Tournament OMPL X - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader

Art by Kiwi

Hello everyone! We are pleased to announce that manager signups for OMPL X are now open. If you would like to manage, please read the following details before signing up.
  • There are 8 teams and each team will have one manager.
    • Managers can choose to signup with a co-manager.
  • Managers are required to participate in the auction to draft their players.
  • Managers will have a budget of 120k and can purchase themselves for their teams for 20k if they desire to do so.
    • Co-managers can also be purchased for the same price as managers (20k)
    • All manager purchases must be sent to the hosts (Isaiah, UT) before the draft, and all of them will be announced in the administrative thread when that goes up.
  • Managers must select their lineup for the week and send it to the hosts before the week starts. This has been an issue on occasion in past OMPLs, so if you don't think you can do this for the duration of OMPL X (it's honestly not that complicated), do not sign up.
  • Managers are responsible for their team's behavior. Make sure members of your team are abiding by the rules and remain active.
  • Managers are expected to facilitate substitutions when necessary.
If you can commit for the next two months or so, go ahead and sign up with your prospective team name. Managers will be decided within one week, after 10 PM GMT -4 on Saturday, March 19th.

TEMPLATE FOR SIGNING UP:

Team Name: The Your Mom Miltanks
Manager: Your Mom
Co-Manager: Your Mom (or type N/A if not applicable to you)
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Miltank
(Briefly explain any experience/reasoning for why you think you'd be a good pick)
If you don't use this format, we will ignore your signup.

SS Balanced Hackmons
SS Mix and Mega
SS Almost Any Ability
SS STABmons
SS NFE
SS Godly Gift
SS 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5)
SS Anything Goes

Last edited:

Isaiah

is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
I think the OP [mistakenly] gives the impression that we will be making art for the teams. We uh...aren't doing that LOL, the team mascot section is just so we know what singular Pokemon to associate with your team when putting up roster/schedule in the info/admin thread later on. If you want to get sick team logo art, you'll have to source that on your own. Sorry for the confusion!

e: Also, if everyone could elaborate (even if only briefly) why they think they would make a good manager(s), that would be ideal :]

wigglyfamily.png

Comme l'année dernière, un gros merci à Clementine pour ce logo !

Team Name: Wiggly Family
Manager: Dragonillis
Co-Manager: My friend Osake
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Wigglytuff (or Grodoudou in french)

e: Also, if everyone could elaborate (even if only briefly) why they think they would make a good manager(s), that would be ideal :]
I think I would be a good fit for a managing slot since I have already managed some teamtours like OMPL IX (with Gman :blobnom:), an iteration of UMPL, as well as WCoOMs III and IV with my friend LBDC. I've played OMs for many years and I'm knowledgeable in most OMs (except SS AG and SS 2V2) and very well acquainted with the French and global OM community.
Also, Osake is a AAA councilmember and made OMPL semis last year. wigposay.png (Unlike me lol)

wigdeter.png

Last edited:

Kate

Metamodernity
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
RBTT Champion
Team Name: The Brigadier Boldores
Manager: Kate
Co-Manager: Aberforth
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Boldore
I have a wealth of experience in the ag community, managing both ag snake and agpl. I have also successfully managed in ndpl and capcl. I'm very confident in my ability to both scout talent and bring teams together, and my connections to the OM community should aid this. Aberforth also has experience with ag, including managing in ag snake, and as a certified boomer who's been in scl, knows a great deal of people.

Last edited:

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead
Team Name: Malevolent Marshadows
Manager: Nol
Co-Manager: skooma
Team Mascot: Marshadow

Nol and I have managed in a lot of team tours together and I think we make a good couple. I have a really extensive history in OMs starting from 2016, and even winning OMPL twice in 2017 and 2021. I won a lot of team tours as well throughout this site like UPL, UMPL and AGPL once as the manager, so I think I know what it takes to win. Also have a lot of knowledge in AG and MnM, and can chip in for the rest of the metas as well for support. With Nol as well, the team environment will hopefully be great and fun for everyone.
1647195601115.png

1647195614033.png

1647195636324.png

1647195668992.png

1647195654339.png

1647195693810.png

1647195742304.png

1647195760458.png

1647195770771.png

1647195791187.png

1647195810405.png

1647195825596.png

1647195839664.png

Confirming

For better or for worse.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Team Name: The Temper Tyrantrums
Manager: drampa's grandpa OM
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Tyrantrum :tyrantrum:
Both OM and I have managed together for this tour before in OMPL VI, VII, and VIII making it to playoffs in VII and VIII, while OM managed with other excellent manager astralydia last year, again making it to playoffs. This year we're winning, so y'all better be ready :swole:
RAWR

Last edited:

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Team Name: The Temper Tyrantrums
Manager: drampa's grandpa OM
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Tyrantrum :tyrantrum:
Both OM and I have managed together for this tour before in OMPL VI, VII, and VIII making it to playoffs in VII and VIII, while OM managed with other excellent manager astralydia last year, again making it to playoffs. This year we're winning, so y'all better be ready :swole:
RAWR
Confirmed!

Team Name: The Honey Linoones
Manager: aesf
Co-Manager: Catalystic
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Linoone
Both of us have done like every big om/ag tour multiple times, with success and managing experience too. Cata is an active ag RO and im a french ladder hero so together we're knowledgeable about a lot of players who'll prob be in this. Past inactivity issues shouldnt be a concern cause of how life's worked out (catas settled down now with kids (who can take care of themselves now) and i just dropped out of school to do nfts).

Last edited:

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Team Name: LARPING LOPUNNYS
Manager: adem
Co-Manager: DerpyBoi
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): lopunnys

gm all. I personally have had a lot of prior experience managing and playing in a few team tours across Smogon ie: NDPL 2, PUWC, LCWC, and last iteration of OMSL, and a plethora of Discord PLs, where i have also won a few. I think I can create a great team enviroment, and my past teammates for sure can guarantee this. Furthermore, im well aquatinted with the AG community, and am familiar with the OM communtiy, making drafting a breeze. Derp is a popular face within OMs, being one of its top players, with a positive record as a player last OMPL. Moreover, he is incredibly in tune with the OM community, much more so that me, ensuring we will draft a solid team. He has also managed and played in numerous PLs in the past with varying success, both on Smogon and Discord side PLs. Overall, our combined experience should ensure we will make a solid team with a great team enviroment, and WIN OMPL inshallah.

Last edited:
Team Name: uh oh Kommo-o
Manager: XxSevagxX
Co-Manager: willdbeast
Team Mascot: Kommo-o

Willbeast has been in the om community for a quite a while now and has previously managed in ompl, omsl, and omwc. I on the other hand, albeit not as experienced in managing, have been involved in many facets of the OM community. I am currently Tier Leader for BH, voiced in the OM lobby room in PS, and am currently hosting a tournament. Additionally, I am well versed in BH (won BH open), and am familiar with AAA (4-0 in OMWC) and STABmons (top 6 in OMSSNL) so I feel confident in my abilities to support my team along multiple OM's. Me and willdbeast will form a good managing core, because we are able to combine his strong experience in managing team tours together with my familiarity of the OM community and extensive metagame knowledge. Additionally, willdbeast is very handsome and charming and always makes me laugh :)

Team Name: uh oh Kommo-o
Manager: XxSevagxX
Co-Manager: willdbeast
Team Mascot: Kommo-o

Willbeast has been in the om community for a quite a while now and has previously managed in ompl, omsl, and omwc. I on the other hand, albeit not as experienced in managing, have been involved in many facets of the OM community. I am currently Tier Leader for BH, voiced in the OM lobby room in PS, and am currently hosting a tournament. Additionally, I am well versed in BH (won BH open), and am familiar with AAA (4-0 in OMWC) and STABmons (top 6 in OMSSNL) so I feel confident in my abilities to support my team along multiple OM's. Me and willdbeast will form a good managing core, because we are able to combine his strong experience in managing team tours together with my familiarity of the OM community and extensive metagame knowledge. Additionally, willdbeast is very handsome and charming and always makes me laugh :)
Uh oh, confirming

Morgan

Morgius Sweep
is a Pre-Contributor
Team Name: Malding Mavericks
Manager: Morgan
Co-Manager: IBM
Mascot: Ponyta

Me and IBM have managed before when we got 2nd in 2v2PL 2. I managed 2v2 Pool League 1 and got 2nd in that too. We're the only managers who know anything about 2v2 who signed up so I would reckon that is a plus.

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 8.45.07 PM.png

Last edited:

Isaiah

UM/OM Leader
snip
If you can commit for the next two months or so, go ahead and sign up with your prospective team name. Managers will be decided within one week, after 10 PM GMT -4 on Saturday, March 19th.
snip
For the sake of making this a hard deadline to eliminate uncertainty, please make sure to post any remaining manager signups before 10p GMT -4 today (March 19th).

Last edited:
Team Name: LARPING LOPUNNYS
Manager: adem
Co-Manager: DerpyBoi
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): lopunnys

gm all. I personally have had a lot of prior experience managing and playing in a few team tours across Smogon ie: NDPL 2, PUWC, LCWC, and last iteration of OMSL, and a plethora of Discord PLs, where i have also won a few. I think I can create a great team enviroment, and my past teammates for sure can guarantee this. Furthermore, im well aquatinted with the AG community, and am familiar with the OM communtiy, making drafting a breeze. Derp is a popular face within OMs, being one of its top players, with a positive record as a player last OMPL. Moreover, he is incredibly in tune with the OM community, much more so that me, ensuring we will draft a solid team. He has also managed and played in numerous PLs in the past with varying success, both on Smogon and Discord side PLs. Overall, our combined experience should ensure we will make a solid team with a great team enviroment, and WIN OMPL inshallah.
confirming

Isaiah

UM/OM Leader
Here are the managers/teams that will be competing for this year's tournament :]

Wiggly Family - Dragonillis and Osake
Brigadier Boldores - Kate and Aberforth
Temper Tyrantrums - drampa's grandpa and OM
Honey Linoones - aesf and Catalystic
Uh Oh Kommo-os - XxSevagxX and willdbeast
Malding Mavericks - Morgan and IBM
Hammered Hawluchas - astralydia and Dr. Phd. BJ
Spinda Wheels - xavgb and in the hills

To spice things up, I have also published this year's schedule with all of the team matchups!

Thanks to everyone that signed up, and good luck to the chosen managers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)