Tournament OM Snake Draft III - (MR MIMES ARE THE CHAMPIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Welp, we ended the tour undefeated when we weren't getting scummed by a timer loss, but guess that wasn't enough this time. Really fun tour regardless, glad to have drafted by far the best and most fun team and to watch these goons absolutely dominate in some of these tiers. Thanks SectoniaServant for being a good host!!

SHOUTOUTS
  • Clefable Normally wouldn't do a helper's shoutout first, but Mengy was more of a third manager for our team and helped tremendously with the prep, I can't express how great it was to have ya around Meng ㋛ (also ban encore pls)
  • The Number Man ABSOLUTE GOATED PLAYER AND USER sooooo happy i was able to draft you dude, was really worried about not getting you first pick because you were so worth it, and you really proved yourself in this tour :D i know you get bummed about the RNG or extenuating circumstances in some of the games but a 4-0 record is undeniably impressive!!
  • Andyboy andreagirl500 back at it again proving why the om champion deserves respect!! putting you in such an fun meta was really hard and i wish you could've played something better, but you and mengy literally defined the meta by the end of this tour so that's pretty cool lol.. always fun to work with you though
  • Hamhamhamhamham HAMSLAM you killed it this tour dude as expected but like, nice job lol im really proud of you. really sucks how you got scummed out of your undefeated record but what can ya do about bad wifi i guess :shrug: keep on keepin on
  • Cam tier shift was a bit of a mystery this tour, but we did our best and i'm glad to have drafted you bud!! stay healthy!
  • D2TheW i really entrusted my entire 2v2 draft to mubs when i asked him to give me a list of 2v2 players who weren't annoying, and he didn't dissappoint :) was fun having you along for the ride even if stuff didn't quite work out (also grow up lol how are u older than 14 still playing 2v2 xd)
  • Mubs goat i'm really glad that you got a chance to play 2v2 in a big tour instead of hosting them like always and im glad you pulled out a win for us finally! you're really cool i look forward to seeing what more you do to contribute to smogon, oms, and the 2v2 communities in the future!!
  • Axgwd the way i got the best inverse player in the draft super late lol... too ez. you (hopefully, everyone should pay attention) proved that tours plaza people aren't all terrible, just most of them!! jk but you're an actual goat i hope to see you try out more om stuff in the future.
  • Icemaster GOATTTTTTTTTTT was really fun to watch you do your thing in ag in awe because wow you're so good.. what's it like being better than everyone? rng was not kind to you this tour but i hope you still had a good time :)
  • drampa's grandpa stinks. give me your disney+ account so i can watch the phineas and ferb movie nerd
  • Fissure thanks for helping a ton in tier shift your techs are too hot for this world
  • Karl Dude Guy Krytocon Specs zioziotrip thanks to you guys for helping out too and just vibing!! i fuck with it
  • Velvet Blood nerd >:( don't ever get drafted before i can draft you again wtf
  • vivalospride words cannot express how much of a disappointment you are. working with you was easily, easily one of the worst experiences of my life. You are a fraud and an absolute displeasure to be around. You think youre soooo funny with your "lick my peter" and "stfu" but i know youre just a pathetic loser who feeds off of making other people feel like shit. NEVER SPEAK TO ME AGAIN YOU STEAMING SACK OF SHIT. im DONE.
Anyways good luck to the Toxtricities in the finals you guys were the only good competition this year, bummed we didn't quite catch you guys again in the finals it would've been a fun one!

Quick shoutout to In The Hills for drafting me on a chill team was fun trademarked was incredibly wack and truly felt like I wasn't playing Pokemon at any point. It would have been a miserable experience if it wasn't for Clefable repeatedly breaking the meta and building me all of the winning teams I used this tour I don't think I would have won a single game without your support Meng really grateful.

Rest of my team was chill too enjoyed hanging out with y'all and made a few new friends so that's pretty fun. Wasn't gonna sign up for this at first but y'all made me glad I did. Also shoutout to vivalospride for somehow being the worst manager i've ever had in my life I've had some bad ones but you positively take the cake you were useless in every conceivable way and I tagged you after every W I got like 3-4 weeks straight and you couldn't be asked to say "gj andy" it takes effort to be as horrible of a manager as you were
Just to make sure, i'm joking around this is how I relate to viv

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Last edited:

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Had an extremely good tour experience, gonna share some teams + ideas below

jasprose and pileosand shoutout for being cool managers and drafting good ppl
Betathunder thanks for building all of my teams and testing with me, was a fun time.
The rest of the snoms: y'all are super cool people, was glad to be on a very chill team.
GL Volkner thanks for joining our teamchat after week 1 and helping me out a bit. much appreciated
MAMP / willdbeast / pazza Thanks for bringing me into the partywags teamchat, didn't talk too much but was a fun time

Week 1 vs Volk
https://pokepast.es/1682aa606c4a8f9b
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8trademarked-1161701803

Extremely fun offense team that abuses cb swords dance lucario. This mon absolutely destroyed everything in tests. When we were building this team, we literally said in our teamchat that weavile was the only mon that 6-0d, and volk unfortunately brought weavile. Otherwise super fun and close game, came down to last mon vs last mon. I think my main blunder was knocking off turn 1, since it let his weavile in for free and he could knock my corsola and I lost my counterplay vs boosters. Running corvi or skarm > mandi was definitely the right play.

Week 2 vs Terra
can't find the team lol i'll update later if i can still find it, just some basic rain. you're smart enough to rebuild it if you want to
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8trademarked-1164454789

Game was easily winnable and i completely tossed. At preview I think i had a 60 or 70% favored mu but I just played too hastily and threw. To be expected, I'm not perfect.

Week 3 vs Ho3n
https://pokepast.es/d23210f8c9fd6c40
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8trademarked-1168988580

Beta originally built this team as a basic fwg, but right before the game I replaced the volcarona with the psycho shift togekiss. This set is beyond busted and it can just shut down entire mons through a combination of both of its statuses. I played the beginning of this game very very poorly and I kinda got bailed out with a speed tie and ended up winning. This was really a battle of the brokens, corro + taunt to shut down defensive mons is absolutely terrifying and probably the 2nd or 3rd most broken combo behind psycho shift and encore / disable. Overall a really fun game.

Week 4 vs Havens
https://pokepast.es/244ae72fd6e1c132

Game never ended up happening, but I was planning on abusing encore and gravity. I think andy ended up bringing an encore / disable team vs volkner and it proved to be absolutely devastating, so I think this would've worked pretty well. I didn't finish the team I planned on bringing, but it looked something like the pokepaste above.

Week 5 vs Drampa
https://pokepast.es/ce24e37f62809e81
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8trademarked-1177753553

Beta built this urshi / volc balance week 1 but I decided to save it until the end because I gentlemanned most of my opps to no urshi lol. The mon is way less busted than I thought, but it's still extremely threatening. Another super close and fun game, I don't think I would've survived one more trick room cycle. Got kinda lucky with the poltergeist predict on blissey but otherwise I think this was a very clean game.

Some other ideas I was planning to use but never got around to:

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Stealth Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stomping Tantrum
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Tantrum + stealth rock is a really cool combo, I toyed around with it last gen but I never got around to using it this time.

1598884369031.png

don't have this team in my builder anymore, but double psychic terrain seems really busted. Also we were stuck between libero or bulk up cinder, but I think both would have worked pretty well.

Golisopod @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Swords Dance
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Brave Nature
- First Impression
- Liquidation
- Aqua Jet
- Focus Blast

Beta and I pretty much just looked at the AAA viability rankings and picked a couple mons that had shit abilities to replace. Shoutout xavgb for the idea to run focus blast last.

https://pokepast.es/da8c747bce8bfddd

I gentlemanned sub in most of my games until it was banned, but if someone didn't agree to the sub gentleman I would've brought this lol. Eterrain seems super good in this format, and sub scarf dracozolt absolutely shreds.

I think that's all I have to share for now. Trademarked is a super great for-fun format. I think it's very very difficult to balance, but I think with enough effort it could become one of the better "competitive" oms. Can't believe this is my 500th post on the forums. Shoutout to all of the cool people I've met from the beginning, you know who you are.
:bw/regirock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)