Resource OM Teambuilding Shop

Sorry for the double post but it's been a little while and idt tags work in edits(?).

I did say this team wouldn't be amazing and I remained true to my word. The core (especially Golisopod) is kinda bad but I did it assuming you would be happy using it for memes, all I can say is it's good up to 1600 *shrugs*.

Fur Coat chansey is there because it stops all the ates that get past stak with ground coverage and it also checks basically the whole meta: Gengar, -Ates, Xerneas and Pogre depending on sets and sleep turns, some mmy and a lot of other stuff. It also improofs xern should you not want to 1v1 imposter (if you're at low health or it isn't worth the risk) but they will set up spikes on you.

Kyurem-Black is on the team because improofing it is literally the only thing golis is good for. Sadly this means you can't run Bolt Strike so Pogre is a pain to finish off but it is manageable with spike chip and stuff. Kyub is a potent wall breaker and sweeper but requires more support than others due to it's mediocre speed and common weaknesses (aka core enforcer) but it can also be a revenge killer.

Magic Bounce Gira is mainly as a PH Regigigas check and to help keep off stealth rocks for the two rock weak mons since there is no defog and spin is always risky. Good Shedinja switch in since it can force out with Poison Fang unless they're lum and this can also help to scare off imposter switchins.

Slightly unconventional Xerneas set to help with shedinja matchup and can put a lot of pressure on teams with spikes, sadly makes it less of a sweeper and less imposter proof.

Team is a bit weak to imposter since it can come in freely on Stak and, too a lesser extent, Golis to get free health but my attempts at fixing that opened up bigger holes.

Anaconja make of it what you will, not my best team by any means

I'll move onto some of the older reqs for BH, so there is hope for anyone waiting!

Mageic Master

Banned deucer.
Metagame: Mix and Mega
Service: 1
Sprites of Pokemon:
1526108295734.png
1526108357778.png

Zygarde @ Aggronite
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 232 HP / 128 Atk / 148 Def
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Coil
- Substitute/Pain Split/Rest
- Iron Tail

Magearna @ Alakazite
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split

Short Description: I have been toying with the idea of aggronite zygarde for a while now, and after laddering, I can say it's pretty good, gaining that accurate Iron Tail after coil. But I can't make it go on a team well with magearna. I'm not good a teambuilding in general, but I really want an effective team using these cool mons. I got the mage idea from chazm. I have a feeling these mons will go well together in a decent team which is currently evading me.
Playstyle: Balance/Semistall

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Sprites of Pokemon: View attachment 115346View attachment 115347
Zygarde @ Aggronite
EVs: 232 HP / 128 Atk / 148 Def
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Coil
- Substitute/Pain Split/Rest
- Iron Tail

Magearna @ Alakazite
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Pain Split

Short Description: I have been toying with the idea of aggronite zygarde for a while now, and after laddering, I can say it's pretty good, gaining that accurate Iron Tail after coil. But I can't make it go on a team well with magearna. I'm not good a teambuilding in general, but I really want an effective team using these cool mons. I got the mage idea from chazm. I have a feeling these mons will go well together in a decent team which is currently evading me.
Hey so I have seen you have been pretty persistent on me posting the team for you and sorry haven't gotten around to it sooner but here we are.

So we start with two of the best mons in the current meta in Zygarde + Magearna, however the only difference is that some pretty unorthodox sets were requested in Aggronite for the former and Alakazite for the latter. I had never really tried out any of these stones before on either mon so I was pretty excited and intrigued to see how well they would perform, especially in conjunction with each other. Both Coil Zygarde and Pain Split + CM Magearna can both dismantle defensive teams quite well which also gave me great incentive to craft a team with both of them on it.

Next I decided that Toxic Spikes support would work wonders with both Zygarde and Magearna as it can help wear down common checks such as Primal Groudon, Mew, SupportCeus formes, and Raikou for example. The best Tspikes setter in the current meta is definitely Gyaradosite Toxapex which was also added to the team to check some big threats such as Lunala, Tapu Lele, and Mew.

Team was looking pretty slow so far and needed a reliable hazard setter so I decided to go with Terrakion since its a nice offensive threat that does not have many reliable defensive checks. Toxic enables it to pressure common hazard removers such as Arceus-Fairy, Venusaurite Gliscor, and Venusaurite Zapdos. Diancite was chosen to make it outspeed as many threats as possible and also give the team a semi-reliable way of dealing with opposing entry hazards since Terrak can force a good amount of switchins.

Even with Pain Split Magearna and Coil Zygarde, the team still looked pretty weak to certain mons such as Blissey, Entei, and Primal Groudon so I decided to go with Mew. At first it was Aggronite, but I decided to switch to SablePlot as the team already had two Steel-types and the compounding Ground + Fire weakness would have been too much. Nasty Plot Mew can help break more walls for Zygarde + Magearna and in general is a good late game cleaner.

The team was still really weak to Primal Groudon and Entei at this point and a entry hazard remover would also fit nice for the team. Gliscor took on that role perfectly as it can also act as a Magearna check and a Raikou switchin (although still takes a ton from Weather Ball). I like using Toxic to wear down other walls but U-Turn can be used as well to provide the team some momentum.

Here are some replays demonstrating how team was used during my time laddering with it:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-746732243
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-747049766

Some big threats to the team include Primal Groudon, Red Orb Raikou, Ultra Necrozma, Lucarionite Zygarde, and certain Magearna sets like Pinsirite and OTR Cameruptite. Besides that the team works pretty solidely.

Thanks to Chazm for helping me finalize the team

Just an update since there's still a ton to do:

Metagame: Balanced Hackmons

Sets:
Zygarde-Complete @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Final Gambit
- Thousand Arrows
- Memento
- U-turn

Rayquaza-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 0 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Moongeist Beam
- Spore
- Tail Glow

Short Description:
Sort of a gimmick, but I believe that Zygod can surprise a wall to M-Ray, and proceed to use the real M-Ray to win. The main issue is that if the opponent has 2 walls, you're screwed. However, I think that it is possible for team support to beat other walls / Edit the M-Ray set to beat other walls. If the builder thinks of a better idea for a sweeper, feel free to use it, but the main idea of the team is to have illusion Zygod help a sweeper win.

Playstyle:
Balance, Offense, or Hyper Offence
I've started testing some stuff for this but it's quite hard to build around successfully so don't hold you're breath (but its been months anyway so w/e). I can pm you what I have so far if you want but stuff like the open and irl happened half way so sorry about that.
  • Metagame: Balanced Hackmons
  • Service: 2
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Sets:
  • Regigigas @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Adamant Nature
    - Facade
    - Shift Gear
    - Spore
    - Knock Off

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Ability: Unaware
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Spe
    - Spectral Thief
    - Anchor Shot
    - Core Enforcer
    - Milk Drink

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Psychic Surge
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Psycho Boost
    - Psystrike
    - Ice Beam
    - Moongeist Beam

Kyogre @ Toxic Orb
    Bold Nature
    - Scald
    - Moonblast
    - Quiver Dance
    - Spore

Audino-Mega @ Safety Goggles
    Ability: Unaware
    Sassy Nature
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Spectral Thief
    - Shore Up
    - U-turn

Zygarde-Complete @ Safety Goggles
    Ability: Fur Coat
    Relaxed Nature
    - Roost
    - Core Enforcer
    - Rapid Spin
    - U-turn
  • Short Description: I've had this team for a pretty long time, and it works great until I approach 1500s and up, and then it just chokes. I think the main problem is that I'm weak to Psychic Surge Mewtwo-Mega-Y and set-up sweepers that carry Fire and Steel type coverage. I was thinking of making Kyogre-Primal a RegenVest set but I'm not sure.

Regigigas is just the normal set, nothing much added.
    Ferrothorn is a nice meme and also traps and eliminates opposing Poison Heal mons that don't have pivot moves and aren't Fairy type.
    Mewtwo-Mega-Y is a powerful nuke that OHKOs Audino-Mega and Zygarde-Complete that doesn't have Assault Vest.
    Kyogre-Primal is a bulky set-up sweeper with coverage to check Rayquaza-Mega, Zygarde-Complete, Gyarados-Mega, and Mewtwo-Mega-X.
    Audino-Mega is a nice wall that steals boosts and spreads burns.
    Zygarde-Complete is also a nice wall that removes hazards and checks PH Regigigas.

• Playstyle: Balance
I seem to remember asking you on discord and you saying you're not worried about this team being done any more so I wont do this unless there's nothing else left waiting at some point in the future (unlikely).

meta: balanced hackmons
service: 1
sprites of mon(s):

description: bh has not been treating me well recently so try this cool mon. besides its amazing aesthetic (it has 10 possible forms with shiny/drives) it hard checks mmy, mmx, and mega diancie in that as long as they don't use a fire move/shell smash on the switch then you can force them out/get chip and recover your hp thanks to regen. it's also a really nice mon to bring in on slow u turns because nothing offensive likes to take u turn chip
set:
Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Trick
- Sunsteel Strike / filler
- Sacred Fire / V-create / filler

playstyle: bulky offense
I thought about this set and I feel like after the Psysurge ban it isn't going to be as effective as it would have been due to it taking advantage of the many mmx and psysurge mmy, but I'll talk to you about it on discord if you think it still has merit and maybe we can make a team.

Mageic Master

Banned deucer.
Sprites of Pokemon:
1526752025493.png
1526752044634.png

The sets:
Salamence @ Pinsirite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Milotic @ Sablenite
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Coil
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Brief description: Yeah sorry about the double demand, but I really like the idea of these sets. Milotic is pretty amazing defensively and salamence defensively. However, like before, I have no clue how to use them on a team. They're probably terrible, but can the MnM raters see what they can do?
Playstyle: Balance

Sprites of Pokemon: View attachment 116645View attachment 116646
The sets:
Salamence @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Milotic @ Sablenite
Bold Nature
- Coil
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Brief description: Yeah sorry about the double demand, but I really like the idea of these sets. Milotic is pretty amazing defensively and salamence defensively. However, like before, I have no clue how to use them on a team. They're probably terrible, but can the MnM raters see what they can do?
Unfortunately, milotic is not very viable in Mix and Mega, and that salamence set is quite suboptimal. We could make you a salamence + bulky water balance if you still want, but it wouldn't use either of those sets.

Sprites of Pokemon: View attachment 116645View attachment 116646
The sets:
Salamence @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Milotic @ Sablenite
Bold Nature
- Coil
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Darkrai @ Diancite
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Magearna @ Cameruptite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Calm Mind
- Trick Room
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Toxic

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Buzzwole @ Aggronite
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Lunge
- Bulk Up

Victini @ Red Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 24 SpA / 72 Spe
Lonely Nature
- V-create
- Blue Flare
- Bolt Strike
- Taunt

I made this team originally to abuse Darkrai and Magearna's synergy - particularly the fact that Darkrai uses -atespeed as setup and is usually imposter-proofed by Magearna. However, the core came into action when I realized that my team wasn't particularly turning out too well as the checks that it forced in often wore down my Magearna check quickly. This problem still lasts here, but it is honestly less of a problem than it could have been.

I may post an explanation here later, however I'm just here to hand your team over.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Metagame: Balanced Hackmons
Sprites:

The sets:
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Choice Band
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Photon Geyser
- V-create
- Ice Hammer

Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Naive Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Photon Geyser
- V-create
- Ice Beam

Brief description: I heard about Illusion Mega Garchomp disguising as a special Mega Rayquaza before and thought it was a cool idea, so I made this pair here. Both have Photon Geyser and V-Create so it's pretty hard to distinguish the Illusion from the MMY. There's an obvious Ghost weakness that I've had trouble with, though.

Mageic Master

Banned deucer.
Metagame: 1v1
Sprite of Pokemon:
1527397474025.png

Set:
Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Focus Blast
- Extrasensory
- Hyper Beam

Brief Description: I haven't tried it but scarf eruption on Typhlosion must be pretty powerful, allowing it to work as a check to most of the steel mons in the current meta. For the moves, I wasn't exactly sure what to pick, so I just went for random special moves. The person building my team will probably figure the right moves out.

Metagame: Anything Goes

Sprite:

Necrozma-Ultra @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Neuroforce
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Photon Geyser
-filler
-filler

Brief Description: CM Ultra Necrozma's been making rounds lately in the current meta. It can set up on passive Pokemon like select Supportceus sets and proceed to smash after. As such, I want to see the builders' take on this 'mon as it's pretty flexible. It can be either Dusk Mane or Dawn Wings, and can run a lot of coverage moves like Power Gem and Heat Wave.

Playstyle: any kind of Offense

Mageic Master

New #112
Sprite of Pokemon:

Set:
Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Focus Blast
- Extrasensory
- Hyper Beam

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 40 Def / 32 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Substitute
First off, you're scarfed, run modest
Typhlosion, very unused in 1v1, loses to just about any sturdy pokemon. An easy way to remedy this weakness is Gyarados-Mega, which also happens to beat some special walls Typhlosion loses to. Next, you kind of lose to a strong pokemon that can tank hits, or faster things. and the rare air balloon magnezone. Some notable mons that come to mind are snorlax and whimsicott. Something that immediately comes to mind is Charizard-Mega-X.

weaknesses: bulky band attackers, strong scarfers, twave mimikyu hax is everything i can think of so far

Mageic Master

Banned deucer.
Mageic Master

New #112
Sprite of Pokemon:

Set:
Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Focus Blast
- Extrasensory
- Hyper Beam

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 40 Def / 32 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Substitute
First off, you're scarfed, run modest
Typhlosion, very unused in 1v1, loses to just about any sturdy pokemon. An easy way to remedy this weakness is Gyarados-Mega, which also happens to beat some special walls Typhlosion loses to. Next, you kind of lose to a strong pokemon that can tank hits, or faster things. and the rare air balloon magnezone. Some notable mons that come to mind are snorlax and whimsicott. Something that immediately comes to mind is Charizard-Mega-X.

weaknesses: bulky band attackers, strong scarfers, twave mimikyu hax is everything i can think of so far
Thanks adfjo, helped a lot: really good team.

Metagame: AAA
Service: 1 (idk what this actually means but whatever)
Sprite:
1529259311292.png

Set:
Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 100 HP / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast / Dragon Pulse

Description: This sets probably WAY outdated, but I don't know because I'm new to AAA. I don't know what to do with it but it looks pretty cool. I have a replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7almostanyability-532184423. Do something with this guy (or genderless legendary if you prefer).
Playstyle: Bulky Offense.

• Metagame: Anything Goes
  • Service: 1

Mew @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpD / 104 Spe
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Amnesia
- Soft-Boiled
- Taunt
  • Short Description:
    Colbur Berry Mew's (or really BP Mew in general) always a mon that I've wanted to see in action; I think it might have a lot of unexplored potential. When I entered it into CCAT, it unfortunately wasn't voted. I hope to see it come to use here. Feel free to modify the set to make it more viable. Given EV's here max out Special Defense while still allowing it to outspeed Mega Gengar at +1, along with Ultra Necrozma, Marshadow, and Arceus.

Note: The set has not been tested, so it might be garbage.
  • Playstyle:
    Baton Pass

Last edited:
Metagame: AAA
[*]Sets:

Heatran
Quiet Nature
-Eruption

[*]Short Description:
love this combo, and even though it's a relic of the past, this thing is so strong oml (can ohko zyg after spikes), there are plenty of ways to support this like sun + chlorotran core, trick room, or even some tailwind memes, and am interested in what people can come up with :D

Sets:
Gliscor @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock / Defog
- U-turn / Defog
- Roost
Short Description: I always thought Venusaurite Gliscor was cool as a check to PDon and Altarianite Entei. I'm not sure if the set is optimal, and if you want to have a different SR setter than Defog is probably preferable.

Thanks in advance!

Please welcome morogrim to the Balanced Hackmons mechanics team. I'm also looking to revamp the teams in general, as inactivity seems to be a fairly large concern. Please PM me on discord or smogon if you want to join.

Most previous unfinished requests have been left undone for a long time, so I've cleaned the request list, if you wish to request the same thing, feel free to resubmit it;hopefully this way we'll be able to deal witht he far more managable number of teams people still wants, rather than the entire backlog.

Sets:
Gliscor @ Venusaurite
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock / Defog
- U-turn / Defog
- Roost
Short Description: I always thought Venusaurite Gliscor was cool as a check to PDon and Altarianite Entei. I'm not sure if the set is optimal, and if you want to have a different SR setter than Defog is probably preferable.

Thanks in advance!
Gliscor @ Venusaurite
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Defog

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Toxic

Arceus @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- SDefog

Terrakion @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

Entei @ Altarianite
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic
- Stone Edge

Darkrai @ Diancite
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast

This is a fairly Standard Ho-Oh + Gliscor + fairyceus defensive core, but I took the odd step of adding defog on Arceusand Gliscor, to allow the team to better handle common Stealth Rock users such as Groudon. The Fairyceus also has some speed, so it can deal more effectively with Zygarde sets.

From there, I needed an offensive pokemon to help with opposing balances, so I turned to Terrakion. Terrakion is one of the best breakers in the tier, and really appreciates the slow U-turn from Gliscor to come in safely. We don't have stealth rock elsewhere, so we run it over taunt here. The lack of ability to beat supportceus and Buzzwole is annoying but we do have Ho-Oh to salvage it.

I then added Entei to deal with the likes of Darkrai, boosted Zygarde, and to help with our Buzzwole issue. Toxic allows Entei to heavily annoy would-be answers such as support Arceus, and it can burn almost any steels that try and take it. Stone Edge handles opposing Ho-Oh. which is needed because otherwise our only method of dealing with it is to use Terrakion; not the best solution, by any means.

Finally, I added Diancite Darkrai. It can deal with many of the boosters and special attackers that Entei cannot, such as Diancite Tapu Lele. It's also a nice source of magic bounce, and as the sole specially offensive Pokemon it can deal with troublesome physical walls. Its low defense, meanwhile, means that it gets great mileage out of the defensive core - particularly gliscor,s icne that can bring it in with a slow uturn.

Last edited:

Sets:
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Insomnia
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind / Aura Sphere / Focus Blast
- Psystrike
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
Short Description: Mega Rayquaza is everywhere in the AG meta (duh) and I wanted to try something new. Mega Mewtwo Y seems like a nice check to many threats in the metagame such as Mega Gengar, Zygod, and Mega Rayquaza due to its monstrous Special Attack and really good speed tier, so I wanted to build around this nice mon for a change.
252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 556-656 (132.3 - 156.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde-Complete: 556-656 (87.4 - 103.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery, except Zygod will be at ~60% when it transforms
252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rayquaza-Mega in Strong Winds: 266-314 (75.7 - 89.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mewtwo-Mega-Y Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Necrozma-Ultra: 272-322 (81.1 - 96.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Unfortunately, Mega Mewtwo Y loses against bulkier threats like Specially Defensive Dusk Mane and Primal Groudon, as well as Scarf YGod and the ocassional Marsh, so a decent partner could be Groundceus or Fairyceus. The set and EVs can maybe be optimized too.
Playstyle: Hyper Offense

Thanks! If you can't find the time to build a team out of this I'll be fine, but I'd appreciate it a lot if you could.

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just gonna post a team here to spark some conversation, REQUEST TEAMS PEOPLE
FB9B1743-7DC7-4A94-97B3-7C658CB30C33.png
5E82FD12-50C7-4B7F-B7C9-41A74F42DB49.png
1B32E5B2-4109-4C59-AAD8-247604AA7AF5.png
E34B9F2B-3BCB-4BE8-BDF6-B9C3EB3720AB.png
7005EDB6-5CB4-483D-9DDF-BB9E316E6FFC.png
B1E01CAB-0F54-4E25-8A13-06C8613414CD.png

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Glare
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
Buzzwole @ Sablenite
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Ice Punch
- Superpower
Darkrai @ Red Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Incinerate
Landorus-Therian @ Altarianite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Frustration
- Earthquake
Skarmory @ Venusaurite
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

this is a more bulky team than im used to building in this meta, but the idea was based around SubGlare Zygarde-C to abuse paras to setup and support Landorus-T and Darkrai, giving them more opportunity to sweep. Sablenite Buzzwole is used to improve my Darkai, Terrakion, and Zygarde matchup, while Skarmory is used to help with threats such as Pinsirite Magearna, Altarianite Zygarde, and opposing Landorus-T. Ho-Oh improves the matchup vs Buzzwole and Magearna. Darkrai and Landorus-T are honestly the two most threatening Pokémon in the meta right now. I chose Red Orb on Darkai as it can bust through normal checks like Sablenite Buzzwole and Magearna, and isn't as easily revenged by -atespeed. Landorus-T with Altarianite has a great typing that gives me a backup check to Darkrai and Terrakion while being able to set rocks and pressure most Defoggers in the tier. Landorus EVs are so that you outpace max speed Adamant Necrozma-Dusk-Mane. Overall this team is bulky enough to handle most offensive threats in the meta while having enough power to break through bulkier teams. If the opponent has Kyogre-Primal make sure to keep Darkrai healthy as that's pretty much the only check to Calm Mind sets

Last edited:

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
dead thread is dead, my motivation to build for mnm is dead, might as well as combine the two and see if results happen.

Azelf @ Red Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy
- Defog
Short Description: I would like to have a pokemon that could, at the very least, deal with Terrakion offensively. Scarf Xerneas seems like it did the job. I then paired it with something that would appreciate the absence of Terrakion, and Red Orb Azelf came to mind when I thought of pokemon that might try threatening Xerneas.
Sets might not be optimal, so play around with the moves, nature or evs spread. The items here are mandatory. If there really is no way to make these sets work, contact me, and explain why so I can allow flexibility.
Playstyle: The sets looks like it’ll lend themselves well to Offense, but I will accept Balance or even Hyper Offense. Have fun working with these sets.

Yeah, so I’m gonna dump a set which I’d really like to use
26A6997A-93EB-4B18-ADC5-5FBAB0221713.gif

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: whatever the heck normal zygod runs
Impish(?) Nature
- Coil / Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Glare / Substitute / I wanna put both but idk where to put them. Maybe put this set with a lot of wish support and replace Rest.
- Thousand Arrows

Short description: yeah, so ever since Zenithial nommed this to S, I’ve really wanted to use it. It looks really effective and fun. It did say short. Please build effectively and preferably without Mray (unless mixed set because that set is cool).

• Metagame: Mix & Mega
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:

• Set:
Metagross @ Pinsirite
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock / Bullet Punch

• Short Description: My first request from a year ago never got finished (:sadface:), so let's try something else I guess. I'm very new to M&M and how building is different to regular metas. I saw this Metagross set in an article and it seems like a good starting point. Strong steel is strong.
  • Playstyle: up to the builder's discretion

Service: 2

Zeraora @ Manectite
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Squirmy (Zygarde) @ Altarianite
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Safe Space (Toxapex) @ Latiasite
EVs: 236 HP / 4 Def / 12 SpA / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Con-du-it (Tapu Koko) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Volt Switch

Scomo (Terrakion) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 228 HP / 4 Atk / 132 Def / 132 SpD / 12 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Frustration
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Short Description: I had this forum help me in the past and they did a great job, but now, about a year later, the team just doesn't really hold up anymore. I replaced one of the 'mons with Zeraora because he could hold an item and do a similar job, but I axed Magearna because I just didnt really like playing with her. In the end, what I am asking for is help cleaning up the items/moves/stats of the mons I do have, and just another 'mon to fill in the gaps.

Playstyle: I like playing Offense with the ability to not die from Stall or Hazards or Status-spreaders. I want to attack my opponents without having to worry knowing that I can deal with all the jank they will possibly throw.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
  • Metagame: Balanced Hackmons
  • Sprite of Pokemon:
  • Set:
  • Diancie-Mega (F) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Lonely Nature
    - Head Smash
    - Light of Ruin
    - Mind Blown
    - Spectral Thief
  • Description: so I’ve been a sucker for BH sets, and this my favorite now Contrary Mega Ray Ray is gone. I would just love to use it in Showdown and see the look on opponent’s faces when Dian sweeps.
  • Playstyle: Anything. But preferably not Stall (but that’s impossible with Dian).

• Metagame: STABmons
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Sets:
    Rotom-Heat @ Flame Plate
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpA / 12 SpD / 44 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Blue Flare
    - Freeze-Dry
    - Roost
  • Description: I'm a fan of playing STABmons for a very long time and sometimes I want to experiment a random sets on some viable pokemon (not sure if some of the sets are a thing now). Today, I want to try to build a team around/with Bulky Offensive Rotom-Heat, with HP and SpA have huge investment, plus additional 12 SpD to avoid a OHKO from +2 Life Orb Thundurus-Therian's Thunderbolt after Stealth Rock and 44 Spe to outspeed uninvested defensive Landorus-Therian, but I'm starting to have a hard time building than before... could be that I'm still using my same old team over and over again. So I need some advice on teambuilding process on STABmons.
  • Playstyle: Balance / Bulky Offense ( I often like and build a team with both offensive mon (sometimes, a sweeper) and a defensive switch-in mon on the same team. )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)