Official NBA 2011-12 Season Thread

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Oh, and don't underrate the fact that Derek Fisher is now on the other side. Derek Fisher knows all the secrets of how to own his old team. They'll take all they can get.
This. Derek Fisher sold out the Utah Jazz after the organization made a classy move and let him go to LA for his daughter's eye cancer. It's no wonder they never made it back to the WCF and lost to the Lakers every year for three straight years. Not to say they would have won otherwise, but it turned potentially interesting series like the Lakers' most recent series with the Nuggets where George Karl was able to buy them a game or two with X's and O's into blowouts.

heat with no bosh?

let the thunder dynasty begin. kevin durant will be the kobe of this decade. scratch that. the lebron of this decade! russell westbrook will evolve into the next tony parker and james harden will transform into the next robert horry!

lol
harden will end up better than westbrook

omggggggg this fucking series

Kevin Garnett three....clutch Philly....defense everywhere...wheeeeeeeeeee

fans on both sides mad about calls to end both games....mannn

Brandon Bass has killed the Celtics two straight games...stop letting him fucking shoot! 5/15 this time is a lot worse than the just average 4/9 but that 4/9 came after a worse start than that...was like 1/6? Kevin Garnett is KILLING IT, why is Brandon Bass taking 15 shots!!

The Boston-Philly series has been a good alternative to Rondo-Rose match-up we're longing for...

DRose, you missed something about Fisher... Remember when we thought LA sold Odom to Mavs for nothing, but eventually he "fucked" Dallas? What do you think Fisher is there for? To "fuck" OKC of course! It's LA's way I guess. j/k

Also, on the way you analyzed the OKC-LAL series (where you based the results on the LAL-Nuggs series), the X-factor will be Ron Artest. He's the only one not consistently on that series. He'll also be guarding Durant for sure, but I won't be surprised to see him guarding Harden. And I think it will be a series where Westbrook will have his epic ups and downs (media feast!).

Another 1 point game in the playoffs.

nice

I hope Boston wins though. Just so that we dont have the Heat sweeping the 76ers.

This is the first time I've ever seen the Lakers get absolutely mauled by nothing but jumpshots. It's amazing.

Oh wait, the Mavericks.

But look at that defensive activity.

I mean yeah they're getting it, but Lakers actually had a few good defensive possessions in some stretches where OKC were kept pretty well outside and.. they still nailed them.

DRose, you missed something about Fisher... Remember when we thought LA sold Odom to Mavs for nothing, but eventually he "fucked" Dallas? What do you think Fisher is there for? To "fuck" OKC of course! It's LA's way I guess. j/k
D:...they sabotaged BOTH of the previous western conference finalists, how did I miss that connection....

I'm seeing just 6 minutes for Fisher, so OKC might be wiser than Dallas...

Pace is purely dictated by OKC. This is bad for LA.

New annual rite of passage before winning a championship - embarrassing the unholy fuck out of the just recently 3 years in a row finalist Lakers?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Damn OKC are even better then I thought. They looked way fresher then us - which we deserve for not closing out the Nuggets in 5.

Series over, RIP Lakers.

But seriously, can't see the Lakers winning this series.

The Philly series is still up for grabs though.

And I think the Heat missing Bosh will hurt, but they will beat the pacers still.

Not sure what to think about the Clips Spurs series. Can't really judge the Spurs on playing the Jazz. I think it will be a close series though.

Btw Kirby, Bass is shooting because they're constantly leaving him open most of the time. Doug Collins has been constantly quoted about the fact that leaving Boston's bigs open is part of the defensive gameplan.

Just one game guys

jk lakers got fucking raped holy shit

raise your hand if you want your favorite team to play OKC right now

no takers?

I'm going to preface this with "I KNOW LITERALLY NOTHING ABOUT BASKETBALL. I ONLY WATCH CASUALLY"

That being said, I know people who are friends with the Pierce family, and they've said his knee is really bad. Like going to need serious surgery after the season bad. And in case you haven't been watching, he hasn't been able to elevate enough on his jumpshots to hit with any consistency because of it.

Effectively Paul Pierce is neutered to layups and drawing fouls. So he would be easier to defend at this time.

kbai.
Interesting to note that, Pierce has been steadily wearing down since the playoffs began and he bottomed out tonight. 5 TOs to only 7 points and 3 Assists, got to the line once. I stand corrected.

In the past two series against Boston, James has dominated that match-up while Pierce has struggled.

What's your point?

He said James will shut down two guys.. but not in the same way as he would shut down Granger or Melo, because he will naturally be matched up with them throughout the series.

So, yeah. I would say that about every player. They save their energy for offense.
Now I didnt say James couldnt defend Pierce, I just said he'd be harder to defend, when healthy, because he can get to his spots and the line more consistently than Granger or Iggy. He'd also have an All World Point getting the ball to him. Melo is a top 5 scorer in the nba, obviously he'd be harder to defend than Pierce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)