Official Smogon University Usage Statistics Discussion Thread, mk.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
LawofDeath, the issue, IIRC, is that if you have a Mega Pokemon on your OU team, it shows up as normal form in OU. So I have to do a replacement to replace megas with non-megas in every tier *but* hackmons. There are other screwy things that crop up as well. The bottom line is that it's just more trouble than it's worth.

LawofDeath, the issue, IIRC, is that if you have a Mega Pokemon on your OU team, it shows up as normal form in OU. So I have to do a replacement to replace megas with non-megas in every tier *but* hackmons. There are other screwy things that crop up as well. The bottom line is that it's just more trouble than it's worth.
So in the hackmons tier statistics, when a player is in actuality using a mega it's listed as it's regular form, like it would be in OU. It doesn't give us legit results in that case. (for example the number of actual mega Gengar being used over regular Gengar.) I always thought it was an automated system overall though, considering how these statistics appear just in time and all. I ponder how much work you or whoever is in charge actually have to implement.

So it is October 4th and I was just wondering where are the usage stats for September.
I don't know, but probably soon, they usually take a few days to come out.

Honestly, they come out a lot quicker now than they used to. I remember a few years ago it was often around the 10th of the month that we'd get them.

Stats are up, but there's some stuff that needs fixing, I know: I'm kinda shocked ORAS even generated, and CAP is a mess.

I'm on vacation this week and next, and away from any computer, but I'll try to clean everything up before ORAS.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
UU
| 52 | Gligar | 4.67828% | 12543 | 1.764% | 10941 | 1.890% |
| 61 | Houndoom | 3.06053% | 32388 | 4.555% | 24732 | 4.272% |

Free savior doge! :D
On another note, RU might lose Gligar, which would be absolutely crazy.

I read the ORAS stats and I'm surprised that the majority of Gardevoir and Heracross doesn't have the Mega Stones. I'm also surprised that Slowbro run Leftovers half oc the time and the Lati@s doesn' usually have the Mega stone.

I think that the anormqlly is caused by Mega Salamence.

Why is my Zygarde set (and teammates) in 1760 of haxmon? I don't recall ever reaching that high. I also wonder how you see things. How are things messed up and what not.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Wait so how is next month's tier shift going to be done? Is it going to be done with the ORAS stats (And the XY stats for September) or the XY stats?

Thanks to chaos, the monthly stats have a new home that'll be backed up frequently. I've updated the OP, and the stats for this month are here. Remember: moveset, metagame, mega and lead stats are in their own subfolders, the chaos subdirectory contains the moveset stats in a bit more detail in machine-readable form, and the suffixes on the end of each stat corresponds to the baseline used: "0" is unweighted, "1500" corresponds to an "average" player, "1630"/"1695" is the level we use for tiering, and "1760"/"1825" is the "1337" stats, representing the top players of each metagame.

If you have any questions, I highly encourage you to first check out the FAQ in the second post.

Last edited:
All the stats are for ORAS, since the new server didn't start up until November 20, and ORAS changes went live the next day.
Unless there is some change in game mechanics (I hadn't played in months), I do not think the stats are recording Hidden Power Fire or Ice (along with other less used HPs).

See: http://www.smogon.com/stats/2014-11/moveset/ou-1825.txt

For example, Thundurus and Magnezone do not carry HP Ice, and it is obvious that the latter's moves do not add up to 400%

Moves |
| Flash Cannon 99.279% |
| Thunderbolt 95.459% |
| Volt Switch 95.089% |
| Substitute 2.105% |
| Thunder 1.460% |
| Discharge 1.370% |
| Signal Beam 1.243% |
| Thunder Wave 1.132% |
| Hidden Power Ground 1.036% |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)