SM OU Offensive team using some of my favorites!

How is the team

• Total voters
Hey guys, just popping in to drop a fun team I've been using. This is my attempt at a hyper offensive team. The main goal is to get Lucario set up to sweep through their team. I use my two other sweepers as baits and sweeps in their own right, with Alakazam specifically meant to lure dark attacks that Lucario can switch on. Forretress is also good for taking down threats that otherwise scare the whole team.

lucario.jpeg

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch Poison Jab
The star of the show. Lucario is my main way to take down any threat that comes my way. The whole idea of the team is to get him out and safely boosted so he can ram through entire teams with extreme speed. If I can force a switch when I throw him in, I'll happily set up with a swords dance, but tossing him out against a dark move works as well, so if I cant force a switch I rely on that instead.

Hydreigon.jpeg

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Roost
My next Sweep. Hydreigon can do just fine against pokemon on their own, with Dragon pulse as his STAB being really effective against plenty of pokemon. He also uses Flash Cannon and Flamethrower to lure all of his Weaknesses except fighting. He takes down a good amount of threats that may stop Lucario in his tracks, as well as busting straight through any Physical walls in his path. Roost is used to keep him up for longer so he can beat them down more

Alakazam-Mega.jpg

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
Alakazam is on here for about the same reason as Hydreigon, with the added benefit of making dark luring a cinch, since it hurts him so much. Psychic is used as a powerful STAB, with Dazzling Gleam luring out dark types (Dazzling Gleam being used over Focus blast due to reliability and Mega Sableye) and Shadow ball taking down other Psychic types that try to switch in. Recover is used to alleviate the wear and tear he takes

Tornadus.jpeg

Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Tailwind
Torn is on here mainly for utility and a bit of coverage. Tailwind assists all of my sweepers, as double speed never hurts when you're trying to kill everything. Knock off is used to take out key items mons may have. U turn is used to deal a bit of chip as you pivot out of a bad matchup, or into a dark type move for Lucario. Hurricane is just STAB. He also runs with a Z move to surprise and take out anything that may annoy the rest of my team, or just as a last resort against a powerful but slow mon.

Gliscor.jpeg

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 76 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice fang
- Roost
A rocks setter and general annoyingly hard to kill mon. He basically works with Forretress to ruin any leads day. He stops Heatran in its tracks with earthquake, as well as Lando T with Ice fang, which also serves to check any grass types that dare try to set up in his presence. I originally ran Toxic on him, which is likely the better set, but I have a lot of trouble with Lando T otherwise, so there it is.

Forretress.jpeg

Forretress @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin
I love this little guy. He uses earthquake to take down any grounded fire types that may switch in to try and take him down, as well as taking out steel types that can annoy this team at times. Spikes to punish anyone trying to chip him down. Explosion (with priority in his tier) either for if he gets low on health, he's done dropping Spikes, or someone tries to defog (he doesnt like defoggers). Rapid Spin is to remove any hazards the other lead may try to set. all in all, he's basically a pokemon that does its thing, and even if you stop him he flips you off and tries to take you down with him.

Last edited:
Hello, I am not that experienced with strategique pokemon but could you explain me why crunch over meteor mash? I don’t see what crunch hit’s that isn’t took down by other moves? Yes meteor mash has an accuracy of 90 and crunch 100 but meteor mash is stronger (135 with STAB and crunch only 80) also meteor mash can raise your attack by 1 (I think it’s only helpfull when you’re boosted by justified) and it hit’s fairy’s super effectively like clefairy and tapu lele.

Sorry if I made mistakes I’m still learning english
And where did you get those pictures, I really like alakazam’s.

Hello, I am not that experienced with strategique pokemon but could you explain me why crunch over meteor mash? I don’t see what crunch hit’s that isn’t took down by other moves? Yes meteor mash has an accuracy of 90 and crunch 100 but meteor mash is stronger (135 with STAB and crunch only 80) also meteor mash can raise your attack by 1 (I think it’s only helpfull when you’re boosted by justified) and it hit’s fairy’s super effectively like clefairy and tapu lele.

Sorry if I made mistakes I’m still learning english
And where did you get those pictures, I really like alakazam’s.
Oh, that was actually a mistake lol. I meant to put Poison Jab on there to cover some of the pokemon people try to switch on him. I'll fix that.
and to answer your question about where I found the pictures tbh I went to google images then looked up the pokemon name and added cool to the end

Ok I didn’t know that by adding cool you can really get cool pictures of something.
And sorry if this is disturbing you but why poison jab over meteor mash?

Ok I didn’t know that by adding cool you can really get cool pictures of something.
I like to have coverage on my pokemon to surprise common switch ins. Poison jab takes care of fighting types that otherwise can occasionally stop me in my tracks. specifically Mienfoo destroys my team without it, because even if I switch Alakazam in its powerful enough to 2HKO it anyway. I already have checks for ground and fire types in multiple other mons on the team

Probably for Fini, which is 2HKOd by P-Jab after a swords dance, tanks a hit and can't be burned by Scald thanks to terrain. Gets rid of defensive Bulu before an SD, not getting forced out by Volc, and generally has good coverage.

Also, since we haven't really focused much on the team, time for my analysis!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucario:
I really don't know how to run Lucario in OU, but I won't change it because
he seems to be a favorite of yours. You could try bullet punch to hit Mega
Diancie, but it doesn't hit much else.

Hydregion:
Glad to see this guy get some usage :)
I thing you would do better with a Specs set. If you do make this change
then you'll need U-turn over Roost, and put Draco Meteor over Flash⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ hi
Cannon for a strong nuke. You could also change Flamethrower to
E-Power to OHKO Koko and Tran.

Zammy:
Okay, you've got a nice method of cleaning and some good Speed Control
here. The set is fine, and I while I understand your annoyance with Focus
Miss, not using it leaves you hard walled by Heatran, who your team doesn't
really like dealing with (particularly Z-Tran, which traps and eliminates Gliscor,
might tank a hit from Lucario, and then sweeps through your team when
those 2 are down). But your prerogative.

Tornadus:
Not that bad of a set, but please get rid of Tailwind. Your mons are fast enough
to not need it, and your team sorely needs a defogger. So change Tailwind for
Defog. Otherwise you're good.

Gliscor:
The set is fine I guess, but what's the speed for? I think there is something⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ferro best unova mon
you should change but I'm not sure what. Have you experimented with
other sets?

Forretress:
Hey, I love the little nut too :) But alas, in the OU tier he finds himself horribly
outclassed by Ferrothorn, with its Electric resistance, acess to leech seed and
overall better bulk, and Toxapex, who sets up Toxic Spikes (one of the main
reasons to use Forretress) easier while also being a great glue mon. I encourage
you to try the standard Ferro set, with the moves I chose to support your team better.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Protect because screw Lucha. And Medi. Lopunny too, come to think of it.

Good luck with your team!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bye

I like to have coverage on my pokemon to surprise common switch ins. Poison jab takes care of fighting types that otherwise can occasionally stop me in my tracks. specifically Mienfoo destroys my team without it, because even if I switch Alakazam in its powerful enough to 2HKO it anyway. I already have checks for ground and fire types in multiple other mons on the team
Even though Poison resists Fighting, Fighting is not weak to Poison. Also, Mienfoo is only dangerous in Little Cup, while its evolution Mienshao (who I assume you intended to name) is very rarely used in OU, so being weak to it isn't something to worry about.

I'd change most of the natures of your Pokemon. I would change Lucario's nature to Jolly in order to outspeed Excadrill outside of Sand and Mamoswine. I would also definitely change Alakazam's nature to Timid in order to outspeed Mega Lopunny (a Fighting-type that's actually relevant) and Ash Greninja. Hydreigon has no physical moves, so it should run Timid instead of Hasty (also move those 4 Attack EVs into a defense stat). Tornadus does have physical moves, but it mostly just uses them for utility, so make that Timid as well. Forretress doesn't have Gyro Ball, so you can run Impish instead of Relaxed.

Another idea for Forretress is to make it offensive. Running 252 Attack EVs and an Adamant nature gives Earthquake and Explosion some extra punch, notably allowing Forrestress to OHKO Heatran most of the time (bulky sets can sometimes survive).
252+ Atk Forretress Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 356-420 (92.2 - 108.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO, guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Forretress Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 356-420 (110.2 - 130%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Running some speed is also a possibility. 252 Speed EVs will let you outspeed most variants of Mega Mawile, 204 lets you outspeed Magearna without speed investment, and 168 lets you outspeed Iron Head AV Magearna.

Finally, regarding Meteor Mash vs Poison Jab. I've gone through every mon on the OU Viability Ranking and determined the best move to use against it (between Close Combat, Extreme Speed, Poison Jab, and Meteor Mash).

Greninja-Ash
Extreme Speed

Heatran
Close Combat

Landorus-Therian
Meteor Mash (defensive)
Extreme Speed (offensive)

Magearna
Close Combat

Toxapex
Close Combat

Alakazam-Mega
Extreme Speed

Ferrothorn
Close Combat

Garchomp
Extreme Speed

Kartana
Close Combat (no Sacred Sword)
Retreat (Sacred Sword)

Mawile-Mega
Close Combat

Tornadus
Extreme Speed

Celesteela
Close Combat

Greninja
Extreme Speed

Gliscor
Meteor Mash

Latias-Mega
Meteor Mash

Magnezone
Close Combat

Medicham-Mega
Extreme Speed (Jolly)
Meteor Mash (Adamant)
Close Combat (Adamant and with the tiniest bit of chip)

Rotom-Wash
Close Combat

Tapu Bulu
Poison Jab (only actually matters if Bulu is defensive and you aren't at +2)

Tapu Fini
Poison Jab (Meteor Mash needs about 10-20% chip to achieve the same results)

Tapu Koko
Extreme Speed (both Meteor Mash and Poison Jab OHKO)

Tapu Lele
Meteor Mash or Poison Jab (Modest)
Retreat (Timid)

Tyranitar-Mega
Close Combat

Volcarona
Extreme Speed

Chansey
Close Combat

Clefable
Meteor Mash (especially relevant if Unaware)

Excadrill
Close Combat

Latios-Mega
Extreme Speed

Lopunny-Mega
Extreme Speed

Pelipper
Close Combat

Reuniclus
Meteor Mash

Scizor-Mega
Close Combat

Swampert-Mega
Close Combat (no rain)
Retreat (rain)

Tangrowth
Close Combat

Tyranitar
Close Combat

Charizard-Mega-X
Retreat

Diancie-Mega
Retreat

Gastrodon
Close Combat

Jirachi
Close Combat

Kyurem-Black
Close Combat

Sableye-Mega
Meteor Mash

Serperior
Pretty much anything

Weavile
Extreme Speed

Amoonguss
Meteor Mash

Garchomp-Mega
Retreat

Gyarados
Extreme Speed

Gyarados-Mega
Close Combat (no speed boost)
Retreat (speed boost)

Hawlucha
Extreme Speed (special defense boost)
Retreat (defense boost)

Heracross-Mega
Meteor Mash

Hippowdon
Close Combat

Hoopa-Unbound
Close Combat

Hydreigon
Extreme Speed

Kingdra
Extreme Speed

Kyurem
Retreat

Manaphy
Extreme Speed or Close Combat

Mew
Meteor Mash (slow)

Slowbro
Retreat

Suicune
Close Combat

Venusaur
Meteor Mash

Victini
Retreat

Alomomola
Close Combat

Charizard-Mega-Y
Extreme Speed

Ditto
Retreat

Gallade-Mega
Extreme Speed

Kommo-o
Close Combat

Mamoswine
Close Combat

Pyukumuku
Close Combat

Quagsire
Close Combat

Slowbro-Mega
Retreat

Aggron-Mega
Close Combat

Bisharp
Close Combat

Blacephalon
Retreat

Keldeo
Retreat

Pinsir-Mega
Extreme Speed

Skarmory
Close Combat

Terrakion
Retreat

Thundurus
Extreme Speed

Volcanion
Close Combat

Azumarill
Poison Jab (Meteor Mash still 2HKOs)

Buzzwole
Retreat

Crawdaunt
Extreme Speed

Gengar
Retreat

Krookodile
Retreat

Mantine
Close Combat

Mimikyu
Meteor Mash (Poison Jab usually OHKOs at +2)

Moltres
Retreat

Muk-Alola
Close Combat

Nidoking
Meteor Mash

Thundurus-Therian
Extreme Speed

Alakazam
Retreat (regular Zam can run Sash Counter)
Extreme Speed (if Zam has taken any damage)

Araquanid
Close Combat

Avalugg
Close Combat

Bronzong
Close Combat

Camerupt-Mega
Camerupt

Cresselia
Meteor Mash

Dragonite
Meteor Mash

Golem-Alola
Retreat (Golem-Alola runs Scarf)

Latias
Extreme Speed

Manectric-Mega
Extreme Speed

Marowak-Alola
Retreat

Nihilego
Meteor Mash or Close Combat

Ninetales-Alola
Meteor Mash

Ribombee
Meteor Mash (Poison Jab still 2HKOs)

Scolipede
Retreat

Seismitoad
Close Combat

Uxie
Meteor Mash

Zygarde-10%
Retreat

Since there are no instances where Poison Jab is significantly better than Meteor Mash, I'd go with Mash. I'll be honest, I went into this thinking Poison Jab might actually be nice tech, but it turned out underwhelming.

Probably for Fini, which is 2HKOd by P-Jab after a swords dance, tanks a hit and can't be burned by Scald thanks to terrain. Gets rid of defensive Bulu before an SD, not getting forced out by Volc, and generally has good coverage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucario:

Hydregion:
then you'll need U-turn over Roost, and put Draco Meteor over Flash⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ hi

Zammy:
really like dealing with (particularly Z-Tran, which traps and eliminates Gliscor,

Tornadus:
Not that bad of a set, but please get rid of Tailwind. Your mons are fast enough

Gliscor:
The set is fine I guess, but what's the speed for? I think there is something⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ferro best unova mon
other sets?

Forretress:
Hey, I love the little nut too :) But alas, in the OU tier he finds himself horribly
reasons to use Forretress) easier while also being a great glue mon. I encourage
you to try the standard Ferro set, with the moves I chose to support your team better.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Good luck with your team!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀bye
Hey thank you for your suggestions! while I do agree that Ferro is better, tbh I still prefer Forretress. Since you dont see him in the meta often, I've noticed that lots of players tend to not know exactly what to do with him at first, and on top of that tend to run into the earthquake trap I've set with him, as they will throw out a fire type that typically gets seriously hurt by earthquake, sometimes even OHKO. as for the rest of your suggestions, I have incorporated some of them into my team (I'd rather keep Hydreigon ready to use his coverage at a moments notice) and they are helping so far. Thanks for the help!

Even though Poison resists Fighting, Fighting is not weak to Poison. Also, Mienfoo is only dangerous in Little Cup, while its evolution Mienshao (who I assume you intended to name) is very rarely used in OU, so being weak to it isn't something to worry about.

I'd change most of the natures of your Pokemon. I would change Lucario's nature to Jolly in order to outspeed Excadrill outside of Sand and Mamoswine. I would also definitely change Alakazam's nature to Timid in order to outspeed Mega Lopunny (a Fighting-type that's actually relevant) and Ash Greninja. Hydreigon has no physical moves, so it should run Timid instead of Hasty (also move those 4 Attack EVs into a defense stat). Tornadus does have physical moves, but it mostly just uses them for utility, so make that Timid as well. Forretress doesn't have Gyro Ball, so you can run Impish instead of Relaxed.

Another idea for Forretress is to make it offensive. Running 252 Attack EVs and an Adamant nature gives Earthquake and Explosion some extra punch, notably allowing Forrestress to OHKO Heatran most of the time (bulky sets can sometimes survive).
252+ Atk Forretress Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 356-420 (92.2 - 108.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO, guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Forretress Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 356-420 (110.2 - 130%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Running some speed is also a possibility. 252 Speed EVs will let you outspeed most variants of Mega Mawile, 204 lets you outspeed Magearna without speed investment, and 168 lets you outspeed Iron Head AV Magearna.

Finally, regarding Meteor Mash vs Poison Jab. I've gone through every mon on the OU Viability Ranking and determined the best move to use against it (between Close Combat, Extreme Speed, Poison Jab, and Meteor Mash).

Greninja-Ash
Extreme Speed

Heatran
Close Combat

Landorus-Therian
Meteor Mash (defensive)
Extreme Speed (offensive)

Magearna
Close Combat

Toxapex
Close Combat

Alakazam-Mega
Extreme Speed

Ferrothorn
Close Combat

Garchomp
Extreme Speed

Kartana
Close Combat (no Sacred Sword)
Retreat (Sacred Sword)

Mawile-Mega
Close Combat

Tornadus
Extreme Speed

Celesteela
Close Combat

Greninja
Extreme Speed

Gliscor
Meteor Mash

Latias-Mega
Meteor Mash

Magnezone
Close Combat

Medicham-Mega
Extreme Speed (Jolly)
Meteor Mash (Adamant)
Close Combat (Adamant and with the tiniest bit of chip)

Rotom-Wash
Close Combat

Tapu Bulu
Poison Jab (only actually matters if Bulu is defensive and you aren't at +2)

Tapu Fini
Poison Jab (Meteor Mash needs about 10-20% chip to achieve the same results)

Tapu Koko
Extreme Speed (both Meteor Mash and Poison Jab OHKO)

Tapu Lele
Meteor Mash or Poison Jab (Modest)
Retreat (Timid)

Tyranitar-Mega
Close Combat

Volcarona
Extreme Speed

Chansey
Close Combat

Clefable
Meteor Mash (especially relevant if Unaware)

Excadrill
Close Combat

Latios-Mega
Extreme Speed

Lopunny-Mega
Extreme Speed

Pelipper
Close Combat

Reuniclus
Meteor Mash

Scizor-Mega
Close Combat

Swampert-Mega
Close Combat (no rain)
Retreat (rain)

Tangrowth
Close Combat

Tyranitar
Close Combat

Charizard-Mega-X
Retreat

Diancie-Mega
Retreat

Gastrodon
Close Combat

Jirachi
Close Combat

Kyurem-Black
Close Combat

Sableye-Mega
Meteor Mash

Serperior
Pretty much anything

Weavile
Extreme Speed

Amoonguss
Meteor Mash

Garchomp-Mega
Retreat

Gyarados
Extreme Speed

Gyarados-Mega
Close Combat (no speed boost)
Retreat (speed boost)

Hawlucha
Extreme Speed (special defense boost)
Retreat (defense boost)

Heracross-Mega
Meteor Mash

Hippowdon
Close Combat

Hoopa-Unbound
Close Combat

Hydreigon
Extreme Speed

Kingdra
Extreme Speed

Kyurem
Retreat

Manaphy
Extreme Speed or Close Combat

Mew
Meteor Mash (slow)

Slowbro
Retreat

Suicune
Close Combat

Venusaur
Meteor Mash

Victini
Retreat

Alomomola
Close Combat

Charizard-Mega-Y
Extreme Speed

Ditto
Retreat

Gallade-Mega
Extreme Speed

Kommo-o
Close Combat

Mamoswine
Close Combat

Pyukumuku
Close Combat

Quagsire
Close Combat

Slowbro-Mega
Retreat

Aggron-Mega
Close Combat

Bisharp
Close Combat

Blacephalon
Retreat

Keldeo
Retreat

Pinsir-Mega
Extreme Speed

Skarmory
Close Combat

Terrakion
Retreat

Thundurus
Extreme Speed

Volcanion
Close Combat

Azumarill
Poison Jab (Meteor Mash still 2HKOs)

Buzzwole
Retreat

Crawdaunt
Extreme Speed

Gengar
Retreat

Krookodile
Retreat

Mantine
Close Combat

Mimikyu
Meteor Mash (Poison Jab usually OHKOs at +2)

Moltres
Retreat

Muk-Alola
Close Combat

Nidoking
Meteor Mash

Thundurus-Therian
Extreme Speed

Alakazam
Retreat (regular Zam can run Sash Counter)
Extreme Speed (if Zam has taken any damage)

Araquanid
Close Combat

Avalugg
Close Combat

Bronzong
Close Combat

Camerupt-Mega
Camerupt

Cresselia
Meteor Mash

Dragonite
Meteor Mash

Golem-Alola
Retreat (Golem-Alola runs Scarf)

Latias
Extreme Speed

Manectric-Mega
Extreme Speed

Marowak-Alola
Retreat

Nihilego
Meteor Mash or Close Combat

Ninetales-Alola
Meteor Mash

Ribombee
Meteor Mash (Poison Jab still 2HKOs)

Scolipede
Retreat

Seismitoad
Close Combat

Uxie
Meteor Mash

Zygarde-10%
Retreat

Since there are no instances where Poison Jab is significantly better than Meteor Mash, I'd go with Mash. I'll be honest, I went into this thinking Poison Jab might actually be nice tech, but it turned out underwhelming.
Wow thank you for taking the time to go through and make these calcs! I just put it on there because it was checking pokemon that had been giving my team trouble (I still am in the lower tiers where the meta isnt as prevalent). I dont really know the meta super well yet, so that was really helpful for me! I may need to start doing that on some of my other pokemon to see how else I can check common threats to my mons. as for the stats, I appreciate the help in that as well, I honestly will typically take the first recommended spread then just leave it.

Lucario:

Hydregion:

Zammy:

Tornadus:

Gliscor:
other sets?

Forretress:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Hey guys, just popping in to drop a fun team I've been using. This is my attempt at a hyper offensive team. The main goal is to get Lucario set up to sweep through their team. I use my two other sweepers as baits and sweeps in their own right, with Alakazam specifically meant to lure dark attacks that Lucario can switch on. Forretress is also good for taking down threats that otherwise scare the whole team.

View attachment 199577
Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch Poison Jab
The star of the show. Lucario is my main way to take down any threat that comes my way. The whole idea of the team is to get him out and safely boosted so he can ram through entire teams with extreme speed. If I can force a switch when I throw him in, I'll happily set up with a swords dance, but tossing him out against a dark move works as well, so if I cant force a switch I rely on that instead.

View attachment 199578
Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Roost
My next Sweep. Hydreigon can do just fine against pokemon on their own, with Dragon pulse as his STAB being really effective against plenty of pokemon. He also uses Flash Cannon and Flamethrower to lure all of his Weaknesses except fighting. He takes down a good amount of threats that may stop Lucario in his tracks, as well as busting straight through any Physical walls in his path. Roost is used to keep him up for longer so he can beat them down more

View attachment 199579
Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
Alakazam is on here for about the same reason as Hydreigon, with the added benefit of making dark luring a cinch, since it hurts him so much. Psychic is used as a powerful STAB, with Dazzling Gleam luring out dark types (Dazzling Gleam being used over Focus blast due to reliability and Mega Sableye) and Shadow ball taking down other Psychic types that try to switch in. Recover is used to alleviate the wear and tear he takes

View attachment 199580
Tornadus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Tailwind
Torn is on here mainly for utility and a bit of coverage. Tailwind assists all of my sweepers, as double speed never hurts when you're trying to kill everything. Knock off is used to take out key items mons may have. U turn is used to deal a bit of chip as you pivot out of a bad matchup, or into a dark type move for Lucario. Hurricane is just STAB. He also runs with a Z move to surprise and take out anything that may annoy the rest of my team, or just as a last resort against a powerful but slow mon.

View attachment 199581
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 52 Def / 76 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice fang
- Roost
A rocks setter and general annoyingly hard to kill mon. He basically works with Forretress to ruin any leads day. He stops Heatran in its tracks with earthquake, as well as Lando T with Ice fang, which also serves to check any grass types that dare try to set up in his presence. I originally ran Toxic on him, which is likely the better set, but I have a lot of trouble with Lando T otherwise, so there it is.

View attachment 199582
Forretress @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin
I love this little guy. He uses earthquake to take down any grounded fire types that may switch in to try and take him down, as well as taking out steel types that can annoy this team at times. Spikes to punish anyone trying to chip him down. Explosion (with priority in his tier) either for if he gets low on health, he's done dropping Spikes, or someone tries to defog (he doesnt like defoggers). Rapid Spin is to remove any hazards the other lead may try to set. all in all, he's basically a pokemon that does its thing, and even if you stop him he flips you off and tries to take you down with him.
I know many people replied, but I want to respond anyways.
Many people already said this, but MM> P-Jab
Draco Meteor>Dragon Pulse.
Even if Dragon Pulse is consistent, in OU, you generally switch out often, so we're looking at about 2 turns on average?
Draco Meteor has a higher burst over 2 turns with a total of 130+65= 195 BP. Dragon Pulse only outputs about 170 BP, and Draco Meteor scores some key KOs that Dragon Pulse can only dream of.
Zammy typically doesn't run recovery, it's extremely frail even on the special side, and you typically can't afford a turn of recovery when attempting a sweep.
I recommend Focus Blast>Recover
Otherwise, looks fine, maybe Calm Mind>Shadow Ball, as the extra coverage really isn't needed, but that;s really up to you.
As for Tornadus, you really don't want to be cutting in your defenses when your running max HP. I know most of your moves are physical, but they're purely for utility and you'll want to be using Hurricane for damage output(or supersonic strike)
And next, since Spikes+SR is extremely common, your team is desperately lacking a defogger.
You could put it on Gliscor, but as Tornadus doesn't really need Tailwind, just replace Tailwind with Defog.
I haven't seen that Gliscor set before(or I'm high), so could you explain the EVs. Also Toxic provides more utility overall, as offensive Lando gets ripped from Zammy and others if it's worn down from SR.
Defensive Lando-T doesn't pose much of a threat either, since the meta seems to be leaning towards physically defensive over the special side.
252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 222-262 (69.5 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
-1 252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam-Mega: 168-198 (66.9 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Lando-T outspeeds all non-scarfed variants and kills it.
Also I like your Forretress, it seems to excellent Heatran bait, especially since it doesn't see very much usage and players usually don't how the general movesets and how to handle it.

Zammy typically doesn't run recovery, it's extremely frail even on the special side, and you typically can't afford a turn of recovery when attempting a sweep.
I recommend Focus Blast>Recover
recover zam.PNG

Alakazam also isn't "extremely frail" on the special side. Recover lets you take advantage of passive mons as well as Heatran (you trace Flash Fire so it can't touch you).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)