Finals Official Smogon Doubles Tournament III - Finals [Won by Feyy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Artwork by Blazenix
Welcome to the third edition of the Official Smogon Doubles Tournament! This year's format will be a Bo3 SV Doubles OU swiss tournament with a top cut, in which the winner walks away with the OSDT trophy
!

Rules & Tournament Format

General Tournament Rules

• This is a standard SV DOU tournament.
  • OSDT III will be a swiss tournament with a to be determined top cut size depending on signups.
    • Players will be automatically dropped when they hit three losses as they are no longer in contention for top cut.
    • Players will be assigned a random opponent out of the pool of players with the same record as you each round.
  • Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!. If you can't agree on which server to play on, the Smogtours server is the default option.
  • Replays are required and must be posted every round.
  • There are no extensions, so please get your games done on time.
  • Your hosts are TPP, Theia, ryo yamada2001, Lady Salamence
Activity Decisions / Coin Flips: In the event that there is an uncompleted match at the deadline, it will be coin flipped unless one or both of the players involved in the match specifically request an activity win and explain sufficiently why they deserve to win over their opponent. Attempting to schedule a battle is required in order to receive the win by activity. To make it clear that you are requesting an activity win when you post, you must open your post with "Activity Win Request" in bold.

For example, if you believe your opponent is making an unfair request and that they don't deserve the activity win over you, you can either make your own request or quote their post and explain why they don't deserve it. You should try to make your activity win request posts at least 24 hours before the deadline to give your opponent a reasonable opportunity to contest it with their own activity win request.

In case of disconnections, if you played in the SmogTours server, call a Tournament Director as soon as possible and we'll see about the possibility of having a rematch.

Prize

Courtesy of the Pokemon Showdown! Upper Staff, in addition to the trophy, the winner of OSDT III will win an additional prize. The winner will have a choice of receiving a Custom Avatar or reclaiming an inactive username on Pokemon Showdown!, with the runner-up receiving the option not chosen by the winner.

Resources

Smogon Tournament Discord
Doubles OU Discord
Doubles OU Overview
Doubles OU Strategy Dex
Doubles OU Sample Teams
Doubles OU Viability Rankings

Standings
2. xqiht (8-1, 50-21 (70.42%) Resistance)
8. Feyy (7-2, 48-22 (68.57%) Resistance)

Finals
2. xqiht vs 8. Feyy

Deadline: Sunday September 24th @ 11:00 PM GMT-5
EXTENSIONS ARE ALLOWED
SMOGTOURS IS MANDATORY

REPLAYS ARE MANDATORY

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
correct prediction will be worth 5 points this week

Semis prediction results
Feyy
12-25 zee
xqiht 10-27 qsns

TotalRo32Ro16Ro8SF
Feyy283898
KennyJ2661064
Mishimono265894
eragon111452531264
JJ09LIE252698
Amaranth2441064
entrocefalo235864
Hayburner235864
xqiht235864
z0mOG236890
bage12261060
KeanuGrindingArc2231234
Malekith225890
Smudge2261060
Iceberg77213864
MADARAAAA2141034
Hys2051230
Nido-Rus2041060
PigWarrior19204664
ryo yamada2001206860
Charlotte195860
Level 51195860
Meminger21193664
Yellow Paint195860
Yoda2798194834
Lady Salamence183834
Tricking182106
Finchinator16583
monchooo15483
Nephtyrix15384
anique134630
@Piranha Plant1394
Tenzai12660
kaori1129
Quinn1156
Dhdux103430
Genesis771010
Jello12311010
shadowtime20001010
umbry105230
AIRedzone88
Maxouille66
silvio66
sundays66
qsns44
Ash KetchumGamer33
frickEDmt33
LeCehlou33
lolebruh33
s7a33
waffle2O2333
BALLSMASHER900000
tyo00

Kenpwnchi

formerly Pwndkthnx
Idk either of y'all, but I noticed that both of you are teenagers, and I find it VERY impressive that the two of you made it to the finals. It really speaks volumes on all of the newcomers (especially the youth), and the potential they may have. Do your best, y'all, and have fun. Grats!

sir jelloton

DPL Champion
I have predicted feyy to lose 3 times this tournament and I have been proven wrong every time. Dude is an amazing player and more importantly is clearly vibing immaculately which is always important. Every time I've doubted em I've been wrong.

On the other hand, Xqiht has incredibly impressed me with their play all tournament with the second best record in swiss and has been especially dominant over their opponents in the top 16.

Almost all of my early favorites to win the tournament had their run ended when running into these guys and I really hope they both bring their A-game for the finals.

With that being said I had a small list of players I believed had the highest chance of winning, and of that list only xqiht remains, so that is my prediction to win OSDT III
GOOD LUCK BOTH

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9predlcdoublesou-718332
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9predlcdoublesou-718334
Sorry Jello, had to ruin your predicts once more
Thank you to everyone that has supported me on the way
eragon11145 Lemurro AIRedzone raf and countless other DOUers that has helped me along the way
Thank you to all my draft league friends that sat through me babbling about DOU this past year
Bananacrazy111 StreetCredCookie charmdi Flying Beagle Hacker and more
Thank you to Fluffy EGA for building all of my winning teams!
edit: shout out WBG
edit 2: shout out EGA
i've been playing minecraft a bunch in EGA throughout my top cut run, minecraft buff is real

Last edited:

xqiht

人间正道是沧桑
is a Tiering Contributor
gz feyy
Before I decided to participate in OSDT, I never thought I could become the runner up
In this entire tour, I really want to thank my friends for providing me with many suggestions, such as zee, eragon, bage1, qsns, nido, tpn, and so on. Maybe there will be some mu and hax in the final, but don't worry so much, enjoy games
like vert said,be proud of it
我们dwcop再见!

raf

quite alright
is a Tiering Contributor
1695475537640.png

from fucking around in private rooms in 2017 literally 6 years ago, to finally joining tournaments last year, seeing you pull up and destroy the competition has been so insane. I hope your run inspires everyone to try doubles since its so fun and I couldnt be more proud as a spectator and a friend.
Big respect for xqiht too for being another rising star and its super great to see a chinese player get so far.

1695481468049.png

won gg

Called it right from the start that Feyy would take it home; it's been an absolute pleasure being your teammate, cheerleader, and friend over the last few tours. Can't wait to see what you do next! Teach me how to draft plz

Huge props to xqiht for making it all the way to finals too! You're an impressive player and watching your games is always exciting.

It's Low Horsepowerin time...

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9predlcdoublesou-718332
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9predlcdoublesou-718334
Sorry Jello, had to ruin your predicts once more
Thank you to everyone that has supported me on the way
eragon11145 Lemurro AIRedzone raf and countless other DOUers that has helped me along the way
Thank you to all my draft league friends that sat through me babbling about DOU this past year
Bananacrazy111 StreetCredCookie charmdi Flying Beagle Hacker and more
Thank you to Fluffy EGA for building all of my winning teams!
edit: shout out WBG
edit 2: shout out EGA
i've been playing minecraft a bunch in EGA throughout my top cut run, minecraft buff is real
congrats or sorry that happened to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)