OMotM Nominations Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

July 2021 - Nomination Stage
Rules:
- Nominate a metagame by including its full name in your post.
- You may nominate up to five metagames.
- You may nominate the same metagame as someone else.
- The ten metagames with the most nominations will enter the voting stage.
- Do not nominate metagames from the blacklist (below), or those without a thread in the Gen 8 forum.
- You may only post once. If you post more than once, none of your votes will be counted.
- Do not try to influence other voters and do not bash any metagame.
- You are not allowed to make any posts except to nominate.
- You must have at least five forum posts before your post.
- Your account must be at least one week old by the time of your post.
- If another user breaks these rules, let us take care of it.

If any of the above rules are broken, your post will be deleted. Continued rule breaking will result in an infraction.

A list of all eligible metagames can be found in the index.

Blacklisted OMs:
Ladder already exists:
- 1v1
- 2v2 Doubles
- Almost Any Ability
- Anything Goes
- Balanced Hackmons
- Camomons
- Free-For-All
- Mix and Mega
- NFE
- STABmons
- ZU

Cooldown period:
- Bonus Type (Ineligible until November)
- Chimera 1v1 (Ineligible until November)
- Sketchmons (Ineligible until October)
- Inverse (Ineligible until October)
- Pokebilities (Ineligible until September)
- Godly Gift (Ineligible until September)
- The Loser's Game (Ineligible until August)

Other:
- Ubers/UU/LC/National Dex Versions of Existing Metagames
- Pet Mods
- Previous generation OMs
- Fusions of two or more OMs
Sample Post:
Sectonia said:
350 Cup, Cross Evolution, Inheritance, Inverse
Nominations will close on the 25th.

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello, since it's been around two years since the last nomination stage post went up, I thought it'd be a good idea to post a refresher on what to do and what not to do plus what you're allowed to do when posting nominations.

You may nominate the same metagames as others - Let's start with an easy example. If I were to decide that I wanted to nominate 350 Cup and Cross Evolution, and then in the hills decides he wants to nominate Cross Evolution and Inverse, both posts would be accepted. This is because we will be counting how many nominations each OM gets, and the top 10 OMs with the most nominations will be voted on for OMotM and LCotM.

Do not nominate ineligible Other Metagames - Let's say that Flipped is on cooldown - if I wanted to nominate Flipped and Linked, my post would not be accepted. This is because Flipped is ineligible to be picked for OMotM or LCotM, so as a result, my post would be deleted. Likewise, I would not be permitted to nominate National Dex Balanced Hackmons, since we do not permit Ubers/UU/LC/National Dex versions of existing OMs.

POST YOUR NOMINATIONS ONCE! - If we see multiple nomination posts by the same person, we will NOT count any of them, so keep them in one post!

DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD FOR ANY OTHER REASONS THAN TO POST NOMINATIONS! - If your post is found to break this rule, it will be deleted. Repeated offenses can lead to infractions.

DO NOT BASH OR PROMOTE OTHER METAGAMES - This is a common-sense rule, but if your post has anything that would be seen as encouraging people to nominate a metagame for voting, or telling people that an OM is awful and should not be nominated, your post will be deleted. Repeated offenses will cause infractions and possibly disqualification of the OM you promoted if you were punished for promotion of an OM. Tread carefully!

Other than the important rules I mentioned above, every rule we mentioned in the OP is the same as the voting thread one, so we will count nominations based on that. It bears repeating the OP, but if your post breaks any of our rules, we will delete it. Repeated offenses will lead to an infraction.

Happy nominations! Good luck to the people that want their OM to make it to voting stage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)