OMPL VI Discussion Thread

Here is my attempt at a completely objective and unbiased evaluation of the relative strengths of the teams based on a number of factors: Player skill, overall knowledge of each metagame, team support for each metagame and other miscellaneous factors. How I've weighted each of these factors may be disagreed with but I think I've done a good job of being fair and scientific about it. Hopefully this will be a much more informative and useful ranking than the flawed attempts before it.

#1 Bedroom Blisseys
#2-8 everyone else

Here is my attempt at a completely objective and unbiased evaluation of the relative strengths of the teams based on a number of factors: Player skill, overall knowledge of each metagame, team support for each metagame and other miscellaneous factors. How I've weighted each of these factors may be disagreed with but I think I've done a good job of being fair and scientific about it. Hopefully this will be a much more informative and useful ranking than the flawed attempts before it.

#1 Bedroom Blisseys
#2-8 everyone else
Oh tegrof you're so off topic.

Power rankings:

1) go Heliolisks
2) booooo other teams

What's a 'sportsmanship'??
I'm beginning to see a trend emerge

TheCoastsOfToast's OMPL Draft Ranking!!

Since the existing rankings are arbitrary enough, I've decided to post my own even more arbitrary power rankings. In this post we'll examine how well the managers drafted by ranking the teams based on the collective total of the players' names in Scrabble. And honestly how far off is it anyway?

#8.) The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru, Megazard): 141
The Triple Ts had a pretty dismal draft this year, with Quantum Tesseract's long name and coveted Q being their only saving grace. They made a terrible mistake in drafting 4-point Eien, and that combined with 7-point buys Trace and Anty brought the average name worth down by a large margin. Those costly mistakes, as well as the relative shortness of many players on the team, cemented this team in last place

#7.) The Hellborn Heliolisks (Drampa's Grandpa, OM Room): 149
The Hellborn Heliolisks barely fared better than the previous team on this ranking, only squeaking by by a mere 8 points. They spent 15500 on a dismal 10-point player in Fardin, and had far too few total letters on the team to compete with most of the others. I mean, Illama? Tzop? Shiloh? Where was the strategy in this draft? If Drampa could've contributed his own name, he might've been slightly better off, but sadly he really dropped the ball on this draft. And yes, xavgb does look like a great made-up Scrabble word. I wonder what it means.

#6.) The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (deg, el sed): 162
While the king of roffing didn't have an abysmal draft, he and his sidekick didn't have a particularly successful one either. The team was able to circumvent the issue of many short names by packing powerful consonants in names like Mark_K, Joker 1v1 (no numbers were counted, don't worry) and Akashi. HunterStorm for 19.5k seems excessive for an unimpressive point total of 16, but who am I to judge?

#5.) The Hotshot Honchkrows (jrdn, Snaquaza): 179
Just looking at the Honchkrows' pool of players, you'd think they would score much higher than 179 points. Sadly, four-letter players like Plas, mags, and MAMP did this team no favors in bolstering its total. Terracotta and and Catalystic may look long, and their Cs are appreciated, but their names are largely 1-point tiles so the length is largely irrelevant. Jrdn's building skills won't help when the tiles just aren't there. All in all, this team could've done worse, but certainly could've done better.

#4.) The Five-Star Jolteons (dbw, Ransei): 199
Ransei certainly didn't have a Five-Star draft, but he and dbw had a noticeably better draft than the teams previous. Only one point away from breaking the 200-point barrier, but sadly they didn't quite make it. Ransei clearly took an interest in exotic consonants like Zs (Zesty, Baleblaze), X (The Excadrill) and Vs (bdov, motherlove) and it helped him in this draft. A solid draft, but nothing too impressive. I'd give it 2.5 stars.

#3.) Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe): 216
I'm not afraid to be honest in my ranking and not put my team first. My own name, while quite long, had far too many 1-point tiles to make a huge impact at 25 points, as is the case for WTF THHE STALLS at 24 points and UnleashOurPassion at 22. aesf was a bold buy by Chloe, but for the steal of only 3500 why not add 7 points. If only GRNBLN had included some vowels in his name for a little extra boost. Chloe did a nice job in the draft, though, clearing 200 points by a nice margin and proving that she is no novice at Scrabble.

#2.) The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal): 232
TI had an extremely solid draft this year, most notably with the incredibly juicy The Dark Alakazam at a whopping 38 points for only 3000. How the other managers let this slide is beyond me! Other highlights include hamhamhamham, a nice 32-point string of meat, and DontStealMyPenguin for only one point less. TI has shown time and time again that he is no slouch when it comes to draft strategy, and this year is no exception. Well done, TI.

And finally, the top draft, at #1...

The Buyer Bewears: 263 As managed by Uselesscrab and ScarfWynaut

There is no question that UC and SW knew exactly what they were doing this year, winning the award for Most Clever Name and having the most successful draft. Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) alone got them 55 points, and byron the bab bab scored them another 30. These huge names were able to offset shockingly bad picks like osra (4 points???? are you serious?) and in the end they reigned supreme over this year's draft.

Anyway thanks for reading and I hope you understand that this is all in complete seriousness!

Last edited:
Everyone is trashing his rankings yet no one else has made a post with a write up. Make one if you think you can do better
ok. while i can't compete with the greatest rankings by coasts, i will try. the teams are really close this year. there is no op team; all the teams have flaws. i'll judge which team has the least flaws.

1- honchkrows - strong aaa/mnm/1v1, good bh, decent ag. have to take into account cata will be absent for a lot of the ompl. with jrdn's support, this team looks the strongest.

2 - heliolisks - strong everything but weak ag. fardin is hit/miss. and i don't think anybody other than fardin ranks illama.

3 - blisseys - strong bh, good 1v1/ag/mnm. biggest flaw is the lack of a recognizable aaa starter.

4 - jolteons - strong ag, decent bh/1v1, doesn't have an aaa main, it11 rusty af. early weeks will be tough for the jolteons. but i think over time, some of their rusty players would be able to get back into form.

5 - hydreigons - strong 1v1, good bh, decent everywhere else. chloe's support will be vital here as mnm/ag are weak spots. aesf is a solid aaa player but might need time to get back into pokemon.

6 - rayquazas - there's some good names on this team but there's a severe lack of depth. can the managers provide enough support? probably not.

7 - bewears - strong 1v1, decent everywhere else but lacking an aaa main. it's not an amazing team but sl is one of the better bh players, multi is a good tour player, and ihhca is good in general.

8 - talonflames - this is quite possibly the worst draft i've seen. qt can only do so much. also, monotype isn't an om anymore.

Willdbeast said:

OMPL VI Power Rankings
Presented by Pigeons, Catalystic, highlighter, Halliday, MAMP, Osra, Jrdn, Chazm, GL Volkner, Andyboy500, ScarfWynaut

Introduction
With the draft now complete, it’s time to look back on which managers had the most successful drafts. To do this, we compiled rankings for each individual tier and calculated a cumulative score to rank each team. By breaking down the scores tier by tier and getting a cumulative score by adding up the tiers separately, there exists less bias. Furthermore, having players from a variety of teams give rankings on players eliminates the bias of one team.

Scoring
Each player was ranked from C- to S individually, and then bumped up based on Team Synergy. The individual ranking is put in parenthesis, while the adjusted ranking is put outside. Each tier has a maximum of up to 10 points, thus 60 is the maximum possible score for each team.

Here are the respective point values for each letter ranking:
ScoresNumber
S:10
S-:9
A+:8
A:7
A-:6
B+:5
B:4
B-:3
C+:2
C:1
C-:0

So without further ado, here are the OMPL Power Rankings!

?. The Treasure Town Talonflames - Leru & Megazard
Cumulative Score: ?

USUM AG: ?
USUM BH: ?
Bo5 USUM 1v1: ?
USUM MnM: ?
USUM AAA: ?

Leru’s draft being interesting is a way of putting it. Drafting Quantum Tesseract for 22k and proceeding to draft solely tours players is certainly an unusual strategy. Only time will tell whether this strategy pays off for the Talonflames.

7. The Five-Star Jolteons - DBW & Ransei
Cumulative Score: 39

USUM AG: Paycard - A+(A+)
USUM AG: Zesty - A(A-)
USUM BH: motherlove - B+(B+)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: BaleBlaze/Magma - S-(A+)(B)
USUM MnM: IT11 - B(B)
USUM AAA: Official Fissure - A-(B+)

Ransei’s draft is kind of difficult. While he has a great 1v1 core, the perks stop there as his BH, MnM and AAA slots are either rusty, don’t play the meta, lack support or all three. His AG core, while decent, is likely not enough to compete against the other, fiercer AG cores in the PL. This is bound to be difficult for Ransei, but his draft isn’t exactly unsalvageable. Hard work will be key in achieving a potential victory. However, Ransei’s always known to pull tricks up his sleeve, so who knows, maybe the Jolteons will surprise everyone.

Player Breakdown:
Paycard: One of the top AG players, Paycard well deserves his A+ ranking. However, his lack of experience in team tours doesn’t boost his ranking past that, leaving him at an overall A+.

Zesty: Zesty has been improving immensely over the past year, giving him an A- rating. In tandem with getting Arushi to help him build and test, his ranking has been further boosted to an A.

Motherlove: An old OMs veteran, motherlove has only returned in this past week. Unfortunately, due to inactivity over the past year, motherlove remains at a B+ ranking. Who knows; maybe he’ll be able to shake off this rust and surprise everyone.

BaleBlaze: A 1v1 veteran who came back from inactivity just months ago and has since then shaken off his rustiness to assert himself into high placements on the ladder and having solid performance in 1v1 tournaments, including being on the finalist team in the recently-concluded 1v1 Premier League. His consistently exceptional performance all-around have earned him his A+ ranking.

Magma: A previously unknown name, before being drafted into the finalist team for the 1v1 Premier League, Magma made a strong name for herself after beating 1v1 Classic Champion Joker 1v1, followed up by besting the previously undefeated OM room for the League Finals. Since then, Magma has continued honing her skills, both on ladder and in various room tournaments, such to the extent that she went from being a random user to being a B rank threat, at least.

Baleblaze + Magma: Having been on the same Premier League team before, these two are likely used to interacting with each other, making their cohesiveness a considerable threat to keep in mind when playing against them. Little is known about Magma’s building style, while Baleblaze made a name for himself by building strong balance teams; when these two styles combine and collaborate, there’s no telling what to expect, earning them their S- ranking.

IT11: Another OMs veteran, going 6-0 in the last OMPL in MnM is certainly impressive. Unfortunately, since he hasn’t touched the tier much over the past year, IT11 only achieves a B ranking. Perhaps he’ll shape up and go undefeated again; only time will tell.

Official Fissure: With sketchmons gone, OF is left in the AAA slot, leaving him only with a B+ ranking. Fortunately, he has motherlove to help test and build, boosting him up to an A-.

6. The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas - DEG & sedertz

Cumulative Score: 41

USUM AG: HunterStorm S(S)
USUM AG: Donno B+(B-)
USUM BH: morogrim S-(S-)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Joker 1v1 A-(A-)
USUM MnM: Akashi A-(B+)
USUM AAA: Sabella B+(B+)

While definitely strong in AG Bo3 and BH, their stakehold over the meta ends there as the rest of their players aren’t top tier at their metas. With Hunter’s support, donno could become a threat but the issue is that’s still only three slots. The other slots will definitely have to pull their weight, in addition to Donno pulling weight as well.

Player Breakdown:
HunterStorm: Not only is he an incredibly consistent player, but has performed extremely well in a variety of team and individual tours. Solid teambuilder for all playstyles among other factors puts him at an S individually and thus an S overall.

Donno: Since Donno is rusty, he currently sits at a B- individually. However, he has Hunter to help him build and test, giving him a two rank increase to a B+.

Morogrim: A top tier BH player, morogrim individually ranks at an S-. Despite going even last year, morogrim hasn’t let up and has since tore up the BH ladder, reaching an impressive peak. However, without other BH members on the team to help him, morogrim overall still ranks at an S-.

Joker1v1: Ever since winning the 1v1 Classic, Joker has gone from being just a regular 1v1 player to being a well-known and respected threat. His famous style of building balanced teams with just a little bit of extra spice has carried him far, both on ladder and in tournaments, thus earning him his A- ranking.

Akashi: A solid yet controversial MnM player, Akashi individually ranks at a B+. Fortunately, he has Mark_K to further help him build and test, giving him an overall rank of A-.

Sabella: While Sabella is a fantastic tours player, he has a lack of AAA players on his team. This unfortunately leaves him at a B+, yet if he gets access to AAA teams and practice, he can easily surprise the competition.

4/5. The Bedroom Blisseys - The Immortal
Cumulative Score: 42

USUM AG: hamhamhamham A+(A+)
USUM AG: dontstealmypenguin B+(B+)
USUM BH: Highlighter S(S)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: The Dark Alakazam/Blazikin A+(A)(A-)
USUM MnM: Chazm A-(A-)
USUM AAA: The Consort B+(B)

While TI started off strong with a fantastic pickup in hamhamhamham, he proceded to spend 32K on highlighter and willdbeast, leaving him unable to pick up top tier picks in AAA and AG thereafter. In addition, the inability to buy EternalSnowman to aid ham was unfortunate as well. Overall however, TI has a solid draft overall, but could’ve been better.

Player Breakdown:
Hamhamhamham: The esteemed OMGS winner, ham is certainly a fierce competitor in this OMPL. An extremely competent Ubers player as well, ham’s success has certainly shown that he deserves his A+ ranking. Without ESM to support him however, he does not go beyond that, remaining at an A+.

Dontstealmypenguin: An old AG veteran, DSMP hasn’t been playing competitively recently, and due to this, he only recieves the B+ ranking. However, he may shine again show why he was considered one of the best AG players in the past.

Highlighter: Highlighter has certainly come far since kekturn got the better of him in OMPL III; as the best BH player in this current iteration of OMPL, he gets the stellar S ranking. He’s one of the few BH players that have played in multiple OMPLs, giving him experience his competition does not, widening the gap even more. Furthermore, he has Willdbeast to help him at any time, allowing him to maximize his BH prowess.

The Dark Alakazam: A seasoned 1v1 veteran, well-known for maintaining high ladder peaks whenever he isn’t gone for his infamous months of inactivity. His style of only using one team at a time when laddering has carried him surprisingly far, even despite the ever-present threat of counter-teaming, even servicing him well in tournaments. Building more teams would just make him even more of a threat than he already is, earning him his A rank placement. A substantial issue with The Dark Alakazam, however, is that he has recently taken a leave of absence to pursue real-life goals, and as such, may be unable to support his team as much as he normally would be able to.

Blazikin: A strong contender, Blazikin has a wide variety of teams, mostly specializing in the traditional hard-to-break balance playstyle. His tournament record isn’t overly consistent, having gone 0-4 in 1v1 Premier League, while at the same time making it all the way to the finals in the 1v1 Spring Seasonal, despite a Round 1 loss in the lengthy double elimination tournament. He’s a great player, but his lacking consistency bring him down to an A-.

The Dark Alakazam + Blazikin: Though they’ve never been on a team together, they’re both staff members of the 1v1 Room, and both often monitor the room together during the dead hours, which has likely formed at least some kind of cohesion. If The Dark Alakazam is at least active enough to help out Blazikin, the two would make a strong combination, worthy of an A+ rank at least.

Chazm: The esteemed Magearna user, Chazm has become a solid MnM player overall, landing him an A- ranking. Without another user to help him with testing and building however, his ranking has not risen above A-.

The Consort: The 20 minute pickup from TI at the end of the draft, The Consort is an AAA player that is slightly below the rest, and is given a B ranking. With Cookiekins to help him, his ranking is slightly elevated to a B+, but still not as competitive as the stronger AAA starters.

4/5. The Buyer Bewears - ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab

USUM AG: PurpleGatorade - S-(A+)
USUM AG: Pigeons - A+(A)
USUM BH: SL42 - B+(B)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Osra/Iron Crusher/Emperor - S(S)(A)(B+)
USUM MnM: MultiAmmiratore - B+(B+)
USUM AAA: ihhca - B+(B+)

Player Breakdown:
PurpleGatorade: Coming off an extremely impressive undefeated record in UPL, Purple is looking stronger than ever. With his versatile playstyle, he earns the A+ ranking. Furthermore, with Pigeons to support him with teambuilding, Purple further goes into an S- ranking.

Pigeons: As the only Anything Goes RO to play in this iteration of the OMPL, Pigeons is looking strong, earning him a solid A ranking. With purple’s team support and help, he climbs to an A+ ranking as a whole.

Osra: A well-seasoned 1v1 veteran, Osra has made a name for herself over the years, winning many tournaments and managing high ranking accounts on the ladder. Her lack of any certain playstyle contributes to her unpredictability, making it difficult for people to predict what to bring against her, making most matches a guessing game at best. Her overall consistently strong performance has earned her the S rank.

SL42: Known for inventing very unorthodox sets, Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) (Gross name) is the only rookie BH starter in this year’s OMPL, meaning he’s an underdog in a tour filled with more experienced opponents, giving him the B rating. With not much but a middling BH Open run to his name, not many are sold on his ability to keep up with the pack, so this will be a good opportunity for him to prove himself as a player. He’ll no doubt have support from veteran BH teammate sugarhigh and his manager ScarfWynaut, elevating his B rank to a B+.

Iron Crusher: Somewhat of an enigma within the 1v1 community, Iron Crusher has been somewhat inactive as of recent days. Earlier within the generation, he managed multiple alts at high ranks on the ladder using his famous standard-with-a-twist kinds of balanced teams, and recently managed solid performance in the 1v1 Premier League. His multiple strong, balanced teams, and unpredictability as he switches them up has earned him his A rank as a 1v1 player.

Emperor: A well-known veteran from the older days of Gen 6 1v1. Emperor hasn’t been overly active in the modern day 1v1 metagame, and has gotten noticeably rusty as a result, often still relying on Gen 6 teams. If he started honing his skills and building teams to de-rust himself, he may just manage to climb back to the success that made him well-known in the first place, but for now, his rusted skills put him at B+ at best.

Osra + Iron Crusher + Emperor: These three have never worked together before, which will take some getting used to. Their cohesiveness is also hindered by the factor of difficult time zones that make it so that they cannot communicate very well at all. Even despite all that, the three of them pooling their knowledge and skills together easily earns them an S as a 1v1 unit.

MultiAmmiratore: A relatively new face in the Mix & Mega scene, Multi has performed admirably in recent MnM tournaments, even reaching the finals of this year’s MnM Open with an impressive run. However, his inexperience in team tours may prove to be his downfall. He likely also will not have much assistance thanks to the lack of MnM mains on the roster, so he earns a B+ rank.

Ihhca: The Bewears suffer from lacking a true AAA main and as such it’s predicted that ihhca will be their main AAA player. Whilst he’s by no means a slouch when it comes to battling, denoted by his B+ ranking, only time will tell if his AAA inexperience will be exploited.

3. The Hydrophobic Hydreigons - Chloe
Cumulative Score: 43

USUM AG: Zenithial - A(A-)
USUM AG: GRNBLN - A(A-)
USUM BH: Jasprose - A(B+)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Kentari/UnleashOurPassion - S(S)(S)
USUM MnM: M’joe’ra - A-(B+)
USUM AAA: Funbot28 - A(A-)

Leading off with a questionable draft strategy in drafting 2 1v1 players, Chloe managed to continue to create a formidable a team. A key is the AG support that she’ll be able to provide, allowing her AG core to be competitive against the other strong AG cores. Overall, the Hydreigons have a solid draft and are certainly not easy to best.

Player Breakdown:
Zenithial: As one of the best gen 7 ladder players and has had decent performance in tours, Zenithial is a solid player in general, landing him an A- ranking. Fortunately, with Chloe and GRNBLN to help him with building, his overall ranking gets boosted to A.

GRNBLN: Similar to Zenithial, GRNBLN is one of the most solid players as well. He has a variety of playstyles, yet doesn’t have deep tournament runs, landing him as an A-. However, given Chloe and Zenithial’s support, GRNBLN can patch up his weaknesses, giving him an A ranking overall.

Jasprose: A user that is extremely solid in tours in general, jasprose is known to always bring the best surprises (fleur cannon pdon). He has won last year’s BH open in style and performed admirably in OMPL V, winning against the likes of morogrim, aki0s and Halliday. However, he has become inactive since and hasn’t played BH much since. As such, he only achieves the B+ ranking individually. However, with Halliday this time to back him up, his overall ranking goes to an A.

Kentari: The best example of an anti-player in the 1v1 community. On ladder, he struggles against lower-ranked players, due to their lacking predictability, but thrives against forward-thinking players, thus resulting in him having one of the best and most consistent tournament records out of anyone in the 1v1 community. Due to his skill at beating competent players, Kentari easily earns himself an S rank.

UnleashOurPassion: One of the biggest names in 1v1, UnleashOurPassion started his climb to fame in the earlier era of SM 1v1, being one of the first and few people to peak the ladder and consistently maintain that peak. The handful of sets that he made in that time blew up in popularity, resulting in the overwhelming number of Durant that exist, as well as Icium-Z on Kyurem-Black, before it got banned. As a player, UnleashOurPassion is a very analytical threat, though can often be over-analytical, and even sacrificial in order to get an idea of what he’s dealing with. This over-analytical battling style would push him down to an A+ rank on its own, but at his best, he has shown S rank potential. UnleashOurPassion has also struggled with inactivity and disappearing before, even having to be subbed out of the 1v1 Premier League Finals for an unknown personal reason.

Kentari + UnleashOurPassion: These two have also worked together before, Kentari being the manager of a finalist team in 1v1 Premier League with UnleashOurPassion as a team member. The two are often online in the 1v1 Room at the same time, so their overall interaction should be pretty cohesive at this point. With two of the best 1v1 players in the metagame working together on a team, they’ve easily earned being S rank as a 1v1 unit.

M’joe’ra: A veteran player, M’joe’ra has remained consistently strong in the Mix & Mega scene. His solid playstyle and creative cores will be even stronger with his fantastic support of In The Hills and Vhayle, two players who also excel at building and using bulkier builds. M’joe’ra is known to use certain pokemon on almost every team so it will be interesting to see how he prepares and plays accordingly for OMPL. Although his consistency is undeniable, M’joe’ra hasn’t done anything major in the tournament scene since his win in a Mix & Mega tour back in SM and hasn’t participated in many tours to begin with so for now, he earns a B+ ranking. However, with In The Hills and Vhayle to help him prepare, he is an A- threat.

Funbot28: Known as one of the best overall well rounders, Funbot28 alone is a formidable threat in AAA, landing her an A- ranking. Compounding this, Funbot also has asef to help her build and prepare, giving her an elevated ranking of A+.

2. The Hellborn Heliolisks - drampa's grandpa & OM room

Cumulative Score: 44

USUM AG: Fardin - S-(S-)
USUM AG: iLlama - A-(B)
USUM BH: GL Volkner - A-(B+)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Freddy Kyogre/motogp - A+(A)(A)
USUM MnM: stresh - S-(A+)
USUM AAA: Adrian Marin - A(A-)

Starting the draft off with a bang by drafting Fardin for 15.5k, the Heliolisks continued with an increasingly successful draft. Snagging arguable the best MnM player and having solid picks every other tier, OM Room and drampa’s grandpa certainly have a squad to beat.

Player Breakdown:
Fardin: As one of the top AG players with a variety of teams, Fardin claims the S- ranking, falling only behind HunterStorm. However, as he will likely be the one giving instead of receiving team support, Fardin’s ranking will remain at S-.

iLlama: A solid AG player, iLlama was given individually the B ranking. Fardin will be able to supply Llama with team building support however, significantly boosting his ranking to A-.

GL Volkner: The ever popular VoltDarkrai has yet to had a significant deep run in tours, giving him the B+ ranking. Despite a poor performance in OMPL V, losing the most out of any player across all metas, he has both improved and maintained an active presence in the BH community since, making him a more formidable opponent than last year. Given Adrian will be able to help prep and test, his ranking has been upgraded to A-.

Freddy Kyogre: Once considered an underdog, Freddy managed to turn some heads in the 1v1 Premier League, managing wins against great players like MaceMaster, Kentari, Baleblaze, and more. Since then, Freddy has additionally gotten noticeably higher ranks on ladder, and better overall performances in room tournaments. He’s used only a handful of teams so frequently that they’ve then come to be known as “Freddy” teams, putting him on comparable levels to The Dark Alakazam. If he built more teams, Freddy Kyogre could likely hit higher ranks, but for now, he manages a very solid A rank.

Motogp: Motogp has been a solid player ever since starting during the SM era, such to the extent that he was deemed worthy of being staff in the 1v1 Room, as well as managing his own team for the 1v1 Premier League. Motogp puts forth overall solid results when it comes to ladder and tournaments, though has never really excelled at either. As a player, Motogp makes many strong, balanced teams, though often struggles at guessing the right Pokemon to pick at team preview. Motogp’s strong teams and how he varies up their usage to avoid being predictable manages to pull him up to a respectable A rank.

Freddy Kyogre + Motogp: These two have never really worked together before, and can sometimes be abrasive towards each other, particularly when it comes to disputing who “should have” won a battle. Motogp’s teambuilding skills combined with Freddy Kyogre’s playing skills could make for a deadly combination worthy of S- or even S rank, but on account of their teamwork skills, it would be more accurate to put them at A+ rank.

Xavgb: Xavgb, otherwise known as stresh, has recently established himself as one of the best MnM players, giving him the rank of A+. Compounding this, he has Fardin to help build and test, bolstering his overall ranking to S-.

Adrian Marin: The stall master himself can be predictable in terms of team choice, but certainly has the skill to back it up, giving him the A- ranking. Fortunately, the team is loaded with AAA talent, including Laxpras and Shiloh, allowing Adrian to climb to an A ranking.

1. The Hotshot Honchkrows - Jrdn & Snaquaza
Cumulative Score: 48

USUM AG: Catalystic - A+(A)
USUM AG: Holy Break - A+(A)
USUM BH: MAMP - A+(A)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Landon/MaceMaster/TheShadowClaw - S(S-)(A+)(A-)
USUM MnM: Andyboy500 - A(A-)
USUM AAA: Plas - A(B+)

While not completely outstanding on their own, the Honchkrows find themselves taking the top of the power rankings due to being solid in most metas, only arguably being weak in AAA. jrdn being a manager helps the team’s AAA and MnM slots quite a bit as well, bolstering their viability there. Unfortunately, Catalystic is gone for a few weeks so we’ll see how that plays out for the team but overall they should be set.

Player Breakdown:
Catalystic: Cata has been one of the top Ag players for quite some time now, and has also turned into an outstanding overall OM player. In terms of sheer in-battle ability he is as good as anyone. Overall ability he is an A and with Holy break and the rest of the guys help with building and tests he gets boosted to A+.

Holy Break: Holy Break is similar to cata in the fact that he is excellent in terms of in battle playing ability, which was highlighted in his winter seasonal victory. Where he may fall short a bit is in his building as he often uses others teams. That does not mean he is not a capable builder however, he may just like to use others builds. Overall ability he earns an A and could exceed this with good help in prep from his team, giving him an A+.

MAMP: Having participated in many OMPLs and even winning OMGS I’s BH Open, MAMP’s BH experience is undeniably vast, despite quitting (MANY) times. Despite not participating in this year’s BH Open, MAMP frequently ladders and plays in forum tours where her rare mix of creative teambuilding and battling skills are put on display. She also is one of the few veteran BH players in this tour who isn’t rusty. Preparing for MAMP will no doubt be troublesome. As such, MAMP is awarded an A rank. It’s to be expected that Pikachuun will assist MAMP with testing and building, so their combined rank is boosted to an A+.

UBERLandon21: One of the consistently best players of the metagame, Landon has put forth very strong results both on ladder and in tournaments. Landon likes experimenting around with unique teams or combinations of Pokemon that you wouldn’t see on a regular basis, which makes it really difficult to guess as to which team he will use next. He’s also very good at predicting opponent picks at team preview, as well as other similar guess-based scenarios, making him an all-around threat for 1v1 worthy of S rank.

MaceMaster: An eccentric 1v1 set builder; MaceMaster has made a name for himself by bringing viability to Pokemon otherwise considered unviable, with examples being Vigoroth, Dustox, and various unconventional sets on conventional Pokemon. As a player, MaceMaster seemingly has a finite number of viable teams, despite all the sets he has made, in addition to only having average performance rates on ladder and in tournaments. Through raw setbuilding prowess alone, MaceMaster manages to pull himself up to an A+ rank.

TheShadowClaw: A player who would have been otherwise negligible if it weren’t for his strong performances in the two most recent 1v1 tournaments: going undefeated in 1v1 Premier League versus high-ranking players like Blazikin and Kentari as well as making it all the way to the semifinals in the 1v1 Spring Seasonal before being eliminated. TheShadowClaw’s characteristic of preparing for opponents beyond just using teams he’s done well with on ladder makes him a strong threat to be afraid of, both as a standalone opponent and as a supporting teammate of your opponent, earning him his A- rank as a powerful tournament player.

UBERLadon21 + MaceMaster + TheShadowClaw: These three barely interact beyond all being roomauth of the 1v1 Room, though can all combine very effectively with their separate characteristics in how TheShadowClaw pinpoints weaknesses in opponent’s teams, how MaceMaster is capable of optimizing sets, and how Landon is just plain good at making guesses in actually using these teams, thus earning them an S rank, if they collaborate and use all their best traits in this way.

Andyboy500: The self proclaimed esteemed MnM webs user, Andyboy is an extremely strong player, landing him the A- rank. Furthermore, with Jrdn and others to help him increase his MnM team selection, his ranking further improves to an A.

Plas: An esteemed tours player that made AAA Open finals this year, Plas is certainly solid as an AAA draft, landing him a rating of B+. However, the thing that held him back the most, team choice, is certainly not a problem on the Honchkrows. With Jrdn and Geerat both supplying their ideas, Plas has a plethora of teams to use in OMPL. This gives him the A adjusted ranking in AAA.

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OMPL VI Power Rankings
Presented by Pigeons, Catalystic, highlighter, Halliday, MAMP, Osra, Jrdn, Chazm, GL Volkner, Andyboy500, ScarfWynaut

Introduction
With the draft now complete, it’s time to look back on which managers had the most successful drafts. To do this, we compiled rankings for each individual tier and calculated a cumulative score to rank each team. By breaking down the scores tier by tier and getting a cumulative score by adding up the tiers separately, there exists less bias. Furthermore, having players from a variety of teams give rankings on players eliminates the bias of one team.

Scoring
Each player was ranked from C- to S individually, and then bumped up based on Team Synergy. The individual ranking is put in parenthesis, while the adjusted ranking is put outside. Each tier has a maximum of up to 10 points, thus 60 is the maximum possible score for each team.

Here are the respective point values for each letter ranking:
ScoresNumber
S:10
S-:9
A+:8
A:7
A-:6
B+:5
B:4
B-:3
C+:2
C:1
C-:0

So without further ado, here are the OMPL Power Rankings!

?. The Treasure Town Talonflames - Leru & Megazard
Cumulative Score: ?

USUM BH: ?
Bo5 USUM 1v1: ?
USUM MnM: ?
USUM AAA: ?

Leru’s draft being interesting is a way of putting it. Drafting Quantum Tesseract for 22k and proceeding to draft solely tours players is certainly an unusual strategy. Only time will tell whether this strategy pays off for the Talonflames.

7. The Five-Star Jolteons - DBW & Ransei
Cumulative Score: 39

USUM AG: Paycard - A+(A+)
USUM AG: Zesty - A(A-)
USUM BH: motherlove - B+(B+)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: BaleBlaze/Magma - S-(A+)(B)
USUM MnM: IT11 - B(B)
USUM AAA: Official Fissure - A-(B+)

Ransei’s draft is kind of difficult. While he has a great 1v1 core, the perks stop there as his BH, MnM and AAA slots are either rusty, don’t play the meta, lack support or all three. His AG core, while decent, is likely not enough to compete against the other, fiercer AG cores in the PL. This is bound to be difficult for Ransei, but his draft isn’t exactly unsalvageable. Hard work will be key in achieving a potential victory. However, Ransei’s always known to pull tricks up his sleeve, so who knows, maybe the Jolteons will surprise everyone.

Player Breakdown:
Paycard: One of the top AG players, Paycard well deserves his A+ ranking. However, his lack of experience in team tours doesn’t boost his ranking past that, leaving him at an overall A+.

Zesty: Zesty has been improving immensely over the past year, giving him an A- rating. In tandem with getting Arushi to help him build and test, his ranking has been further boosted to an A.

Motherlove: An old OMs veteran, motherlove has only returned in this past week. Unfortunately, due to inactivity over the past year, motherlove remains at a B+ ranking. Who knows; maybe he’ll be able to shake off this rust and surprise everyone.

BaleBlaze: A 1v1 veteran who came back from inactivity just months ago and has since then shaken off his rustiness to assert himself into high placements on the ladder and having solid performance in 1v1 tournaments, including being on the finalist team in the recently-concluded 1v1 Premier League. His consistently exceptional performance all-around have earned him his A+ ranking.

Magma: A previously unknown name, before being drafted into the finalist team for the 1v1 Premier League, Magma made a strong name for herself after beating 1v1 Classic Champion Joker 1v1, followed up by besting the previously undefeated OM room for the League Finals. Since then, Magma has continued honing her skills, both on ladder and in various room tournaments, such to the extent that she went from being a random user to being a B rank threat, at least.

Baleblaze + Magma: Having been on the same Premier League team before, these two are likely used to interacting with each other, making their cohesiveness a considerable threat to keep in mind when playing against them. Little is known about Magma’s building style, while Baleblaze made a name for himself by building strong balance teams; when these two styles combine and collaborate, there’s no telling what to expect, earning them their S- ranking.

IT11: Another OMs veteran, going 6-0 in the last OMPL in MnM is certainly impressive. Unfortunately, since he hasn’t touched the tier much over the past year, IT11 only achieves a B ranking. Perhaps he’ll shape up and go undefeated again; only time will tell.

Official Fissure: With sketchmons gone, OF is left in the AAA slot, leaving him only with a B+ ranking. Fortunately, he has motherlove to help test and build, boosting him up to an A-.

6. The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas - DEG & sedertz
Cumulative Score: 41

USUM AG: HunterStorm S(S)
USUM AG: Donno B+(B-)
USUM BH: morogrim S-(S-)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Joker 1v1 A-(A-)
USUM MnM: Akashi A-(B+)
USUM AAA: Sabella B+(B+)

While definitely strong in AG Bo3 and BH, their stakehold over the meta ends there as the rest of their players aren’t top tier at their metas. With Hunter’s support, donno could become a threat but the issue is that’s still only three slots. The other slots will definitely have to pull their weight, in addition to Donno pulling weight as well.

Player Breakdown:
HunterStorm: Not only is he an incredibly consistent player, but has performed extremely well in a variety of team and individual tours. Solid teambuilder for all playstyles among other factors puts him at an S individually and thus an S overall.

Donno: Since Donno is rusty, he currently sits at a B- individually. However, he has Hunter to help him build and test, giving him a two rank increase to a B+.

Morogrim: A top tier BH player, morogrim individually ranks at an S-. Despite going even last year, morogrim hasn’t let up and has since tore up the BH ladder, reaching an impressive peak. However, without other BH members on the team to help him, morogrim overall still ranks at an S-.

Joker1v1: Ever since winning the 1v1 Classic, Joker has gone from being just a regular 1v1 player to being a well-known and respected threat. His famous style of building balanced teams with just a little bit of extra spice has carried him far, both on ladder and in tournaments, thus earning him his A- ranking.

Akashi: A solid yet controversial MnM player, Akashi individually ranks at a B+. Fortunately, he has Mark_K to further help him build and test, giving him an overall rank of A-.

Sabella: While Sabella is a fantastic tours player, he has a lack of AAA players on his team. This unfortunately leaves him at a B+, yet if he gets access to AAA teams and practice, he can easily surprise the competition.

4/5. The Bedroom Blisseys - The Immortal

USUM AG: hamhamhamham A+(A+)
USUM AG: dontstealmypenguin B+(B+)
USUM BH: Highlighter S(S)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: The Dark Alakazam/Blazikin A+(A)(A-)
USUM MnM: Chazm A-(A-)
USUM AAA: The Consort B+(B)

While TI started off strong with a fantastic pickup in hamhamhamham, he proceded to spend 32K on highlighter and willdbeast, leaving him unable to pick up top tier picks in AAA and AG thereafter. In addition, the inability to buy EternalSnowman to aid ham was unfortunate as well. Overall however, TI has a solid draft overall, but could’ve been better.

Player Breakdown:
Hamhamhamham: The esteemed OMGS winner, ham is certainly a fierce competitor in this OMPL. An extremely competent Ubers player as well, ham’s success has certainly shown that he deserves his A+ ranking. Without ESM to support him however, he does not go beyond that, remaining at an A+.

Dontstealmypenguin: An old AG veteran, DSMP hasn’t been playing competitively recently, and due to this, he only recieves the B+ ranking. However, he may shine again show why he was considered one of the best AG players in the past.

Highlighter: Highlighter has certainly come far since kekturn got the better of him in OMPL III; as the best BH player in this current iteration of OMPL, he gets the stellar S ranking. He’s one of the few BH players that have played in multiple OMPLs, giving him experience his competition does not, widening the gap even more. Furthermore, he has Willdbeast to help him at any time, allowing him to maximize his BH prowess.

The Dark Alakazam: A seasoned 1v1 veteran, well-known for maintaining high ladder peaks whenever he isn’t gone for his infamous months of inactivity. His style of only using one team at a time when laddering has carried him surprisingly far, even despite the ever-present threat of counter-teaming, even servicing him well in tournaments. Building more teams would just make him even more of a threat than he already is, earning him his A rank placement. A substantial issue with The Dark Alakazam, however, is that he has recently taken a leave of absence to pursue real-life goals, and as such, may be unable to support his team as much as he normally would be able to.

Blazikin: A strong contender, Blazikin has a wide variety of teams, mostly specializing in the traditional hard-to-break balance playstyle. His tournament record isn’t overly consistent, having gone 0-4 in 1v1 Premier League, while at the same time making it all the way to the finals in the 1v1 Spring Seasonal, despite a Round 1 loss in the lengthy double elimination tournament. He’s a great player, but his lacking consistency bring him down to an A-.

The Dark Alakazam + Blazikin: Though they’ve never been on a team together, they’re both staff members of the 1v1 Room, and both often monitor the room together during the dead hours, which has likely formed at least some kind of cohesion. If The Dark Alakazam is at least active enough to help out Blazikin, the two would make a strong combination, worthy of an A+ rank at least.

Chazm: The esteemed Magearna user, Chazm has become a solid MnM player overall, landing him an A- ranking. Without another user to help him with testing and building however, his ranking has not risen above A-.

The Consort: The 20 minute pickup from TI at the end of the draft, The Consort is an AAA player that is slightly below the rest, and is given a B ranking. With Cookiekins to help him, his ranking is slightly elevated to a B+, but still not as competitive as the stronger AAA starters.

4/5. The Buyer Bewears - ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab

USUM AG: PurpleGatorade - S-(A+)
USUM AG: Pigeons - A+(A)
USUM BH: SL42 - B+(B)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Osra/Iron Crusher/Emperor - S(S)(A)(B+)
USUM MnM: MultiAmmiratore - B+(B+)
USUM AAA: ihhca - B+(B+)

Player Breakdown:
PurpleGatorade: Coming off an extremely impressive undefeated record in UPL, Purple is looking stronger than ever. With his versatile playstyle, he earns the A+ ranking. Furthermore, with Pigeons to support him with teambuilding, Purple further goes into an S- ranking.

Pigeons: As the only Anything Goes RO to play in this iteration of the OMPL, Pigeons is looking strong, earning him a solid A ranking. With purple’s team support and help, he climbs to an A+ ranking as a whole.

Osra: A well-seasoned 1v1 veteran, Osra has made a name for herself over the years, winning many tournaments and managing high ranking accounts on the ladder. Her lack of any certain playstyle contributes to her unpredictability, making it difficult for people to predict what to bring against her, making most matches a guessing game at best. Her overall consistently strong performance has earned her the S rank.

SL42: Known for inventing very unorthodox sets, Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) (Gross name) is the only rookie BH starter in this year’s OMPL, meaning he’s an underdog in a tour filled with more experienced opponents, giving him the B rating. With not much but a middling BH Open run to his name, not many are sold on his ability to keep up with the pack, so this will be a good opportunity for him to prove himself as a player. He’ll no doubt have support from veteran BH teammate sugarhigh and his manager ScarfWynaut, elevating his B rank to a B+.

Iron Crusher: Somewhat of an enigma within the 1v1 community, Iron Crusher has been somewhat inactive as of recent days. Earlier within the generation, he managed multiple alts at high ranks on the ladder using his famous standard-with-a-twist kinds of balanced teams, and recently managed solid performance in the 1v1 Premier League. His multiple strong, balanced teams, and unpredictability as he switches them up has earned him his A rank as a 1v1 player.

Emperor: A well-known veteran from the older days of Gen 6 1v1. Emperor hasn’t been overly active in the modern day 1v1 metagame, and has gotten noticeably rusty as a result, often still relying on Gen 6 teams. If he started honing his skills and building teams to de-rust himself, he may just manage to climb back to the success that made him well-known in the first place, but for now, his rusted skills put him at B+ at best.

Osra + Iron Crusher + Emperor: These three have never worked together before, which will take some getting used to. Their cohesiveness is also hindered by the factor of difficult time zones that make it so that they cannot communicate very well at all. Even despite all that, the three of them pooling their knowledge and skills together easily earns them an S as a 1v1 unit.

MultiAmmiratore: A relatively new face in the Mix & Mega scene, Multi has performed admirably in recent MnM tournaments, even reaching the finals of this year’s MnM Open with an impressive run. However, his inexperience in team tours may prove to be his downfall. He likely also will not have much assistance thanks to the lack of MnM mains on the roster, so he earns a B+ rank.

Ihhca: The Bewears suffer from lacking a true AAA main and as such it’s predicted that ihhca will be their main AAA player. Whilst he’s by no means a slouch when it comes to battling, denoted by his B+ ranking, only time will tell if his AAA inexperience will be exploited.

3. The Hydrophobic Hydreigons - Chloe
Cumulative Score: 43

USUM AG: Zenithial - A(A-)
USUM AG: GRNBLN - A(A-)
USUM BH: Jasprose - A(B+)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Kentari/UnleashOurPassion - S(S)(S)
USUM MnM: M’joe’ra - A-(B+)
USUM AAA: Funbot28 - A(A-)

Leading off with a questionable draft strategy in drafting 2 1v1 players, Chloe managed to continue to create a formidable a team. A key is the AG support that she’ll be able to provide, allowing her AG core to be competitive against the other strong AG cores. Overall, the Hydreigons have a solid draft and are certainly not easy to best.

Player Breakdown:
Zenithial: As one of the best gen 7 ladder players and has had decent performance in tours, Zenithial is a solid player in general, landing him an A- ranking. Fortunately, with Chloe and GRNBLN to help him with building, his overall ranking gets boosted to A.

GRNBLN: Similar to Zenithial, GRNBLN is one of the most solid players as well. He has a variety of playstyles, yet doesn’t have deep tournament runs, landing him as an A-. However, given Chloe and Zenithial’s support, GRNBLN can patch up his weaknesses, giving him an A ranking overall.

Jasprose: A user that is extremely solid in tours in general, jasprose is known to always bring the best surprises (fleur cannon pdon). He has won last year’s BH open in style and performed admirably in OMPL V, winning against the likes of morogrim, aki0s and Halliday. However, he has become inactive since and hasn’t played BH much since. As such, he only achieves the B+ ranking individually. However, with Halliday this time to back him up, his overall ranking goes to an A.

Kentari: The best example of an anti-player in the 1v1 community. On ladder, he struggles against lower-ranked players, due to their lacking predictability, but thrives against forward-thinking players, thus resulting in him having one of the best and most consistent tournament records out of anyone in the 1v1 community. Due to his skill at beating competent players, Kentari easily earns himself an S rank.

UnleashOurPassion: One of the biggest names in 1v1, UnleashOurPassion started his climb to fame in the earlier era of SM 1v1, being one of the first and few people to peak the ladder and consistently maintain that peak. The handful of sets that he made in that time blew up in popularity, resulting in the overwhelming number of Durant that exist, as well as Icium-Z on Kyurem-Black, before it got banned. As a player, UnleashOurPassion is a very analytical threat, though can often be over-analytical, and even sacrificial in order to get an idea of what he’s dealing with. This over-analytical battling style would push him down to an A+ rank on its own, but at his best, he has shown S rank potential. UnleashOurPassion has also struggled with inactivity and disappearing before, even having to be subbed out of the 1v1 Premier League Finals for an unknown personal reason.

Kentari + UnleashOurPassion: These two have also worked together before, Kentari being the manager of a finalist team in 1v1 Premier League with UnleashOurPassion as a team member. The two are often online in the 1v1 Room at the same time, so their overall interaction should be pretty cohesive at this point. With two of the best 1v1 players in the metagame working together on a team, they’ve easily earned being S rank as a 1v1 unit.

M’joe’ra: A veteran player, M’joe’ra has remained consistently strong in the Mix & Mega scene. His solid playstyle and creative cores will be even stronger with his fantastic support of In The Hills and Vhayle, two players who also excel at building and using bulkier builds. M’joe’ra is known to use certain pokemon on almost every team so it will be interesting to see how he prepares and plays accordingly for OMPL. Although his consistency is undeniable, M’joe’ra hasn’t done anything major in the tournament scene since his win in a Mix & Mega tour back in SM and hasn’t participated in many tours to begin with so for now, he earns a B+ ranking. However, with In The Hills and Vhayle to help him prepare, he is an A- threat.

Funbot28: Known as one of the best overall well rounders, Funbot28 alone is a formidable threat in AAA, landing her an A- ranking. Compounding this, Funbot also has asef to help her build and prepare, giving her an elevated ranking of A+.

2. The Hellborn Heliolisks - drampa's grandpa & OM room
Cumulative Score: 44

USUM AG: Fardin - S-(S-)
USUM AG: iLlama - A-(B)
USUM BH: GL Volkner - A-(B+)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Freddy Kyogre/motogp - A+(A)(A)
USUM MnM: stresh - S-(A+)
USUM AAA: Adrian Marin - A(A-)

Starting the draft off with a bang by drafting Fardin for 15.5k, the Heliolisks continued with an increasingly successful draft. Snagging arguable the best MnM player and having solid picks every other tier, OM Room and drampa’s grandpa certainly have a squad to beat.

Player Breakdown:
Fardin: As one of the top AG players with a variety of teams, Fardin claims the S- ranking, falling only behind HunterStorm. However, as he will likely be the one giving instead of receiving team support, Fardin’s ranking will remain at S-.

iLlama: A solid AG player, iLlama was given individually the B ranking. Fardin will be able to supply Llama with team building support however, significantly boosting his ranking to A-.

GL Volkner: The ever popular VoltDarkrai has yet to had a significant deep run in tours, giving him the B+ ranking. Despite a poor performance in OMPL V, losing the most out of any player across all metas, he has both improved and maintained an active presence in the BH community since, making him a more formidable opponent than last year. Given Adrian will be able to help prep and test, his ranking has been upgraded to A-.

Freddy Kyogre: Once considered an underdog, Freddy managed to turn some heads in the 1v1 Premier League, managing wins against great players like MaceMaster, Kentari, Baleblaze, and more. Since then, Freddy has additionally gotten noticeably higher ranks on ladder, and better overall performances in room tournaments. He’s used only a handful of teams so frequently that they’ve then come to be known as “Freddy” teams, putting him on comparable levels to The Dark Alakazam. If he built more teams, Freddy Kyogre could likely hit higher ranks, but for now, he manages a very solid A rank.

Motogp: Motogp has been a solid player ever since starting during the SM era, such to the extent that he was deemed worthy of being staff in the 1v1 Room, as well as managing his own team for the 1v1 Premier League. Motogp puts forth overall solid results when it comes to ladder and tournaments, though has never really excelled at either. As a player, Motogp makes many strong, balanced teams, though often struggles at guessing the right Pokemon to pick at team preview. Motogp’s strong teams and how he varies up their usage to avoid being predictable manages to pull him up to a respectable A rank.

Freddy Kyogre + Motogp: These two have never really worked together before, and can sometimes be abrasive towards each other, particularly when it comes to disputing who “should have” won a battle. Motogp’s teambuilding skills combined with Freddy Kyogre’s playing skills could make for a deadly combination worthy of S- or even S rank, but on account of their teamwork skills, it would be more accurate to put them at A+ rank.

Xavgb: Xavgb, otherwise known as stresh, has recently established himself as one of the best MnM players, giving him the rank of A+. Compounding this, he has Fardin to help build and test, bolstering his overall ranking to S-.

Adrian Marin: The stall master himself can be predictable in terms of team choice, but certainly has the skill to back it up, giving him the A- ranking. Fortunately, the team is loaded with AAA talent, including Laxpras and Shiloh, allowing Adrian to climb to an A ranking.

1. The Hotshot Honchkrows - Jrdn & Snaquaza
Cumulative Score: 48

USUM AG: Catalystic - A+(A)
USUM AG: Holy Break - A+(A)
USUM BH: MAMP - A+(A)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Landon/MaceMaster/TheShadowClaw - S(S-)(A+)(A-)
USUM MnM: Andyboy500 - A(A-)
USUM AAA: Plas - A(B+)

While not completely outstanding on their own, the Honchkrows find themselves taking the top of the power rankings due to being solid in most metas, only arguably being weak in AAA. jrdn being a manager helps the team’s AAA and MnM slots quite a bit as well, bolstering their viability there. Unfortunately, Catalystic is gone for a few weeks so we’ll see how that plays out for the team but overall they should be set.

Player Breakdown:
Catalystic: Cata has been one of the top Ag players for quite some time now, and has also turned into an outstanding overall OM player. In terms of sheer in-battle ability he is as good as anyone. Overall ability he is an A and with Holy break and the rest of the guys help with building and tests he gets boosted to A+.

Holy Break: Holy Break is similar to cata in the fact that he is excellent in terms of in battle playing ability, which was highlighted in his winter seasonal victory. Where he may fall short a bit is in his building as he often uses others teams. That does not mean he is not a capable builder however, he may just like to use others builds. Overall ability he earns an A and could exceed this with good help in prep from his team, giving him an A+.

MAMP: Having participated in many OMPLs and even winning OMGS I’s BH Open, MAMP’s BH experience is undeniably vast, despite quitting (MANY) times. Despite not participating in this year’s BH Open, MAMP frequently ladders and plays in forum tours where her rare mix of creative teambuilding and battling skills are put on display. She also is one of the few veteran BH players in this tour who isn’t rusty. Preparing for MAMP will no doubt be troublesome. As such, MAMP is awarded an A rank. It’s to be expected that Pikachuun will assist MAMP with testing and building, so their combined rank is boosted to an A+.

UBERLandon21: One of the consistently best players of the metagame, Landon has put forth very strong results both on ladder and in tournaments. Landon likes experimenting around with unique teams or combinations of Pokemon that you wouldn’t see on a regular basis, which makes it really difficult to guess as to which team he will use next. He’s also very good at predicting opponent picks at team preview, as well as other similar guess-based scenarios, making him an all-around threat for 1v1 worthy of S rank.

MaceMaster: An eccentric 1v1 set builder; MaceMaster has made a name for himself by bringing viability to Pokemon otherwise considered unviable, with examples being Vigoroth, Dustox, and various unconventional sets on conventional Pokemon. As a player, MaceMaster seemingly has a finite number of viable teams, despite all the sets he has made, in addition to only having average performance rates on ladder and in tournaments. Through raw setbuilding prowess alone, MaceMaster manages to pull himself up to an A+ rank.

TheShadowClaw: A player who would have been otherwise negligible if it weren’t for his strong performances in the two most recent 1v1 tournaments: going undefeated in 1v1 Premier League versus high-ranking players like Blazikin and Kentari as well as making it all the way to the semifinals in the 1v1 Spring Seasonal before being eliminated. TheShadowClaw’s characteristic of preparing for opponents beyond just using teams he’s done well with on ladder makes him a strong threat to be afraid of, both as a standalone opponent and as a supporting teammate of your opponent, earning him his A- rank as a powerful tournament player.

UBERLadon21 + MaceMaster + TheShadowClaw: These three barely interact beyond all being roomauth of the 1v1 Room, though can all combine very effectively with their separate characteristics in how TheShadowClaw pinpoints weaknesses in opponent’s teams, how MaceMaster is capable of optimizing sets, and how Landon is just plain good at making guesses in actually using these teams, thus earning them an S rank, if they collaborate and use all their best traits in this way.

Andyboy500: The self proclaimed esteemed MnM webs user, Andyboy is an extremely strong player, landing him the A- rank. Furthermore, with Jrdn and others to help him increase his MnM team selection, his ranking further improves to an A.

Plas: An esteemed tours player that made AAA Open finals this year, Plas is certainly solid as an AAA draft, landing him a rating of B+. However, the thing that held him back the most, team choice, is certainly not a problem on the Honchkrows. With Jrdn and Geerat both supplying their ideas, Plas has a plethora of teams to use in OMPL. This gives him the A adjusted ranking in AAA.
will this book also be available on amazon

ok. while i can't compete with the greatest rankings by coasts, i will try. the teams are really close this year. there is no op team; all the teams have flaws. i'll judge which team has the least flaws.

1- honchkrows - strong aaa/mnm/1v1, good bh, decent ag. have to take into account cata will be absent for a lot of the ompl. with jrdn's support, this team looks the strongest.

2 - heliolisks - strong everything but weak ag. fardin is hit/miss. and i don't think anybody other than fardin ranks illama.

3 - blisseys - strong bh, good 1v1/ag/mnm. biggest flaw is the lack of a recognizable aaa starter.

4 - jolteons - strong ag, decent bh/1v1, doesn't have an aaa main, it11 rusty af. early weeks will be tough for the jolteons. but i think over time, some of their rusty players would be able to get back into form.

5 - hydreigons - strong 1v1, good bh, decent everywhere else. chloe's support will be vital here as mnm/ag are weak spots. aesf is a solid aaa player but might need time to get back into pokemon.

6 - rayquazas - there's some good names on this team but there's a severe lack of depth. can the managers provide enough support? probably not.

7 - bewears - strong 1v1, decent everywhere else but lacking an aaa main. it's not an amazing team but sl is one of the better bh players, multi is a good tour player, and ihhca is good in general.

8 - talonflames - this is quite possibly the worst draft i've seen. qt can only do so much. also, monotype isn't an om anymore.

when you talk about 1v1 players on every team but deg's...man that 1v1 user must be a JOKE R

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)