Tournament OMPL VII - Playoffs & TieBreaker

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Art by h_n_g_m_n
Other Metagames Premier League VII
- Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 -

- Finals -

- Information Thread | Roster | Schedule | Standings | Replays | Usage Stats | Records -
Commencement Thread
How this works
There are 8 teams this year. Each team will have have 6 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 80k credits that managers receive during the auction. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.​
The tier lineup this year is as follows:​
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. Apart from where it is explicitly mentioned (1 and 4 above), the result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.​

Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in whichthe round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").​
Playoffs:​
Each team will play one another for seven weeks. Based on the final standings, the top 4 teams will enter a Playoffs Round to determine the teams appearing in the finals.​
Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).​

Tiebreaker Rules: The most played meta from usage stats plus one metagame picked by each manager will give a best-of-three game between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who goes onto finals. The three games must be different formats, i.e. the remaining two games cannot be the same as the most played metagame, and must be from the list above. Since Anything Goes is likely to be chosen by usage, the decision to play Bo3 or Bo1 is left upto the players' discretion (here, bo3 is by default)

Substitutes
Substitutes are to be used in the case of "extenuating circumstances" which are unavoidable, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. Moreover, they should generally not be used with a tactical purpose of creating confusion in an opponent's team. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and I find explanations unsatisfactory, I still reserve the right to veto them.​

Trades
If teams wish to conduct a trade, both managers (or assistant managers if the manager is not present) MUST PM E4 Flint on the FORUMS to have the trade be official. No trades may occur after the conclusion of week 2. A traded player may only feature in the round after they have been traded.​

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on VM walls, plain and simple:​
  • If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.​
Use these VM's to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!
Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to Other Metagame Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​
All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.​

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.​
Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, in exactly the same order as laid out above. I will post instructions about sending the lineup for next week later this week.​

Matchups
The Head Honchkrows
(Jrdn & TheCoastsOfToast) - [1][5] - The Klink Shamers (Chloe & Pigeons)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes - PurpleGatorade vs GRNBLN
USUM Almost Any Ability - rozes vs motherlove
USUM Balanced Hackmons - sugarhigh vs GL Volkner
USUM Mix and Mega - Catalystic vs Chazm
USUM STABmons - skysolo14 vs Plas
USUM ZeroUsed - TJ vs a fruitshop owner

The Five-Star Jolteons
(Ransei & snow) - [3][3] - The Temper Tyrantrums (drampa's grandpa & OM room)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes - Skarph vs Zenithial
USUM Almost Any Ability - Racool vs itsKimbo
USUM Balanced Hackmons - HeadsILoseTailsYouWin vs jasprose
USUM Mix and Mega - maroon vs TectonicDestroyer
USUM STABmons - w0rd vs Official Fissure
USUM ZeroUsed - EviGaro vs 5gen

---
~ Deadline ~
11:59 PM (UTC -12) on August 18th, 2019
--------------------------------------------------

>Tiebreaker<
The Five-Star Jolteons
(Ransei & snow) - [2][1] - The Temper Tyrantrums (drampa's grandpa & OM room)

USUM Balanced Hackmons - Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) vs Chessking345
USUM ZeroUsed - EviGaro vs 5gen (coinflip)
~ Deadline ~
11:59 PM (UTC -12) on August 25th, 2019

Last edited by a moderator:
The Head Honchkrows (Jrdn & TheCoastsOfToast) - [][] - The Klink Shamers (Chloe & Pigeons)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes - PurpleGatorade vs GRNBLN - ag so i'm basically tossing a coin
USUM Almost Any Ability - rozes vs motherlove - motherlove hasn't had a convincing run this ompl. rozes on the other hand looks unstoppable with jrdn.
USUM Balanced Hackmons - sugarhigh vs GL Volkner - sugarhigh has done surprisingly well but i can't not support gl volkner
USUM Mix and Mega - Catalystic vs Chazm - cata has done poorly whereas chazm beat andy
USUM STABmons - aesf vs Plas - another krows member looking unstoppable with jrdn
USUM ZeroUsed - TJ vs a fruitshop owner - he lost when they played earlier but fruitshop is on a good run these last couple weeks

The Five-Star Jolteons (Ransei & snow) - [][] - The Temper Tyrantrums (drampa's grandpa & OM room)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes - Skarph vs Zenithial - it's zenithial
USUM Almost Any Ability - Racool vs itsKimbo - racool is far from rusty in august
USUM Balanced Hackmons - HeadsILoseTailsYouWin vs jasprose - has had a much more convincing ompl
USUM Mix and Mega - maroon vs TectonicDestroyer - tectonic is the better mnm player
USUM STABmons - w0rd vs Official Fissure - word is the better mons player and is getting back to his old form
USUM ZeroUsed - EviGaro vs 5gen - i'm supporting jolteons so this makes it 4-2

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Head Honchkrows (Jrdn & TheCoastsOfToast) - [5][1] - The Klink Shamers (Chloe & Pigeons)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes - PurpleGatorade vs GRNBLN - havent watched a ton of AG so far from what little I’ve seen I know pg has been struggling but I have faith that he’ll win
USUM Almost Any Ability - rozes vs motherlove - jrdn teams don’t lose aaa.
USUM Balanced Hackmons - sugarhigh vs GL Volkner - both been bringing fire but sugar will win with some bs and volt is a COWARD
USUM Mix and Mega - Catalystic vs Chazm - Chazm is better but don’t underestimate Cata’s ability to tryhard as fuck. Cata takes this if he doesn’t get haxed tbh
USUM STABmons - aesf vs Plas - aesf best STAB player ez going for that 8-1 record
USUM ZeroUsed - TJ vs a fruitshop owner - this game is actually pretty exciting from my limited ZU knowledge. Both players I hadn’t really heard of in ZU before ompl but have both been bringing heat. Gonna go w fruitshop only because his games were more memorable to me but I’m excited to watch

The Five-Star Jolteons (Ransei & snow) - [4][2] - The Temper Tyrantrums (drampa's grandpa & OM room)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes - Skarph vs Zenithial - both former teammates and AG goats, gotta give it to Zenithial for having an even better OMPL run than geerat (12-1 between the last two) which nobody seems to be talking about. Truly an impressive player right here (still love you too skarph)
USUM Almost Any Ability - Racool vs itsKimbo - matchup fishing god vs someone who can’t get a good matchup to save their life... going with Racool here
USUM Balanced Hackmons - HeadsILoseTailsYouWin vs jasprose - probably one of the closer matchups to me, both players have done pretty well so far. SL42 and Chessking supports means we’re sure to see wack teams regardless
USUM Mix and Mega - maroon vs TectonicDestroyer - neither player has really been convincing to me so far so this is kind of a coin toss to me. tect will crack under the pressure of playoffs because maroon isn’t gonna let him hide the game.
USUM STABmons - w0rd vs Official Fissure - why are the stab matchups so HEAT dear god. fissure/dr blowjob core and w0rd have both been bringing nice ass techs this whole time, but I’m gonna give this one to w0rd, who’s been on a roll lately as opposed to fissure’s last few losses (luxray roar tho)
USUM ZeroUsed - EviGaro vs 5gen - EVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII that’s all i got

Last edited:

king koin lol

USUM STABmons - aesf vs Plas

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Now that the regular season is wrapped up I figured I'd do some analysis. I stole this method of analysis from this post by Laxpras in OMPL V, and I did a big post with it last year too which I can no longer find. Oh well.

This method of analysis is essentially looking at cost per win. I took the amount spent on an individual player and the number of wins they got and figured out how much it cost the team per win. I have figured out several averages (the median player, the mean amount spent, and the theoretical mean if every team spent all 80k given the same number of players) and attempted to determine which buys were worth it and which not. Personally I prefer the theoretical amount spent as that last amount of money left over doesn't really matter in the draft, and in practice often just gets tacked onto a last buy.

In order to 'justify' your buy (be above average) your cost per win needed to be below
Median: 3708.333333
Mean (actual): 3791.666667
Mean (theoretical): 3809.52381

Nobody actually fell between the two different methods of calculating the mean so that's unimportant. A couple people fell between the mean and the median, and I'll point out where those spots are in the data.

And here's how everyone did in the regular season, sorted by lowest/best cost per win to highest!
#PlayerTeamPriceWinsRatio
1TectonicDestroyerTyr30004750
2a fruitshop ownerKlin400041000
3TJKrow300031000
4DurzaOffTopicSob300031000
5Dj Breloominati♬Blis400031333.333333
6HeadsILoseTailsYouWinJolt400031333.333333
7aesfKrow800061333.333333
8PinkDragonTamerMag400031333.333333
9BaconEatinAssassinBlis300021500
10maroonJolt450031500
11GRNBLNKlin300021500
12rozesKrow800051600
13CamMag650032166.666667
14HunterStormRay1100052200
15PlasKlin450022250
16Velvet BloodSob450022250
17ZenithialTyr1150052300
185genTyr700032333.333333
19Dr. Phd. BJTyr700032333.333333
20GarbodorIsHot (Skarph)Jolt950042375
21MegazardMag950042375
22Quantum TesseractSob950042375
23RacoolJolt1250052500
24skysolo14Krow500022500
25PurpleGatoradeKrow800032666.666667
26TonyFlygonRay800032666.666667
27Official FissureTyr800032666.666667
28EviGaroJolt850032833.333333
29HavensBlis300013000
30SectoniaServantJolt300013000
31YamiJolt300013000
32SuperSkylakeMag300013000
33Marsopa Trump & Test RexMag300013000
34AkashiRay1200043000
35w0rdJolt1250043125
36jasproseTyr650023250
37ChazmKlin1650053300
38Hassin627Klin350013500
39TerracottaSob350013500
40BetathunderRay1100033666.666667
-MEDIAN---3708.333333
41Arushi (pichus)Klin750023750
-MEAN (end of above average buys)----
42Sylveon.Mag1600044000
43sugarhighKrow1700044250
44In The HillsBlis1300034333.333333
45laxRay900024500
46vivalosprideSob450014500
47motherloveKlin1450034833.333333
48FinchinatorRay1450034833.333333
49xavgbMag1950044875
50KuraiTenshi26Klin500015000
51MAMPBlis2100045250
52GL VolknerKlin1750035833.333333
53SabellaSob1200026000
54EienSob600016000
55XayahTyr600016000
56HamhamhamhamBlis1300026500
57AndyboyBlis2000036666.666667
58LPYMag11000111000
59Zesty43Tyr12000112000
60ThimoSob13500113500
61CatalysticKrow15000115000
62Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request)Jolt19500119500
63SitonaiBlis30000#DIV/0!
64ChaitanyaJolt30000#DIV/0!
65nyan katRay30000#DIV/0!
66CharmflashRay30000#DIV/0!
67CynaraRay30000#DIV/0!
68Chessking345Tyr30000#DIV/0!
69lotiasiteTyr30000#DIV/0!
70cromagnet42Mag35000#DIV/0!
71ShibaKlin40000#DIV/0!
72Gmansour20Mag40000#DIV/0!
73EternalSnowmanSob40000#DIV/0!
74BouffSob45000#DIV/0!
75a loserKrow50000#DIV/0!
76DonnotheFirstRay55000#DIV/0!
77czimSob60000#DIV/0!
78RawMelonKrow95000#DIV/0!
79itsKimboTyr100000#DIV/0!
80tzopSob105000#DIV/0!

Congratulations to TectonicDestroyer on being the best buy for the regular season this OMPL!

Also special shoutout to Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) because, as always, your name is way too long and makes the boxes in my spreadsheet longer than they should have to be >:(

Here's the spreadsheet I calculated all of this in. It's not really set up for ease of reading, just for my use, but feel free to peruse. If you find any errors please let me know so I can correct them, but you would probably see those in the number of wins above.

One thing Laxpras did in 2017 which I did not do last year was calculate the R value for the buys, which essentially means calculate how correlated prices and wins were. I don't really know enough about stats to explain it any better than that, but I have a calculator for it so...

The greater the value the greater the correlation. A negative number indicates a negative correlation, but I don't expect to see that here (that would essentially mean your cheap picks get more wins than your top picks). Values range from -1 to 1.

Overall: .4514
Blisseys: 0.7177
Jolteons: 0.3269
Klinks: 0.6274
Honchkrows: 0.0596
Magearna: 0.6864
Mega Rays: 0.8635
Tyrantrums: 0.2232
Sobbels: 0.11

A low correlation isn't necessarily something to be ashamed of, nor a high one something to be proud of. Or vice versa. It's good to pick up low price players who will pick up wins. Notably the two teams with the lowest correlations were the team that came in first for the regular season (Honchkrows) and the team that came in last for the same period (Sobbles). This is more a way of judging how well we managers as a whole can judge, predict, and draft appropriately those who will do well.

Now this method is clearly not perfect. A 1-0 record is way better than a 1-6 record but this method of analysis would treat them as the same thing. It also doesn't touch on more intangible aspects of being part of a team like building / testing assistance, ability to act as a sub, or cheerleading (it matters). You should also know that this analysis is about how good a buy someone is, not how good a player they are. It's easy to see who played the best by looking at records; this is about who justified the amount spent on them.

I was speaking with jrdn earlier this evening. I told him that technically his best buy was TJ, and he told me in spite of what the data says, aesf is the mvp frontrunner of the team, and with the most wins in this iteration of OMPL I'm inclined to agree. So another issue with this type of analysis is this; managers don't particularly need to be thrifty when spending in the draft. Every manager spends within 3k of their 80k maximum, so buying a bunch of cheaper options who will win one or two games isn't necessarily as good as buying a more expensive player who will reliably win 4, 5, 6, or even 7 games.

The last part of this analysis is the most boring part. The teams. Why is this boring? Each team spends the same amount, and all this really tells us, shocker, is that teams that win more tend to do better.
I got lazy but honestly you can literally look at which teams won the most and that's basically the same thing.

In conclusion... I doubt anyone has read this far, and I don't have a conclusion. Go Tyrantrums!

Last edited:
Ti's predicts suck so here are my biweekly. We're out now so I'm gonna destroy this coin

USUM STABmons - aesf vs Plas

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
All of these predicts are lame and gmansour told me he liked my predicts so my passion is burning brighter than ever before to shitpost and amuse literally nobody but myself with these

The Head Honchkrows (Jrdn & TheCoastsOfToast) - [][] - The Klink Shamers (Chloe & Pigeons)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes - PurpleGatorade vs GRNBLN - grnbln is p fun to say out loud but idk him well and purplegatorade has been my friend for a long time, so grnbln is the clear choice here b/c friendship is for fuckin pussies
USUM Almost Any Ability - rozes vs motherlove - idk rozes well at all but motherlove beat me and im the best aaa player of all time, p sure that's the EXACT thing I said last week but whatever.
USUM Balanced Hackmons - sugarhigh vs GL Volkner - whoever haxes more will win, or even if volty haxes way more but sugarhigh haxes literally at all he'll still win.
USUM Mix and Mega - Catalystic vs Chazm - Now that andyman the handyman is out I will move my hatred towards discount andy (Catalystic). Catalystic got his ass beat last week after bringing 5 mons and a bird to a mons battle and on top of that his prs are literally garbo mcgee.
USUM STABmons - aesf vs Plas - every day I challenge aesf to over 9000 aaa games and I lose 97% of them. This man preps more than the rest of this whole tour combined and it's a crime he's been slept on this long.
USUM ZeroUsed - TJ vs a fruitshop owner - fruitman drafted me for zupl and has shown more belief in me as a player than any of my ompl manager friends. TJ is cool but fruitman is ohana and ohana means family, obligatory go zupl friend safari pokemon trainers and pls free chess room nui

The Five-Star Jolteons (Ransei & snow) - [][] - The Temper Tyrantrums (drampa's grandpa & OM room)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes - Skarph vs Zenithial - i did !pick and it landed on skarph but I'm actually a zenithial alt so im picking him anyways
USUM Almost Any Ability - Racool vs itsKimbo - Racool finally lost a game but the records speak for themselves. I'm a racool believer but I also believe kimboboy is better than whatever record he currently has. However I CANNOT forget my roots, racool drafted me on the SQUAD for a mock and I shan't betray her now!!!
USUM Balanced Hackmons - HeadsILoseTailsYouWin vs jasprose - I believe it will be a close game but anna's strategy to talk about their whole game plan in game chat will prove to be their shortcoming if jasprose is literate. So the whole outcome of this battle falls on jasp's reading ability's shoulders.
USUM Mix and Mega - maroon vs TectonicDestroyer - ah the mnm tier overlords finally meet in battle. Nobody expected these people to consistently win but they did anyways and I believe tectonic will win and claim his throne of the best mnm player of our generation once and for all.
USUM STABmons - w0rd vs Official Fissure - I was forced to bet against word a few times out of fear for my life but word is the word so I shall return to stanning him.
USUM ZeroUsed - EviGaro vs 5gen - idk 5gen personally, but evi was ranked 7th or some shit in cata's asscheese pr, which is BOLOGNA. Gl getting drafted in snake now dumbass cata!!! Anyways evi will win as BW ZU TL.

TheCoastsOfToast grow up.

Last edited:

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
tfw your opposing team forgets that you got drafted
[20:43:48] Chessking345: Can you test with me for OMPL
[20:44:01] SectoniaServant: aren't you on tyrantrums
[20:44:05] Chessking345: Yeah why?
[20:44:08] SectoniaServant: ....
[20:44:14] Chessking345: ?
[20:44:19] SectoniaServant: i'm the teammate of your opponent....
[20:44:22] Chessking345: Wait
[20:44:30] Chessking345: You were drafted?
[20:44:34] SectoniaServant: ..............
[20:44:35] Chessking345: You are on Jolteons?
[20:44:37] SectoniaServant: yes......
[20:44:41] Chessking345: Oh
[20:44:44] Chessking345: Nvm then

i hope the jolteons destroy the tyrantrums for this offense against me

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
tfw your opposing team forgets that you got drafted
[20:43:48] Chessking345: Can you test with me for OMPL
[20:44:01] SectoniaServant: aren't you on tyrantrums
[20:44:05] Chessking345: Yeah why?
[20:44:08] SectoniaServant: ....
[20:44:14] Chessking345: ?
[20:44:19] SectoniaServant: i'm the teammate of your opponent....
[20:44:22] Chessking345: Wait
[20:44:30] Chessking345: You were drafted?
[20:44:34] SectoniaServant: ..............
[20:44:35] Chessking345: You are on Jolteons?
[20:44:37] SectoniaServant: yes......
[20:44:41] Chessking345: Oh
[20:44:44] Chessking345: Nvm then

i hope the jolteons destroy the tyrantrums for this offense against me
I’m honestly impressed Chessking even knows what OMPL is, give him some credit

Dr. Phd. BJ

aphasia
is a defending SCL Champion
OMPL Champion
I decided that I'm not going to hold back on predictions this week, so if you get offended maybe you should get good at mons ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes - PurpleGatorade vs GRNBLN - Still don't fw cappers, and I saw a replay from like a year or two ago and basically GRNBLN lost to an ou team in ag so I have to flame them for getting swept by a mega-gyara when they had fairy-arc. PG had a nice little run going until they were forced to use honch in ag week 7
USUM Almost Any Ability - rozes vs motherlove - The rozes ghosting scandal of the past proves that he will do whatever it takes to win, and jrdn + aesf should be good enough to ghost, whereas if I predict against ml I'm just going to live with ml trying to guilt for their reaction score. Ml will probably just use another pigeons team or smth and lose, so it's an easy pick really
USUM Balanced Hackmons - sugarhigh vs GL Volkner -
GL Volkner ͜..: yes
GL Volkner ͜..: predict against me
GL Volkner ͜..: you goon
Clearly we can see a peasant that wants me to pick the opponent to win, so to mitigate my blessing we simply can't forget about when volk went for 9500 and didn't win a game in ompl back in the day. sugarhigh has also shown that he is capable of beating anybody in bh whether he is sober or not
USUM Mix and Mega - Catalystic vs Chazm - Cata lets me down seemingly every week, and only has a win vs Tony... in MnM. I will say Cata outplayed Cam that one stab game, but it came down to a speed tie (which Cam won), which kinda blows but it doesn't fit the narrative of Cata being disappointing or Cam getting haxed so just ignore the last couple of lines. Also every time I pick against chazm I always short change him of how good he is, also has a nice voice on podcast zzzz
USUM STABmons - aesf vs Plas - aesf has clearly been on another level, and idk if there's much Plas can do to stop him. Normally I'd look at the fact that his manager is pigeons and that stall could get pulled out, but it's STABmons so das tuff. I will say Plas has been okay, bc clearly he wasn't good enough to be in aaa after week 1
USUM ZeroUsed - TJ vs a fruitshop owner - I wish I was able to get this up earlier in the week, but I still probably would've picked the afo. afo won some seasonal, won 4 in a row before TJ (I think), and beat my team in ZU. On the other hand, TJ has had a couple of rough mu losses but has looked solid, but I would've given the edge to afo here. Easy to say now but w/e.

go team

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I decided that I'm not going to hold back on predictions this week, so if you get offended maybe you should get good at mons ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes - PurpleGatorade vs GRNBLN - Still don't fw cappers, and I saw a replay from like a year or two ago and basically GRNBLN lost to an ou team in ag so I have to flame them for getting swept by a mega-gyara when they had fairy-arc. PG had a nice little run going until they were forced to use honch in ag week 7
USUM Almost Any Ability - rozes vs motherlove - The rozes ghosting scandal of the past proves that he will do whatever it takes to win, and jrdn + aesf should be good enough to ghost, whereas if I predict against ml I'm just going to live with ml trying to guilt for their reaction score. Ml will probably just use another pigeons team or smth and lose, so it's an easy pick really
USUM Balanced Hackmons - sugarhigh vs GL Volkner -
GL Volkner ͜..: yes
GL Volkner ͜..: predict against me
GL Volkner ͜..: you goon
Clearly we can see a peasant that wants me to pick the opponent to win, so to mitigate my blessing we simply can't forget about when volk went for 9500 and didn't win a game in ompl back in the day. sugarhigh has also shown that he is capable of beating anybody in bh whether he is sober or not
USUM Mix and Mega - Catalystic vs Chazm - Cata lets me down seemingly every week, and only has a win vs Tony... in MnM. I will say Cata outplayed Cam that one stab game, but it came down to a speed tie (which Cam won), which kinda blows but it doesn't fit the narrative of Cata being disappointing or Cam getting haxed so just ignore the last couple of lines. Also every time I pick against chazm I always short change him of how good he is, also has a nice voice on podcast zzzz
USUM STABmons - aesf vs Plas - aesf has clearly been on another level, and idk if there's much Plas can do to stop him. Normally I'd look at the fact that his manager is pigeons and that stall could get pulled out, but it's STABmons so das tuff. I will say Plas has been okay, bc clearly he wasn't good enough to be in aaa after week 1
USUM ZeroUsed - TJ vs a fruitshop owner - I wish I was able to get this up earlier in the week, but I still probably would've picked the afo. afo won some seasonal, won 4 in a row before TJ (I think), and beat my team in ZU. On the other hand, TJ has had a couple of rough mu losses but has looked solid, but I would've given the edge to afo here. Easy to say now but w/e.

go team
I bet you think you're hot shit

WON, GGS

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7mixandmega-961113142 (Don't watch, its a horrible game, came down to rolls, sry maroon :/ )

TYRANTRUMS RAWR X3

Huge thx to my boy Terracotta (otherwise known as Uncle Terra) for the team. And OminousDraco For some last minute testing.

P.S. On the special request of my boy maroon, I wont be hiding my next PL game for once !!!!!!!!!!
P.S.S. I want to talk about the no webs meta for a bit, might edit this post later. However, in this no webs match, I found it to be very enjoyable building actually, as a range of options were available in building, which made it extremely fun. #BANWEBS

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)