OMPL IX - Commince meat (Fin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
hey no meme today but 1 issue i had with the past couple ompls is it seemed like most games just happened in isolation. people didn’t really interact a ton outside of their teams and the spectating experience wasn’t much beyond “i hope our guy wins” or worse “I have literally no stake in this game and don’t know this meta”.

fortunately this has changed drastically this time around with the commentary channel. calls are great in general and it’s been super nice having people to hype up the game. there’s also been much more room for expression; today when i commentated with stresh i had a lot of fun talking about the way different players approach the meta with him. this sort of competitive community fostering is a really good use of ompl. felt like i really got to know the players more this time around.

shoutouts tcot, think, everyone who’s come to talk, and every goon in the audience. really hope to do this again for world cup and other tours!

see you all in playoffs. go boomers

Gman

Stay kind, stay compassionate
Hi everyone :) Lil' shout-out post with a gift at the end.
First of all, this was an incredibly close OMPL! I’ve never seen 5 teams compete for 3 slots until the very end. Congratulations to the teams that made it through, we gave it our all, but we’ve been bested!
Now for shout-outs:

Dragonillis Quand j’ai vu ton post d’inscription, j’ai tout de suite voulu co-cap avec toi, et je pense qu’on s’en est très bien sorti. Je pense qu’on a été suffisamment complémentaires, et que t’as fait un super taff en t’occupant de choses dont je n’aurais pas pu, notamment en aidant la prep sur énormément de metas et en proposant des tests. T’as également su t’investir plus quand j’ai dû prendre un peu de distance. Je suis très content qu’on t’ait accordé la chance de cap, car tu le mérites bien et t’as démontré que t’étais très compétent et apte à un rôle de cette carrure.

qways You were simply amazing, qways. When I included your name in our draftplan, in my mind I was merely adding one of the few viable players to the pool, yet still unproven, whom I’d need to support a lot. I was probably more skeptical of you than other managers before the auction. Now, you’re my favorite Mix and Mega player ever. Your grasp of the metagame is astounding, you build extremely solid teams that account even for the slightest of metagame tendencies, always and tirelessly striving to do better. To face a player of your caliber in our numerous tests together was an immense pleasure. I really enjoyed your constant enthusiasm as well as your ability to come up with new, diverse teams that always performed so well. Your personality was so great throughout the whole tournament. I particularly remember you remaining calm and not blaming me for our Smogtours accident, shrugging it off, and building another superb team like it was nothing. I hope my wanky builds didn’t do more harm than good to your quality as a builder and player. I’m sorry about not being there a lot mid-tour, and foremost about not letting you sit week 7 out, but we still needed our best LU for the “unlikely” outcome that happened in the end (ruining your win streak in the process). You still came incredibly close, though. All I can say in the end is, you told me “I hope we win a lot of games”, and I’m so proud of you for succeeding! I hope you’ll continue to brighten the future of Mix and Mega with your presence and activity :heart:

Atha Le goat, t’es vraiment un joueur excellent, je pense que tu dois rentrer dans le pantheon des grands joueurs de AAA. En plus, t’es très intelligent et sympa, je suis très content de t’avoir rencontré ! Je suis navré que nous n’aurons pas la victoire espérée, et que tout se soit écroulé si rapidement après ton depart. Merci en tout cas pour tes intuitions en building et ton jeu impeccable. Au plaisir de te revoir et de te voir encore longtemps jouer ce metagame :heart:

Meta Sweet Meta :heart: Siamato is a close friend of both of your managers, but in every draftplan where we didn’t opt for him, we wanted you: an extremely talented player who grasps the metagame well and was able to progress independently. You really did all that, quickly reacquiring confidence and knowledge of Camomons, and your positive record is a testament to your prowess as a player. Plus, you’ve always been a very nice presence.

ojr I’m sorry this tour was so disappointing, with so many losses due only to hax or match-up. Idk what we could have done differently, and I’m sorry I personally couldn’t help at all. You’re an awesome player and a very cool person! Your discord line-count alone speaks volumes of your commitment to the team, which was why I absolutely wanted you in it. I just wish your record reflected your true qualities. Don’t be discouraged, for real, you were worth every penny and then some!

Jett I’m sorry about the whole ordeal of thoughtlessly slotting you as support. The weeks in which you played proved that you’re of course more than that, and I really should have adapted my draft plan after stealing you for just 8k. I really appreciated you maintaining a positive attitude and spreading positivity with your incredibly kind and loving messages, constantly reassuring and motivating others. You’re an amazing person, and I’m extremely glad you were on my team. Thank you for helping with the NFE prep, you and Jr were by far the most active members of our discord, and it’s a shame that the collective record doesn’t reflect your efforts and your quality as builders and players!

Onyx Onix 7 Thank you for bringing home an important win early on. I know the rest of the tournament didn’t go as we’d planned, but it was in spite of your constant work and input. You never gave up, always prepped with care, and tried your best every week. You were often cursed with bad matchups, but I’m sure your building will grow stronger with time, and I hope you were able to learn from this experience. Looking forward to seeing you in action in the future!

idea You were extremely helpful from the very beginning, always helping Onyx with his preps, and you also played your own games to the best of your abilities, winning a very important one! Your builds looked very solid, I hope you’ll stick around and play BH more visibly in the future!

Pujo Beau :heart: Désolé de pas t’avoir fait jouer la semaine que tu voulais, et de t’avoir fait jouer une semaine difficile. Ta compagnie a été très apprécie et je t’adore, tu le sais. J’espère te revoir dans pas longtemps :heart:

Alternatif Bg, je sais pas pourquoi on t’a acheté, car objectivement, ça a été super dommage de devoir te sub out pendant 6 semaines, alors que chez d’autres équipes t’aurais eu plus de chances de te mettre en lumière. Je devais savoir que de reprendre à jouer après une si longue pause ne serait pas facile. Tu restes un excellent joueur et une personne extrêmement agréable. J’ai vraiment envie de te rencontrer irl, une fois !

LBDC Lebeauducoeur, quand t’es en forme t’es vraiment un excellent joueur :heart: Malheureusement, je crois que c’était pas un pic d’inspiration pour toi. Mais ta compagnie a été énormément appréciée, tu es très chou. Et t’as quand même ramené deux wins très importantes, ce qui nous a clairement aidé à atteindre notre résultat !

PandaDoux Doux comme le nom le dit :heart: Merci infiniment, Panda !! Non seulement t’as aidé Atha, souvent en faisant la différence au niveau de la prep ; mais t’as aussi aidé tout le monde en recueillant les replays et en montrant ce que nous avions joué les semaines passées. Ça a été très utile, et tu t’en es occupé spontanément et constamment. Merci merci merci !

Hats Merci d’avoir aide qways à test, ça a été très important, notamment les fois où personne d’autre ne pouvait. Merci également de nous avoir soutenu tout le long :blobnom:

Palapapop T’es un amour, palaparfait. Tu as été super present, en français et en anglais, tu as toujours essayé d’aider tout le monde ! C’était vraiment un maxi-plaisir de t’avoir avec nous, t’es une personne constamment agréable ; ainsi qu’extrêmement utile pour tous. T’es trop chou ivl et irl, et je te souhaite tout le meilleur pour ta suite, que ce soit l’OML ou les études.

Marsopa Trump & Test Rex Gracias de siempre quedarte con nosotros. El proximo año, quiero veerte jugar! :heart:

Frrf Merci d’être venu aider en Camomons, surtout au début. Ça nous a vraiment aidé ! :)

Sectonia, Kris, and Think, thank you for hosting this iteration of OMPL in a very competent, transparent, and drama-free manner. You always listened to the point of view of managers, and it showed.

As for the gift: here is a paste of all the teams I built to support qways, plus some older teams. Have fun using them, or find inspiration and build better ones yourselves :)

Last edited:
Hello it is me BH player willdbeast and I am very excited for OMPL to be starting. I'm really looking forwards to playing or helping my team prepare since it's a lot of fun and great to get to know new people :]

I just thought I'd make a little post to convince the managers to buy me in the upcoming draft, since it's very tough competition with lots of great BH players like MAMP, motherlove and morogrim. Hopefully someone thinks I am worth having on the team :]

Achievements:
Former BH Council member
Winning the 3rd BH Open with a final vs QT and a semifinal vs Jeran
Getting to round 8 of the 2018 BH Spring seasonal (lost to aki0s and Funbot, looking forwards to a rematch with them both this OMPL <3 )
Winning the non-serious BH banhappy tour
Winning the 2019 BH Autumn Fall seasonal with a double finals vs loser and losers bracker (which ironically didn't have loser) final round robin with QT and LBDC
Went 1-1 in BH in OMPL VI
Went 2-2 in BH in OMWC I
Went 3-1 in BH in OMWC II
Went 2-0 as a sub in OM Snake II
Losing in finals in 2020 BH Spring seasonal to Jeran
Getting to round 8 in 2020 BH Fall seasonal

Skills:
Friendly attitude :]
Hard working and dedicated team member :]
Creative builder :]

Hopefully some managers reading this will see a young up-and-coming enthusiastic player and take a chance on drafting me, I'm sure I can be a positive impact for your team, and I'm super excited to be involved and take part in this wonderful event and I especially look forwards to playing against some of my role models like voltdarkrai and pokeboss9 :]

Good luck everyone in the auction, I'm sure it's very stressful having to remember everyone and make sure you get a good team together under pressure :]

Lots of love, willdbeast xxx

Hi everyone :) Lil' shout-out post with a gift at the end.
First of all, this was an incredibly close OMPL! I’ve never seen 5 teams compete for 3 slots until the very end. Congratulations to the teams that made it through, we gave it our all, but we’ve been bested!
Now for shout-outs:

Dragonillis Quand j’ai vu ton post d’inscription, j’ai tout de suite voulu co-cap avec toi, et je pense qu’on s’en est très bien sorti. Je pense qu’on a été suffisamment complémentaires, et que t’as fait un super taff en t’occupant de choses dont je n’aurais pas pu, notamment en aidant la prep sur énormément de metas et en proposant des tests. T’as également su t’investir plus quand j’ai dû prendre un peu de distance. Je suis très content qu’on t’ait accordé la chance de cap, car tu le mérites bien et t’as démontré que t’étais très compétent et apte à un rôle de cette carrure.

qways You were simply amazing, qways. When I included your name in our draftplan, in my mind I was merely adding one of the few viable players to the pool, yet still unproven, whom I’d need to support a lot. I was probably more skeptical of you than other managers before the auction. Now, you’re my favorite Mix and Mega player ever. Your grasp of the metagame is astounding, you build extremely solid teams that account even for the slightest of metagame tendencies, always and tirelessly striving to do better. To face a player of your caliber in our numerous tests together was an immense pleasure. I really enjoyed your constant enthusiasm as well as your ability to come up with new, diverse teams that always performed so well. Your personality was so great throughout the whole tournament. I particularly remember you remaining calm and not blaming me for our Smogtours accident, shrugging it off, and building another superb team like it was nothing. I hope my wanky builds didn’t do more harm than good to your quality as a builder and player. I’m sorry about not being there a lot mid-tour, and foremost about not letting you sit week 7 out, but we still needed our best LU for the “unlikely” outcome that happened in the end (ruining your win streak in the process). You still came incredibly close, though. All I can say in the end is, you told me “I hope we win a lot of games”, and I’m so proud of you for succeeding! I hope you’ll continue to brighten the future of Mix and Mega with your presence and activity :heart:

Atha Le goat, t’es vraiment un joueur excellent, je pense que tu dois rentrer dans le pantheon des grands joueurs de AAA. En plus, t’es très intelligent et sympa, je suis très content de t’avoir rencontré ! Je suis navré que nous n’aurons pas la victoire espérée, et que tout se soit écroulé si rapidement après ton depart. Merci en tout cas pour tes intuitions en building et ton jeu impeccable. Au plaisir de te revoir et de te voir encore longtemps jouer ce metagame :heart:

Meta Sweet Meta :heart: Siamato is a close friend of both of your managers, but in every draftplan where we didn’t opt for him, we wanted you: an extremely talented player who grasps the metagame well and was able to progress independently. You really did all that, quickly reacquiring confidence and knowledge of Camomons, and your positive record is a testament to your prowess as a player. Plus, you’ve always been a very nice presence.

ojr I’m sorry this tour was so disappointing, with so many losses due only to hax or match-up. Idk what we could have done differently, and I’m sorry I personally couldn’t help at all. You’re an awesome player and a very cool person! Your discord line-count alone speaks volumes of your commitment to the team, which was why I absolutely wanted you in it. I just wish your record reflected your true qualities. Don’t be discouraged, for real, you were worth every penny and then some!

Jett I’m sorry about the whole ordeal of thoughtlessly slotting you as support. The weeks in which you played proved that you’re of course more than that, and I really should have adapted my draft plan after stealing you for just 8k. I really appreciated you maintaining a positive attitude and spreading positivity with your incredibly kind and loving messages, constantly reassuring and motivating others. You’re an amazing person, and I’m extremely glad you were on my team. Thank you for helping with the NFE prep, you and Jr were by far the most active members of our discord, and it’s a shame that the collective record doesn’t reflect your efforts and your quality as builders and players!

Onyx Onix 7 Thank you for bringing home an important win early on. I know the rest of the tournament didn’t go as we’d planned, but it was in spite of your constant work and input. You never gave up, always prepped with care, and tried your best every week. You were often cursed with bad matchups, but I’m sure your building will grow stronger with time, and I hope you were able to learn from this experience. Looking forward to seeing you in action in the future!

idea You were extremely helpful from the very beginning, always helping Onyx with his preps, and you also played your own games to the best of your abilities, winning a very important one! Your builds looked very solid, I hope you’ll stick around and play BH more visibly in the future!

Pujo Beau :heart: Désolé de pas t’avoir fait jouer la semaine que tu voulais, et de t’avoir fait jouer une semaine difficile. Ta compagnie a été très apprécie et je t’adore, tu le sais. J’espère te revoir dans pas longtemps :heart:

Alternatif Bg, je sais pas pourquoi on t’a acheté, car objectivement, ça a été super dommage de devoir te sub out pendant 6 semaines, alors que chez d’autres équipes t’aurais eu plus de chances de te mettre en lumière. Je devais savoir que de reprendre à jouer après une si longue pause ne serait pas facile. Tu restes un excellent joueur et une personne extrêmement agréable. J’ai vraiment envie de te rencontrer irl, une fois !

LBDC Lebeauducoeur, quand t’es en forme t’es vraiment un excellent joueur :heart: Malheureusement, je crois que c’était pas un pic d’inspiration pour toi. Mais ta compagnie a été énormément appréciée, tu es très chou. Et t’as quand même ramené deux wins très importantes, ce qui nous a clairement aidé à atteindre notre résultat !

PandaDoux Doux comme le nom le dit :heart: Merci infiniment, Panda !! Non seulement t’as aidé Atha, souvent en faisant la différence au niveau de la prep ; mais t’as aussi aidé tout le monde en recueillant les replays et en montrant ce que nous avions joué les semaines passées. Ça a été très utile, et tu t’en es occupé spontanément et constamment. Merci merci merci !

Hats Merci d’avoir aide qways à test, ça a été très important, notamment les fois où personne d’autre ne pouvait. Merci également de nous avoir soutenu tout le long :blobnom:

Palapapop T’es un amour, palaparfait. Tu as été super present, en français et en anglais, tu as toujours essayé d’aider tout le monde ! C’était vraiment un maxi-plaisir de t’avoir avec nous, t’es une personne constamment agréable ; ainsi qu’extrêmement utile pour tous. T’es trop chou ivl et irl, et je te souhaite tout le meilleur pour ta suite, que ce soit l’OML ou les études.

Marsopa Trump & Test Rex Gracias de siempre quedarte con nosotros. El proximo año, quiero veerte jugar! :heart:

Frrf Merci d’être venu aider en Camomons, surtout au début. Ça nous a vraiment aidé ! :)

Sectonia, Kris, and Think, thank you for hosting this iteration of OMPL in a very competent, transparent, and drama-free manner. You always listened to the point of view of managers, and it showed.

As for the gift: here is a paste of all the teams I built to support qways, plus some older teams. Have fun using them, or find inspiration and build better ones yourselves :)
I dont think I deserve the shout out man.

Pretty much sat in the server without interfering much. I am not in the positon to help as I sadly have separated too much from a meta I love, and now I am nothing but the king of rust, neither did I interact much, whatsoever, helping or not. I would blame time, and irl issues, but lack of commitment was the fault, and thats on me. Sorry.

Doesnt matter what I deserve though, but what you DO deserve, winning an OMPL.
Few people I know more invested in this beautiful world of OMs more than you, and even fewer, not in OMs, in my whole life, as nice as you. I dont aim to sweettalk, but I shall tell you one thing. One day u will win an OMPL and I will be the first both to help u in the path and congratulate you in the end.

I tip my hat to you, friend, and I hope the world doesnt rot the sweet caramel you have as heart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)