Official NBA 2012-13 Season Thread

1 missed free throw away from winning it all.

Manu as great as he is and can be, he's just a liability at this point. Single-handily cost his team the game.
both times he held the ball late in overtime, I was freaking the fuck out...they called the TO and I was like YES MANU NOT GONNA SHOOT IT...then they come back and he horribly misshoots it

Well, can't see the Heat losing this game 7.

I expect like 27 three attempts with them hitting 14 of them.

$100 says Joey Crawford (Spurs nemesis) refs the next game and the Heat take it to seven games
lol I wish somebody woulda took this bet. It just woulda been funny, but oh well.

Disappointing Game 6. Pop pulling a Frank Vogel move combined with some other things(a Kawhi missed FT, a Manu missed FT though that's expected by now in this series IMO) led to a horrible 4th quarter for the Spurs. OT should've never happened but w/e.

Evil Bosh showed up the last second of the game. I was PISSED at the no call at first, but even if they called a foul, Danny Green would have to hit all 3 FTs to force double OT. It's definitely possible since he's good at the line, but... ..eh. Mario Chalmers with the fist pump and smug look on his face after that happened didn't help at all. I was wanting someone to slap that dude, even though he gets props for his randomly good performance. He literally kept Miami in the game the first 3 qtrs.

Miami wins it since I'm sticking to what I told my family whose also following the Finals: if Spurs don't win in 6, they lose it all.

EDIT: lol at LeBron losing his headband and not putting it back on and Mike Miller's shoe falling off and tossing it to a fan before hitting a 3. Showoffs :/

Yeah last time was pre-merger when the bullets did it I think (like 1976 or something)

Also, that was one hell of a game. I feel like Lebron had a watershed moment and decided he was going to do everything in his power to win, and he pretty much did. I loved his on court interview when he said he left everything on the table. I've been waiting for him to do this since he came to Miami. I'm a Lakers fan obviously, and don't like either team, but I've decided to root for Miami because the Spurs are our longtime rivals and if Duncan wins a 5th championship (remaining undefeated in Finals series) it automatically vaults him past Kobe Bryant as the best player of his generation. Call me petty, but I'd rather have Lebron claim his second title (RESPECT) than the old man Spurs steal one last 'ship.

PS: Ray Allen is officially one of the top 3 Icers to ever play the game. My God that man

lol DerrickRose missing the point while asserting everyone else is missing the point, good times

Lebron James had a "watershed moment" barely better than Kobe Bryant had a 6-24 game, that 3-12 start was enough to ruin whatever came next, and they choked the end of the half away too...he threw up a prayer twice in a row and one hit, definitely does not validate him in any way.

So the fact that he scored at will for almost 7 minutes and had as many points as the entire Spurs team in the 4th quarter at that point means nothing to you? I guess you're just too stats oriented or something but I definitely felt like he had an epiphany or something and this isn't the last we've seen of James doing whatever he wants on offense. If a triple-double to stave off elimination in the Finals and carry his team for most of a quarter doesn't impress you, I'm not sure what will. My guess is you put your betting money on the Spurs and know just like I do that there's no way San Antonio recovers in game 7 from choking this game away. It was the Spurs to lose up 4 pts with 26-ish seconds to play and they definitely gave it away.

where did i assumed everyone missed the point? I just brought up possible examples

there's no way San Antonio recovers in game 7 from choking this game away.

i feel like nba fans buy way, way too much in these magic words like "momentum" and "mentality"

like, regardless of who wins the game, i don't think it's going to come to what happened two days before. each game is different and isn't connected to the next.

Dude, regardless of the outcome, Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green ALL played over 40 mins. Leonard and Green will probably be fine in two days, but Duncan and Parker won't. Duncan played his ass of this game and still ran out of gas in the 4th (plus Pop stupidly taking him out at key moments late) and Parker is still dealing with a nagging hamstring. I really feel like the Spurs threw everything they had into this game and still came up short. I just don't see them getting over the combination of the older guy's physical exhaustion and the younger player's mental exhaustion. Use whatever argument to justify the Spurs' chances of winning a Finals game 7 on the road, but just remember you're betting against extremely improbably odds.

the only discussion about game 7 is within the scope of the 2-3-2 wacky ass format finals, it has nothing to do with other rounds, and nobody has ever won one on the road in the modern 1980s-on NBA, that is a long time

nobody is buying into anything other than the now most probable outcome

Randombobman because of the pejoratives I am going to do like usual and mostly not reply to anything you said since it does not deserve it. Anyway you are the one being unobjective and not me; when a player scores does not matter (clutch is 99% myth, and Lebron has been so unclutch this series), and Lebron laid down like a dog and fucking died for 4.5/6 games this series. You can feel free to be impressed by a player getting mad and playing well by physically abusing another team for a whopping 4 minutes, or you can remember when he missed something like 6 different shots at the rim before that. You can imagine whatever you want to imagine though.

Dude, I don't even LIKE Lebron, I just respect for what he is. The best player in the league who still hasn't reached his 'potential'. I don't give a damn either way, but watching Lebron torch the Spurs like that was more impressive than Dirk's 2011 run. James isn't even on a shooting streak and he still does whatever he wants when he really wants to.

Spurs looked like they're tired in 4th and OT. This is what pundits are trying to say of them maybe since 5 years ago. They can't take a series into 6 or 7 games. They just won't last. Heat'll take Game 7 just because of that.

Also, lol on those heat fans who left early and not witnessing the comeback win. This is the worst fanbase I've ever seen.

Because ESPN "would rather talk about the Heat losing than the Spurs winning", I am being thoroughly entertained by various comments on Facebook attributing the Heat's win to the NBA being "rigged" and David Stern "wanting the Heat [mainly LeBron] to win twice in a row". Rooting for the Spurs btw.

CaptKirby said:
"watershed moment"
opeth reference???

Spurs looked like they're tired in 4th and OT. This is what pundits are trying to say of them maybe since 5 years ago. They can't take a series into 6 or 7 games. They just won't last. Heat'll take Game 7 just because of that.

Also, lol on those heat fans who left early and not witnessing the comeback win. This is the worst fanbase I've ever seen.
Pretty much this. Not even Boris Diaw's boobs could slow James down for more than a half lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)