Project OM Mashup Megathread

Ka1xo

Banned deucer.
Oranguru's strength comes in it natively learning Nasty Plot, something which Orbeetle does not learn. Also, Oranguru runs Max SpA to hit as hard as possible with Triage Oblivion Wing as to not be KO'd on the next hit. Pidgeotite is banned as well.
Personally i could see calm mind as an option over nasty plot due to dittos usage, running cm over plot allows for an easier ditto mu without forcing yourself to run some kind of improof on the team, nplot is better for clicking buttons and breaking whereas cm has a niche of not being immediately rk'd by ditto since monke and ufo bug are 2 of the mons that have a higher hp stat than ditto

im not saying cm is objectively better than nplot because nplot is seemingly better overall BUT running cm orbeetle might not be the worst thing in the world, as someone who is addicted to ditto its a much harder mu to load up ditto balance into a cm mon rather than an nplot mon

Oranguru's strength comes in it natively learning Nasty Plot, something which Orbeetle does not learn. Also, Oranguru runs Max SpA to hit as hard as possible with Triage Oblivion Wing as to not be KO'd on the next hit. Pidgeotite is banned as well.
Oh, so are all the banned MnM mega stones banned here too?

Time for a huge TSAAA team dump now that TP Winter Seasonal is over. I built around a very large number of mons, gotta say the meta is stable right now and the only thing I think can shake up the meta a bit is unbanning some Ubers (Like Kyogre, NDM and some others)

:magneton: :rapidash: :lickilicky: :silvally-dragon: :golisopod: :togekiss:
A balance team with pretty good coverage for most things. Golisopod was and is still underused and underrated, but it brings a lot of utility to the table, and unlike AAA it does not fear mons like Talonflame and Terra, so yeah. Magneton with Toxic can whittle down RegenVest mons over time pretty consistently with Bolt + Volt, Rapidash offers some weather control while also deals pretty good damage. Bonus points for beating some common threats like Registeel and Avalugg. Lickilicky is quite fat and can offer Wish pass, pretty standard team overall.

:metagross: :vikavolt: :mantine: :dhelmise: :palkia: :grimmsnarl:
This looks very sus, but it kind of works. Mixed Metagross and Palkia are very hard to wall but lack speed, so I made it with Web, the rest are pretty standard, except for Grimmsnarl which I still have no idea why I added, but at least it dropped to NU this month so might be more viable now.

:melmetal: :incineroar: :braviary: :palossand: :altaria: :golisopod:
A Bulky Balance build that's insanely slow. Braviary in general is underprepped for by many teams, so it can usually wreak havoc alone. Melmetal counters TR completely, but it's also bulky enough to KO a mon or two. The team can struggle against some teams, but overall pretty decent.

:azelf: :lapras: :magmortar: :crobat: :silvally-water: :rhydon:
Azelf is a pretty good RegenVester, although a bit less now that Espeon is PUBL. Sparkling Aria is boosted by Sheer Force for some reasons and Water + Freeze Dry has perfect coverage. In general it can break pretty much anything but requires hazard control. Magmortar might be walled by Dragonvally but that's how Lapras came up. Crobat is very annoying with its ability to chip down foes and prevent hazards even if its damage may be lacking compared to Braviary. Silvally-Water has its perks, and being able to use Defog, Parting Shot and status is pretty nice, it also handles some Ice moves better. Rhydon covers the Electric weakness and is a decent Rocker.

:aromatisse: :victini: :dhelmise: :braviary: :silvally-dragon: :stunfisk:
An offense team built around Victini because its nuke is very strong. Stunfisk is Noivern's check and also sets Rock, as well as spreads status. Aromatisse is also underrated, I have no idea why everyone just stopped running it when it was good before.

:dialga: :urshifu: :lanturn: :skuntank: :dhelmise: :noivern:
Basically this team is built around Mixed Dialga and Urshifu. Both are frightening wallbreakers. The rest are pretty standard support, Noivern acts as speed control. Grassy Surge benefits this team a lot since 3 mons are weak to Ground. Skuntank in Grassy Terrain works out pretty nice, essentially has no weakness, good bulk and can setup to overwhelm many cores, NP + Taunt breaks stall nicely as well.

:espeon: :yveltal: :silvally-dragon: :diancie: :gallade: :charizard:
This team is rather standard, however at the time most people only used Triage Gallade. Tough Claws makes Gallade very strong and hard to wall, but otherwise there's not much to say about this.

:arcanine: :dialga: :gourgeist: :palossand: :mantine: :togekiss:
Arcanine can do what it does in AAA, albeit it can't break Avalugg without a burn. Gourgeist was unusable due to Talonflame and Sneasel, but now it can really shine as a physical wall. Prankster DBond is pretty much the TSAAA special, allowing it to emergency check many threats. Triage defensive Togekiss is kinda a mix between a wall and sweeper, and it definitely can win late game while still checking some Fighting mons.

:ribombee: :articuno-galar: :dhelmise: :golisopod: :reshiram: :drapion:
This is my take on HO. Ribombee does what Koko does in AAA except it also has Web. Articuno-G can 6-0 lots of unprepared teams, being immune to Poltergeist with Grassy Seed. Most Triage Golisopod use 3 priority moves, however everyone was high on Espeon so I opted for Knock instead. Reshiram has a great offensive typing, it's annoying that it's still outsped by Ribombee at +1 though. Drapion is there to set TSpikes, it's probably the most expendable member but I don't know what to replace it with.

:morpeko: :mesprit: :magearna: :mantine: :regirock: :dragonite:
I always thought Morpeko has potential with its insanely good signature move. It being Dark type also discourages EForce, so Mag + Morpeko can play around it nicely. Mantine covers Primal weather. Regirock is just a pretty good Regen sponge. Dragonite's ESpeed can revenge kill pretty much any other mons that threaten this like Salazzle.

:zamazenta: :shiftry: :jellicent: :silvally-dragon: :copperajah: :yveltal:
TSAAA makes Beat Up tougher to handle with the free Atk boosts, so you don't even need to select high Atk mons for it to work. With some bulk and power, Zamazenta does find a lot of opportunities to break. Copperajah is quite durable even without Regen and flew under the radar for me, since compared to other Steel, it has great offensive presense and coverage, making it not as passive. Ended up losing to Triage Vileplume but I don't think it's a bad team.

:stunfisk-galar: :articuno-galar: :shiftry: :silvally-water: :aromatisse: :raichu:
Another team built around a different Shiftry set. It can beat some threats that Dhelmise can't because a lot of mons run itemless to handle it. Being able to beat some flying mons like Ho-Oh is also notable. Stunfisk-G ended up being pretty good as a special wall, handling PsySurge and ESurge. I ran Raichu before, last time with Refrigerate and this time with MGLO to try and take advantage of Volt Tackle. With Shiftry Knocking Boots from Avalugg, Grass Knot can 2HKO it after Rock so it works out fine.

:melmetal: :beheeyem: :marowak-alola: :diancie: :drampa: :uxie:
A fairly standard TR team with Drampa to beat DragonVally and Uxie to provide some protection against priority (Especially against Gallade and Dragonite)

:glaceon: :keldeo: :yveltal: :silvally-dragon: :groudon: :togekiss:
I started TSAAA using Glaceon, so it just fits that I use it again, especially with the rise of DragonVally. Being able to OHKO it with Frost Breath and 2HKO neutral Silvally formes, in addition to handling Calm Mind mons gives Glaceon pretty good wall breaking capabilities. The last moveslot can be Toxic as well, but I prefer the ability to revenge kill when needed. Keldeo can also bypass many RegenVest thanks to Secret Sword, and its STABs are tough to handle overall. TWave spam from Groudon and Togekiss can help them as they are a bit slow.

:lycanroc: :mesprit: :accelgor: :charizard: :drampa: :dhelmise:
An offense team. 150 Spe is quite an important benchmark, so to get the jump on them is valuable. Lycanroc was used by Mossy Sandwich a long time ago, and it proves to be a scary wallbreaker with Accelerock. PsySurge Mesprit is like Azelf in AAA, so good as a glue mon for offense. Accelgor can't handle RegenVest bar Dialga, but it can set Spikes on a switch, while still threatens everything else. Charizard and Lycanroc can weaken Avalugg and allow the other to take over, since at +6 Charizard actually doesn't OHKO it with Fire Punch. Charizard also sets up on Dhelmise and can be an emergency speed control if Rock is up. Drampa is kind of a weird pick, but it can kind of stop some setup if thing goes south.

:lickilicky: :lanturn: :palossand: :yveltal: :copperajah: :togekiss:
This stall team was basically made as a counter team, that's why Shell Armor Togekiss was run to deal with Sniper Sirfetch'd and Farfetch'd. Another version not to cteam can consider changing Lickilicky to Flash Fire Buzzwole and Togekiss.

:gallade: :noivern: :silvally-dragon: :stunfisk: :yveltal: :solgaleo:
I discovered Solgaleo is the only mon with both Flare Blitz and Steel Beam, so I couldn't pass the opportunity to build Mixed MG Solgaleo. It ended up not being relevant though cause Band Tough Claws Gallade is a menace. Others are pretty similar to what I said above.

:flareon: :vikavolt: :mesprit: :lucario: :dhelmise: :dialga:
Flareon is pretty menacing. While Victini is a hit-and-run mon, Flareon focuses more on trying to sweep and it can deal more to Regirock with Superpower as well. Spread is to outrun base Max Speed base 150 at +1, but it also outspeeds Adamant Urshifu. Lucario almost broke through in the game, however I wonder if Adamant is better (I'd have swept if I had run Adamant).

:kartana: :mr. rime: :mantine: :solgaleo: :yveltal: :palossand:
Kartana is one of a few mons that can OHKO Dauntless Avalugg with a physical move with Sacred Sword and can break a variety of other Dauntless mons as well. A lot of teams come unprepared for specially offensive Ice mons, so Mr.Rime can break a lot of those builds. It has more bulk than Jynx, and can run MGLO with Spin and Slack Off for utility as well. Itemless Flash Fire Solgaleo is a tech I copied from Don, it worked out very well, being able to handle Marowak-A, Dhelmise, ESurge and Salazzle.

:dugtrio-alola: :reshiram: :orbeetle: :dhelmise: :wigglytuff: :urshifu:
I ended up not using this because I won in 2 games but Steel/Ground is very strong STAB. Back then I rated Dugtrio-A C- rank but I think it's better than that now. It can also run Stone Edge to hit the few mons that resist its dual STAB (Ho-Oh, Mantine). Steel Beam OHKOs Avalugg. Desoland Reshiram is also a good pick, being able to beat Regen Steel and Dragonvally. It can't beat Lanturn though. Orbeetle is role compression that combines Web and Scarf Psysurge. Wigglytuff gives me some protection against Urshifu in case I need to click EForce with Orbeetle and offers utility.

Howcome Neutralizing Gas is allowed in Balanced Hackmons Doubles if it's banned in regular BH?
Well, that has more to do with BH Doubles not being focused for a variety of reasons, mainly for the lack of interest and being less balanced compared to other Doubles Mashups. The banlist was also done before regular BH has banned Neutralizing Gas.

If you have any related questions in the future, feel free to@ other OM mashups staff such as CringeMeta or Riceman.

:ss/Zygarde: Rev MnM Hub :ss/Tapu Koko:

Council
:dragonite: longhiep341 (Leader)
:arbok: Clasmia
:mudkip: DuckeryDoodle
:metagross: Aggrometaile

What is Revelationmons Mix and Mega?
Revelationmons Mix and Mega (often shortened to Rev MnM) is a mashup between Revelationmons and Mix and Mega - The typing of the move in the first slot is changed to the primary typing of the mon. If the mon has a secondary type, the typing of the move in the second slot is changed to the secondary typing of the mon. All other aspects of the move (power, accuracy, secondary effects, etc.) remain the same. In addition, Pokemon can use Mega Stones to gain the stats and abilities of those mega evolutions.

Example:
:ss/thundurus-therian:
Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Volt Absorb --> Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave (Electric-Type with a 10% chance to Poison the target)
- Sludge Bomb (Flying-Type with a 30% chance to Poison the target)
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast

How can I play Rev MnM?
Rev MnM is playable on the main PS! server via the tournament/challenge codes below. Tournaments are set in OM Mashups as well as on the PS! side server ROM.
/tour new [Gen 8] Mix and Mega, Elimination,,,[Gen 8] Revelationmons Mix and Mega
/tour rules Revelationmons Mod, +Eternatus, *Eternatus, +Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, *Regieleki, *U-Turn, *Volt Switch
/tour autostart 7
/tour autodq 4
/challenge [Gen 8] Mix and Mega @@@Revelationmons Mod,+Eternatus,*Eternatus,+Urshifu-Rapid-Strike,*Regieleki,*U-Turn,*Volt Switch

Ruleset

Clauses:

• Revelationmons Mod: The moves in the first slot(s) of a Pokémon's set have their types changed to match the Pokémon's type(s).
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same National Pokédex number on a team.
  • Overflow Stat Mod: Caps stats at 654 after a positive nature, or 655 after a negative nature.
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Prevents players from putting more than one of their opponent's Pokémon to sleep at a time
  • OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
  • Evasion Clause: A Pokemon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot intentionally prevent an opponent from being able to end the game without forfeiting.
  • Dynamax Clause: Players cannot use the mechanic known as Dynamaxing.
Bans and restrictions:
:calyrex-ice: *Calyrex-Ice
:calyrex-shadow: Calyrex-Shadow
:dialga: *Dialga
:gengar: *Gengar
:eternatus: *Eternatus
:giratina: *Giratina
:groudon: *Groudon
:ho-oh: *Ho-Oh
:kyogre: Kyogre
:kyurem-black: *Kyurem-Black
:kyurem-white: *Kyurem-White
:lugia: *Lugia
:lunala: *Lunala
:marshadow: *Marshadow
:melmetal: *Melmetal
:mewtwo: *Mewtwo
:naganadel: *Naganadel
:necrozma-dawn wings: *Necrozma-Dawn Wings
:necrozma-dusk mane: *Necrozma-Dusk Mane
:palkia: *Palkia
:pheromosa: *Pheromosa
:rayquaza: *Rayquaza
:regieleki: *Regieleki
:regigigas: *Regigigas
:reshiram: *Reshiram
:urshifu: *Urshifu
:xerneas: *Xerneas
:yveltal: *Yveltal
:zacian: Zacian
:zacian-crowned: Zacian-Crowned
:zekrom: *Zekrom
:zygarde-complete: *Zygarde-Complete
*: Restricted from holding Mega Stones.
  • :beedrillite: Beedrillite (+60 Attack, -30 Special Attack, +70 Speed | Adaptability | N/A | 11 Kg)
  • :blazikenite: Blazikenite (+40 Attack, +10 Defense, +20 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Speed Boost | N/A | N/A)
  • :gengarite: Gengarite (+20 Defense, +40 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Shadow Tag | N/A | N/A)
  • :kangaskhanite: Kangaskanite (+30 Attack, +20 Defense, +20 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Parental Bond | N/A | +20 Kg)
  • :mawilite: Mawilite (+20 Attack, +40 Defense, +40 Special Defense | Huge Power | N/A | +12 Kg)
  • :medichamite: Medichamite (+40 Attack, +10 Defense, + 20 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Pure Power | N/A | N/A)
  • :pidgeotite: Pidgeotite (+5 Defense, +65 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense, +20 Speed | No Guard | N/A | +11 Kg)
Moody
Shadow Tag
Baton Pass
Electrify
*U-turn
*Volt Switch
*: Restricted moves can't be put in the first moveslot(s) to get their types changed prior to Mega Evolving

Resources
:slowbro::magearna::entei::yveltal::eternatus::tapu-koko: - Stored Power Tapu Koko + LO Eternatus Balance by Aggrometaile
:zeraora::ho-oh::slowbro::blissey::kartana::tapu-koko:- Lopunnite Zeraora + Tapu Koko Balance by DuckeryDoodle
:weavile::kartana::thundurus::zygarde::corviknight::blissey:- Weavile Bulky Offense by Clasmia
:kartana::rayquaza::entei::toxtricity::corviknight::blissey:- Rayquaza Bulky Offense by Clasmia
:landorus-therian::groudon::rayquaza::volcarona::corviknight::magnezone: - LO Groudon Hyper Offense by longhiep341
Rankings are listed in alphabetical order:

S Rank
Reserved for Pokemon that are absolutely meta-defining. These Pokemon are able to perform a variety of roles very effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits.

S

:zygarde: Zygarde [Lucarionite]

A Rank
Reserved for Pokémon that perform extremely well in the metagame. These Pokémon are typically considered excellent Pokémon let down by a few faults, thus keeping them out of S Rank. They typically require more support than an S Rank Pokémon, but nonetheless are very effective.

A+

:magearna: Magearna [Latiasite, Venusaurite, Manectite, Sablenite, Cameruptite]
:slowbro: Slowbro [Sablenite, Audinite, Cameruptite]

A

:dragonite: Dragonite [Lucarionite, Aerodactylite, Altarianite]
:kartana: Kartana [Metagrossite]
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko [Lucarionite, Lopunnite, Absolite]
:zeraora: Zeraora [Pinsirite, Lopunnite]

A-

:blissey: Blissey [Audinite, Sablenite]
:corviknight: Corviknight [Venusaurite, Sablenite]
:entei: Entei [Altarianite, Pinsirite, Charizardite-X, Lopunnite]
:eternatus: Eternatus [Life Orb, Black Sludge, Power Herb]
:groudon: Groudon [Leftovers, Life Orb]
:ho-oh: Ho-Oh [Heavy-Duty Boots, Choice Band]
:landorus-therian: Landorus-Therian [Salamencite, Lucarionite, Pinsirite]
:milotic: Milotic [Sablenite, Audinite]
:mew: Mew [Sablenite]
:rayquaza: Rayquaza [Choice Band, Life Orb, Heavy-Duty-Boots]
:solgaleo: Solgaleo [Metagrossite, Venusaurite, Latiasite]

B Rank

B Rank Pokémon are typically considered good, but overall quite niche, and require much more support than a Pokémon in A or S Rank. Their flaws are also much more prominent than Pokémon in S or A Rank, making them less effective overall.

B+

:dragapult: Dragapult [Scizorite, Lucarionite, Absolite, Diancite]
:heatran: Heatran [Ampharosite, Latiasite]
:lunala: Lunala [Power Herb, Heavy-Duty Boots, Leftovers]
:urshifu-rapid-strike: Urshifu-Rapid-Strike [Aerodactylite, Lucarionite, Scizorite]
:xerneas: Xerneas [Power Herb]
:zapdos: Zapdos [Cameruptite]

B

:blacephalon: Blacephalon [Lucarionite, Absolite, Charizardite Y]
:dhelmise: Dhelmise [Lopunnite]
:magnezone: Magnezone [Latiasite, Lucarionite, Diancite]
:slowking-galar: Slowking-Galar [Cameruptite, Sceptilite]
:steelix: Steelix [Latiasite, Venusaurite, Sablenite]
:terrakion: Terrakion [Diancite, Lucarionite]
:weavile: Weavile [Aerodactylite, Metagrossite, Lucarionite, Glalitite]
:yveltal: Yveltal [Heavy-Duty Boots, Choice Scarf, Choice Specs, Life Orb]

B-

:arcanine: Arcanine [Altarianite, Pinsirite, Charizardite X, Lopunnite]
:hippowdon: Hippowdon [Audinite, Altarianite, Venusaurite, Sablenite]
:noivern: Noivern [Gardevoirite, Altarianite]
:spectrier: Spectrier [Audinite, Altarianite, Sceptilite]
:tapu lele: Tapu Lele [Diancite, Lucarionite]
:thundurus: Thundurus [Absolite, Lucarionite]
:toxtricity: [Glalitite, Lucarionite]
:zapdos-galar: Zapdos-Galar [Metagrossite, Aerodactylite, Lucarionite]

C Rank

C Rank Pokémon are generally mediocre in metagame. They typically require much more support than Pokémon higher up the viability rankings, although they can still be effective in the right circumstances.

C+:

:clefable: Clefable [Ampharosite]
:toxapex: Toxapex [Latiasite, Gyaradosite]

C:

:arctozolt: Arctozolt [Mewtwonite X]
:dracovish: Dracovish [Sharpedonite, Swampertite]
:skarmory: Skarmory [Audinite, Metagrossite, Venusaurite]

C-:

:keldeo: Keldeo [Lucarionite, Altarianite]
S Rank:
:lucarionite: Lucarionite (+35 Attack, +18 Defense, +25 Special Attack, +22 Speed | Adaptability | N/A | +3.5 Kg)
A Rank:
:aerodactylite: Aerodactylite (+30 Attack, +20 Defense, +10 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Tough Claws | N/A | +20 Kg)
:altarianite: Altarianite (+40 Attack, +20 Defense, +40 Special Attack | Pixilate | +
| N/A)
:lopunnite: Lopunnite (+60 Attack, +10 Defense, +30 Speed | Scrappy | +
| -5 Kg)
:manectite: Manectite (+20 Defense, +30 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, +30 Speed | Intimidate | N/A | +3.8 Kg)
:metagrossite: Metagrossite (+10 Attack, +20 Defense, +10 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, +40 Speed | Tough Claws | N/A | +392.9 Kg)
:sablenite: Sablenite (+10 Attack, +50 Defense, +20 Special Attack, +50 Special Defense, -30 Speed | Magic Bounce | N/A | +150 Kg)
B Rank:
:audinite: Audinite (+40 Defense, +20 Special Attack, +40 Special Defense | Healer | +
| +1 Kg)
:charizardite x: Charizardite X (+46 Attack, +33 Defense, +21 Special Attack | Tough Claws | +
| +20 Kg)
:diancite: Diancite (+60 Attack, -40 Defense, +60 Special Attack, -40 Special Defense, +60 Speed | Magic Bounce | N/A | +19 Kg)
:pinsirite: Pinsirite (+30 Attack, +20 Defense, +10 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Aerilate | +
| +4 Kg)
C Rank:
:absolite: Absolite (+20 Attack, +40 Special Attack, +40 Speed | Magic Bounce | N/A | +2 Kg)
:ampharosite: Ampharosite (+20 Attack, +20 Defense, +50 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, -10 Speed | Mold Breaker | +
| N/A)
:blastoisinite: Blastoisinite (+20 Attack, +20 Defense, +50 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense | Mega Launcher | N/A | +15.6 Kg)
:cameruptite: Cameruptite (+20 Attack, +30 Defense, +40 Special Attack, +30 Special Defense, -20 Speed | Sheer Force | N/A | +100.5 Kg)
:charizardite y:Charizardite Y (+20 Attack, +50 Special Attack, +30 Special Defense | Drought | N/A | +10 Kg)
:gyaradosite: Gyaradosite (+30 Attack, +30 Defense, +10 Special Attack, +30 Special Defense | Mold Breaker | +
| +70 Kg)
:latiasite: Latiasite (+20 Attack, +30 Defense, +30 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense | Levitate | N/A | +12 Kg)
:scizorite: Scizorite (+20 Attack, +40 Defense, +10 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, +10 Speed | Technician | N/A | +7 Kg)
:tyranitarite: Tyranitarite (+30 Attack, +40 Defense, +20 Special Defense, +10 Speed | Sand Stream | N/A | +53 Kg)
:venusaurite: Venusaurite (+18 Attack, +40 Defense, +22 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense | Thick Fat | N/A | +55.5 Kg)
D rank:
:aggronite: Aggronite (+30 Attack, +50 Defense, +20 Special Defense | Filter | - Secondary | +35 Kg)
:alakazite: Alakazite (+20 Defense,+40 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense, +30 Speed | Trace | N/A | N/A)
:banettite: Banettite (+50 Attack, +10 Defense, +10 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, +10 Speed | Prankster | N/A | +0.5 Kg )
:gardevoirite: Gardevoirite (+20 Attack, +40 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Pixilate | N/A | N/A)
:glalitite: Glalitite (+40 Attack, +40 Special Attack, +20 Speed | Refrigerate | N/A | +93.7 Kg)
:heracronite: Heracronite (+60 Attack, +40 Defense, +10 Special Defense, -10 Speed | Skill Link | N/A | +8.5 Kg)
:houndoominite: Houndoominite (+40 Defense, +30 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Solar Power | N/A | +14.5 Kg)
:latiosite: Latiosite (+40 Attack, +20 Defense, +30 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense | Levitate | N/A | +10 Kg)
:mewtwonite x: Mewtwonite X (+80 Attack, +10 Defense, +10 Special Defense | Steadfast | +
| +5 Kg)
:salamencite: Salamencite (+10 Attack, +50 Defense, +10 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Aerilate | N/A | +10 Kg)
:slowbronite: Slowbronite (+70 Defense, +30 Special Attack | Shell Armor | N/A | +31.5 Kg)
:swampertite: Swampertite (+40 Attack, +20 Defense, +10 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, +10 Speed | Swift Swim | N/A | +20.1 Kg)

:ss/Zygarde: Rev MnM Hub :ss/Tapu Koko:

Council
:dragonite: longhiep341 (Leader)
:arbok: Clasmia
:mudkip: DuckeryDoodle
:metagross: Aggrometaile

What is Revelationmons Mix and Mega?
Revelationmons Mix and Mega (often shortened to Rev MnM) is a mashup between Revelationmons and Mix and Mega - The typing of the move in the first slot is changed to the primary typing of the mon. If the mon has a secondary type, the typing of the move in the second slot is changed to the secondary typing of the mon. All other aspects of the move (power, accuracy, secondary effects, etc.) remain the same. In addition, Pokemon can use Mega Stones to gain the stats and abilities of those mega evolutions.

Example:
:ss/thundurus-therian:
Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Volt Absorb --> Adaptability
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave (Electric-Type with a 10% chance to Poison the target)
- Sludge Bomb (Flying-Type with a 30% chance to Poison the target)
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast

How can I play Rev MnM?
Rev MnM is playable on the main PS! server via the tournament/challenge codes below. Tournaments are set in OM Mashups as well as on the PS! side server ROM.
/tour new [Gen 8] Mix and Mega, Elimination,,,[Gen 8] Revelationmons Mix and Mega
/tour rules Revelationmons Mod, +Eternatus, *Eternatus, +Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, *Regieleki, *U-Turn, *Volt Switch
/tour autostart 7
/tour autodq 4
/challenge [Gen 8] Mix and Mega @@@Revelationmons Mod,+Eternatus,*Eternatus,+Urshifu-Rapid-Strike,*Regieleki,*U-Turn,*Volt Switch

Ruleset

Clauses:

• Revelationmons Mod: The moves in the first slot(s) of a Pokémon's set have their types changed to match the Pokémon's type(s).
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same National Pokédex number on a team.
  • Overflow Stat Mod: Caps stats at 654 after a positive nature, or 655 after a negative nature.
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Prevents players from putting more than one of their opponent's Pokémon to sleep at a time
  • OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.
  • Evasion Clause: A Pokemon may not have either Double Team or Minimize in its moveset.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Players cannot intentionally prevent an opponent from being able to end the game without forfeiting.
  • Dynamax Clause: Players cannot use the mechanic known as Dynamaxing.
Bans and restrictions:
:calyrex-ice: *Calyrex-Ice
:calyrex-shadow: Calyrex-Shadow
:dialga: *Dialga
:gengar: *Gengar
:eternatus: *Eternatus
:giratina: *Giratina
:groudon: *Groudon
:ho-oh: *Ho-Oh
:kyogre: Kyogre
:kyurem-black: *Kyurem-Black
:kyurem-white: *Kyurem-White
:lugia: *Lugia
:lunala: *Lunala
:marshadow: *Marshadow
:melmetal: *Melmetal
:mewtwo: *Mewtwo
:naganadel: *Naganadel
:necrozma-dawn wings: *Necrozma-Dawn Wings
:necrozma-dusk mane: *Necrozma-Dusk Mane
:palkia: *Palkia
:pheromosa: *Pheromosa
:rayquaza: *Rayquaza
:regieleki: *Regieleki
:regigigas: *Regigigas
:reshiram: *Reshiram
:urshifu: *Urshifu
:xerneas: *Xerneas
:yveltal: *Yveltal
:zacian: Zacian
:zacian-crowned: Zacian-Crowned
:zekrom: *Zekrom
:zygarde-complete: *Zygarde-Complete
*: Restricted from holding Mega Stones.
  • :beedrillite: Beedrillite (+60 Attack, -30 Special Attack, +70 Speed | Adaptability | N/A | 11 Kg)
  • :blazikenite: Blazikenite (+40 Attack, +10 Defense, +20 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Speed Boost | N/A | N/A)
  • :gengarite: Gengarite (+20 Defense, +40 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Shadow Tag | N/A | N/A)
  • :kangaskhanite: Kangaskanite (+30 Attack, +20 Defense, +20 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Parental Bond | N/A | +20 Kg)
  • :mawilite: Mawilite (+20 Attack, +40 Defense, +40 Special Defense | Huge Power | N/A | +12 Kg)
  • :medichamite: Medichamite (+40 Attack, +10 Defense, + 20 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Pure Power | N/A | N/A)
  • :pidgeotite: Pidgeotite (+5 Defense, +65 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense, +20 Speed | No Guard | N/A | +11 Kg)
Moody
Shadow Tag
Baton Pass
Electrify
*U-turn
*Volt Switch
*: Restricted moves can't be put in the first moveslot(s) to get their types changed prior to Mega Evolving

Resources
:slowbro::magearna::entei::yveltal::eternatus::tapu-koko: - Stored Power Tapu Koko + LO Eternatus Balance by Aggrometaile
:zeraora::ho-oh::slowbro::blissey::kartana::tapu-koko:- Lopunnite Zeraora + Tapu Koko Balance by DuckeryDoodle
:weavile::kartana::thundurus::zygarde::corviknight::blissey:- Weavile Bulky Offense by Clasmia
:kartana::rayquaza::entei::toxtricity::corviknight::blissey:- Rayquaza Bulky Offense by Clasmia
:landorus-therian::groudon::rayquaza::volcarona::corviknight::magnezone: - LO Groudon Hyper Offense by longhiep341
Rankings are listed in alphabetical order:

S Rank
Reserved for Pokemon that are absolutely meta-defining. These Pokemon are able to perform a variety of roles very effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits.

S

:zygarde: Zygarde [Lucarionite]

A Rank
Reserved for Pokémon that perform extremely well in the metagame. These Pokémon are typically considered excellent Pokémon let down by a few faults, thus keeping them out of S Rank. They typically require more support than an S Rank Pokémon, but nonetheless are very effective.

A+

:magearna: Magearna [Latiasite, Venusaurite, Manectite, Sablenite, Cameruptite]
:slowbro: Slowbro [Sablenite, Audinite, Cameruptite]

A

:dragonite: Dragonite [Lucarionite, Aerodactylite, Altarianite]
:kartana: Kartana [Metagrossite]
:tapu koko: Tapu Koko [Lucarionite, Lopunnite, Absolite]
:zeraora: Zeraora [Pinsirite, Lopunnite]

A-

:blissey: Blissey [Audinite, Sablenite]
:corviknight: Corviknight [Venusaurite, Sablenite]
:entei: Entei [Altarianite, Pinsirite, Charizardite-X, Lopunnite]
:eternatus: Eternatus [Life Orb, Black Sludge, Power Herb]
:groudon: Groudon [Leftovers, Life Orb]
:ho-oh: Ho-Oh [Heavy-Duty Boots, Choice Band]
:landorus-therian: Landorus-Therian [Salamencite, Lucarionite, Pinsirite]
:milotic: Milotic [Sablenite, Audinite]
:mew: Mew [Sablenite]
:rayquaza: Rayquaza [Choice Band, Life Orb, Heavy-Duty-Boots]
:solgaleo: Solgaleo [Metagrossite, Venusaurite, Latiasite]

B Rank

B Rank Pokémon are typically considered good, but overall quite niche, and require much more support than a Pokémon in A or S Rank. Their flaws are also much more prominent than Pokémon in S or A Rank, making them less effective overall.

B+

:dragapult: Dragapult [Scizorite, Lucarionite, Absolite, Diancite]
:heatran: Heatran [Ampharosite, Latiasite]
:lunala: Lunala [Power Herb, Heavy-Duty Boots, Leftovers]
:urshifu-rapid-strike: Urshifu-Rapid-Strike [Aerodactylite, Lucarionite, Scizorite]
:xerneas: Xerneas [Power Herb]
:zapdos: Zapdos [Cameruptite]

B

:blacephalon: Blacephalon [Lucarionite, Absolite, Charizardite Y]
:dhelmise: Dhelmise [Lopunnite]
:magnezone: Magnezone [Latiasite, Lucarionite, Diancite]
:slowking-galar: Slowking-Galar [Cameruptite, Sceptilite]
:steelix: Steelix [Latiasite, Venusaurite, Sablenite]
:terrakion: Terrakion [Diancite, Lucarionite]
:weavile: Weavile [Aerodactylite, Metagrossite, Lucarionite, Glalitite]
:yveltal: Yveltal [Heavy-Duty Boots, Choice Scarf, Choice Specs, Life Orb]

B-

:arcanine: Arcanine [Altarianite, Pinsirite, Charizardite X, Lopunnite]
:hippowdon: Hippowdon [Audinite, Altarianite, Venusaurite, Sablenite]
:noivern: Noivern [Gardevoirite, Altarianite]
:spectrier: Spectrier [Audinite, Altarianite, Sceptilite]
:tapu lele: Tapu Lele [Diancite, Lucarionite]
:thundurus: Thundurus [Absolite, Lucarionite]
:toxtricity: [Glalitite, Lucarionite]
:zapdos-galar: Zapdos-Galar [Metagrossite, Aerodactylite, Lucarionite]

C Rank

C Rank Pokémon are generally mediocre in metagame. They typically require much more support than Pokémon higher up the viability rankings, although they can still be effective in the right circumstances.

C+:

:clefable: Clefable [Ampharosite]
:toxapex: Toxapex [Latiasite, Gyaradosite]

C:

:arctozolt: Arctozolt [Mewtwonite X]
:dracovish: Dracovish [Sharpedonite, Swampertite]
:skarmory: Skarmory [Audinite, Metagrossite, Venusaurite]

C-:

:keldeo: Keldeo [Lucarionite, Altarianite]
S Rank:
:lucarionite: Lucarionite (+35 Attack, +18 Defense, +25 Special Attack, +22 Speed | Adaptability | N/A | +3.5 Kg)
A Rank:
:aerodactylite: Aerodactylite (+30 Attack, +20 Defense, +10 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Tough Claws | N/A | +20 Kg)
:altarianite: Altarianite (+40 Attack, +20 Defense, +40 Special Attack | Pixilate | +
| N/A)
:lopunnite: Lopunnite (+60 Attack, +10 Defense, +30 Speed | Scrappy | +
| -5 Kg)
:manectite: Manectite (+20 Defense, +30 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, +30 Speed | Intimidate | N/A | +3.8 Kg)
:metagrossite: Metagrossite (+10 Attack, +20 Defense, +10 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, +40 Speed | Tough Claws | N/A | +392.9 Kg)
:sablenite: Sablenite (+10 Attack, +50 Defense, +20 Special Attack, +50 Special Defense, -30 Speed | Magic Bounce | N/A | +150 Kg)
B Rank:
:audinite: Audinite (+40 Defense, +20 Special Attack, +40 Special Defense | Healer | +
| +1 Kg)
:charizardite x: Charizardite X (+46 Attack, +33 Defense, +21 Special Attack | Tough Claws | +
| +20 Kg)
:diancite: Diancite (+60 Attack, -40 Defense, +60 Special Attack, -40 Special Defense, +60 Speed | Magic Bounce | N/A | +19 Kg)
:pinsirite: Pinsirite (+30 Attack, +20 Defense, +10 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Aerilate | +
| +4 Kg)
C Rank:
:absolite: Absolite (+20 Attack, +40 Special Attack, +40 Speed | Magic Bounce | N/A | +2 Kg)
:ampharosite: Ampharosite (+20 Attack, +20 Defense, +50 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, -10 Speed | Mold Breaker | +
| N/A)
:blastoisinite: Blastoisinite (+20 Attack, +20 Defense, +50 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense | Mega Launcher | N/A | +15.6 Kg)
:cameruptite: Cameruptite (+20 Attack, +30 Defense, +40 Special Attack, +30 Special Defense, -20 Speed | Sheer Force | N/A | +100.5 Kg)
:charizardite y:Charizardite Y (+20 Attack, +50 Special Attack, +30 Special Defense | Drought | N/A | +10 Kg)
:gyaradosite: Gyaradosite (+30 Attack, +30 Defense, +10 Special Attack, +30 Special Defense | Mold Breaker | +
| +70 Kg)
:latiasite: Latiasite (+20 Attack, +30 Defense, +30 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense | Levitate | N/A | +12 Kg)
:scizorite: Scizorite (+20 Attack, +40 Defense, +10 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, +10 Speed | Technician | N/A | +7 Kg)
:tyranitarite: Tyranitarite (+30 Attack, +40 Defense, +20 Special Defense, +10 Speed | Sand Stream | N/A | +53 Kg)
:venusaurite: Venusaurite (+18 Attack, +40 Defense, +22 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense | Thick Fat | N/A | +55.5 Kg)
D rank:
:aggronite: Aggronite (+30 Attack, +50 Defense, +20 Special Defense | Filter | - Secondary | +35 Kg)
:alakazite: Alakazite (+20 Defense,+40 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense, +30 Speed | Trace | N/A | N/A)
:banettite: Banettite (+50 Attack, +10 Defense, +10 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, +10 Speed | Prankster | N/A | +0.5 Kg )
:gardevoirite: Gardevoirite (+20 Attack, +40 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Pixilate | N/A | N/A)
:glalitite: Glalitite (+40 Attack, +40 Special Attack, +20 Speed | Refrigerate | N/A | +93.7 Kg)
:heracronite: Heracronite (+60 Attack, +40 Defense, +10 Special Defense, -10 Speed | Skill Link | N/A | +8.5 Kg)
:houndoominite: Houndoominite (+40 Defense, +30 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Solar Power | N/A | +14.5 Kg)
:latiosite: Latiosite (+40 Attack, +20 Defense, +30 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense | Levitate | N/A | +10 Kg)
:mewtwonite x: Mewtwonite X (+80 Attack, +10 Defense, +10 Special Defense | Steadfast | +
| +5 Kg)
:salamencite: Salamencite (+10 Attack, +50 Defense, +10 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense, +20 Speed | Aerilate | N/A | +10 Kg)
:slowbronite: Slowbronite (+70 Defense, +30 Special Attack | Shell Armor | N/A | +31.5 Kg)
:swampertite: Swampertite (+40 Attack, +20 Defense, +10 Special Attack, +20 Special Defense, +10 Speed | Swift Swim | N/A | +20.1 Kg)
So what happens with Stones that change the user’s typing? Like Aggronite removing the second type, or Lopunnite replacing/adding fighting type.

Revelationmons Mix and Mega Playstyles and Cores
Heya! Since Rev MnM is the spotlight now, I thought of creating a post on it. This would be really helpful for new players, in case they are wondering what / how to build. I'll talk about just 2 playstyles, which are really solid in the current metagame.
1. Fly spam

:ss/rayquaza: :ss/dragonite: :ss/zeraora: :ss/zapdos-galar: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/thundurus-therian::ss/skarmory: :ss/corviknight:
Rayquaza is one of the most threatening breakers of the metagame. It has also got access to Dragon Dance and Swords Dance, which furthers its ability as a breaker, revenge killer and a potent set up sweeper. It's literally impossible to switch-into a Rayquaza due its awesome attack and Powerful STABs in V-Create and Extreme Speed. Earthquake leaves it with nearly perfect coverage, hitting Potential checks like Magearna and Rhyperior. Rayquaza can also wreck weather teams.
Dragonite is another mon which can be used in place of Rayquaza, having near similar roles. Unlike Rayquaza, though, it has pre-mega multiscale, and is a lot more consistent as a set-up mon. (unfortunately it doesn't really wreck weather and sacrifices a bit of power for consistency)
Pinsirite Zeraora is one the most threatening offensive pivots of the metagame, thanks to its unparalleled Speed tier as well as access to STAB boosted Plasma Fists and Mega Kick/Close Combat. Bulk up limits revenge killing options and makes it a dangerous wincon.
Zapdos-Galar is an underrated threat in my opinion. Thanks to its high attack stat, near perfect coverage and access to U-turn, Galarian Zapdos is can tear apart most builds. Its main buff is flying-type Thunderus kick, which actually reduces some of its problems (like neutrally hitting stuff like Slowbro, Toxapex and Mew instead of a resist).
Landorus Therian is another threatening Wallbreaker and a potent offensive pivot of the metagame, having access to Swords dance, Stealth Rock and near perfect coverage in Earthquake and Flying Type (STAB) Body Slam/Explosion. It being able to cover the teammates from potent electric types/Voltturn momentum and being able to set up stealth rock for limiting the opposing team's switchin' opportunities makes it really splashable on fly spam builds.
While the rest of the teammates succeed in breaking, Thundurus-Therian can end the game due to it being a wonderful Wincon, thanks to it having a high Speed and SpA stat, Nasty Plot, and near perfect Coverage.
Excellent wincons. They can be really difficult to check after set up (Iron Defense + Agility).
Good cores:
:landorus-therian: + :thundurus-therian:
Landorus Therian can keep up the offensive pressure by pivoting using U-turn and setting up rocks, while Thundurus attempts to search for opportunities to be a wincon for the team. Landorus can also answer things that Thundurus is vulnerable to, like Zeraora, Blissey and Tapu Koko.
:zapdos-galar: + :zeraora: + :landorus-therian:
While Galarian Zapdos and Zeraora attempt to wallbreak and maintain momentum, Landorus tries to provide support by Checking mons like Tapu Koko and setting up rocks. Zera plays a pivotal role by checking mons like Rayquaza and Slowbro, which otherwise are major issues for the core.

Fly Spam is arguably one of the best playstyle at the moment, due to it having good matchups against other playstyles and offensive capabilities. Momentum is also a key factor as to why it's so solid

2. Electric Spam
Lately, Electric spam has also seen a lot of usage. The factors, as to why it's so, in my opinion is because fly spam is really solid and voltturn is one of the best forms of gaining momentum (it can never be bad lol)
:ss/tapu-koko: :ss/zeraora: :ss/thundurus-therian: :ss/zapdos:
This mon should be placed in A+ in my opinion. It's just SO good. It's able to smack most builds, including Fly spam, BO, Balance, Stall and Electric spam itself, thanks to its blistering speed tier and offense stats and access to electric terrain + adaptability boosted Brave Bird, which is able to 2HKO, if not OHKO, literally anything. Fairy coverage and U-turn can threaten most switchins. Roost helps it in the long run (to stay healthy, basically for longetivity). Recently, the Calm Mind+Stored Power sets have also seen usage, which can perform as an excellent wincon.
Good cores:
:tapu-koko: + :thundurus-therian: + :slowbro:
The aim of the core is to maintain as much offensive pressure as possible using Tapu koko (as a pivot+early game cleaner|breaker) and Thundurus (as a late game sweeper). Slowbro attempts to check threats to which the two are vulnerable to, like Zygarde and Landorus-Therian.
:zeraora: +:thundurus-therian: + :slowbro:

Now, I'd like to talk about what other cores can be used in the Metagame. (Beginner's guide)

Balance
:slowbro: + :magearna: + :zapdos:/ :zeraora: / :thundurus-therian:
:slowbro: + :blissey: + :dragonite:
:zygarde: + :slowbro: + :kartana:

Bulky Offense
:zygarde: + :kartana: + :groudon:
:entei: + :zapdos: + :landorus-therian:

Stall (lol I won't give anymore of it please don't use it)
:blissey: + :slowbro: + :magearna:

READER'S BONUS:

:ss/zeraora::ss/zapdos-galar::ss/slowbro::ss/landorus-therian::ss/xerneas::ss/solgaleo:

I mentioned the core used in this Fly spam team. Slowbro is used to control hazards as well as smack Zygarde builds, while Xerneas can perform as a great cleaner. The electric types and slowbro attempt to provide as many opportunities as possible for Xerneas to set up. Solgaleo does a great job as a Magearna, Xerneas and Galarian Zapdos check as well as a speed control measure.
Zeraora @ Pinsirite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Bulk Up
- Volt Switch

Zapdos-Galar @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Thunderous Kick
- Brave Bird
- U-turn

Slowbro @ Sablenite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Slack Off
- Ice Beam
- Teleport

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 228 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Body Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 48 HP / 172 Def / 252 SpA / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Geomancy
- Substitute

Solgaleo @ Metagrossite
Ability: Full Metal Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Morning Sun

Last edited:
So what happens with Stones that change the user’s typing? Like Aggronite removing the second type, or Lopunnite replacing/adding fighting type.
Aggronite removes the secondary typing, so the mon doesn't get the 2nd move as the STAB.
Since Lopunnite adds fighting type, the 2nd move of the mon becomes a fighting type move. Same goes with other type changing stones like Charizardite X, Ampharosite, etc.

Last edited:

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
Pinsirite Zeraora is one the most threatening offensive pivots of the metagame, thanks to its unparalleled Speed tier as well as access to STAB boosted Plasma Fists and Mega Kick/Close Combat. Bulk up Zera is a very threatening wincon and limits revenge killing options.
For those who are wondering why you would ever run Mega Kick over Close Combat, it's because of Volt Switch in the second slot. Because of how the Revelationmons Mod works, Volt Switch can be used as a Flying-type move after Mega Evolution while keeping its other Flying-type move, Mega Kick, along with being 144BP and not 120BP. This is the same case with Lopunnite sets, though that has a slightly weaker but more reliable Fighting-type STAB in Close Combat, with Scrappy making Volt Switch a perfect pivot move.

:ss/Mew:
A popular new strategy that has arises due to Gen 8 Crit mechanics is Crit-Me-Not Sweeper. A sweeper that boosts both sides of their defenses in order to sweep. One of the premier sweepers for that archetype is Mew, and arguably is the best one.
1649526880640.png

Audinite gives Mew incredible 100/140/140 Defenses, but namely the Fairy typing. After Mega Evolving, Mew can have access to Fairy type Stored Power or Body Press. That is the biggest reason to use Audinite on Cosmic Power Mew as it allows you to hit Dark types that otherwise would wall Mew, and Mew gets some nice bonuses too.
1649527126578.png

Sanlenite gives an even better boost and prevents regular Status moves from affecting Mew, which lets Mew free up a slot, but Stored Power is now always Psychic (unless the opponent uses Soak or Forest Curse) and you need another move to deal with Dark types.
1649527358511.png

The more meme of the 3, but this stone is the one that truly can not be crit without Mold Breaker. Unfortunately, it has the weaknesses of both the other Stones and does nothing for Special Defense (although that isn’t so bad tbh)
:Registeel:
This guy can be a good alternative to Mew, but only if you can handle Zygarde in some way and relies on Body Press too. Can use Aggronite for it so it can stomach Adapt TA. It also is immune to Toxic, which combined eith its defenses means it is harder to brute force around Registeel
:Jirachi:
Combines both of Mew and Registeel’s qualities into one package, but leaves out Registeel’s Stats, Mew’s movepool, and does worse against Zygarde
:Goodra:
I remember using a similar set in Godly Gift with Calyrex-I defense, and here Goodra can use Audinite for Fairy Body Press and having insane bulk.

A popular new strategy that has arises due to Gen 8 Crit mechanics is Crit-Me-Not Sweeper. A sweeper that boosts both sides of their defenses in order to sweep. One of the premier sweepers for that archetype is Mew, and arguably is the best one.
1649526880640.png

Audinite gives Mew incredible 100/140/140 Defenses, but namely the Fairy typing. After Mega Evolving, Mew can have access to Fairy type Stored Power or Body Press. That is the biggest reason to use Audinite on Cosmic Power Mew as it allows you to hit Dark types that otherwise would wall Mew, and Mew gets some nice bonuses too.
Audinite Cosmic Power Mew actually has quite a few flaws/problems.
1. It's vulnerable to status, especially toxic.
2. It's also vulnerable to mons like Solgaleo and Kartana
3. Lack of Magic Bounce would mean Phazers can reliably handle it.
4. Looking at what the meta is like atm, I don't think it's consistent enough to actually set up and do things.

This guy can be a good alternative to Mew, but only if you can handle Zygarde in some way and relies on Body Press too. Can use Aggronite for it so it can stomach Adapt TA. It also is immune to Toxic, which combined eith its defenses means it is harder to brute force around Registeel
The problem with Registeel is that it doesn't have a reliable form of recovery, and is completely reliant on Resttalk. Mons like Skarmory and Corviknight, on the other hand, have access to roost, making them a bit better and overall consistent wincons. Unlike Registeel, these mons can also use an attack (for coverage) or Agility (performing as a dangerous wincon) as the 4th move.

Combines both of Mew and Registeel’s qualities into one package, but leaves out Registeel’s Stats, Mew’s movepool, and does worse against Zygarde
I don't know what you mean by this. Jirachi is just a worse Registeel/Skarmory/Corviknight (also Mew).

I remember using a similar set in Godly Gift with Calyrex-I defense, and here Goodra can use Audinite for Fairy Body Press and having insane bulk.
This has the same problems as Mew and also lacks a reliable form of recovery. Weakness to Pixilate (espeed/boomburst) / Fairy type is also a major problem.

Audinite Cosmic Power Mew actually has quite a few flaws/problems.
1. It's vulnerable to status, especially toxic.
2. It's also vulnerable to mons like Solgaleo and Kartana
3. Lack of Magic Bounce would mean Phazers can reliably handle it.
4. Looking at what the meta is like atm, I don't think it's consistent enough to actually set up and do things.

The problem with Registeel is that it doesn't have a reliable form of recovery, and is completely reliant on Resttalk. Mons like Skarmory and Corviknight, on the other hand, have access to roost, making them a bit better and overall consistent wincons. Unlike Registeel, these mons can also use an attack (for coverage) or Agility (performing as a dangerous wincon) as the 4th move.

I don't know what you mean by this. Jirachi is just a worse Registeel/Skarmory/Corviknight (also Mew).

This has the same problems as Mew and also lacks a reliable form of recovery. Weakness to Pixilate (espeed/boomburst) / Fairy type is also a major problem.
Most of these sets have ways of bypassing those flaws.
The point is that these Pokemon would boost up to the point where they are unkillable by regular attacks with Iron Defense+Amnesia/Cosmic Power, have some way to prevent status or cure it with things like Magic Bounce/Taunt/Rest, and then sweep with either Body Press or Stored Power.
These aren’t just gimmicks, these are based on actual sets seen on quite a few Pokemon. You can see the analysis on OU Mew, Uber Eternatus, UU Registeel, and LC Natu. The idea also came from one of Freezai’s recent videos too (and it’s also his birthday today btw)

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
ou can see the analysis on OU Mew, Uber Eternatus, UU Registeel, and LC Natu.
All of these are tiers that have lower power levels the Rev MnM, making strategies like this harder.
unkillable by regular attacks with Iron Defense+Amnesia/Cosmic Power,
252 Atk Tough Claws Solgaleo @ Metagrossite Sunsteel Strike vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Mew @ Audinite: 234-276 (57.9 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Kartana @ Metagrossite X-Scissor vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Mew @ Audinite: 228-270 (56.4 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Adaptability Zygarde @ Lucarionite Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Registeel @ Aggronite: 198-234 (54.3 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

A lot of the Pokemon you mentioned are also threatened by different offensive Pokemon that are quite common, making them even harder to set up

All of these are tiers that have lower power levels the Rev MnM, making strategies like this harder.
I know that part, but it’s like saying Sweepers aren’t a strategy in MnM because QD Rimbombee exists in PU.
Obviously don’t use Level 5 Natu with Eviolite in this Metagame. Use bulky Pokemon with the bulky mega stones, and set up your boosts.
And if Mew in standard OU can expect to see support with Toxapex Baneful Bunker and even Flame Body Heatran, then surely expecting some way to beat or just burn Solgaleo wouldn’t be too far out of the picture, and that is just for Audinite Mew, a set most people aren’t going to realize is Cosmic Power or Double Dance.

Clas

my main tier is yes
is a Tiering Contributor
View attachment 417849
View attachment 417854
Sanlenite gives an even better boost and prevents regular Status moves from affecting Mew, which lets Mew free up a slot, but Stored Power is now always Psychic (unless the opponent uses Soak or Forest Curse) and you need another move to deal with Dark types.
View attachment 417855
The more meme of the 3, but this stone is the one that truly can not be crit without Mold Breaker. Unfortunately, it has the weaknesses of both the other Stones and does nothing for Special Defense (although that isn’t so bad tbh)
Past Taunt :audinite:Audinite Mew, I don't really see this working too well. Every other one you listed struggles to effectively boost and Mew only works thanks to recovery + Taunt. IronSpeed sets are generally more consistent, with Skarmory being the best in a more defensive team and Corviknight as a bulky IronPress sweeper on Offense. Steelix is another option, tho lacks reliable recovery and so requires a bit of support to be more effective (it is still the best in terms of power, though)
Mew @ Audinite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Stored Power
- Cosmic Power
- Roost
Corviknight @ Venusaurite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Roost
- Defog
Skarmory @ Metagrossite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Agility
Steelix @ Latiasite / Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Smack Down
- Rest

Hello everyone! I'm posting here on behalf of the Mix and Mega LC Council.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
New Council:
The new council includes me, TrainerGoldAlt and WMAR.
New Samples (additions):
:ponyta::carvanha::mienfoo::scyther::onix::tangela: - Lucarionite Carvanha + Choice Scarf Scyther Hyper Offense by Aggrometaile
:carvanha::grookey::cufant::ponyta::dwebble::klink: - Klink Hyper Offense by TrainerGoldAlt
WMAR Roldski32 please update the hubs
This post is huge. So, I'm dividing it into a few sections:
1. Metagame Trends
2. Honorable mentions
3. About the tier+HO building tips
4. pVR attempt
5. Reader's Bonus- interesting team showcase (just 1 for now)

Metagame Trends:
1.:ss/carvanha:
Carvanha is one of the best Wallbreakers as well as late/mid-game cleaner thanks to pre-mega Speed Boost and almost unresisted STAB combo. After a speed boost, it outspeeds almost the entire metagame.
Why Carvanha is better in LC MnM than LC:
1. Reduction in usage of Defensive mons. Mons like Foongus, Koffing and Mareanie are extremely rare in the Metagame due to HO being a dominant archetype.
2. Reduction in usage of some of its checks like vacuum wave/mach punch mons. Moreover, Carvanha can also run Pinsirite to overcome those fears (if they ever show up).
3. More power due to stone boosts and abilities (like Adaptability, Tough Claws, Aerilate and Mega Launcher).
Set 1: Adaptability
Carvanha @ Lucarionite
Ability: Speed Boost
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Crunch
- Protect
- Flip Turn / Aqua Jet

1649834821681.png

Description:
This is a fairly simple set. Carvanha really appreciates Crunch+Liquidation boosted by Adaptability from Lucarionite. The strategy is to either use Protect turn 1 (unmegaed), to outspeed opponents and further its cleaning potential or/and Flip turn out of bad matchups or chip switchins, while unmegaed.

Set 2: Mega Launcher
Carvanha @ Blastoisinite
EVs: 236 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Flip Turn / Ancient Power

- Protect
1649835141153.png

Description: Blastoisinite Carvanha is arguably the hardest hitting Carvanha. Blastoisinite is able to get rid of some of its problems (that it faces with lucarionite) like being able to OHKO a chipped Tangela, Chipped Scyther, etc as well as protection from intimidate. The strategy is pretty much same as Lucarionite set.
Why this set is necessary:
236+ (timid) Speed evs hit 25 speed at +1, which outspeeds Metagrossite Ponyta. Ancient Power can be used over Flip turn for hitting stuff like Scyther, Vullaby and Sneasel. Carvanha getting the ancient Power boost would likely result in a sweep.

Set 3: Aerilate Wallbreaker
Carvanha @ Pinsirite
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Protect
- Liquidation

- Double-Edge
1649845685583.png

Description: Pinsirite Carvanha is arguably the most dangerous Carvanha thanks to its unresisted STAB combo and power. Pinsirite gets rid of some of the problems like Tangela, Sneasel, Scyther, etc. It forces Mienfoo into a 50/50 (instead of a guaranteed check: Mienfoo vs Pinsirite Carvanha is a mindgame) and removes its weakness to priority moves (Other than -ates FakeFeint) like Mach Punch, Grassy Glide and First Impression. It hits almost as hard as Blastoisinite (thanks to its already 120 power move Double Edge boosted by STAB and Aerilate). Pinsirite Carvanha isn't really frail, unlike other Carvanhas.

What are examples of some checks ?
Lucarionite / Blastoisinite:

:vullaby:
:cottonee:
:tangela:
:mienfoo:
:timburr:
:grookey:
Pinsirite:
:elekid:
:pawniard:
What can I pair Carvanha with?
Carvanha enjoys having teammates which can give it as many opportunities as possible to come to the field, like Mienfoo (Fast Pivoting) and Vullaby (Slow Pivoting). It also loves having teammates that can set up hazards like Onix, Dwebble, Koffing, etc. Teammates like Ponyta, Klink, Scyther and Sneasel, which can maintain offensive pressure throughout the game and eliminate/chip the mons it has hard time against are also appreciated.

[Overview](as to why it's so strong):
Carvanha is able to put loads on pressure on the opposing team (as well as team-building, of course), even unmegaed, by either getting at least 1 KO everytime it comes in or just by using Protect+Flip Turn. It's a great Wallbreaker and Late Game Cleaner and has literally 0 switchins.
Is Carvanha balanced?
Hm, that's a pretty difficult question. But as of now, I think yes. I think the meta has adapted to Carvanha. In my opinion, inconsistency with its role and a good number of checks is what makes it kinda balanced. Looking at how unreliable its checks are, it's still a major offensive threat, and the council will keep an eye on it.

Now moving to the 2nd Mon...
2. :ss/ponyta:
Metagrossite Ponyta is a dangerous breaker thanks to its high attack and speed combined with excellent coverage options and good bulk. Flame Charge Ponyta has the ability to clean Mid/Late-game and is one of the most consistent cleaners of the metagame.
The set: Metagrossite 3 attacks+Flame Charge/Morning Sun
Ponyta @ Metagrossite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- High Horsepower

- Flame Charge / Morning Sun
1649845777113.png

Description:

The set aims at maximising Ponyta's capability as a cleaner (and offensive threat)
Why this set|spread is necessary:
76 Def EVs let's Ponyta survive a 2HKO from Pinsirite Mienfoo's fake out (after Spikes IIRC). 196+ (Jolly) Speed EVs leaves it with 24 speed, which outspeeds non-CS Scyther, Sneasel, Lopunnite Buneary and Scorbunny (and a few other 24> spe mons, won't name them all). Flame Charge can be run for it to clean late-game, allowing it to outspeed threats like Diancite Staryu and Choice Scarf Scyther after 1 boost. Morning sun can be used over Flame Charge for longetivity.

What are examples of some checks?
:staryu:
:tyrunt:
:Onix:
:squirtle: (+Mienfoo)
:Carvanha: (consistent check with Lucarionite Aqua Jet)

What can I pair Ponyta with?
A few Ponyta cores are given below:
:Ponyta:+:grookey: / :tangela:
:Ponyta:+:carvanha:
:Ponyta:+:Mienfoo:

[Overview]
Ponyta is one of the most splashable mons of the metagame, being able to check literally 80% of the metagame and also act as a speed control measure (keeping aside the fact that it's one of the best breakers and cleaners of the meta). Flame Body is also a very useful pre-mega ability, by virtue of which it can actually threaten mons like Grookey, Vullaby and Altarianite Mienfoo. Ponyta cores and teams are a menace to break.
Is Ponyta balanced ?
Ponyta is...er...borderline in my opinion. For now, I don't have answer to this question. But, it's really easy to chip a ponyta(lol recoil)... The council would keep a close eye on it.

3. :ss/Mienfoo:
Mienfoo is an awesome wallbreaker, revenge killer as well as offensive pivot of the tier. FakeFeint can easily wear down a lot of offensive threats of the metagame like Carvanha, Ponyta and Pawniard. U-turn lets it threaten possible switchins like Tangela and Koffing and gain momentum. Mienfoo doesn't really fear status here, unlike LC, thanks to its access to -ate boosted STAB facade (which also furthers its wallbreaking potential).
Sets: Fake Feint + U-Turn
Mienfoo @ Pinsirite / Altarianite
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- U-turn

- Facade / High Jump Kick
1649845811917.png

1649845835698.png

Altarianite:

:koffing:
:Ponyta:
:ponyta-galar:
Pinsirite:
What can I pair Mienfoo with?
Mienfoo Cores:

:mienfoo:+:ponyta-galar:
:mienfoo:+:tangela:+:vullaby:
:mienfoo:+:natu:

Is Mienfoo balanced?
Yes, Mienfoo is balanced. A lot of mons can easily offensively pressure Mienfoo. It also struggles against some of the defensive mons of the tier.

4. :ss/Onix:

Onix is a premier Stealth Rock user of the tier because of its Speed, good physical bulk, pre-mega sturdy and ability to threaten mons like Vullaby, Sneasel and Scyther thanks to its high attack and unresisted STAB combo. It's by far the most consistent rocks setter + best lead in most builds, most notably Hyper Offense. 196+ (Jolly) speed evs hit 24 speed, which outspeeds stuff like Sneasel, Scyther, etc and speedties Metagrossite Ponyta. The strategy is to keep sturdy to avoid a possible OHKO (Like against Staryu), or just mega evolve with Diancite and do the job, i.e, set up Rocks (Like against stuff like Mienfoo).
The set: Lead (Stealth Rock)
Onix @ Diancite
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

- Taunt
1649846637676.png

Nothing can really stop Onix from doing its job (not naming Fake Out+Glide Grookey, which no-one uses+is easy to cover for), but here are a few checks:
What can I pair Onix with?
Like I said, Onix doesn't really need a partner. It just fits on any HO build really nicely. Tangela deserves a notable mention (as a partner), though.
Is Onix balanced?
Hm, I think so. Onix is quite threatening, but most teams just sack it turn 1. There's always Grookey good hazard removal options like Vullaby, Staryu, Squirtle, etc, too.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

:ss/sneasel:
Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard / Brick Break
- Triple Axel

- Knock Off
Sneasel is a premier example of a breaker as well as cleaner of the tier thanks to its access to Swords dance, high attack, good speed tier and almost unresisted STAB combo.
Checks: :carvanha: :ponyta: :mienfoo:
2. :ss/scyther: (evs could be better I guess)
Scyther @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- U-turn
- Feint

- Brick Break
Yo technician wingbeat is awesome. Choice Scarf Scyther is a premier breaker which can threaten with its high attack, movepool and speed. U-turn is a good way to hit some of its switchins and gain momentum. Scyther is an excellent Speed control measure, and is capable of outspeeding stuff like +1 Speed Carvanha (most variants). However, in my opinion, it's pretty mediocre due to its 4* weakness to rocks and inconsistency (basically getting locked into the wrong move and fear of letting cleaners in).
Checks: :ponyta: :mienfoo: :sneasel:

3. :ss/pawniard:
Pawniard @ Lucarionite
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

- Iron Head
Another cleaner in the game. Its a dangerous one thanks to its access to Swords Dance, almost unresisted STAB combo and Sucker Punch, which can be used to secure a KO on faster mons.
Checks: :mienfoo: :scyther:

4. :ss/tangela:
Tangela @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 116 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Stun Spore

- Substitute
Despite how many mons actually threaten Tangela, it has proven itself to be a good Defensive tank. Its awesome defense paired with Eviolite and Regenerator gives Tangela amazing longevity, which is further increased by Giga Drain, which threatens water types like Staryu and ground types like Onix. The most primary reason why Tangela is actually good is that it has a good number of ways to threaten the entire metagame. Stun Spore gives Tangela amazing utility, which paralyzes mons like Ponyta, Pawniard, Sneasel etc to reduce their threat-level significantly. Tangela also appreciates the fall of Knock Off users in the meta. Sludge Bomb poisoning can get past threats like Vullaby. Tangela can set up Substitute vs switch-in vs threats like Grookey, Altar Mienfoo, etc and threaten the next mon with Stun Spore or a move, whilst they try to destroy the Substitute.
Checks: :ponyta: :scyther: :sneasel: :pawniard:
5. :ss/staryu:
Staryu @ Diancite / Absolite / Manectite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 76 Def / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Thunderbolt / Psychic
- Ice Beam

- Rapid Spin
The second Abra. Staryu is an amazing cleaner thanks to its high SpA stat, speed and movepool. Rapid Spin is also an amazing move, giving it some utility.
Checks: :mienfoo: :pawniard: :carvanha:
IS THE TIER BALANCED? IF NOT, WHAT'S THE TIER LIKE?
The tier, the council feels, is pretty Okay. The main archetype of the tier is Hyper Offense.

HOW DO I BUILD HO FOR THE TIER?

S/o to TrainerGoldAlt for helping me with this, the HO building guide is now here:

1. START OFF WITH THE RIGHT LEAD:
:ss/onix: :ss/dwebble:

2. USE THE SUPREME ONES:
:ss/ponyta: :ss/carvanha:

3. SET-UP SWEEPERS:
:ss/pawniard: :ss/sneasel: :ss/ponyta-galar:

4. OTHER OPTIONS (Like tanks and pivots):
:ss/tangela: :ss/scyther:

For the last part....
S
S-
A+

:onix: Onix
:ponyta: Ponyta
A
:carvanha: Carvanha
A-
:mienfoo: Mienfoo
:Pawniard: Pawniard
:Scyther: Scyther
:Sneasel: Sneasel
:Vullaby: Vullaby
B+
:Dwebble: Dwebble
:Ponyta-Galar: Ponyta-Galar
:porygon: Porygon
:staryu: Staryu
B
:Cottonee:Cottonee
:grookey: Grookey
:krabby: Krabby
:Tangela: Tangela
B-
:Ferroseed: Ferroseed
:Foongus: Foongus
:koffing: Koffing
:mareanie: Mareanie
:natu: Natu
:rufflet: Rufflet
:squirtle: Squirtle

Thanks a lot for reading this post! Man, took ages to write this post. So better give me my likes.

READER'S BONUS:
This team might not be really effective in the tier, but is this fun to use!...
:ss/carvanha::ss/tangela::ss/hippopotas::ss/ponyta-galar::ss/rufflet::ss/pawniard:
-Tangela + Set up spam
The idea is to maintain as much offensive pressure early game, through Tangela, Hippopotas and Galalrian Ponyta so that Pinsirite Carvanha, Pawniard and Rufflet can clean/sweep late-game.

e: PS: :vullaby: Vullaby can never be bad lol. :vullaby:

Last edited:
You went all out lol
Hello everyone! I'm posting here on behalf of the Mix and Mega LC Council.

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
New Council:
The new council includes me, TrainerGoldAlt and WMAR.
New Samples (additions):
:ponyta::carvanha::mienfoo::scyther::onix::tangela: - Lucarionite Carvanha + Choice Scarf Scyther Hyper Offense by Aggrometaile
:carvanha::grookey::cufant::ponyta::dwebble::klink: - Klink Hyper Offense by TrainerGoldAlt
WMAR Roldski32 please update the hubs
This post is huge. So, I'm dividing it into a few sections:
1. Metagame Trends
2. Honorable mentions
3. About the tier+HO building tips
4. pVR attempt
5. Reader's Bonus- interesting team showcase (just 1 for now)

Metagame Trends:
1.:ss/carvanha:
Carvanha is one of the best Wallbreakers as well as late/mid-game cleaner thanks to pre-mega Speed Boost and almost unresisted STAB combo. After a speed boost, it outspeeds almost the entire metagame.
Why Carvanha is better in LC MnM than LC:
1. Lack of Defensive mons. Mons like Foongus, Koffing and Mareanie are extremely rare in the Metagame due to HO being a dominant archetype.
2. Lack of some of its checks like First Impression Trapinch and Mach Punch Timburr. Moreover, Carvanha can also run Pinsirite to overcome those fears (if they ever show up).
3. More power due to stone boosts and abilities (like Adaptability, Tough Claws, Aerilate and Mega Launcher).
Set 1: Adaptability
Carvanha @ Lucarionite
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Crunch
- Protect
- Flip Turn / Aqua Jet

View attachment 418547
Description:
This is a fairly simple set. Carvanha really appreciates Crunch+Liquidation boosted by Adaptability from Lucarionite. The strategy is to either use Protect turn 1 (unmegaed), to outspeed opponents and further its cleaning potential or/and Flip turn out of bad matchups or chip switchins, while unmegaed.

Set 2: Mega Launcher
Carvanha @ Blastoisinite
EVs: 236 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Flip Turn / Ancient Power

- Protect
View attachment 418552
Description: Blastoisinite Carvanha is arguably the hardest hitting Carvanha. Blastoisinite is able to get rid of some of its problems (that it faces with lucarionite) like being able to OHKO a chipped Tangela, Chipped Scyther, etc as well as protection from intimidate. The strategy is pretty much same as Lucarionite set.
Why this set is necessary:
236+ (timid) Speed evs hit 25 speed at +1, which outspeeds Metagrossite Ponyta. Ancient Power can be used over Flip turn for hitting stuff like Scyther, Vullaby and Sneasel. Carvanha getting the ancient Power boost would likely result in a sweep.

Set 3: Aerilate Wallbreaker
Carvanha @ Pinsirite
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Protect
- Liquidation

- Double-Edge
View attachment 418557

Description: Pinsirite Carvanha is arguably the most dangerous Carvanha thanks to its unresisted STAB combo and power. Pinsirite gets rid of some of the problems like Tangela, Sneasel, Scyther, etc. It forces Mienfoo into a 50/50 (instead of a guaranteed check: Mienfoo vs Pinsirite Carvanha is a mindgame) and removes its weakness to priority moves (Other than -ates FakeFeint) like Mach Punch, Grassy Glide and First Impression. It hits almost as hard as Blastoisinite (thanks to its already 120 power move Double Edge boosted by STAB and Aerilate). Pinsirite Carvanha isn't really frail, unlike other Carvanhas.

What are examples of some checks ?
Lucarionite / Blastoisinite:

:cottonee:
:timburr:
Pinsirite:
What can I pair Carvanha with?
Carvanha enjoys having teammates which can give it as many opportunities as possible to come to the field, like Mienfoo (Fast Pivoting) and Vullaby (Slow Pivoting). It also loves having teammates that can set up hazards like Onix, Dwebble, Koffing, etc. Teammates like Ponyta, Klink, Scyther and Sneasel, which can maintain offensive pressure throughout the game and eliminate/chip the mons it has hard time against are also appreciated.

[Overview](as to why it's so strong):
Carvanha is able to put loads on pressure on the opposing team (as well as team-building, of course), even unmegaed, by either getting at least 1 KO everytime it comes in or just by using Protect+Flip Turn. It's a great Wallbreaker and Late Game Cleaner and has literally 0 switchins.
Is Carvanha balanced?
Hm, that's a pretty difficult question. But as of now, I think yes. I think the meta has adapted to Carvanha. In my opinion, inconsistency with its role and a good number of checks is what makes it kinda balanced. Looking at how unreliable its checks are, it's still a major offensive threat, and the council will keep an eye on it.

Now moving to the 2nd Mon...
2. :ss/ponyta:
Metagrossite Ponyta is a dangerous breaker thanks to its high attack and speed combined with excellent coverage options and good bulk. Flame Charge Ponyta has the ability to clean Mid/Late-game and is one of the most consistent cleaners of the metagame.
The set: Metagrossite 3 attacks+Flame Charge/Morning Sun
Ponyta @ Metagrossite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- High Horsepower

- Flame Charge / Morning Sun
View attachment 418558

Description:

The set aims at maximising Ponyta's capability as a cleaner (and offensive threat)
Why this set|spread is necessary:
76 Def EVs let's Ponyta survive a 2HKO from Pinsirite Mienfoo's fake out (after Spikes IIRC). 196+ (Jolly) Speed EVs leaves it with 24 speed, which outspeeds non-CS Scyther, Sneasel, Lopunnite Buneary and Scorbunny (and a few other 24> spe mons, won't name them all). Flame Charge can be run for it to clean late-game, allowing it to outspeed threats like Diancite Staryu and Choice Scarf Scyther after 1 boost. Morning sun can be used over Flame Charge for longetivity.

:tyrunt:
:Onix:
:squirtle: (+Mienfoo)
:Carvanha: (consistent check with Lucarionite Aqua Jet)

What can I pair Ponyta with?
A few Ponyta cores are given below:
:Ponyta:+:grookey: / :tangela:
:Ponyta:+:carvanha:
:Ponyta:+:Mienfoo:

[Overview]
Ponyta is one of the most splashable mons of the metagame, being able to check literally 80% of the metagame and also act as a speed control measure (keeping aside the fact that it's one of the best breakers and cleaners of the meta). Flame Body is also a very useful pre-mega ability, by virtue of which it can actually threaten mons like Grookey, Vullaby and Altarianite Mienfoo. Ponyta cores and teams are a menace to break.
Is Ponyta balanced ?
Ponyta is...er...borderline in my opinion. For now, I don't have answer to this question. But, it's really easy to chip a ponyta(lol recoil)... The council would keep a close eye on it.

3. :ss/Mienfoo:
Mienfoo is an awesome wallbreaker, revenge killer as well as offensive pivot of the tier. FakeFeint can easily wear down a lot of offensive threats of the metagame like Carvanha, Ponyta and Pawniard. U-turn lets it threaten possible switchins like Tangela and Koffing and gain momentum. Mienfoo doesn't really fear status here, unlike LC, thanks to its access to -ate boosted STAB facade (which also furthers its wallbreaking potential).
Sets: Fake Feint + U-Turn
Mienfoo @ Pinsirite / Altarianite
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- U-turn

- Facade / High Jump Kick
View attachment 418559
View attachment 418560
Altarianite:

Pinsirite:
What can I pair Mienfoo with?
Mienfoo Cores:

:mienfoo:+:ponyta-galar:
:mienfoo:+:tangela:+:vullaby:
:mienfoo:+:natu:

Is Mienfoo balanced?
Yes, Mienfoo is balanced. A lot of mons can easily offensively pressure Mienfoo. It also struggles against some of the defensive mons of the tier.

4. :ss/Onix:

Onix is a premier Stealth Rock user of the tier because of its Speed, good physical bulk, pre-mega sturdy and ability to threaten mons like Vullaby, Sneasel and Scyther thanks to its high attack and unresisted STAB combo. It's by far the most consistent rocks setter + best lead in most builds, most notably Hyper Offense. 196+ (Jolly) speed evs hit 24 speed, which outspeeds stuff like Sneasel, Scyther, etc and speedties Metagrossite Ponyta. The strategy is to keep sturdy to avoid a possible OHKO (Like against Staryu), or just mega evolve with Diancite and do the job, i.e, set up Rocks (Like against stuff like Mienfoo).
The set: Lead (Stealth Rock)
Onix @ Diancite
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake

- Taunt
View attachment 418561
Nothing can really stop Onix from doing its job (not naming Fake Out+Glide Grookey, which no-one uses+is easy to cover for), but here are a few checks:
What can I pair Onix with?
Like I said, Onix doesn't really need a partner. It just fits on any HO build really nicely. Tangela deserves a notable mention (as a partner), though.
Is Onix balanced?
Hm, I think so. Onix is quite threatening, but most teams just sack it turn 1. There's always Grookey good hazard removal options like Vullaby, Staryu, Squirtle, etc, too.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

:ss/sneasel:
Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard / Brick Break
- Triple Axel

- Knock Off
Sneasel is a premier example of a breaker as well as cleaner of the tier thanks to its access to Swords dance, high attack, good speed tier and almost unresisted STAB combo.
2. :ss/scyther: (evs could be better I guess)
Scyther @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- U-turn
- Feint

- Brick Break
Yo technician wingbeat is awesome. Choice Scarf Scyther is a premier breaker which can threaten with its high attack, movepool and speed. U-turn is a good way to hit some of its switchins and gain momentum. Scyther is an excellent Speed control measure, and is capable of outspeeding stuff like +1 Speed Carvanha (most variants). However, in my opinion, it's pretty mediocre due to its 4* weakness to rocks and inconsistency (basically getting locked into the wrong move and fear of letting cleaners in).

3. :ss/pawniard:
Pawniard @ Lucarionite
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

- Iron Head
Another cleaner in the game. Its a dangerous one thanks to its access to Swords Dance, almost unresisted STAB combo and Sucker Punch, which can be used to secure a KO on faster mons.

4. :ss/tangela:
Tangela @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Def / 116 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Stun Spore

- Substitute
Despite how many mons actually threaten Tangela, it has proven itself to be a good Defensive tank. Its awesome defense paired with Eviolite and Regenerator gives Tangela amazing longevity, which is further increased by Giga Drain, which threatens water types like Staryu and ground types like Onix. The most primary reason why Tangela is actually good is that it has a good number of ways to threaten the entire metagame. Stun Spore gives Tangela amazing utility, which paralyzes mons like Ponyta, Pawniard, Sneasel etc to reduce their threat-level significantly. Tangela also appreciates the fall of Knock Off users in the meta. Sludge Bomb poisoning can get past threats like Vullaby. Tangela can set up Substitute vs switch-in vs threats like Grookey, Altar Mienfoo, etc and threaten the next mon with Stun Spore or a move, whilst they try to destroy the Substitute.

5. :ss/staryu:
Staryu @ Diancite / Absolite / Manectite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 76 Def / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Thunderbolt / Psychic
- Ice Beam

- Rapid Spin
The second Abra. Staryu is an amazing cleaner thanks to its high SpA stat, speed and movepool. Rapid Spin is also an amazing move, giving it some utility.

IS THE TIER BALANCED? IF NOT, WHAT'S THE TIER LIKE?
The tier, the council feels, is pretty Okay. The main archetype of the tier is Hyper Offense.

HOW DO I BUILD HO FOR THE TIER?

S/o to TrainerGoldAlt for helping me with this, the HO building guide is now here:

1. START OFF WITH THE RIGHT LEAD:
:ss/onix: :ss/dwebble:

2. USE THE SUPREME ONES:
:ss/ponyta: :ss/carvanha:

3. SET-UP SWEEPERS:
:ss/pawniard: :ss/sneasel: :ss/ponyta-galar:

4. OTHER OPTIONS (Like tanks and pivots):
:ss/tangela: :ss/scyther:

For the last part....
S
S-
A+

:onix: Onix
:ponyta: Ponyta
A
:carvanha: Carvanha
A-
:mienfoo: Mienfoo
:Pawniard: Pawniard
:Scyther: Scyther
:Sneasel: Sneasel
:Vullaby: Vullaby
B+
:Dwebble: Dwebble
:Ponyta-Galar: Ponyta-Galar
:porygon: Porygon
:staryu: Staryu
B
:Cottonee:Cottonee
:grookey: Grookey
:krabby: Krabby
:Tangela: Tangela
B-
:Ferroseed: Ferroseed
:Foongus: Foongus
:koffing: Koffing
:mareanie: Mareanie
:natu: Natu
:rufflet: Rufflet
:squirtle: Squirtle

Thanks a lot for reading this post! Man, took ages to write this post. So better give me my likes.

READER'S BONUS:
This team might not be really effective in the tier, but is this fun to use!...
:ss/carvanha::ss/tangela::ss/hippopotas::ss/ponyta-galar::ss/rufflet::ss/pawniard:
-Tangela + Set up spam
The idea is to maintain as much offensive pressure early game, through Tangela, Hippopotas and Galalrian Ponyta so that Pinsirite Carvanha, Pawniard and Rufflet can clean/sweep late-game.

The other day, I came up with the potentially-terrible idea of Flipped Inverse... and accidentally posted it on the Metagame Workshop.

Personally, I don’t think that’s the case. My Grimmsnarl is 31 IV with 0 speed EVs. That results in it being 156 speed. Dragonite at 31/0 is 196 speed. Dragonite can reach 156 speed by doing 9 IVs with a - nature (there are also other combinations with EVs and an even smaller number for IVs). Needless to say I don’t think that my opponent did that.

Hi hi. I just had a probably unintended thing happen in Shared Power + Linked. Essentially, the priority from Gale Wings and Prankster had a weird interaction.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8linked-1553356099 (Turn 8)
It’s caused by priority going from the second move into the first move. The Defog gets +1 priority from Gale Wings, another +1 stolen from DWB, and another +1 from Prankster, while DWB is at 0 priority because its priority was stolen by Defog.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)