Atk | 172 SpD. The EVs allow you to take hits much more easily from obnoxious special attackers like Vaporeon and Starmie and others that can stop you from setting up. It also gives you another reliable means of switching in on Choice Specs / Life Orb Latias's Draco Meteor, which is cool because then you can set up on them as well.

Uhh so I'm not really the best at EV tweaking, but your Magnezone's EVs do seem somewhat off to me. You're probably going to want it to be outspeeding positive natured base 90s (as opposed to neutral natured base 90s like you currently are) so that Jolly Lucario can't slip past you and smash you with a Close Combat before you even get a chance to attack it. You can also try out Flash Cannon over Signal Beam; Signal Beam really doesn't hit anything harder than Magnezone's other moves dont, barring Celebi. Celebi is already hit hard by / set up on by Scizor anyway, so it isnt a huge concern to address. Flash Cannon gives you a secondary source of STAB, and lets you hit ground types as well, which is important for a Choice-user so as to not let opposing Pokemon setup.

Hope I helped, and just PM me if you have any questions having to do with my suggestions! P.S. that is a fantastic Gengar set, I must try it sometime soon! ;)

I used to use Empoleon as a lead, but the main problem would be its consistency and EQ weakness. Believe it or not, hydro pump is out to get you, and even though you can SR while they EQ and torrent, it will let you down, and you will lose a valuable poke 20% of the time.

An obvious choice for a lead who can get SR up and damage the other team without suiciding is mixpert. Jirachi can also t-wave and use bulk to get up SR.

Hello! This is a very nice team but I feel like there are some kinks to be worked out.

First off, to be honest I'm not a huge fan of your Empoleon lead. Yeah it takes down random shit like Azelf, but it doesn't do a whole lot for your team. Like really I think it just takes out the other lead and then dies. I feel like instead a Dual Screens Bronzong lead could be a nice fit on your team. Bronzong can support your team wonderfully, as offensive Suicune is a monster under Dual Screens. It can also be very helpful for letting Scizor set up, and just lets your Pokemon take hits from powerful threats better. Go for a set of Reflect | Light Screen | Stealth Rock | Explosion, an EV spread of 252 HP | 252 SpD | 4 Def, and a Relaxed nature with the item Light Clay and the ability Levitate. Generally you'll want to use Light Screen first as most of the Pokemon that can damage Bronzong are specially based.

Something that you may want to try is a Specially Defensive Scizor variant. It can allow you to set up quite a bit more easily, and since yeah the focus of your team is Swords Dance Scizor anything that can let it set up more easily which is always good. Go for a spread of 160 HP | 176 Atk | 172 SpD. The EVs allow you to take hits much more easily from obnoxious special attackers like Vaporeon and Starmie and others that can stop you from setting up. It also gives you another reliable means of switching in on Choice Specs / Life Orb Latias's Draco Meteor, which is cool because then you can set up on them as well.

Uhh so I'm not really the best at EV tweaking, but your Magnezone's EVs do seem somewhat off to me. You're probably going to want it to be outspeeding positive natured base 90s (as opposed to neutral natured base 90s like you currently are) so that Jolly Lucario can't slip past you and smash you with a Close Combat before you even get a chance to attack it. You can also try out Flash Cannon over Signal Beam; Signal Beam really doesn't hit anything harder than Magnezone's other moves dont, barring Celebi. Celebi is already hit hard by / set up on by Scizor anyway, so it isnt a huge concern to address. Flash Cannon gives you a secondary source of STAB, and lets you hit ground types as well, which is important for a Choice-user so as to not let opposing Pokemon setup.

Hope I helped, and just PM me if you have any questions having to do with my suggestions! P.S. that is a fantastic Gengar set, I must try it sometime soon! ;)
I used to use Empoleon as a lead, but the main problem would be its consistency and EQ weakness. Believe it or not, hydro pump is out to get you, and even though you can SR while they EQ and torrent, it will let you down, and you will lose a valuable poke 20% of the time.

An obvious choice for a lead who can get SR up and damage the other team without suiciding is mixpert. Jirachi can also t-wave and use bulk to get up SR.
Snorlaxe- Thanks man, for the great rate :) I'll try out that Bronzong lead, as well as the new Scizor spread, but since Magnezone is my second line of defense against Lucario (Gengar), I prefer the more bulky spread. Thanks again!

Eggbert- Check out the update ^^

Keep the great rates coming guys!

Gotta say, no recovery or lefties on Latias is a bit sketchy.
Other than that though, looks great!
Sub-Painsplit Gengar is a nasty surprise for your opponents.
I'm kind of concerned about a set-up sweeper like Suicune with Life Orb AND no Rest. I mean, it's bulky but it worries me.
Also, when your lead gets taunted by Azelf it's all over; you're forced to explode.
Now, I don't play OU but isn't taunt-sash Azelf the most common lead? I really don't see how you could prevent this, just figured I'd point that out.

I think the main reason people scarf magnezones is to outrun lucario. I would definitely look into investing enough EVs to outspeed jolly lucario. I think outspeeding jolly lucario would be more important to you than obtaining a few hp points on your magnezone. This is accomplished by a spread of 252 SpA, 196 Spe, 62 HP on a modest scarf magnezone.

I think the main reason people scarf magnezones is to outrun lucario. I would definitely look into investing enough EVs to outspeed jolly lucario. I think outspeeding jolly lucario would be more important to you than obtaining a few hp points on your magnezone. This is accomplished by a spread of 252 SpA, 196 Spe, 62 HP on a modest scarf magnezone.

Gengar is for sure the #1 lucario counter, as it can't be CC'd, Extremspeeded and outruns. I really don't need to outrun jolly like, as gengar is a great counter. I would rather have the bulk.
Thanks for the suggestion though!

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
Hey. I honestly don't see what Latias is doing, seeing as how Magnezone traps Scizor anyway. Latias is basically just a lure for this team, when you already lure in Scizor with Gengar, and then finish it with Magnezone. Tbh, I think a sweeper could be put in Latias' spot, something that hits hard, lures in Scizor for Magnezone to take care of, as well as fuck up stall. A DDTar using Taunt accomplishes all of this, while still providing an answer to Heatran. Should you be playing on Shoddy, it also beats the Rotom forms as well, only fearing a burn. Taunt stops any set-up sweepers trying to set up on you cold, as well as Skarmory or something trying to Roar you. While it may be true Latias is a great answer to Infernape, Suicune can still be a great answer if you run Leftovers over Life Orb, to add durability to set up on random shit better. The two moves for Tyranitar should suit your teams needs, while orovide optimal coverage. For Wi-fi, the best moves are probably Stone Edge and Earthquake, because you don't need Crunch to hit Rotom hard. With Stone Edge, you hit shit like Salamence a lot harder. For Shoddy, just stick with Crunch and Earthquake, to hit Rotom harder. Anyway, hope I helped and good luck.

The sandstorm from ttar really messes up gengar, and hurts suicune. Suicune with leftovers kinda kills the point of offensive cune, which makes my lead lose its effectiveness.

I might try another sweeper over latias, if testing shows its not that effective. Maybe a different version of latias, such as sub CM.

Thanks for the rate though!

Hiya!

Got your VM. When I viewed this in-depth, I saw that you have Bait Latias and Gengar on the same team. IMO, your Latias seems repetitive. Have you considered maybe ScarfTran or Scarf Flygon? It would help against some variants of Jolteon and Raikou.

I can't really say much more, since it looka like you got a lot of decent rates already. Good luck.

10 out of 10 hands down couldnt see eneything wrong with this team.I love that latias its so diffrent I might have to take that from you *sorry* but you will have credit where credit is due.

Careful, here. Once Latias is gone( and it's not that hard with tons of Weaviles, Scizors etc running around) your team is bait for an Azelf sweep. Before you say "Scizor" Azelf WILL survive a Bullet Punch and OHKO back with Flamethrower(it could be Expert Belt.) and proceed to pwn the entire team. Any priority move anywhere could pretty much solve that, imo. Sorry for the poor rate but I am in a hurry- Weavile could be a good choice on this team btw. Salamence could own a lot if it gets a DD(which it can on Magnezone) and Weavile will help that too.

The team looks great. I know i'm not doing a in depth RMT. But honestly, It is very good.
The Only problem i see. is that Empoleon isnt a good enough lead. you already have a steel type and a water type too. And also swapping him for BronZong is a Taunting leads dream. Mind you i havent done the stats on what your Emp can kill, so i Might be wrong and you do seem pretty confindent with him. I Will have to look into it.

I did the stats and Empoleon Is actually a suprisingly good lead. He is still stopped dead in his track by the Anti-lead Infernape as i expected. And that 80% accuracy is a little bit shaky. Apart from that its good.

raddaya- I think that a weavile could fit nicely in here, but nothing can really be replaced. I don't really fear an azelf sweep, as suicune dosen't get ohkod by psychic (IIRC) flamethrower or hidden power.
I might go for that weavile, if you had a good suggestion of what to take out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)