Gen 5 offensatio

FNH

F is for Finchi, N is for Nator, H is for Hater
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Hello there, this will be my second RMT I have made and I promise this one to be much better then the other one I made which kinda sucked. This team is one of my favorites, I used it quite often actually, though I don't play in tours. I decided to RMT it for two reasons: one, I try to make an RMT every year and two, the team is old and getting out dated a little. This team really caries my style and preference in building, especially considering all I run is HO. It just seems nice to play with. The team hasn't won anything big or been played by great players but it is a personal favorite so here it is!

Building Process:

Well the team started with some inspiration from one of my favorite builders Reymedy. The guy really comes out with some cool stuff, and the starting point came from his old RMT.

Started with the Keldeo/Breloom and a pursuiter core. Simple yet beautiful.

From there I added a steel type to take some Outrages and Draco Meteors

On the third step I added Latios because Keldeo and Breloom aren't exactly the greatest mons to swap into water over and over then continue on to sweep.

Last but not least I added Landorus-Therian. Gives me another great swap into Physical moves with intimidate, sets up rocks, and gives me a ground type for Jirachi. I could have played Garchomp in this roll but Landorus-T just seemed so right here.

THE TEAM:

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 180 HP / 120 Atk / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

I love this guy. fits so well and sets up stealth rock and helps keep the team together with his surprising bulk and intimidate. He also provides me with a pivot to grab some momentum. I run enough speed to beat hydriegon who is extremely popular in the current meta and keep as much health and power as possible. Like I said earlier, Garchomp was playable over him for this position, but Landorus-T's intimidate, Attack Stat, Bulk and access U-turn made me play him over Garchomp.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Icy Wind

Arguably one of the best in tier, especially with pursuit support. Rather standard 252 spread. With his counters out of the way he can come in and destroy almost every mon in the tier. I guess I should be running HP Ghost but this is what the team has on it and it works to help him break some of his counters himself.

Weavile (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Night Slash
- Pursuit
- Low Kick

Weavile carries out his one job on this team so well, break all the walls for Keldeo and Breloom, except for Amoongus. He comes in on one of Keldeo's or Looms counters and can pursuit trap them, except for Jellicent who gets night slashed. Low Kick grants increased coverage for him. I had the option for Ice Punch but Night Slash was put there so I can hit Jellicent hard, he seems to like to stay in and burn me. Ice shard is standard, lets me revenge Dragons looking to spam broken moves. Overall Weavile plays a vital roll in the strategy of the team.

Breloom (F) @ Fighting Gem
Ability: Technician
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Focus Punch

I love this guy, absolutely love Breloom. Seriously he can destroy so many builds. Pretty much I use the same set that Reymedy uses in both of his RMTs because his set works so well. I use to run swords dance on him but the Focus Punch hits so insanely hard that I had to swap over to it. The set is pretty easy to understand, spore your opponent on their swap then focus punch as they to their next best counter. Easy. For the team Breloom fills the gaps in the total coverage and brings some valuable priority to the table.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Draco Meteor
- Surf

Damn, he may be so easily countered by Tyranitar, but ah hell his dragon typing is so good, giving me so many beautiful resists, allowing my team to switch around on opponents. I had to add him because I never saw Keldeo and Breloom as great water swaps especially swapping them into scald, risking the burn essentially ruining both of their sweeps. To be honest I don't know if I would have run Specs had the team been built the team recently, but they are what he has and it works.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Calm Mind

Jirachi can in as my dragon resist, Draco Meteor taker. Yet he somehow evolved into the CM Jirachi. How it got that way I don't remember, but I love him this way. i have really wondered whether he should be the Phsychic/Grass Knot/HP Fire set so I have something that breaks Amoongus and Roserade, but when I pulled the team out of the archive this is the set he had.

Well there it is. Not an original team but one I love and I hope you liked it. Thanks for reading!

TEAM SHOUT OUTS:

MoxieInfinite -you didn't help me build it but you have been one of my closest friends here and one of the two reasons I am still around.

Bahawin - You are the other reason I am still around. You helped me build this team, you have helped me build about 90% of my teams. TY man.

Shoka - Didn't even know you when I built the team. Thanks for helping me play better even though I don't take the game very seriously.

Cosine180 - Didn't know you either when I made this team, but what ever you deserve a shout out man!

IMPORTABLE

Weavile (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Night Slash
- Pursuit
- Low Kick

Breloom (F) @ Fighting Gem
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Focus Punch

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Surf
- Icy Wind

EVs: 180 HP / 120 Atk / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Draco Meteor
- Surf

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Calm Mind

Last edited:
Hey, look like a nice BW offense, but you lack a good win condition and a good lead.

I suggest you to change both of Jirachi and Landorus-T set and use these sets instead :

Jirachi @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Rash Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icy Wind
- Thunder
- Iron Head

EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Jirachi take the role of lead perfectly due to access of stealth rock and good bulk. Icy Wind + Shuca Berry is really useful against Garchomp and Landorus-T, when Thunder + Iron Head work great for the famous paraflinch.

Now that you don't longer need SR on Landorus-T, you can use the DD set that perfectly fit on your team, giving you both check to physical attacker and a win condition.

Also, Icy Wind is not a good option on Scarf Keldeo since it fail to okho many pokemon. HP Ice is a better option overall.
On Weavile : EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 216 Spe so you don't take extra damage from LO.
On Breloom : EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 140 Spe in order to live any hit from scarf Keldeo, and the extra speed is not necessary

You may also want to change your current Latios set by an Expert Belt Latios :
Latios @ Expert Belt
EVs: 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hey, i do have some suggestions for the team :
  • I don't really like Jirachi with this set in your team, it can even beat or force out an Lati@s when Scarf or SpeDef set can. this set can't even lure an specific threat for one of your mon so i think you should drop it for either of SpeDef one or Scarf one (use Expert belt/Specs or an gem on Keldeo).
  • The Breloom spread look like good but i don't like it, since you aren't using the Focus Sash, i think atleast its very good to speedtie with Specs/E-Belt Politoed, the spread i'll give you allow you to leave an Ice Beam from Scarf Politoed and to speedtie with Specs/E-Belt variant.
  • Scald should be always used on Keldeo (unless its the CM variant which doesn't need it always), even more if you are using Surf which kinda sucks since it doesn't matter when you have Hydro Pump for damage and Scald for burn/finish an mon or just hit an weakness.
  • I don't think this Landorus-T spread is very usefull; personally, when i'll play Hydreigon, its always with an positive nature + speed since i'm not really seeing the utility of the extra power (without Superpower for exemple, i'll use spikes to weaken Heatran/Tyranitar and its not your nature will change much), use more speed or less speed to only outpace specific threat.

EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Breloom @ Fighting Gem
EVs: 112 HP / 144 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- U-turn
- Wish

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

I don't really know this metagame too much but i hope atleast one of my change helped you, good luck with your team.

FNH

F is for Finchi, N is for Nator, H is for Hater
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
  • I don't really like Jirachi with this set in your team, it can even beat or force out an Lati@s when Scarf or SpeDef set can. this set can't even lure an specific threat for one of your mon so i think you should drop it for either of SpeDef one or Scarf one (use Expert belt/Specs or an gem on Keldeo).
Well I built the team forever ago so I don't exactly remember why i am using the CM set and it really should be the psychic/grass knot/ Hp fire set and you didn't suggest a new set or mon there so I will keep that for now, but if anything Lyconik has the better suggestion with running him as Shuca lead and making Landorus-T the DD set, which can kiss some ass.

• The Breloom spread look like good but i don't like it, since you aren't using the Focus Sash, i think atleast its very good to speedtie with Specs/E-Belt Politoed, the spread i'll give you allow you to leave an Ice Beam from Scarf Politoed and to speedtie with Specs/E-Belt variant.
Well no, I am not going to sacrifice the power all to take a ice beam from scarf Politoad when Keldeo can take one from Politoad for less damage, same with Jirachi. Yet once again Lyco gets it right with his spread(damn he is on a role),so that is the one that should be used.

• Scald should be always used on Keldeo (unless its the CM variant which doesn't need it always), even more if you are using Surf which kinda sucks since it doesn't matter when you have Hydro Pump for damage and Scald for burn/finish an mon or just hit an weakness.
I'll give you this one, a scald burn can be pretty damn nice and there isn't that much extra power given to you by surf. To be honest I just like surf, but your idea of running scald isn't half so bad.

• I don't think this Landorus-T spread is very usefull; personally, when i'll play Hydreigon, its always with an positive nature + speed since i'm not really seeing the utility of the extra power (without Superpower for exemple, i'll use spikes to weaken Heatran/Tyranitar and its not your nature will change much), use more speed or less speed to only outpace specific threat.
Well I think beating modest Hydriegon is essential because not much can swap into him reliably, so me being faster allows me to get a u-turn on him then I am going to keep the spread, and to be frank you are probably the only guy who is running him timid, which means you are missing out on the incredible power the set gives you. If I changed the team drastically I would once again follow the ideas of Lyco who gave me a damn good rate and make Jirachi shuca, Landorus DD. I appreciate your rate and thanks for the ideas!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)