Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget the Tower was "never there" already. It might as well be that the Mirage Tower we see in Emerald is the one already covered in sand (and obviously Hoopa's).

Besides,

My bullshit-o-meter says that minuscule, pixelated thing is the MegaEvo symbol, guys.
Lol why is the kyogre just chilling in mid-air? And where did that screenshot even come from? I haven't seen it around yet...

I definitely like the idea of mega sceptile being grass/dragon and having lightning rod as an ability. I see good things about the mega evolution, and bad things.
Pros:
  • grass/dragon is a decent offensive typing
  • lightning rod as an ability will help prevent paralysis, so sceptile can sweep without worrying about speed as much.
  • dragon neutralizes weakness to fire
Cons:
  • glaring weakness to ice moves, ice shard is a problem
  • dragon typing adds a weakness to fairy and dragon moves.
Mega swampert's ability swift swim, I'm predicting, won't see much use due to the weather nerf. Judging by its appearance, I'm guessing that its attack stat will be heavily increased.
And M-swampert's speed will be lowered,though

The surprise Diancie revelation makes me 100% more hopeful for more megas from the "forgotten" generation, 5 as it has some extremely good candidates.
How would compatibility with X and Y go with new megas. Release a patch possibly?
This is my take on it, things are much more sophisticated now than the D/P/Pt era with everything and it's dog being online capable.

sorry if this is off topic but could someone explain to me what the trumpets are(haven't played rse with volume on for 10 years).
Most of the tracks in the game featured a prominent brass sound, and the trumpet effects used are very popular and kind of 'define' the soundtrack, setting it apart from those of other Pokemon games.

It seems Rotom-W just got BLOWN THE FUCK OUT by MegaSceptile.

But, hm, Serebii's wording is confusing to me. Are those new legendaries' "ancient devolutions" a new mechanic, a new evolutionary stage, or is that just a fancy name for their MegaEvos?
It seems just a fancy name for their M-evo

Mega swampert is: Bulky, Powerful on both sides of the attacking spectrum, great offensive/defensive typing, immune to thunder wave, and is freaking fast under rain.

Its gonna wreck a lot of lives :).

Picture a military tank with a big sized jet pack on its back, that's basically what mega-swampert is.

Does "Ancient Devolution" not scream to anyone else that the same idea could be used for Genesect eventually, given his creation story and whatnot?

Galladium

Banned deucer.
It seems just a fancy name for their M-evo
I think you're right, as before Mega Evolutions where first announced, Mega Mewtwo Y was called Mewtwo's 'Awakened' form. On the other hand, that could just be a reference to the fact that it has Insomnia...

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I'm surprised there isn't more mention of the Mega Latis or Soul Dew in here, I mean this seriously obvious.

Mega Latis received no recognition from Nintendo other than for the 3DS Action Replay codes of them to be token down. Mega Latis may be huge in ORAS. Maybe the Lati@s you catch in the post game are holding the Latias/osite, or I think since steven stone is one person big into mega stones, he could give you a mega stone for them in the post game if you bring him your latias/latios. There are all just random theories, oh also I seriously hope soul dew is released, then less people can bitch about it. Also I would love for soul dew to come back into ubers ^_^

Does "Ancient Devolution" not scream to anyone else that the same idea could be used for Genesect eventually, given his creation story and whatnot?
and i'll lol if it ends up being just a Kabutops

wait, I HOPE MEGA CHARIZARD X'S FIRE TYPE ATTACKS ARE BLUE!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mega Sceptile is obviously a christmas tree. Absorbs electricity to make the balls light up.

It's a shame you can't Mega Evolve on the switch in, that'll hurt Lightningrod's usability somewhat. People keep saying that it can now boost its SpA, but it needs to switch in at least twice to do so...

TBH, I am really hoping that Mega Swampert gets most of its new 100 bst dumped into HP, and of course a little into speed so he can make use of that new ability.
Megas don't gain HP; no Pokemon ever changes its HP stat mid-battle probably due to how weird percent recalculation would be, probably also the reason Transform and Imposter don't change your HP stat.

Predicting Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile's stats: You heard it here first folks!
Mega Swampert: 100/150/120/85/100/70
Mega Sceptile: 70/115/65/145/85/150
Diancie is harder though. Maybe 50/120/180/120/180/50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)