Old Favourites and New Tastes

I was trying out this homemade team on PO, and it was doing rather well, so I thought I would post an RMT on it.

Golem @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Counter
Golem is my Anti-lead and SRocker. He can take out most other leads, so when I think my opponent is going to switch out or try a Taunt, I will move in for a Stone Edge. Next turn, if I think I have taken out enough health from the previous Stone Edge, I try a Sucker Punch. However, Stealth Rock usually doesn’t do enough, so I set up a Counter attack, they Earthquake/Waterfall/Outrage/Aqua Tail/Bullet Punch/etc, and they are destroyed, thanks to low Defense EVs and Sturdy. Next turn, Custap berry activates, allowing me to Stone Edge whatever has come out before Golem is destroyed. If the opponent does not try for a Taunt, I just set up Stealth Rock and eventually repeat the process.
Threats:
Definitely Natoreii, since it resists Stone Edge and Sucker Punch, and if I use either, Iron Barbs breaks the Sturdy effect. Even when I use Counter after it has used Power
Whip (as they usually do), Iron Barbs yet again brings Golem down to a prickly grave.

Heracross @ Focus Sash
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd/ 4 HP
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Megahorn
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Close Combat
Heracross is mostly designed as an Anti-Breloom, especially the SporePunch combo, since most Brelooms don’t expect a Sleep Talking Heracross. Rest is for obvious reasons, and it gets rid of things like Burn or Paralysis. Megahorn is what takes the Brelooms by the throat and Epicifies them into the ground with 180 TBP of pure bug awesomeness (I like Megahorn). Close Combat is for annoying Rock, Steel or Ice types who think they are better. Guts is one of my ideas, making Megahorn on Heracross while it is asleep 240 TBP *o*
Threats:
Anything which is fire and/or flying is a major threat to Heracross, able to OHKO him. He also struggles to stand out when compared to Scizor, but a hefty Close Combat should do the trick!

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Substitute
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Bulk Up
Your usual Breloom, but with Bulk Up! I am considering changing Bulk Up to Fling or Seed Bomb, but haven’t had the chance. Breloom does everything that is required from it, and ups atk and def while it his opponent is asleep.
Threats:
Same as Heracross actually. Fire and Flying pokemon play havoc with Breloom. But apart from that, Breloom has very limited competiton. Does Sleep Clause count as a threat?

Slaking @ Leftovers
Trait: Truant
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- ThunderPunch
- Yawn
- Ice Punch
- Focus Punch
Slaking, the god of having an annoying ability. It makes up for that by thrashing the metagame with YawnPunch combos. First you Yawn, then opponent attacks (or Vice Versa), then Truant kicks in, and the foe thinks ‘yay, free attack!’, ignoring yawn and getting put to sleep at the end of the turn. ‘Oh no! Have to switch out for my Sazandora/Zurruggugugu/etc!’ FOCUS PUNCH! Or, ICE PUNCH! I rarely use the other two punches (Ice and Thunder punch) unless I now that I will be doing serious damage.
Threats:
Return of Breloom, and all his Focus Punching friends :L basically, anyone who uses Focus Punch/Close Combat/vaguely painful Fighting type moves/etc can OHKO Slaking.

Regirock @ Lum Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Lock-On
- Zap Cannon
- Rest
- Stone Edge
Homemade Regirock cakes. I haven’t been using Regirock for very long, so a real strategy hasn’t occurred yet. I will try my best with what should theoretically happen. Regirock should be able to OHKO most pokemon with Stone Edge, and once it has got the SE fodder out of the way, he can start the fortune telling. First, it would lock on to the opponent with Lock On, and survive the next attack (assuming it’s physical, in which case it is dead) then Zap Cannon, leaving the opponent Paralysed or OHKOed. If they are paralysed, Stone Edge! Then it can Rest, and Lum Berry is an instant wake up.
Threats:
Water types like Slowking and Starmie or other Special Water attack abusers can tear Regirock to shreds, and if one is found, Zap Cannon is shot of straight away, and left to luck that it will hit.

Cloyster @ Scope Lens
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Explosion
If you are annoyed by this Pokemon’s extreme use, then join the club. I decided to use a Cloyster because I don’t like seeing other people use it, and I discovered, grudgingly, that it is an excellent moveset for an excellent Pokemon. You probably know how it works, however I decided to put Scope Lens on it after reading the thread on Multi-Hit moves. Explosion is to kill anyone who is not weak to rock or ice type moves.
Threats:
Other Cloysters seems to be the only opposition I can find. That and Lucarios.

Hope you found this RMT enlightening, feel free to comment on how i could futher improve my team.

Just a small rate, but why use Lock On when Gravity is available to Regirock, making all his moves accurate for several turns? That said, why are you using Zap Cannon in the first place - it's unlikely to KO even 4x weaks given its awfully low power. Use T-Wave at the very least, and perhaps try EQ for coverage. Chesto Berry also is better than Lum on Rest sets so it isn't removed by switching into random statuses.

Thank you for the advice. You know what, I think I will just switch Regirock for something else, like a Flygon or an Aerodactyl.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)