OMPL IX - Commince meat (Fin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Art by AmirAlexander
Use this for if you want to bring up drafts, power rankings, predictions, fun OMPL activities, or any other sort of civil discussion related to OMPL and our competitive players. No personal attacks or random one-liners that have nothing to do with the tournament. Your posts don't have to be entirely serious but don't take it too far. This thread will be moderated and posts derailing it will be deleted. Have fun.

DISCLAIMERS:
- moderation team and ompl hosts reserve the right to delete posts and/or infract for any reason
- we reserve the right to tell you to cry more if you don't like what we do

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
SS Balanced Hackmons should not be a format. There are so many better options that at least make sense. 1v1, AG or Sketchmons would literally make more sense. How did this get past the planning stage? Did no one oppose this?

You're alienating existing OM communities that exist in order to have 1 BH slot, when competent BH players are even stating there aren't enough players to fill zero slots. I'd really appreciate clarification here and possibly reconsideration, because you've essentially dug this tournament's grave before it's even begun.

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
SS Balanced Hackmons should not be a format. There are so many better options that at least make sense. 1v1, AG or Sketchmons would literally make more sense. How did this get past the planning stage? Did no one oppose this?

You're alienating existing OM communities that exist in order to have 1 BH slot, when competent BH players are even stating there aren't enough players to fill zero slots. I'd really appreciate clarification here and possibly reconsideration, because you've essentially dug this tournament's grave before it's even begun.
I'm glad you brought this up. We've actually set up a poll about this linked here!

From past OMPL threads, and evident in this one, it is apparent that there are two clashing parties, one which wants BH8 to be played, and one which wants BH7 as the bh meta to be played during this league. And I, the ultimate resolver and negotiator have a solution. This solution is a truly glorious and magnificent one. It puts, a pokemon of truly great beauty and prowess at the pedestal of all that is pokemon. The purple frog shall rain supreme once again! I propose we combine these two metas, BH8 and BH7 into one magnificent meta! I propose we make National Dex Balanced Hackmons the balanced hackmons meta to be played during OMPL. This shall appease both parties, and make playable the best meta to have ever occurred in balanced hackmons history. Just a simple peak at the most recent post in the thread truly bring to light how magnificent of a meta it was. The competitive scene was brewing and the player depth is rich, with many players itching to prove themselves against the very best. Such a choice, to bring NDBH into OMPL would usher in a new generation for OM where the competitive scene grows in the presence of such a dynamic and amazing metagame. Crowds from all across pokemon showdown would gather to watch the very best duke it out. Purple Frog would view the matches from above, and urge the competitors to play at the peak of their abilities. We must shun the previous 1984 propaganda and policies which have plagued the ndbh and bring it back to the glory days. Purple frog is watching closely Smogon mods... Act accordingly.

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
From past OMPL threads, and evident in this one, it is apparent that there are two clashing parties, one which wants BH8 to be played, and one which wants BH7 as the bh meta to be played during this league. And I, the ultimate resolver and negotiator have a solution. This solution is a truly glorious and magnificent one. It puts, a pokemon of truly great beauty and prowess at the pedestal of all that is pokemon. The purple frog shall rain supreme once again! I propose we combine these two metas, BH8 and BH7 into one magnificent meta! I propose we make National Dex Balanced Hackmons the balanced hackmons meta to be played during OMPL. This shall appease both parties, and make playable the best meta to have ever occurred in balanced hackmons history. Just a simple peak at the most recent post in the thread truly bring to light how magnificent of a meta it was. The competitive scene was brewing and the player depth is rich, with many players itching to prove themselves against the very best. Such a choice, to bring NDBH into OMPL would usher in a new generation for OM where the competitive scene grows in the presence of such a dynamic and amazing metagame. Crowds from all across pokemon showdown would gather to watch the very best duke it out. Purple Frog would view the matches from above, and urge the competitors to play at the peak of their abilities. We must shun the previous 1984 propaganda and policies which have plagued the ndbh and bring it back to the glory days. Purple frog is watching closely Smogon mods... Act accordingly.
no

dhelmise

everything is embarrassing
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
not happening edgelord

MAMP

MAMP!
yeah well i think we should play lgpe bh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)