Project OM Mashup Megathread

It's May 16th which means the TS AAA spotlight is over! Hope you guys had fun with it. Our new spotlight, from today till June 16th is going to be Camomons LC!

The tour code is in the repository, but I'll paste it here for ease of access.

/tour new [Gen 8] LC, elimination
/tour rules [Gen 8] Camomons, +Arena Trap, +Shadow Tag
/tour autostart 10
/tour autodq 4
/tour name [Gen 8] Camomons Little Cup

Enjoy the new spotlight!

Tranquility

Kuru~Kuru
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Been about a week since the Tinted Lens suspect and I'd like to discuss some changes that I've seen/used in the STAAAB Tier.

:hippowdon: - I've been using this mon a lot recently as previous rocker staples :kommo-o: has dipped in viability and :cobalion: (will talk later) have seen their usage dip from their rocker roles. What makes Hippo great as a rocker is that it can check most physical threats whether it be Dragapult or No-Retreat Hawlucha with Intimidate, allowing it to switch in and get free rocks barring mbounce. Plus, it has instant recovery unlike most other rockers rn that have to rely on residual recovery via regenerator or poison heal.

:Dragapult: - Oh boy this is a doozy. This mon is the clear best mon in the tier and shapes the metagame to how it is. Being the fastest (well.. relevant) mon in the tier and access to Spectorial Thief is enough to limit most hyper offensive teams alone. Couple with that if you want to run Banded adaptability for Balance, Scarf for No-Retreat or Dazzling for triage mons. It often seems overwhelming on paper, and a comparison I have to it is Greninja from gen 7. You know what it's movepool will be and it generally runs 3 moves (dual stab) and a support move (spikes/u-turn). The problem with it just like ash-gren itself is that while it does have it's matchups it 6-0's or completely invalidates, and then there's other games you run into stamina mandibuzz/intimidate hippo or normal/fairy cores that leave it at times being a support mon and maybe deal some chip at best while being worn down due to hazards, akin to ash-gren vs pexgrowth cores. To be short: It's great yes, and it can have a set that beats whatever is most relevant at the time, but in the process it also loses to common balance structures (scarf adapt doesn't break mons like null, prima and hippo as well) and will more than likely always reliable checks like Stamina Mandibuzz. Great but not broken.

:Melmetal:/:inteleon: - I don't think aside from a team I have I had seen Tinted Lens that much recently. It's not really as splashable aside from the prominent abusers Melmetal and Inteleon. The problem lies imo from the fact that using an ability that's situational when it comes to usage at best isn't as reliable as an ability that can generally power you up regardless of the circumstance. Another issue is that for both of these mons, some of the better switchins are neutral switch ins to begin with, whether it be Stamina Mandibuzz/Intimidate hippo/kommo-o for melmetal and Null/Av lax for Inteleon.

:Cobalion:/:hawlucha: - This set is.. really good. It's often now that I see dual no-retreat teams with Cobalion and also Hawlucha or Lucario. What makes it so good is that often these mons have a means of escape with volt switch or in uturn, which along with mglo makes it ignore residual damage and have longevity. That's a problem in my opinion, as these mons can be used as bait for the checks to these sets (Toxapex, DBond Heattom) and gain momentum by switching them out. That paired with the longevity they can have make's it too overbearing in my experience, as most recent games come down to "who can use the no retreat mon better" and is imo unhealthy for the meta as it comes down to the use and prevention of one move.

Last edited:
Sorry for my near absence in the last few days, got myself a bit busy on some stuff.

With Fight/Flying STAB alongside Scrappy, resist to both are only limited to Electric and either Fairy, Poison, or Flying, which only few gets one of these dual typings. The closest one viable or decent enough were Electric/Fairy Spritzee and Electric/Poison Koffing, while the rest are mostly niche at best. Coupled with high Attack stat and 120 BP of both STAB, Scarf set can 2HKO any bulky mon neutral to either Close Combat or Brave Bird, and Swords Dance set is more scarier if paired with Web support. Its counterplay were often Pokemon that can resist to a STAB move Fetch'd is locked into in case of Scarf, or faster mon in case of SD set such as Ground/Flying Diglett (can't trapped it), Dark/Flying Vullaby (needs Choice Scarf to outspeed, or needs to win a speed tie), Fairy Ponyta (needs Webs gone). This is the first threat to put on my watchlist. And don't use Leek.

In the meantime, I am currently making another Camomons LC resource.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

The Ranshop is making a long overdue return to OM Mashups. This post is a compilation of Official OM Mashup teams I have built for everyone to use in PS battles. Anyone is free to take as many teams as they desire from this post and offer feedback on any flaw each team has so they can be fixed. The objective is to start off with at least three teams per Official OM Mashup, and starting next month, one team will be added for each Official Mashup per month. You can also expect several of these teams to have numerous hefty changes or even the chance of being outright replaced. Expect a complete revamp of the Ranshop as DLCs get released. Any feedback given would hopefully increase the quality of these teams as the months go by. Discord DMs, Pokemon Showdown PMs, and Smogon conversations are the best places to offer feedback, although you are free to publicly do so on this thread, our OM Mashups subroom, or our OM Mashups discord.​

Official OM Mashup Teams: Click on the Pokemon to receive a team.

NOTE: I only have a couple mashup teams for the ranshop as of now as I've had to delete some outdated ones post-home and need some time readjusting LC and Doubles teams to all of the changes made for Gen 8.

Legends of King Arthur's Bulky Offense

Melmetal Trick Room Offense

The DK Recovery Offense

Shards and Darts Offense
This is not a Natdex team

Sparkling Stones Offense

Offense - Nukes in the back

Grounded Dragon Soup Offense

The first part of it is halfway done but all of these teams are getting wiped next month so I might just wait until the DLC comes out. I was going to wait until teams for all of the official mashups were done but I didn't want to hold this up for longer than it should've.

This is Ranshop, a side project I've created to get more involved in Mashups and teambuilding in general. This will not be the main resource for teams. Something better will be coming soon! Stay turned!

Last edited:
With a unanimous vote, Double Iron Bash is now banned in STABmons Doubles!
Voting BAN. Being able to abuse a base 120 steel stab move on mons with a great speed tier such as drill/cobalion or if ur insane melmetal (tr) is just to insane to be allowed in this metagame. U pretty much need milotic or smth to wall it off ig but u still take a million from high horse power from drill and body press from cobalion.
I'm voting Ban.

Despite there's still a few users of it outside of Melmetal (Excadrill and Cobalion), its still probematic not only on its flinch chance where the others have good Speed Tier to abuse it(Exca on Sand), but also in its high BP STAB. Even with resist, the high flinch chance DIB provides can be annoying, as being unable to move is a big thing in Doubles than in Singles.
My vote will be a Ban. Even when not at the hands of Jirachi who probably can always flinch its opponent with Double Iron Bash, it still turned out to be overwhelming on other Steel-types such as Sand Rush Excadrill (which I built but never tested) and Cobalion. Or Durant if you're feeling wild since it has a good 109 speed and Hustle unless it decided to miss. I also fear that with DLC coming, we would get Scizor, Genesect, and Kartana to abuse Double Iron Bash.
Additionally, I have some replays that showcase Double Iron Bash.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1118672531
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1118679330

Also, I would also apologize in advance for giving Decorate and Double Iron Bash too much time despite both of them being very busted. I shouldn't have thought that just because Jirachi is banned, doesn't mean that the move is more bearable. I will try to avoid that as much as possible in the near future. Anyway, on to the current threat list in STABmons Doubles.

Melmetal and Dracovish :melmetal: :dracovish:
Melmetal is Melmetal; it can adapt to any changes to the metagame if it feels like it. Meanwhile, Dracovish has Dragon Dance to make better use of Fishious Rend. I've no clue if we will be taking action on any of them or not, but other than that, I got nothing else to say, next.

EDIT: Melmetal is gone, let's explore Dracovish.

Snorlax :snorlax:
Snorlax can either act as an offensive beast with Extreme Speed or having support utility with Follow Me thanks to its great bulk. However, it can't do both without having its effectiveness affected in one way or another. For now, we will need some time to inspect wherever or not we should suspect test Snorlax or Follow Me.

EDIT:
Transform :type null:
In singles, Transform see barely any usage. However, it excels in STABmons Doubles mainly for transforming its boosted ally and Normal-type having multitude of supporting moves such as the aforementioned Follow Me to choose for. While Type: Null is less overwhelming than Chansey was, it still ended up being a capable Transform user anyway as it benefits from Eviolite. Transform is definitely the first thing I want to look at, but let me know if you disagree and I should be looking at something like Follow Me instead.

Rain :Pelipper: :Ludicolo:
You get the idea. Thanks to STABmons, Swift Swim user has access to Water Spout. Oh, and Ludicolo gets Sleep Powder too. After the Dynamax ban, while still effective, Sun has fallen down in popularity as it's much less overwhelming to handle without G-max Charizard with most of them not getting too many benefits from STABmons. I suppose the closest one is Charizard with Eruption, but that's about it. Sand isn't too groundbreaking and Hail still remained bad. On the one hand, Drizzle is banned in Gen 7. But there's no Mega Swampert or Kingdra (yet).

Last edited:
Just wanna post a pult set considering all the controversy going on in STAAAB
Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 136 SpA / 120 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn
Alternate Spread: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

This set beats all conventional Pult checks with good prediction. Life Orb + Adapt allows you to threaten Fairy + Normal. Except Type Null, that thing is too bulky. But you could always knock null and thats game over for it. TBolt allows you to beat Mandi and Corvi, though Thunder is way scarier for the former. Life Orb gets really annoying and can be played around by the opponent, though. But again there are (potentially) good wishpasses in StAAAb. You also start losing to other, standard pults but without sneak you lose the mu anyway.
252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Dragapult Dragon Darts (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Type: Null: 136-162 (34.5 - 41.1%) -- approx. 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Dragapult Dragon Darts (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Type: Null: 202-240 (51.2 - 60.9%) -- approx. 2HKO
No bueno, but knock it and it becomes an easy 2ko

252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Dragapult Dragon Darts (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Snorlax: 254-302 (48.4 - 57.6%) -- approx. 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal
252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Dragapult Dragon Darts (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Snorlax: 380-452 (72.5 - 86.2%) -- approx. 2HKO after Poison Heal
first set is (probably) an unset

252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Dragapult Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Primarina: 211-250 (57.9 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Dragapult Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Togekiss: 179-213 (47.8 - 56.9%) -- 89.5% chance to 2HKO
Will beat offensive Toge, variants, and I don't think defensive variants shown here would be good.

136 SpA Life Orb Dragapult Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Primarina: 172-203 (47.2 - 55.7%) -- 76.2% chance to 2HKO
136 SpA Life Orb Dragapult Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Togekiss: 172-203 (45.9 - 54.2%) -- 49.2% chance to 2HKO
Even Intim sets get beat by Tbolt, especially with rocks.

252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Dragapult Dragon Claw (75 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 143-169 (33.7 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 SpA Life Orb Dragapult Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mandibuzz: 177-208 (41.7 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
136 SpA Life Orb Dragapult Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mandibuzz: 200-237 (47.1 - 55.8%) -- 76.6% chance to 2HKO
136 SpA Life Orb Dragapult Thunder vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mandibuzz: 244-289 (57.5 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
With 1 U-Turn chip, Mandibuzz no longer is able to switch in to darts, even with Stamina and 4 SpA Pult. It can't switch in at all if you have Thunder.

252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Dragapult Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 169-200 (42.2 - 50%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Life Orb Dragapult Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Corviknight: 192-229 (48 - 57.2%) -- 39.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Nope.

STAAABMONS announcement!

The council has decided we are going to be hosting STAAABmons tours with Pult banned for the next week, to get an idea of what the Pultless meta looks like. After that we are going to be holding a council vote on whether Pult should be quickbanned or not. Regardless of the outcome of that vote, the Pult issue will be revisited once the first DLC drops.

Note that this is mostly my opinion, not all council members may share this view. While playing and building STAAAB these past two weeks, it has become increasingly apparent to me just how centralizing Dragapult is. Being the fastest unboosted viable mon obviously has it's perks, meaning that pretty much any team that relies on a breaker that gets easily revenged by dragapult (which is all of the breakers with 100+ base speed) needs extremely solid counterplay to Dragapult or it risks being forced into sac wars which dragapult usually ends up winning.
The issue arises when you realise that in order to accomplish that you either have to run Stamina/Dauntless Mandibuzz/Null or Intim Hippo (and risk being caught of guard by a Specs or mixed set), or run a Fairy-Normal-Steel core so you can pivot around and force 50/50 plays on pult. In a Dexitless world that might not be a problem, but with the limited selection of available mons we are honestly looking at the same 2 normal types (Lax + Null), 2 great fairies (Kiss and Prima), 2 niche fairies (Sylv and GWeez) and 3 steel types (Ferro, Coba, Corvi). What I'm trying to say is, when you're forced to construct your defensive core out of repetitive combinations of 7 (9 if we're being generous) mons, building becomes a bit of a chore as you are very limited esp. when trying to explore heat sets. To give an illustration, my recent building attempts:

CENTRALIZED META.png

Count the number of Dragapults and Nulls in this picture :)

Honestly in-game pult isn't even that bad if you warp your defensive core so that you can blank it, especially since ppl tend to run scarf due to No Retreat wincons running around (which considerably lowers the damage output compared to band). Still, if you support your pult with Knock off and scald/toxic spam to help get residual damage on the opposing defensive core you can easily get into a position where even Scarf Adapt Pult will start claiming kills.

TLDR reasoning - Pult is very constraining on the teambuilding process, forcing you into repetitive combinations of a few defensive mons in order to be relatively safe against the variety of sets it can use and the lategame cleaning power it has due to its amazing speed tier and basically unwalled stab combo (grimmsnarl doesnt count sadly), while also keeping a large number of offensive mons from getting a chance to shine. In a tier that is supposed to be all about building fun teams and exploring new combinations, this is very counterproductive.

Last edited:

Ainzcrad

Smile of the Orchid
is a Tiering Contributor
Mono stAAAbmons
For the people that know me till an extent, know that i enjoy to play a bit more wacky format tours good examples of this is stAAAbmons mashups in general. One mashup which when we first tested it out in om mashups room seemed a great tier to play in and people liked it back then. So we wanted to make it known that it’s a fun on the side mashup to maybe play. Which mashup u might ask yourselfs? Mono stAAAbmons. It’s a mashup that has its own banlist since some mons aren’t broken in this format. A good example of this point is zeraora, zeraora is strong asf in base stAAAbmons even proven to be broken but in mono stAAAbmons it’s typing holds it back. So with that said to maybe make this semi-popular we wanted to provide samples for each typing.

Tour code: https://pastebin.com/KTGfuTsp

Electric Steel
Grass Bug
Flying Fire
Water Normal
Rock Ice
Fighting Ground
Fairy Dark
Psychic Poison

Thanks to The Number Man , FreezShocka and manu 11k and i hope this wont get murdered!

Last edited:
Apologies for a delay, but here's the Camomons LC Resource that I'e been working on. This resource aim to list down which pokemon can achieve an offensive or defensive role of a certain type. If a pokemon is listed down on both offensive and defensive, it means a pokemon can do both of them Edit: Removing this one, as it can be a little bit confusing.
Its still half-way done, and I only included good types for the time being. Some will be included soon.

Camomons LC Type Compedium

Legend:

( Pokemon ) [ the typing of this pokemon ]

:pawniard: [
Dark
Steel
], :grookey: [
Dark
Grass
], :carvanha: [
Dark
Water
], :corphish: [
Dark
Water
], :dwebble: [
Dark
Ghost
], :minccino: [
Dark
Ice
], :anorith: [
Dark
Ghost
]
:porygon: [
Electric
Ghost
Electric
Ice
], :koffing: [
Poison
Electric
], :magnemite: [
Electric
Steel
], :staryu: [
Electric
Water
], :ponyta: [
Electric
Fire
], :spritzee: [
Electric
Fighting
]
:ponyta: [
Fighting
Fire
], :abra: [
Fighting
Ghost
] :ponyta-galar: [
Fighting
Psychic
Fighting
Fire
], :staryu: [
Fighting
Water
Fighting
Electric
], :tyrunt: [
Fighting
Ground
Fighting
Fighting
],:cufant: [
Fighting
Steel
], :meowth-galar: [
Fighting
Steel
], :buneary: [
Fighting
Fighting
Fighting
Ice
]
:mienfoo: [
Fighting
Bug
Fighting
Flying
] , :farfetch[
Fighting
Flying
], :onix: [
Fighting
Dragon
Fighting
Ground
Fighting
Rock
Fighting
Steel
], :trapinch: [
Fighting
Ground
Fighting
Bug
], :grookey: [
Fighting
Grass
], :timburr: [
Fighting
Fighting
Poison
] ,:arrokuda: [
Fighting
Water
], :tyrunt: [
Fighting
Psychic
Fighting
Fighting
Steel
Fighting
], :clauncher: [
Fighting
Dragon
], :darumaka: [
Fighting
Fire
], :buneary: [
Fighting
Ice
Fighting
Fighting
], :treecko: [
Fighting
Flying
], :trubbish: [
Fighting
Poison
]
:ponyta: [
Fire
Fighting
Fire
Ground
], :ponyta-galar: [
Fire
Fighting
], :natu: [
Fire
Flying
], :vulpix: [
Fire
Grass
], :charmander: [
Fire
Ghost
],:salandit: [
Fire
Poison
Fire
Dragon
], :darumaka: [
Fire
Fighting
],
:farfetch [
Flying
Fighting
], :mienfoo: [
Flying
Fighting
], :diglett: [
Flying
Ground
], :treecko: [
Flying
Fighting
]
:abra: [
Ghost
Psychic
Ghost
Fighting
], :porygon: [
Ghost
Electric
], :dwebble: [
Ghost
Dark
], :charmander: [
Ghost
Fire
]
:mudbray: [
Ground
Steel
], :diglett: [
Ground
Flying
], :trapinch: [
Ground
Bug
Ground
Fighting
Ground
Grass
], :onix: [
Ground
Fighting
Ground
Rock
], :ponyta: [
Ground
Fire
], :archen: [
Ground
Flying
], :amaura: [
Ground
Ice
] , :tyrunt: [
Ground
Fighting
],:bunnelby: [
Ground
Bug
Ground
Rock
], :sandshrew-alola: [
Ground
Ice
],:shellos: [
Ground
Water
],:slowpoke: [
Ground
Water
Ground
Steel
]
:koffing: [
Poison
Electric
],:mareanie: [
Poison
Water
], :foongus: [
Poison
Grass
], :trubbish: [
Poison
Fighting
], :salandit: [
Poison
Dragon
Poison
Fire
], :slowpoke: [
Poison
Water
]
:mudbray: [
Steel
Ground
], :pawniard: [
Steel
Dark
], :magnemite: [
Steel
Electric
],:cufant: [
Steel
Fighting
Steel
Ground
Steel
Ghost
]
:staryu: [
Water
Electric
Water
Fighting
], :mareanie: [
Water
Poison
],:carvanha: [
Water
Psychic
Water
Dark
], :corphish: [
Water
Dark
], :omanyte: [
Water
Ground
] , :shellder: [
Water
Rock
], :frillish: [
Water
Fighting
], :shellos: [
Water
Ground
Water
Poison
Water
Poison
Water
Ground
]

Last edited:
STAAAB announcement!

:dragapult: Dragapult is quickbanned from STAAABmons until the first DLC drops
. We will likely unban it then to see what the new metagame looks like and if it's still too constraining to be left free.

For reasoning check this post:
STAAABMONS announcement!

The council has decided we are going to be hosting STAAABmons tours with Pult banned for the next week, to get an idea of what the Pultless meta looks like. After that we are going to be holding a council vote on whether Pult should be quickbanned or not. Regardless of the outcome of that vote, the Pult issue will be revisited once the first DLC drops.

Note that this is mostly my opinion, not all council members may share this view. While playing and building STAAAB these past two weeks, it has become increasingly apparent to me just how centralizing Dragapult is. Being the fastest unboosted viable mon obviously has it's perks, meaning that pretty much any team that relies on a breaker that gets easily revenged by dragapult (which is all of the breakers with 100+ base speed) needs extremely solid counterplay to Dragapult or it risks being forced into sac wars which dragapult usually ends up winning.
The issue arises when you realise that in order to accomplish that you either have to run Stamina/Dauntless Mandibuzz/Null or Intim Hippo (and risk being caught of guard by a Specs or mixed set), or run a Fairy-Normal-Steel core so you can pivot around and force 50/50 plays on pult. In a Dexitless world that might not be a problem, but with the limited selection of available mons we are honestly looking at the same 2 normal types (Lax + Null), 2 great fairies (Kiss and Prima), 2 niche fairies (Sylv and GWeez) and 3 steel types (Ferro, Coba, Corvi). What I'm trying to say is, when you're forced to construct your defensive core out of repetitive combinations of 7 (9 if we're being generous) mons, building becomes a bit of a chore as you are very limited esp. when trying to explore heat sets. To give an illustration, my recent building attempts:

View attachment 248936
Count the number of Dragapults and Nulls in this picture :)

Honestly in-game pult isn't even that bad if you warp your defensive core so that you can blank it, especially since ppl tend to run scarf due to No Retreat wincons running around (which considerably lowers the damage output compared to band). Still, if you support your pult with Knock off and scald/toxic spam to help get residual damage on the opposing defensive core you can easily get into a position where even Scarf Adapt Pult will start claiming kills.

TLDR reasoning - Pult is very constraining on the teambuilding process, forcing you into repetitive combinations of a few defensive mons in order to be relatively safe against the variety of sets it can use and the lategame cleaning power it has due to its amazing speed tier and basically unwalled stab combo (grimmsnarl doesnt count sadly), while also keeping a large number of offensive mons from getting a chance to shine. In a tier that is supposed to be all about building fun teams and exploring new combinations, this is very counterproductive.
If anyone has any comments or complaints, feel free to reply.

Last edited:

Tranquility

Kuru~Kuru
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
As mentioned in my post earlier about pult, I mentioned that it isn't broken due to losing to common balance structures, what has become more apparent since then is that these balance structures are often based on Mainly Checking Dragapult. This constraint on team building, and to a lesser extent meta adaptions with how easy it is to apply an ability or move to beat a certain set, ultimately did make it overbearing. Case in point, My team builder:
Screenshot 2020-05-31 at 6.59.32 AM.png

Aside from the "Dollar Store STAAAB Team" which was updated for a no-pult meta, all feature a core of :Dragapult: :Type-null: :Hippowdon: :Cobalion: and usually a phazer (Pex/Runerigus) and a breaker. Due to the splash-ability of the mon and the types of cores it Practically forces people to run these mons, a ban is worthy for the mon.

Now onto discuss some trends I think will we'll see:

:Jirachi: - Arguably the biggest benefactor from a no pult meta in my eyes, with the utility of wish teleport/regen as well as great typing that allows it to stay around for a long time and check Threats like :noivern: and specially based :comfey: (triage users) barring Decidueye while also serving as a soft check to physical mons like Triage :ferrothorn: which has seen an uptick in usage lately. I think it has the potential to run other sets too that could be viable here now that one of the premier checks for it is gone.

:shuckle: (Hyper Offense) - A common anti-pult ban argument was that it would make hyper offense (and in particular set up sweepers) wayy too good. With how the current meta seems to be, I disagree with that notion. Unaware usage has never been higher with mons like :toxapex: and :type-null: often running it, as well as triage mons like :togekiss: and :celebi: that can threaten it on the offensive side of the spectrum as well. As well as potentially some spectorial thief from Rotom's or the typical prankster d-bond set that can force a trade.

:Cobalion: (No-Retreat) - If played right, it can get a kill or two sure but some checks are starting to emerge from it. It's firstly pretty vulnerable pre-No retreat, losing to a lot of faster mons such as :Gengar:, :Noivern:, and weather abusers (:Cinderace:, :Salazzle: and :Inteleon:). As well as losing to previously mentioned Unaware pex that forces it to switch out (unless it runs Volt absorb o_O). Either way, won't be broken post pult ban in my eyes.

:ss/melmetal:
Melmetal is now banned in Doubles OU!

This will affect all doubles mashups except BH Doubles. I would want to suspect test Melmetal in STABmons Double to determine if it should be stay unbanned, but I decided to against it considering how small our Doubles playerbase is. Have no plans on unbanning it in Camomons Doubles and AAA Doubles because it would end up being just as overmelming or even moreso for the latter.

...excuse me for this pun.

EDIT: here are some updated codes.
/tour new Doubles, round robin
/tour rules [Gen 8] Camomons, !Sleep Clause Mod, +Darmanitan-Galar, +Dracovish, +Hydreigon, +Kyurem, +Zeraora, +Arena Trap
/tour autostart 10
/tour autodq 4
/tour name [Gen 8] Camomons Doubles
Removed +Melmetal so the ban will be applied. Also unbanning Arena Trap because Dugtrio and Trapinch weren't that dangerous enough compared to Gothitelle's support.

/tour new [Gen 8] Doubles OU, round robin
/tour rules STABmons Move Legality, -Shedinja, -Silvally, -Boltund + Bolt Beak, -Charjabug + Bolt Beak, -Chinchou + Bolt Beak, -Electrike + Bolt Beak, -Galvantula + Bolt Beak, -Heliolisk + Bolt Beak, -Helioptile + Bolt Beak, -Jolteon + Bolt Beak, -Joltik + Bolt Beak, -Lanturn + Bolt Beak, -Manectric + Bolt Beak, -Morpeko + Bolt Beak, -Pichu + Bolt Beak, -Pikachu + Bolt Beak, -Pincurchin + Bolt Beak, -Raichu + Bolt Beak, -Rotom + Bolt Beak, -Silvally + Bolt Beak, -Stunfisk + Bolt Beak, -Togedemaru + Bolt Beak, -Toxel + Bolt Beak, -Toxtricity + Bolt Beak, -Vikavolt + Bolt Beak, -Yamper + Bolt Beak, -Zekrom + Bolt Beak, -Zeraora + Bolt Beak, -Aromatisse + Decorate, - Clefable + Decorate, -Clefairy + Decorate, -Cleffa + Decorate, -Cottonee + Decorate, -Cutiefly + Decorate, -Gallade + Decorate, -Gardevoir + Decorate, -Grimmsnarl + Decorate, -Hatterene + Decorate, -Impidimp + Decorate, -Kirlia + Decorate, -Mawile + Decorate, -Milcery + Decorate, -Mime Jr. + Decorate, -Mimikyu + Decorate, - Morelull + Decorate, -Morgrem + Decorate, -Mr. Mime + Decorate, -Mr. Rime + Decorate, -Ninetales-Alola + Decorate, -Primarina + Decorate, -Ralts + Decorate, -Rapidash-Galar + Decorate, -Ribombee + Decorate, -Shiinotic + Decorate, -Silvally + Decorate, -Slurpuff + Decorate, -Spritzee + Decorate, -Swirlix + Decorate, -Sylveon + Decorate, -Togekiss + Decorate, -Togepi + Decorate, -Togetic + Decorate, -Weezing-Galar + Decorate, -Whimsicott + Decorate, -Aegislash + Double Iron Bash, -Bisharp + Double Iron Bash, -Bronzong + Double Iron Bash, -Bronzor + Double Iron Bash, -Cobalion + Double Iron Bash, -Copperajah + Double Iron Bash, -Corviknight + Double Iron Bash, -Cufant + Double Iron Bash, -Diglett-Alola + Double Iron Bash, -Doublade + Double Iron Bash, -Dugtrio-Alola + Double Iron Bash, -Duraludon + Double Iron Bash, -Durant + Double Iron Bash, -Escavalier + Double Iron Bash, -Excadrill + Double Iron Bash, -Ferroseed + Double Iron Bash, -Ferrothorn + Double Iron Bash, -Honedge + Double Iron Bash, -Klang + Double Iron Bash, -Klink + Double Iron Bash, -Klinklang + Double Iron Bash, -Lucario + Double Iron Bash, -Mawile + Double Iron Bash, -Meltan + Double Iron Bash, -Meowth-Galar + Double Iron Bash, -Necrozma + Double Iron Bash, -Pawniard + Double Iron Bash, -Perrserker + Double Iron Bash, -Silvally + Double Iron Bash, -Solgaleo + Double Iron Bash, -Steelix + Double Iron Bash, -Stunfisk-Galar + Double Iron Bash, -Togedemaru + Double Iron Bash, -Araquanid + Fishious Rend, -Arrokuda + Fishious Rend, -Barbaracle + Fishious Rend, -Barboach + Fishious Rend, -Barraskewda + Fishious Rend, -Basculin + Fishious Rend, -Binacle + Fishious Rend, -Blastoise + Fishious Rend, -Brionne + Fishious Rend, -Chewtle + Fishious Rend, -Chinchou + Fishious Rend, -Cloyster + Fishious Rend, -Corphish + Fishious Rend, -Corsola + Fishious Rend, -Cramorant + Fishious Rend, -Crawdaunt + Fishious Rend, -Dewpider + Fishious Rend, -Drednaw + Fishious Rend, -Drizzile + Fishious Rend, -Feebas + Fishious Rend, -Frillish + Fishious Rend, -Gastrodon + Fishious Rend, -Goldeen + Fishious Rend, -Golisopod + Fishious Rend, -Gyarados + Fishious Rend, -Inteleon + Fishious Rend, -Jellicent + Fishious Rend, -Keldeo + Fishious Rend, -Kingler + Fishious Rend, -Krabby + Fishious Rend, -Lanturn + Fishious Rend, -Lapras + Fishious Rend, -Lombre + Fishious Rend, -Lotad + Fishious Rend, -Ludicolo + Fishious Rend, -Magikarp + Fishious Rend, -Mantine + Fishious Rend, -Mantyke + Fishious Rend, -Mareanie + Fishious Rend, -Milotic + Fishious Rend, -Octillery + Fishious Rend, -Palpitoad + Fishious Rend, -Pelipper + Fishious Rend, -Popplio + Fishious Rend, -Primarina + Fishious Rend, -Pyukumuku + Fishious Rend, -Quagsire + Fishious Rend, -Qwilfish + Fishious Rend, -Remoraid + Fishious Rend, -Rotom + Fishious Rend, -Seaking + Fishious Rend, -Seismitoad + Fishious Rend, -Shellder + Fishious Rend, -Shellos + Fishious Rend, -Silvally + Fishious Rend, -Sobble + Fishious Rend, -Squirtle + Fishious Rend, -Toxapex + Fishious Rend, -Tympole + Fishious Rend, -Vaporeon + Fishious Rend, -Wailmer + Fishious Rend, -Wailord + Fishious Rend, -Wartortle + Fishious Rend, -Whiscash + Fishious Rend, -Wimpod + Fishious Rend, -Wingull + Fishious Rend, -Wishiwashi + Fishious Rend, -Wooper + Fishious Rend, -Bewear + Shell Smash, -Braviary + Shell Smash, -Bunnelby + Shell Smash, -Cinccino + Shell Smash, -Diggersby + Shell Smash, -Ditto + Shell Smash, -Drampa + Shell Smash, -Dubwool + Shell Smash, -Eevee + Shell Smash, -Greedent + Shell Smash, -Heliolisk + Shell Smash, -Helioptile + Shell Smash, -Hoothoot + Shell Smash, -Indeedee + Shell Smash, -Linoone-Galar + Shell Smash, -Meowth + Shell Smash, -Minccino + Shell Smash, -Munchlax + Shell Smash, -Noctowl + Shell Smash, -Obstagoon + Shell Smash, -Oranguru + Shell Smash, -Persian + Shell Smash, -Pidove + Shell Smash, -Rufflet + Shell Smash, -Silvally + Shell Smash, -Skwovet + Shell Smash, -Snorlax + Shell Smash, -Stufful + Shell Smash, -Tranquill + Shell Smash, -Type: Null + Shell Smash, -Unfezant + Shell Smash, -Wooloo + Shell Smash, -Zigzagoon-Galar + Shell Smash, -Vaporeon + Shell Smash, -Jolteon + Shell Smash, -Flareon + Shell Smash, -Espeon + Shell Smash, -Umbreon + Shell Smash, -Leafeon + Shell Smash, -Glaceon + Shell Smash, -Sylveon + Shell Smash, -Aegislash + Shift Gear, -Bisharp + Shift Gear, -Bronzong + Shift Gear, -Bronzor + Shift Gear, -Cobalion + Shift Gear, -Copperajah + Shift Gear, -Corviknight + Shift Gear, -Cufant + Shift Gear, -Doublade + Shift Gear, -Duraludon + Shift Gear, -Durant + Shift Gear, -Escavalier + Shift Gear, -Excadrill + Shift Gear, -Ferroseed + Shift Gear, -Ferrothorn + Shift Gear, -Honedge + Shift Gear, -Jirachi + Shift Gear, -Lucario + Shift Gear, -Mawile + Shift Gear, -Melmetal + Shift Gear, -Meltan + Shift Gear, -Meowth-Galar + Shift Gear, -Necrozma + Shift Gear, -Pawniard + Shift Gear, -Perrserker + Shift Gear, -Silvally + Shift Gear, -Solgaleo + Shift Gear, -Steelix + Shift Gear, -Stunfisk-Galar + Shift Gear, -Togedemaru + Shift Gear, -Abomasnow + Spore, -Appletun + Spore, -Applin + Spore, -Bellossom + Spore, -Bounsweet + Spore, -Budew + Spore, -Bulbasaur + Spore, -Celebi + Spore, -Cherrim + Spore, -Cherubi + Spore, -Cottonee + Spore, -Dartrix + Spore, -Decidueye + Spore, -Dhelmise + Spore, -Eldegoss + Spore, -Ferroseed + Spore, -Ferrothorn + Spore, -Flapple + Spore, -Gloom + Spore, -Gossifleur + Spore, -Gourgeist + Spore, -Grookey + Spore, -Ivysaur + Spore, -Leafeon + Spore, -Lombre + Spore, -Lotad + Spore, -Ludicolo + Spore, -Maractus + Spore, -Nuzleaf + Spore, -Oddish + Spore, -Phantump + Spore, -Pumpkaboo + Spore, -Rillaboom + Spore, -Roselia + Spore, -Roserade + Spore, -Rotom + Spore, -Rowlet + Spore, -Seedot + Spore, -Shiftry + Spore, -Silvally + Spore, -Snover + Spore, -Steenee + Spore, -Thwackey + Spore, -Trevenant + Spore, -Tsareena + Spore, -Venusaur + Spore, -Vileplume + Spore, -Virizion + Spore, -Whimsicott + Spore
/tour autostart 10
/tour autodq 4
/tour name [Gen 8] STABmon Doubles

Just banned Double Iron Bash.

Last edited:
Stab n Mega sets (also yes I'm back if anyone remembers me)

This thing has got a few sets up it's sleeve. The main one I've tried which is probably the most unusual is Manectite, but hear me out. Not only does it become a very fast pivot (Volt Switch) at a blazing 412 speed, it also gains access to other useful moves such as Anchor Shot and Kings Shield (mainly for trapping Physical Dragapult and the like), but it can also outstall walls who don't run Sablenite such as Audinite Umbreon and Venusaurite Corviknight with Taunt and Toxic.

Alternatively it can run an offensive Pinsirite or Altarianite set (Altarinite = Magearna rip off), gaining Automize, and running two very powerful stabs in Behemoth Bash/Blade and Return. Quick Attack makes it a potent revenge killer as well.

Milotic is one of the best checks to Reshiram in the entire meta. You can normally spring Whirlpool and trap it until it dies. Sablenite is Sablenite. In terms of gaining moves, it doesn't gain much except maybe Soak if you've managed to trap something and it's using stab on you, Water Shruiken if you wanted priority for some reason and Rain Dance if you're running Rain (don't).

Jirachi's a good mon, but I'm not going to explain just now.

[20:08:14] @Snafutari: because incin is a meme
Yeah, ok, it's outclassed a bit. But it has quite a few nice niches like Pinsirite with Fake Out and Body Slam parahax, Bannetite for the attack boost, Taunt and Parting Shot. It gains all sorts from Stabmons, Topsy Turvy, Obstruct, Pyro Ball, Taunt, Parting Shot and other stuff. It's a fun mon to use, dropping suprises all over the place, even if it's seen by people as a meme.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8mixandmega-1130967289
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8mixandmega-1130963664
These are two replays featuring all three of these Pokemon. In the second one you can see Cobal suprising Ninetales, refusing it the Aurora Veil, Milotic trapping and killing the Reshiram, and in the second one you can see Incineroar doing about 50% with Body Slam to Eternatus, and eventually of course, all paralysis ends in hax. Cobalion was able to force out Eternatus, and the last four mons all putting in some good pressure as we slowly whittled away at his team.

First post in a metagame thread in years, don't @ me if it's bad.

Havent posted here in a while, this time im gonna do a multimeta post to highlight some stuff that needs more attention.

1) CAAAmomons is ridiculously underplayed this gen, although I've been setting it consistently this past week and it's been getting pretty good turnout. The metagame is almost completely unexplored, aside from the really obvious sets. Note that :dragapult: Dragapult is still free here, so that's definitely something we could be looking at. SPOILER: It's very good. Aside from pult, there's 2 more mons i wanna mention. :jirachi: Rachi is really good and can run various sets, although I've only tried regenvest and SFLO, but both have seemed real good. The last mon I wanna mention is :clefable: Clef. I haven't really tried anything other than PHeal Wishport clef but this set is a really good support mon on bulky offense teams that lets you keep your breakers alive indefinitely vs fat teams.

:dragapult: Dragapult @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Scald/Hydro Pump/Surf
- U-turn
- Dragon Darts

:dragapult: VICTORY CREATE (Dragapult) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Scald

:jirachi: Jirachi @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Doom Desire
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Charge Beam

:jirachi: AV MAG (Jirachi) @ Life Orb
EVs: 212 Atk / 120 SpA / 176 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Meteor Mash
- Thunder
- Fire Punch
*note that this spread is a recycled staaab spread that guarantees an ohko on max hp 0 spd kommo with psychic so its prob not ideal, but like i said, completely unexplored meta

:clefable: Clefable @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
- Teleport
- Wish

2) STABmons + Camomons or STABcamo as I like to call it. This meta is even less explored than Caaamo, but here's some sets that can get you started. I haven't played that much of this but It has been pretty fun. Some say Clangsoul is busted in this which i dont agree with, altho the meta is completely unexplored so it's hard to know what is actually good.

:necrozma: Necrozma @ Air Baloon
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Sunsteel Strike
- Dragon Dance
- Moonlight

This thing is insane. There's probably a bunch of other stuff it can run, but thisis such a good set. Walls Ground/Fighting coverage (with air baloon intact), is an antiwincon with sthief, beats opposing sthief because it steals the boosts back and has sunsteel for pesky unaware.

:gyarados: Gyarados @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Physdef gyara is really nice. You can prob run Lando typing as well, or just base Gyara really.

:bewear: avalugg? (Bewear) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Darkest Lariat
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Insane physical wall + Normal toolbox.

3) STAAABmons. Wait, you didn't really think I'd make a post and NOT mention STAAAB did you? First of all, a reminder that DLC is coming soon and like I mentioned earlier, a ban reset is coming with it. We are currently looking at unbanning Dragapult, Kyurem and Zeraora, possibly also Chandelure. The other, more important thing however, is this:

:ninjask: Ninjask @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake

You thought Dragapult was bad? How about a base 160 speed pokemon with Brave Bird/Eq coverage, SD, STAB Uturn and access to spikes + webs. Hippo is setup fodder. Primarina dies to +2 brave bird. Rotom Heat gets sent to the shadow realm by earthquake. Tyranitar eats a STAB uturn to the face. The only thing that can switch into this is Corviknight, but you can just uturn on the switch. Yep, this is the new king of STAAAB (apart from NR cobalion :pain:). Jokes aside, the reason I posted this is because this mon is legitimately, unironically very good, but I haven't seen anyone else use it.
ninjask is my best friend.jpg

EDIT: Also, both icemaster and best gal have recently stepped down from the STAAAB council :blobsad: , but fortunately Axgwd has agreed to join in their place (we now finally have an odd number of council members).

Last edited:

Best Gal

once upon a time wont last forever
this post is probably gonna be rambley and unstructured but that's okay cause I don't care :P

so, I just feel like vomiting out some teams for various mashups, I guarantee you're gonna find at least something in here that you think is dumb

this is a poison hazard thingy that uses hex+boomburst toxtri to clean up in the endgame. curiously it doesnt carry salazzle so you may struggle vs things like steel, but I think it generally has a good mu vs water, flying...not dragon tho cause that type has legit everything it wants except like malt lmao

this is a dragon team that barely got tested so obviously take it with a grain of paprika, I liked the idea of ground+fly zolt making use of hustle ace, I thought it would fit well on dragon as a filthy cleaner and I can't even remember if it worked or not lmao

this is a rock team that I really wanted to work but it turns out they have basically no special attackers and it kind of sucks! wish I could say good things about it but this team is honestly pretty bad and I don't know how I would or could fix it tbh haha

fun little stab camo balance that aims to make use of water/dragon milotic to cover for the weakness to fire that bewear is stuck with. in a meta where fire mons all get access to vcreate, having such a weakness means you fail to blank physical mons like cinderace and darmanitan, whom you would VERY much like to dissuade from firing off vc constantly. you creep darm at -1 assuming band, obv you have to...somehow fish out two more vcs if you wanna hit scarf with a fat scald but that's obviously not gonna happen lol

this team is fun af and it's based around some of the dumbest shit sets you could imagine, like nasty plot grimmsnarl :) but unfortunately the team is unrefined, loses to moldy quake for free which means ground/fight or ground/bug haxorus walks on it

barely touched this sand team wip but I think that's probably a good archetype. just...use ttar tho since it gets better mileage from the ruleset I think

two different versions of the same concept, built around mgnr lucha + vab pex, which I felt was solid in the current metagame and benefited from the removal of pult. the first version featured cb tinted weavile but I think the version with hatt is more solid in general; the first requires you to play wayyy too hard to do decent vs even basic-bitch teams

here's a much less tested one that I made cause I got sick of using mgnr lucha all the time, you would not believe how fun flare boost gengar is until you run into lax and want to tear your hair out. the rest is boiler splate staaab and I don't really care about it, I just wanted to use flare boost gar and frostom

on that note I was gonna do like this post about dlc mons and how they impacted various mashups cause I'm excited but then this took so long that I have to leave reee

Tranquility

Kuru~Kuru
Hi, Just recently got promoted to staaab council which is an honor to be in and I'm excited to see how the meta develops not only with the mons returning, but also the new Moves and Abilities too! Anyways, enough of that Jazz, this post will be describing my current thoughts and analysis on the STAAAB Meta as well as Take a deep dive into some returning mons and such (so.. theorymoning in a way).

Current Thoughts: Overall, the current meta isn't really that fun/innovative to me even after the post pult ban.

:Toxapex:/Volt Absorb is basically mandatory due the insane power that the MGLO NR :Cobalion: set has, and overall really just stifles team building in a sense.

One real notable change is the increase of :Ninjask: usage, which was already a decent sleeper option pre-pult ban and has basically replaced the role of "Fast Pivot Mon" that Pult Formerly Owned.

:Weavile: has also seen an uptick in usage, likely in response to :Jirachi: and :Rhydon: being prominent Stealth Rockers, and with Knock being ever the more crucial as it can affect a lot of mons, whether it be by lack of power from choice/lo, defensive mons with passive recovery, or the threat of knocking a toxic orb on Poison heal mons who haven't been switched in.

Overall, still fun tier but the Tier Leader Himself was right with what he said regarding the pult ban:

Screenshot 2020-06-12 at 4.39.34 PM.png

Anyways now onto the speculation of what the meta will be like. This will be how I view some of the mons will do based on their movepool and potential abilities, as well as how they fare in the rest of the meta. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS ALL SPECULATIVE AND JUST FOR FUN AND DOES NOT DICTATE WHAT ACTUALLY MIGHT HAPPEN. I'll also for the mons mentioned provide sets for them, as well at the end a dump of the dlc sets in my "STAAABmons Library".

First things First: Here's a link of all of the Confirmed Mons returning in wave 1. I'll be using this as a reference in this post, but feel free to discuss any other potential sets or mons not mentioned! The more discussion the better!

:Magnezone: -First Mon is an interesting one at first glance when it comes to typing in Magnezone. Electric Steel is an interesting type duo that allows it to have many resists, but also have some of the most common weaknesses as well. One quick thing to note is that while it did lose hidden power, one of it's new toys is Body Press, which can be used a soft check to steels like Ferrothorn and Normals Like Type-Null, Chansey and Snorlax.

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
- Nuzzle
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon / Doom Desire
- Body Press

As seen with the increased usage of Bulkier Rotom's and Lanturn, Electric does have a solid spot in the metagame as a defensive typing. This along with the plethora of resistances that steel has makes magnezone a solid pivot. The Ev's are tailored made to your choosing, but the reasons for the spread is to have enough bulk to Not get 2HKO'd by TL Melmetal, as well as doing more chip damage to Mons like Cobalion, and Chansey/Null. Nuzzle is to cripple most mons, volt switch for momentum and the steel move is a preference thing. If you would want to be more of a special pivot, then maxing spdef and replacing body press with one of the steel moves would be the option there, as the move pool is pretty limited unfortunately :L.

Other Options: MGLO could be cool with Steelbeam, but really just prone to bulky waters with Volt Absorb. Could also run a meme anchor shot charge beam which will 6-0 someone. Oh yeah it gets teleport too so uh might be something with that.

:Chansey: - Ze blobb is back, and it'll be interesting to see how it competes alongside other fellow normals in Lax and Null, though the former has seem to fallen off a bit recently. Only real new notable thing here is that it'll have access to wish + teleport legally, though whether it'll be a good user of that is remain to be seen.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish / Soft Boiled
- Teleport / Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Glare
- Seismic Toss

Wish + Teleport with the massive HP Chansey has will be massive in terms of support to many mons in the tier, this along with unaware that allows it to wall top threats like PHeal Primarina, Volcarona (More Later) and even then just act as a special pivot to almost every special mon in the tier is really appealing. If you think Wish Port is too passive then softboiled and stealth rock can offer different support that can open up other slots for pokemon. Glare can also be used over toxic if need be, as it's really just a preference thing there.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Block
- Transform
- Soft-Boiled
- Encore / Toxic / Glare / Seismic Toss

This set is more geared towards being anti-setup with the main emphasis being Block + Transform that allows it to win vs most setup mons like Volcarona, Primarina and Togekiss 1v1 While also serving as a potential revenge sweeper with it's massive HP + Bulk when transformed. It could also act as a sponge towards some special threats like candle with just soft boil spam that PP Stall's it. 4th Move Slot is completely your choice as encore can really help defeat setup mons while the other moves have their own Utility.

Other Options: It gets stored power which maybe a CM set *could work, though like I'd honestly just run PHeal Blissey If I were to run something like that. Oh yeah also sticky hold because that exists.

:Tangrowth: - What's interesting about this mon is the surprising variety paired up with unique stats that could imo have an impact on the meta. It has slightly more physical bulk than Ferrothorn taking into account the HP and also has access to swords dance as well that could make it an offensive triage abuser as well. Plus, maybe the zera check is here with intimidate + ssap or Triage ssap, though these can also be taken care of as well.

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Strength Sap
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder / Leech Seed
- Earthquake / Knock Off / Sludge bomb

This acts as mainly as a blanket check to most physical attackers akin to hippo. What separates itself from Hippo and allows it to have a niche is its sleep utility as well as strength sap, which can cripple some physical attackers and force them to switch. This alongside sleep could create some great momentum for a user. The 4th move is a tough one, as they all have their purposes but Knock Off would probably be the prefered option.

Tangrowth @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Strength Sap / Earthquake
- Knock Off / Poison Jab

Boasting a higher attack than ferro + better coverage moves Allows it to be an offensive threat with life orb and swords dance. While it does get walled by Corviknight and Bulky Scizors, Having Knock off means it can in the long term muscle through those threats or have other teammates do the same. Plus it's good for dazzle pult which will be allowed back in the tier.

Other Options: A Bulky Triage set could be nice and worth exploring, but it'd mostly be outclassed by Ferro in that role really.

Lastly for the in-depth set review we have the the Corona Moth Himself: Volcarona: :Volcarona: This mon will most likely be a monster in the meta, and might even be broken in spite of it. Sure there's chansey but it and flash fires mons being the only real checks but even then it could spell dangers for the metagame even in spite of it.

volchbd.png

Credit to Shadowmonstr4

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Blue Flare/Fusion Flare
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain/Psychic

For anyone who has played gen 5 AAA this is what nightmares are made of. In all seriousness this is the most basic set with a more standard MGLO QD 3 Attacks. The flares are interchangeable depending on the preference, and the last move is either for better coverage or for more longevity in giga. Sure chansey can wall this set with unaware or transform, but thats where team support can come into play for the matchup moth.

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Turboblaze
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Blue Flare / Fusion Flare
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic / Giga Drain

This set is pretty is supposed to be a breaker in terms of abilities. Bypassing Flash Fire and even Unaware is a nice benefit for the moth and this set really only has one true counter, being chansey that again, can be broken through with other mons.

Ability: Desolate Land
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Blue Flare / Fusion Flare
- Solar Beam
- Bug Buzz

This paired with psychic terrain support might also put the moth over the top. Having stab fire boosted by fire is always nice, and it takes away one of its biggest weaknesses while also abusing it with solar beam. This paired with Jirachi and Gallade Could break that tier, and it doesn't even have to be with this set, but any of these 3 sets. As having to not worry about acelrock is a huge benefit for it setting up.

Other Options: Infestation or Fire Spin could work for trapping and setting up. Roost also for bulkier sets if wanted to.

Those 4 Mons are just some of the new innovations and activity that the meta will see, and now for some more just quick overview on Other Mons coming in wave 1.

:Slowbro: - Not a big fan of it in staaab, especially when Zera and Pult are coming back and Triage Grasses are also really Good, along with more knock usage once chansey comes. PHeal Could be nice, and it can run a nplot mglo set to with its coverage. Guess it could beat Melmetal but honestly, Mandibuzz/Hippo/Tangrowth does that better so :shrug:
:Starmie: - cool coverage for a sflo set, don't think port will be well but who knows.
:Kingdra: - Scald + Clang Soul sounds fun with Pheal, though would probably need support with rocks and what not.
:Skarmory: - Another Stamina Bird that gets body press, this time though it has spikes but lacks the pivoting move and overall bulk Corv Has, so it'll be more niche in my eyes really.
:Mienshao: - Could be a fun Mixed No-Retreat User, not like we have enough of those.

Overall, I'm excited for how the meta will shape, and look forward to the coming months as a player, and hopefully get into other OMM's as well.

New Mons STAAAB Mini-Library.

Okey I am gonna attempt to actually write smth..(DLC)
Most of my favourite pokemons were cut by gf so this is pretty exciting.
Firstly :starmie:
Seeing it's movepool it has a lot of coverage moves (fairy, rock, grass, boltbeam) so it can probably run like sflo or maybe even some no guard set with blizzard, zap cannon shit but also rapid spin.

:Volcarona:
This mon will faaacking reck everything if Chansey dies. At first we have the moldy mglo and Deso quiver dacesets which don't manage to break unaware chansey because I think most Chansey will run spdef due to the existence of volcorona and the moldy set will give Chansey a free transform and will be pretty annoying assuming it has roost.
Volcs in weather can also see usage to break Chansey with maybe even specs sets
Here are some calcs :-
VS MAX SPDEF CHANSEY
252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcarona eruption vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 289-342 (41.1 - 48.6%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
VS PHYSDEF CHANSEY SPECS CALC
252+ SpA Choice Specs Volcarona eruption vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 399-469 (56.7 - 66.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Here are some mglo calcs instead
VS PHYSDEF CHANSEY
252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona eruption vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 347-409 (49.3 - 58.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Volcarona eruption vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 253-298 (35.9 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
Volcarona @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- blue flare
- Quiver Dance / Fusion Flare / Uturn
- Psychic
Volcarona @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- U-turn
- Fusion Flare
- Solar Beam
Needs good hazard control ofc
Calc :-252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Volcarona Blue Flare vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 458-540 (65.1 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Not gonna mention more sets cuz axgwd prolly mentioned all of them. Some more sets could be random Dazzlings to catch rock types and some HDB sets on modly volc etc.
Also dont know if chandelure will be allowed or not but the specs sets I mentioned would probably be better on candle if it would be allowed.
It also gets morning sun for weather teams
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sticky Web /defog
- U-turn
- Roost
- Whirlwind/toxic/tailwind/willowisp/toxic
Gets a lot of support moves too lel.

Next up is :scizor:
Ok prolly shouldn't have mentioned the "meme set" on volc cuz I could have used all those :( but w/e
So scizor could run a similar set too
Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire /regenerator
Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- U-turn
- Tailwind /knock off
- Roost/ knock off / Brave bird
Having brave bird (or any other stab flying move I can't remember) it could act as a volcarona bait maybe??

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Anchor Shot
- Swords Dance
- Roost
I am making random sets at this point cuz I am tired now but that's probably a good set too.
Then we have some other scizor sets like Bulky Kings shield uturn brrrrr, steelworker band etc etc etc etc etc (that volcarona post tired me so sorry can't write all the sets I have in mind I will update it later when I am free tho for all the mons after volc). Scizor is pretty cool having only 1 weakness so it's very easy to build around.

:skarmory:
This ugly ass bird seems very good too
Dunno if I should say a worse or a better Corviknight because both seems different to me...
Corviknight lacks spikes and skarmory is less versatile
The addition of body press is pretty interesting and can run faaacking based sets like this
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Serious Nature
- Iron Defense / curse
- Body Press
- Roost
- idk wtf to put here maybe taunt? Maybe night slash?????????
Maybe anchor shot to trap and a different ability also boyn is cute
So body press in general is gonna be menacing giving rise to sets like volt absorb skarmory to fAack up magnezone
And ofc it will be a good defoger and and spiker with addition to taunt, paired with a good ghost type for spin Chansey etc hazard control will be
Also yeah forgot to mention about the flash fire set which could faaaaaaaaaaack up volcarona.. sorry for going to volc every 5 minutes.

:Talonflame:

Not my favourite mon from the DLC but still worth a few lines.
I would have thought this would be 1 dimensional only being able to run mglo sets
But I forgot about it's pre evos and see it learns normal type moves which is insane
Normal types are based in staaab as you all know getting ton of support moves.
Now talonflame can run ton of sets like

Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Explosion
- w/e you want
- w/e you want
Like this it can run several of the -ate abilties.
Has uturn for pivoting and can run mixed sets too(yes)
Having glare on a offensive mon like this is pretty good
Another thing being it can run soft boiled over roost.
This mon still isn't as impressive as others so I'm not sure....
That's if from me I will make another post with Chansey magnezone slowbro krookodile and tangrowth unless everyone hates this post kek

Last edited:

Best Gal

once upon a time wont last forever
big ups to tnm on becoming our new RO :L I expect good things

here's my own post on some dlc mons but I'm trying not to continue the staaab flood so I mostly focused on other shit

ERjq3BIUcAAgaqu.jpg

Poliwrath @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Liquidation
- Belly Drum
- Poison Jab / Aqua Jet / Close Combat / Stone Edge

a caaamo set wherein the idea is click drum and win. there are all kinds of types you can elect for, with cc/liquidation/eq all being solid STAB options and moves like pjab (grasses, fairies that dont drop to eq, etc.) and lariat (I don't really know what I'm supposed to be hitting with that but it's there ig)

in camo stab he has a nice niche too; wab grounds with bulk are always nice but idk what you'd opt for as secondary typing besides like fighting thru cc/drain punch (which wrath gets now and it's hottt)

slowbro and...
pokemon_slowbro_2x.png

...this thing...

are showing up soon. hard to conjecture on galar bro but if it still has regen then the tspikes port set is going to be OBNOXIOUS, and I honestly think like you could run merciless galar bro with plot and it'd cheese

as for base slowbro it gets body press, weather ball and plot now so lol.

and if you thought there was gonna be an actual set in here

you were wrong kid get lost

340-3404406_transparent-tauros-png-png-download.png

ok this is the real mon I have been hyped for, it got SO much stuff; close combat, megahorn, throat chop, megahorn are all solid

Tauros (M) @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate / Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge / Stone Edge / Rock Slide

eq/megahorn/cc is really solid but struggles to beat flying types; rock slide is better on the sflo set and dents tnm's gyarados nicely-
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados: 133-156 (33.7 - 39.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Possible damage amounts: (133, 133, 135, 135, 138, 140, 140, 143, 143, 146, 148, 148, 151, 151, 153, 156)

actually this sucks dont use it I just really like tauros, run the band variant or you will not do shit throughout the game

I was gonna cover way more mons like sheer force starmie in caaamo but I got tired I'll do it some other time

First thing I need to say is something I've been needing to announce for a while, but I've just been being too lazy to do so. Icemaster has decided to leave the council for STAB 'n' Mega, leaving the council to be filled by just me and TNM for the time being.

On another note, since the DLC is coming out soonish anyway, I thought I'd dump my STAB 'n' Mega teambuilder as a retrospective on how the meta has changed. This will include some teams featuring illegal stuff, and some garbage teams, so I'll include some notable stuff on their own outside of this hide and go more in depth with them.
=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: w u t ===

Reshiram @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Eruption

Excadrill @ Scizorite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Bone Rush
- Gear Grind
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Rotom-Wash @ Cameruptite
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Freeze-Dry
- Thunderbolt
- Strength Sap

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 112 Def / 112 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Spectral Thief
- King's Shield
- Bullet Punch

Eternatus @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb

Salazzle (F) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Oblivious
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Blue Flare
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: GWeez+Scarf Reshi ===

Weezing-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Poison Fang
- Taunt
- Moonlight

Reshiram @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Eruption

Toxapex @ Latiasite
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Poison Fang
- Haze
- Scald

Umbreon @ Audinite
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 198 Def / 62 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Parting Shot
- Slack Off
- Topsy-Turvy

Corviknight @ Sablenite
Ability: Mirror Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Anchor Shot
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Gourgeist-Super (M) @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Spectral Thief
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp

=== [gen8mixandmega] ranshop update ===

Dragapult @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Dragon Dance
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak

Mamoswine @ Lucarionite
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

Arcanine @ Altarianite
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- V-create
- Morning Sun
- Teleport

Mew @ Manectite
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Scald
- Volt Switch

Corviknight @ Sablenite
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Anchor Shot
- U-turn

Necrozma-Dawn-Wings @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Psystrike
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: Scarf Reshi Balance ===

Reshiram @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Blue Flare

Umbreon @ Audinite
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Parting Shot
- Slack Off
- Topsy-Turvy

Rotom-Heat @ Latiasite
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Aromatherapy
- Spectral Thief
- Volt Switch

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 116 HP / 208 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Autotomize
- Photon Geyser
- Spectral Thief
- Moonlight

Relaxed Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Spectral Thief
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp

Corviknight @ Sablenite
Relaxed Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: Scarf Zac Bulky Offense ===

Zacian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs

Umbreon @ Sablenite
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Parting Shot
- Slack Off
- Topsy-Turvy

Relaxed Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Spectral Thief
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Heat @ Latiasite
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Leech Seed
- Spectral Thief
- Volt Switch

Reshiram @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Roost
- Blue Flare
- Dynamax Cannon

Mantine @ Audinite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Liquidation
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: CSoul Silvally ===

Silvally @ Altarianite
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 232 HP / 220 Def / 56 SpA
Bold Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Boomburst
- Recover
- Encore

Umbreon @ Sablenite
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Parting Shot
- Slack Off
- Topsy-Turvy

Relaxed Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Spectral Thief
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Heat @ Latiasite
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Leech Seed
- Spectral Thief
- Volt Switch

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 224 HP / 68 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Dragon Dance
- Moonlight
- Earthquake

Reshiram @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Roost
- Blue Flare
- Dynamax Cannon

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: Darmy-G Bulky Offense ===

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- U-turn

Arcanine @ Altarianite
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Teleport
- Morning Sun
- V-create

Umbreon @ Sablenite
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Wish
- Slack Off
- Topsy-Turvy

Rotom-Heat @ Latiasite
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Leech Seed
- Spectral Thief
- Volt Switch

Corviknight @ Venusaurite
Relaxed Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost

Relaxed Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Spectral Thief
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: Post Etern Unban Stall ===

Back At Last (Eternatus) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Clear Smog
- Poison Fang
- Recover
- Dragon Tail

Buzzin' (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Sablenite
Ability: Overcoat
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Topsy-Turvy
- U-turn
- Roost

Ding! (Rotom-Heat) @ Latiasite
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Leech Seed
- Spectral Thief
- Volt Switch

End Game (Lunala) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psystrike
- Moongeist Beam

Pump-Kun (Gourgeist-Super) (M) @ Banettite
Relaxed Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Spectral Thief
- Strength Sap
- Will-O-Wisp

Chillax (Snorlax) @ Aggronite
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Transform
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: Sun HO ===

Darmanitan @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Dusknoir @ Banettite
Impish Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Destiny Bond
- Pain Split
- Taunt

Rotom-Heat @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Solar Beam
- Blue Flare
- Roost

Chandelure @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Moongeist Beam
- Taunt
- Solar Beam

Reshiram @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Solar Beam
- Blue Flare
- Clanging Scales

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Blue Flare
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM + Zac and Etern ===

Zacian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs

Rotom-Heat @ Banettite
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Destiny Bond
- Spectral Thief
- Volt Switch

Umbreon @ Sablenite
Ability: Inner Focus
Relaxed Nature
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Court Change
- Topsy-Turvy

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 42 HP / 252 Atk / 69 Def / 69 SpA / 69 SpD
Brave Nature
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn
- Protect
- Lunge

Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Anchor Shot
- Roost
- Defog

Eternatus @ Black Sludge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Clangorous Soul
- Dynamax Cannon
- Flamethrower

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: Shedinja Stall ===

Rotom-Heat @ Banettite
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Destiny Bond
- Spectral Thief
- Volt Switch

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Brave Nature
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn
- Protect
- Lunge

Umbreon @ Audinite
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Slack Off
- Rapid Spin
- Parting Shot
- Topsy-Turvy

Corviknight @ Sablenite
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Defog

Hippowdon @ Slowbronite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Atk / 68 Def / 116 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock

Snorlax @ Aggronite
Impish Nature
- Transform
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: TSpikes Balance ===

Weezing-Galar @ Ampharosite
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Aromatherapy
- Haze
- Pain Split

Umbreon @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Heal Bell
- Parting Shot

Hippowdon @ Slowbronite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Crunch

Dragapult @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Substitute
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

Mandibuzz (F) @ Audinite
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Foul Play
- U-turn

Rotom-Heat @ Banettite
Relaxed Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Destiny Bond
- Roost
- Volt Switch

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: Ghost Spam ===

Lunala @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Focus Blast
- Psystrike
- Moonblast

Gengar @ Lucarionite
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Attack Order
- Spectral Thief
- Protect

Rotom-Heat @ Banettite
Relaxed Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Destiny Bond
- Roost
- Volt Switch

Umbreon @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Court Change
- Recover
- Heal Bell
- Parting Shot

Zeraora @ Lopunnite
Ability: Volt Absorb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bolt Strike
- Throat Chop
- Toxic

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: weird jank ===

Lunala @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Moongeist Beam
- Psystrike

Rotom-Heat @ Banettite
Relaxed Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Destiny Bond
- Roost
- Volt Switch

Umbreon @ Sablenite
Relaxed Nature
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Court Change
- Topsy-Turvy

Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Anchor Shot
- Roost
- Defog

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- U-turn
- First Impression
- Spectral Thief
- Protect

Hippowdon @ Slowbronite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Crunch

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: New Stuff ===

h0rny (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
Modest Nature
- Secret Sword
- Air Slash
- Water Spout
- Water Shuriken

ANGRY (Darmanitan) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Earthquake

fabulous (Milotic) @ Audinite
Ability: Competitive
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Scald
- Magic Coat

f a t (Snorlax) @ Aggronite
Impish Nature
- Transform
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

terra (Terrakion) @ Diancite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Head Smash
- Accelerock
- Earthquake

flavio (Hippowdon) (M) @ Slowbronite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Crunch

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: Hail Hydra ===

Hydreigon @ Lucarionite
Adamant Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Roost
- Power Trip
- Dragon Darts

Rotom-Heat @ Latiasite
Relaxed Nature
- Volt Switch
- Spectral Thief
- Roost
- Leech Seed

Corviknight @ Sablenite
Ability: Unnerve
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Spite
- Anchor Shot

Decidueye @ Banettite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Spectral Thief
- Roost
- U-turn

Excadrill @ Scizorite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gear Grind
- Bone Rush
- Rapid Spin

Pyukumuku @ Audinite
Ability: Innards Out
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Taunt

=== [gen8mixandmega] Post-Home SnM: BEAK ===

Zekrom @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Bolt Beak
- Roost

Zeraora @ Lopunnite
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Outrage

Virizon (Virizion) @ Audinite
Impish Nature
- Circle Throw
- Strength Sap
- Horn Leech
- Octolock

Hydreigon @ Lucarionite
Adamant Nature
- Power Trip
- Roost
- Dragon Darts
- Clangorous Soul

Lunala @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Psystrike
- Moongeist Beam

Rotom-Fan @ Banettite
Calm Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Roost
- Haze
- Volt Switch

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: Rain Offense (-ditto, +DIB) ===

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost
- Scald

Dracovish @ Sharpedonite
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Togedemaru @ Swampertite
Ability: Sturdy
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Sunsteel Strike
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Banettite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Roost
- Spectral Thief
- Volt Switch

Excadrill @ Scizorite
Jolly Nature
- Bone Rush
- Gear Grind
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Indeedee (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Photon Geyser
- Healing Wish
- Dazzling Gleam

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: My One True Love...(Dittoless) ===

Gastrodon (Gastrodon-East) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Clear Smog
- Earth Power

Corviknight (M) @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spite
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Snorlax @ Aggronite
Impish Nature
- Transform
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Toxapex @ Banettite
Ability: Limber
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Poison Fang
- Recover
- Haze

Hippowdon @ Slowbronite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Crunch

Rotom-Wash @ Latiasite
Relaxed Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Roost
- Volt Switch
- Defog

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: #FreeEtern ===

Relaxed Nature
- Spite
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Snorlax @ Aggronite
Impish Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Toxapex @ Banettite
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Poison Fang
- Recover
- Haze

Hippowdon @ Slowbronite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Crunch

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Relaxed Nature
- Heal Bell
- Fake Out
- Slack Off
- Rapid Spin

Eternatus @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Poison Fang
- Clear Smog
- Dragon Tail

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: My One True Love... ===

Gastrodon (Gastrodon-East) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Clear Smog
- Earth Power

Relaxed Nature
- Spite
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Snorlax @ Aggronite
Impish Nature
- Transform
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Toxapex @ Banettite
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Poison Fang
- Recover
- Haze

Hippowdon @ Slowbronite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Crunch

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Heal Bell
- Fake Out
- Slack Off
- Rapid Spin

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: Dugtrio Semistall ===

Dugtrio @ Diancite
Ability: Arena Trap
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute

Relaxed Nature
- Spite
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Snorlax @ Aggronite
Impish Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Rotom-Wash @ Latiosite
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Heal Bell
- Court Change

Umbreon @ Audinite
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Parting Shot
- Crunch

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM Zamazenta Bulky Offense ===

Zamazenta @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dauntless Shield
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Psychic Fangs

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Court Change
- Fake Out
- Recover
- Whirlwind

Umbreon @ Audinite
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Parting Shot
- Crunch

Relaxed Nature
- Spite
- U-turn
- Roost
- Taunt

Rotom-Wash @ Latiasite
Relaxed Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Aromatherapy

Snorlax @ Aggronite
Impish Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: Toxtricity Bulky Offense ===

Toxtricity @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Punk Rock
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Shift Gear
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch

Corviknight @ Sablenite
Relaxed Nature
- Spite
- U-turn
- Roost
- Taunt

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Recover
- Heal Bell

Rotom-Wash @ Latiasite
Relaxed Nature
- Volt Switch
- Aromatherapy
- Spectral Thief
- Roost

Hippowdon @ Slowbronite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Crunch

Ghost in the Shell (Silvally-Ghost) @ Ghost Memory
Careful Nature
- Multi-Attack
- Coil
- Rest
- Drain Punch

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: Silvally Stall ===

perfectly balanced (Silvally) @ Venusaurite
Impish Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Aromatherapy
- Slack Off
- Haze

Toxapex @ Banettite
Impish Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Poison Fang
- Scald

Corviknight @ Sablenite
Relaxed Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Roost
- U-turn
- Spite

Rotom-Wash @ Latiasite
Relaxed Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Aromatherapy

Snorlax @ Aggronite
Impish Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Whirlwind
- Fake Out

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: Ditto Stall ===

Corviknight @ Sablenite
Relaxed Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Roost
- U-turn
- Spite

Snorlax @ Aggronite
Impish Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Toxapex @ Banettite
Impish Nature
- Poison Fang
- Recover
- Haze
- Scald

Umbreon @ Audinite
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Recover
- Topsy-Turvy
- Parting Shot
- Darkest Lariat

Rotom-Wash @ Latiasite
Relaxed Nature
- Volt Switch
- Aromatherapy
- Roost
- Spectral Thief

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed Nature
- Transform
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Recover

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: Anti-Ditto Stall ===

Corviknight @ Sablenite
Relaxed Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Roost
- U-turn
- Spite

Snorlax @ Aggronite
Impish Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Toxapex @ Latiasite
Relaxed Nature
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Poison Fang
- Clear Smog

Hippowdon @ Slowbronite
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 76 SpA / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Mud-Slap
- Yawn
- Whirlwind

Umbreon @ Audinite
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Topsy-Turvy
- Parting Shot
- Foul Play

Rotom-Wash @ Banettite
Impish Nature
- Haze
- Destiny Bond
- Roost
- Spirit Shackle

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: Super Stall ===

Corviknight @ Sablenite
Relaxed Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Roost
- U-turn
- Spite

Snorlax @ Aggronite
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Toxapex @ Banettite
Impish Nature
- Poison Fang
- Recover
- Haze
- Scald

Hippowdon @ Slowbronite
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 76 SpA / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Mud-Slap
- Yawn
- Whirlwind

Umbreon @ Audinite
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Topsy-Turvy
- Parting Shot
- Darkest Lariat

Rotom-Wash @ Latiasite
Relaxed Nature
- Volt Switch
- Aromatherapy
- Roost
- Spectral Thief

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: N I C E ===

Drampa @ Altarianite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 104 SpA / 84 SpD / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Recover
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower

Shedinja @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Level: 69
Brave Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Destiny Bond
- U-turn
- Spikes

Corviknight @ Sablenite
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog
- Anchor Shot

Umbreon @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Parting Shot
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Alcremie (F) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Aroma Veil
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Strange Steam
- Recover
- Encore

Toxapex @ Banettite
Impish Nature
- Poison Fang
- Haze
- Recover
- Scald

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: Strange Stall ===

Jellicent (F) @ Latiasite
Sassy Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Recover
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Appletun @ Venusaurite
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Leech Seed
- Recover
- Snap Trap

Toxapex @ Banettite
Impish Nature
- Poison Fang
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Corviknight @ Sablenite
Relaxed Nature
- Spite
- Roost
- U-turn
- Anchor Shot

Rotom-Heat @ Ampharosite
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Spectral Thief
- Strength Sap
- Aromatherapy

Snorlax @ Aggronite
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Bold Nature
- Perish Song
- Court Change
- Recover
- Heal Bell

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM Cancer ===

Cancer (Duskull) @ Banettite
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk
- Pain Split
- Substitute
- Curse
- Taunt

Cloyster @ Gyaradosite
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Haze
- Spikes

Corviknight @ Sablenite
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Anchor Shot

Snorlax @ Venusaurite
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Perish Song
- Recover
- Heal Bell

Drapion @ Manectite
Ability: Battle Armor
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Toxapex @ Ampharosite
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

=== [gen8mixandmega] Copy of SnM Stall without Eternatus ===

Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Anchor Shot

Toxapex @ Banettite
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Poison Fang
- Scald

Mantine @ Audinite
Careful Nature
- Liquidation
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze

Snorlax @ Sablenite
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Perish Song
- Heal Bell

Hippowdon @ Slowbronite
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Weezing-Galar @ Charizardite X
Impish Nature
- Poison Fang
- Aromatherapy
- Defog
- Pain Split

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM Espeed not lest ye be Espeeded ===

Indeedee (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Photon Geyser
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psystrike

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Impish Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Fake Out
- Roar
- Slack Off

Snorlax @ Lopunnite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Belly Drum
- Brick Break
- Recover

Obstagoon @ Pinsirite
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Darkest Lariat
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Flareon @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Double-Edge

Corviknight @ Sablenite
Level: 99
Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog
- Body Press

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM Stall without Eternatus ===

Relaxed Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Anchor Shot

Toxapex @ Banettite
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Poison Fang
- Scald

Mantine @ Ampharosite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze

Snorlax @ Sablenite
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Perish Song
- Heal Bell

Umbreon @ Gyaradosite
Bold Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Parting Shot
- Slack Off
- Heal Bell

Hippowdon @ Slowbronite
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM Double Eeveelution Stall ===

Vaporeon @ Sablenite
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Heal Bell
- Whirlwind
- Rapid Spin

Umbreon @ Gyaradosite
Careful Nature
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off
- Heal Bell
- Darkest Lariat

Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Anchor Shot

Eternatus @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Recover
- Toxic
- Draco Meteor

Hippowdon @ Slowbronite
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Drifblim @ Banettite
Ability: Aftermath
Careful Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Haze
- Strength Sap
- Spectral Thief

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM: Normies, REEE (BDrum banned) ===

this is fun (Obstagoon) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat

rawr (Flareon) @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack

just use sr 4head (Corviknight) @ Sablenite
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Roost
- Taunt

imma birb (Unfezant) @ Salamencite
Ability: Big Pecks
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Explosion
- Fake Out
- U-turn

brainpower (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Impish Nature
- Transform
- Extreme Speed
- Recover
- Whirlwind

eSPECIALly deadly (Heliolisk) @ Glalitite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Boomburst
- Extreme Speed
- Volt Switch
- Electro Ball

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM Stall #3 ===

Hippowdon @ Slowbronite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Superpower

Impish Nature
- Roost
- King's Shield
- Defog
- U-turn

Toxapex @ Sablenite
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Eternatus @ Black Sludge
Sassy Nature
- Clear Smog
- Recover
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail

Mantine @ Audinite
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Haze
- Scald
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Manectite
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Haze
- Scald
- Roost

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM Stall #2 ===

Corviknight-Gmax @ Venusaurite
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- King's Shield

Eternatus @ Black Sludge
Sassy Nature
- Clear Smog
- Dragon Tail
- Recover
- Toxic

Snorlax @ Sablenite
Calm Nature
- Whirlwind
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Heal Bell

Hippowdon (F) @ Aggronite
Happiness: 160
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Mantine @ Audinite
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Haze
- Scald
- Roost

Toxapex @ Banettite
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Ice Beam

=== [gen8mixandmega] SnM Stall ===

Corviknight-Gmax @ Venusaurite
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- King's Shield

Snorlax @ Sablenite
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Whirlwind

Togekiss @ Aggronite
Ability: Serene Grace
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Eternatus @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Dragon Tail
- Clear Smog

Toxapex @ Latiasite
Bold Nature
- Clear Smog
- Recover
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes

Mantine @ Audinite
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Haze
- Scald
- Defog

Now for some of the particular standouts.

:corviknight: :snorlax: :togekiss: :eternatus: :toxapex: :mantine:
Not only is this my first STAB 'n' Mega team of this gen, it's also my very first gen 8 team. As such, there are some massive mistakes, such as Toxic Eternatus and Togekiss as a whole. Trust me, this only goes up in quality from here.

This was the first team I posted on the thread, and...well, it was the most convincing argument against "STAB 'n' Mega is a stallfest." Still likely the most degenerate team I've built in ages, really glad ExtremeSpeed is restricted now.

:lunala: :rotom-heat: :umbreon: :corviknight: :shedinja: :hippowdon:
Okay, so this is the only legal sample team that is legal (until tnm updates his webs team), and while it wasn't built for current format, it can still do decently even now.

:eternatus: :mandibuzz: :rotom-heat: :lunala: :gourgeist-super: :snorlax:
Probably the best stall team (I know that it's technically not stall, but I don't care) I've made in a while, though it's really hurt by Reshiram becoming more common. If you want to use it though, Umbreon should probably be slotted in over Mandibuzz, but I'm too lazy to change it.

:dragapult: :mamoswine: :arcanine: :mew: :corviknight: :necrozma-dawn-wings:
Ransei's STAB 'n' Mega team made me cringe, so I decided to make a somewhat better version of it. It still sucks, but it's slightly better than the original. I tried to keep the team as true to the original, but if you wanted to make it good, you'd need to replace Necrozma with Lunala, and add a stronger anti-setup tool than Dragapult.

:weezing-galar: :reshiram: :toxapex: :umbreon: :corviknight: :gourgeist-super:
My most recent good team (the only one made after is effectively a TNM Counterteam, and doesn't really have any answer to setup). This does feature some interesting choices in non-mega Galarian Weezing and Scarf Reshiram. The former is by far the best Toxic Spiker in the tier, due to Neutralizing Gas, while Scarf Reshiram has surprise value over a more standard set, plus it is better at forcing swaps than the standard set.

Last edited:
Dead Spotlight!

:sm/diglett::sm/trapinch:
So far, I still haven't find them broken yet. Trapping is meant to be this good.

:sm/timburr:
I have weird stuff about deciding Timburr's typing until I decided to used a still mono-Fighting. Poison/Fighting has some nice resistances, especially a Fighting resist, but this typing has to make more careful play around trappers. Dark/Fighting may seemed good due to STAB Knock Off, but Dark doesn't give anything useful defensively; it makes it lose to other Fighters, and Ghost or Psychic attackers aren't common (Ponyta-Galar is the closest one on the latter, but it often has a Fairy coverage anyway.

:sm/corphish:
STAB Knock Off is really powerful when boosted by Adaptability, but the Dark-typing gives Corphish a weaker defensive typing; Fighting-types can threatened it with their STAB, offensive Vullaby can threaten to 2HKO it with U-turn, and Trapinch can trap and revenge killed it with First Impression.

:sm/shellder:
Shellder is in a weird case for me rn, as its weakness became more apparent; It still loses to some same bulky pokemon depending on the typing; Fighting-types if Water/Rock and Water-types if Water/Ice. Water/Rock has bigger issues with some Fighting-types, especially Timburr, which can revenge killed it easier. It still checked by some Steel-types like Pawniard. Water/Ice has trouble breaking past through bulky Water-types, while carrying a Stealth Rock weakness, and Timburr can still revenge killed it. Rock/Ice has terrible defensive typing, which make it harder to set-up on some mons.

:sm/koffing:
Koffing has a great niche with its Poison/Electric typing, which is one of few typing that resist both Fight/Flying STAB from Farfetch'd-Galar. Outside of this, Koffing can check physical attackers such as Timburr, Mudbray, non-Rock Onix. With Levitate, it is immune to Ground, an otherwise 4x super-effective against it, and also allowed it to avoid being trapped by Diglett and Trapinch. Its STAB combination does some considerable amount of damage if given huge investment. Its lack of reliable recovery option is a biggest downside for Koffing, for sure.

And another thing, since DLC is coming in a few days, I'm already working on updating the tour codes to include what was revealed to return at DLC 1 since last week, especially STAB-based Mashups.

ShAAAred Power is now a thing. Also, after the first tour in the mashups room, Fur Coat, Fluffy, and Ice Scales have been quickbanned, since they made stall teams practically unbreakable. I originally thought they wouldn't be too broken, but I was most certainly wrong. This likely would've led to extremely long games, since Poison Heal was also extremely common.

For those who want the tourcode, here:
/tour new gen8sharedpower, elimination
/tour rules Obtainable, !Obtainable Abilities, Species Clause, Nickname Clause, 2 Ability Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Moves Clause, Team Preview, HP Percentage Mod, Cancel Mod, Dynamax Clause, Sleep Clause Mod, Endless Battle Clause, - Leppa Berry, + Darmanitan-Galar, - Dracovish, - Dragapult, - Eternatus, - Keldeo, - Kyurem-Black, - Kyurem-White, - Lunala, - Marshadow, - Melmetal, - Mewtwo, - Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, - Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, - Reshiram, - Shedinja, - Solgaleo, - Zacian, - Zamazenta, - Zekrom, - Zeraora, - Arena Trap, - Comatose, - Contrary, - Flare Boost, - Fluffy, - Fur Coat, - Gorilla Tactics, - Guts, - Huge Power, - Ice Scales, - Illusion, - Imposter, - Innards Out, - Intrepid Sword, - Libero, - Moody, - Neutralizing Gas, - Parental Bond, - Protean, - Pure Power, - Shadow Tag, - Simple, - Stakeout, - Speed Boost, - Teravolt, - Tinted Lens, - Turboblaze, - Unaware, - Unburden, - Water Bubble, - Wonder Guard, - Baton Pass, + Swift Swim, + Chlorophyll, + Surge Surfer, + Slush Rush, + Sand Rush, - Drizzle ++ Swift Swim, - Primordial Sea ++ Swift Swim, - Drought ++ Chlorophyll, - Desolate Land ++ Chlorophyll, - Electric Surge ++ Surge Surfer, - Snow Warning ++ Slush Rush, - Sand Stream ++ Sand Rush, - Steelworker ++ Steely Spirit, - Regenerator ++ Emergency Exit, - Regenerator ++ Wimp Out, - Mirror Armor, - Trace
/tour autostart 10
/tour autodq 4
/tour name [Gen 8] ShAAAred Power

Last edited:

Tranquility

Kuru~Kuru
Another STAAAB Post from Me how original with the new moves being released from the DLC, i'd like to discuss some of the effects and potential new sets that these moves can bring.

730.png
/
- With Flip Turn that is a water pivoting move it allows for the common archetype of Bulky Waters to become really good as it allows to keep up the momentum as well as paired with Regenerator get residual HP Back. With Lanturn already being a common sponge but having resort to volt switch, it can now more freely Pivot without having to worry about volt absorb/ ground mons. Granted, With how popular Desolate Land might because of Volcarona and Chandelure Returning, it could be not as effective in the short term.

- Poltergeist Being a more powerful ghost stab move could be problematic move considering how well the Adaptability Choiced Set is. While the effect of it is a little vague, the description of "controlling the target's item" could potentially be really bad for the meta, especially with it potentially acting as a more power knock off. Granted again, can be walled by normals.

/
- Triple Axel sounds fun, it probably won't be as a mainstay as the other two or the moveset of the last mon but it'll fun to use on technician sets. However an ice move with the base power of 30 + 45 + 60 (or 135) Plus stab does seem absolutely Bonkers.

- HOLY FAAAAAAAAAAAACK THIS MON WILL BE BASED AF. On a serious note, getting back shore up that actually allows for more defensive sets is just what it needed. Additionally, it also has access to the Ground Move "Scorching Sands" which is the ground equivalent of scald, which provides even more defensive utility along with healing and knock. Lastly, this mon also gets access to Meteor Beam, with it's spa raise is effectively an 180 Base Power Special Rock Move, which can make TTar for a potential late game sweeper with this, Unburden and it's vast special move pool.

There's one thing that I want to talk about..
1592435958714.png

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force / Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Blaze Kick
- Play Rough
- Focus Blast / Grass Knot / Close Combat

It did not deserve to be unbanned, but is freed bc DLC and a growing unban sentiment.

In short; this thing is broken. it OHKOs every offensive mon in the meta, 2HKOs almost every defensive mon in the meta, and the few mons who survive are both too specific to be healthy and suck in general. In return, it has enough bulk to survive scarfers and priority while returning kos back. DLC1 has added almost nothing to fix this.

honestly home changes a few things soooo this isnt the best section. even if some scarfers outspeed and ohko, zera gets a free kill every time it switches in.

252 Atk Dazzling Dragapult Shadow Force (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zeraora: 216-255 (68.1 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Adaptability Dragapult Shadow Force (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zeraora: 288-340 (90.8 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragapult: 377-445 (118.9 - 140.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Things have changed for Dragapult since Poltergeist started existing, and I didn't account for that while writing this post. Still, Dragapult HAS to be scarf (which is an uneffective set) and wants to run Spectral to stop set up anyway, over Poltergeist. Zera outspeeds Band and LO which are better sets overall.

252+ Atk Life Orb Ferrothorn Horn Leech vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zeraora: 177-211 (55.8 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 263-309 (91 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
I don't need to calc Blaze Kick. Fighting coverage takes care of Ferrothorn just the same. other grassy triage users are below.

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zeraora: 180-213 (56.7 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zeraora: 234-277 (73.8 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Conkeldurr: 337-398 (81.4 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Conk actually lives! It's fairly rare though (especially with Pult!), and loses with rocks or the SLIGHTEST of chip (such as LO!)

252 Atk Machamp / Urshifu Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zeraora: 249-294 (78.5 - 92.7%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Bolt Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew / Urshifu: 324-382 (95 - 112%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Urshifu is another mon I didn't account for but as soon as you try being offensive you reveal your scarf and can be taken advantage of using a fairy type. You also need Rocks / Chip, and lead / close lead Zeraora is threatening enough. Rocks are also easier to keep up on the Zeraora player's side, due to most good hazard clearers dying to Zeraora.

252+ Atk Bisharp (130 Base Atk) Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zeraora: 156-184 (49.2 - 58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 324-382 (97 - 114.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

i'm honestly too lazy to list them all but these are notable outspeeders, many other things are weaker and fall to other stuff

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Type: Null: 226-266 (57.3 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Type: Null: 148-177 (37.5 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Type: Null: 161-191 (40.8 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Type: Null: 208-247 (52.7 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Null loses to Bolt Strike + Focus Blast no matter what. Either way, any set gets 2ko'd by either move if Rocks are up. Neutral Bolt Strike can 2KO after some chip on Null, let alone any other neutral mon.

EDIT: I'm not consistent on lefties but even with them you get died by rocks
"Standard", easy to splash Volt Absorbers get destroyed, either due to Zeraora's amazing coverage, or its sheer power.

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 208-247 (49 - 58.2%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Blaze Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 198-234 (49.5 - 58.5%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 181-213 (54.6 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Togekiss: 156-185 (41.7 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

If Corviknight gets in on a Bolt Strike, then theoretically it can rooststall with rocky helmet. Without Rocky Helmet, Zeraora fishes for a crit with Blaze Kick. With Rocky Helmet, there's a little ability called MAGNET PULL that screws you over, and you are stuck roosting unless you want to die. Mandibuzz does not get trapped but if it gets in on a Bolt Strike it is forced to Roost stall, and is a free switch. Motor Drive Gyara is only a threat bc it now outspeeds you, but it isn't safe as you die to PR. All 3 mons are somewhat predictable in getting in (or else Zera bolt strikes a mon for free) and die. Bulky NP Toge dies if it invests SpA, 252/252+ sets are described below (hint: they aren't good).

EDIT(2): I forgot about golospod. but golo doesnt have any reliable recovery without regen/pheal so just wear it down with rocks (after a knock) or play roughs, dont feel like calcing

Type immunties don't matter. Zera's coverage is too good.

4 SpA Life Orb Zeraora Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Runerigus: 146-174 (45.6 - 54.3%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Life Orb Zeraora Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 203-239 (48.3 - 56.9%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO
4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 195-230 (46.4 - 54.7%) -- 62.9% chance to 2HKO

Hippo always dies to grass knot when switching. Sap Sipper is super unhealthy for just one mon and you need SpD AND Sap Sipper in order to not die to Focus blast on the switch. Runerigus was a nonthreat in pre-DLC StAAAb but now it gets shore up... which means Zera can fish for high rolls or a crit if it switches in, and it loses the switch if it has the tiniest of chip (and rocks).

EDIT:
4 SpA Life Orb Zeraora Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Seismitoad: 265-317 (64 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def (Sap Sipper) Seismitoad: 190-224 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD (Sap Sipper) Seismitoad: 188-222 (45.4 - 53.6%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

leftover ahhhhhh but something something ROCKS something CHIP

Everything that can survive Zeraora is an unset otherwise and is too passive.

4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Toxapex: 55-65 (18 - 21.3%) -- possible 7HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mantine: 135-160 (36 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Togekiss: 112-133 (29.9 - 35.5%) -- 21.6% chance to 3HKO

All 3 of these mons are too passive. Toxapex is too passive. It can only chip special attackers (or set tspikes, a moveslot too valuable to waste bc 4MSS), and does absolutely nothing against special attackers who can recover. It loses to anything that hits it SE too. What does Toge without any SpA investment do against anything with the slightest amount of bulk? Mantine???

(Flash Fire grasses suck too; Zardude dies to Play Rough, Ferro to Fighting coverage, and those are the 2 best grasses. And again, too specific, too easily abusable. )
Either way, all 3 mons are running Volt Absorb. A specific abiltiy to counter ONE mon and make you suboptimal.

Triage seems like a good check. As long as they survive an OHKO they can stall infinitely with Strength Sap... right?

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Blaze Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 177-208 (43.8 - 51.4%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO

this is the bulkiest grass against Zeraora. unmon, you shouldn't run max def on triage. here's a more representive calc.

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Zeraora Blaze Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zardude: 273-322 (65.9 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (also representative of Celebi, Deducieye, etc.)

They do not like to switch in. They can go for Stength Sap and Zeraora can fish for a crit. Like certain Volt Absorbs with momentum advantage, they are forced to sap. With Synthesis/Recover itself, they eventually lose (even with Helmet). Unlike with potential VA's, Strength Sap is easily abusiable with the ability Magic Bounce. They don't get any healing. An MBounce like Corvi just straight up denies any Triage mon recovery and gains momentum with a U-Turn, meanwhile they are no longer a check to Zera due to their weakening. You could also use an offensive fire type like Salazzle (Chandy while its free) to let them have barely any health recover but an incredibly threatening mon.
Rocky Helmet 252/252+ can recover stall Zeraora. Its a free switch for Zera user, just like other VA's who are 2ko'd by Ora.

Last edited:
For some who might not know, Tour Codes of Stabmons-based Mashups (STAAABmons, STAB n Mega, Stabmons Doubles, and STABmons LC) have been updated to include DLC 1 mons! And here's some of my thoughs of returning mon and new moves from DLC 1.
:sm/porygon:
Electric
/
Ice

Porygon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Level: 5
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Trick
This is a set I've been theorymonned if Porygon made it to the DLC. Its a good Scarfer with STAB BoltBeam and almost always gets a Special Attack boost from Download due to majority of Pokemon in LC have equal defensive stats or have their Defense higher than Special Defense, ranging from offensive attacker to even defensive walls. 14 Speed is enough to warrant a Scarfers as it outspeeds the entire unboosted pokemon, including Diglett.

:sm/abra:
Psychic
/
Fighting

Losing Hidden Power does hurt it, as it is no longer able to hit Steel-types hard.

:sm/abra:
The PsySurge abuser is back, and despite the removal of Z-moves and weakened Terrain boost, it is still going to be a force to be reckon with. In addition, its best checks in trapping (Pursuit as a move and Arena Trap on Diglett) are gone, and Abra still possessing the 19 Speed. though losing Hidden Power means, it will struggle a little bit against Pawniard and Ferroseed.

:sm/cubone:
Cubone is back to abuse +Speed boosting abilities, and there's barely any Ground-resist outside of Vullaby. Let's see if Dauntless Shield can handled Cubone.

:sm/staryu:
We got our offensive 19 Speeder Spinner that can increase Speed back.

:sm/chinchou:
Chinchou @ Choice Scarf / Eviolite
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 52 Def / 228 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rising Voltage
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Chinchou gets a new 140 BP STAB boosted by Terrain.

:sm/carvanha:
Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Wicked Blow
- Waterfall
- Psychic Fangs
- Obstruct
Wicked Blow hits harder than Knock Off against Eviolite mons. Even though the latter is better due to its utility to remove items, i don't think it benefits Carvanha on its on its own considering its nature as a late-game cleaner.

:sm/mareanie: :sm/slowpoke:
Mareanie @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 12 Atk / 20 Def / 92 SpA / 180 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Recover
- Flip Turn

Slowpoke @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Def / 116 SpA / 196 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Photon Geyser
- Slack Off
- Flip Turn

We get another Regen Pivot with the new move Flip Turn.
Edit: whoops, forgot to put Slowpoke's moveset

:sm/magearna:
Magearna @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steel Beam
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Shift Gear
Another Steel Meme abuser, although its slower at base compared to other Steel-types like Lucario and Cobalion. Personally, i'd still want to used the same RegenVest I ran last gen, with Doom Desire, Moonblast, Volt Switch, but Nature's Madness is still unclickable.

:sm/blissey:
Blissey (F) @ Sablenite
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Teleport
- Protect
- Seismic Toss / Transform / something something...

Wish is an event move from Gen3, while Teleport comes from RBY/LGPE, which made them incompatible if using both. However, in STABmons, Teleport Blissey can used Wish as it is a Normal-type move. Blissey possessing a monstrous HP let it heal its ally back to near-full with a 300+ HP heal. Sablenite's Magic Bounce also helps it against some Taunt users.

:sm/chansey:
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Follow Me
- Transform
- Recover
- Fake Out / Feint / Super Fang
I'm so glad to have this back.

:sm/marowak:
One of our unholy trinity is back to boned stuff. Let's just wait for Tier Shifts.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)