Media One Piece (spoilers!)

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It would be a sick turn of events if Barto was trying to win the fruit for Luffy. Oda clearly hints that his character has a lot more depth than what's given at face value, hell he might not even have killed civilians, but just broadcasted fake videos as a scare tactic/hobby. I have a hard time believing that both Caribou and Barto killed civilians, but the guy who can fodderize a Vice Admiral has the lower bounty.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I think Bart is just surprised that such a big name supernova who's been MIA for 2 years has shown up here.

Anyway, not much to really say about the chapter, although that page showing Green Bitt was amazing.

I think Luffy has effected Bart's past somehow in a good way and thats what made him look worried. He doesn't seem to be the type to be afraid of names judging on how he steered the first round battle flawlessly.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
About the Zoro+Mihawk theory

Oda isn't the kind of person who'd make Zoro attack his sensei over some ambition. Everytime Zoro has been in a deathmatch there has always been some moral justification for it.

So I'm betting things reaching such a crisis point that Mihawk himself steps forward to try and stop the BB pirates but getting defeated, most probably by Shilliew and then the face-off between Zoro and Shilliew to avenge his master + attain the title of Greatest Swordsman.

First off why are you bringing this back up, no one cares. Second, the issue wasn't even about who's going to fight who, it was about NWO talking down to people for disagreeing with him.

As for the Bart thing, maybe that's just because he found out that a $400 Mil name is undercover at the tournament.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
For the first time ever I agree with DrRobotnik; NWO was just being a dick.

On the Bart topic, I said earlier in the topic that I initially thought it was a bit funny that Bart might have been talking about Luffy in the previous chapter, but later warmed to the idea that Luffy might be already motivating new pirates.

This chapter DOES NOT confirm that in anyway but certain opens that door a little wider...that didn't seem to be a caribou type evil smile face looking to kill Luffy...he seemed legitimately interested.

It of course could simply be interest in a 400 million dollar supernova, or simply respect for the same, but the idea that Luffy could be motivating new pirates already and that Bart is fighting to win the fruit for Luffy is exciting to me.

It's just like in Enies Lobby when Kokoro made the dramatic speech about Luffy's name reaching the entire world...it's progressing the story to advance Luffy's claim as pirate king (unknown pirate -> bountied pirate -> 100 mil pirate with some reknown -> 300 mil pirate that at the very least people who reach shabondy respect (but clearly not the vets in the new world) -> ???? with this part being open).

I love that. If it actually is that, we see a clear indicator noting Luffy's progression.

No offense but Luffy has been motivating kids to become purates the whole series. Nothing new. Although he might be the first to actually have become one.

EDIT: No way Bart joined the tournament to win the DF for Luffy. If he did win it, i could see him giving it to Luffy but it seems dumb to think its the reason why hes fighting. Most likely he joined the tournament in hopes of fighting strong opponents. For the hell of it really. He smiled because Luffy is supposedly strong, or at least imo.

Bart is a revo.

Dunno, I get this feeling that this is an arc that'll introduce us something more about Luffy that we don't know.

I was reading this article, and while most of them are stuff we already knew or completely stretching it;

I guess that confirms that he's really goddamn strong.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
oda is terrible with perspective sizing

there was something i saw that showed kuma as possibly between 10 - 40 ft tall

How have I not found this thread yet?! It should be a crime to my perseverance not to have found this thread with my ample use of Smogon, but moving on. I absolutely love this manga/anime it has actually managed to seized my attention for it's 500+ episodes of run time. Though i'm not going to gushing about it due to 79 pages of other people gushing about sooooo i'll just leave with a simple, A+++++++++++

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
not a terrible chapter but the thing that stuck out to me the most was that there's a break next week ..................... cool

I saw this at FB and just have to repost it:

Laser Arm
( •̀д•́)┌-☼ ────────────────

Laser Kick
(ヽ •̀д•̀)┌┛☼──────────

Yasakani No Magatama
(☼۳ •̀Д•́)۳☼ i|
ㅤㅤヽ`ヽ`、.``、ヽ`ヽ
ㅤヽㅤ、ヽヽ`ヽヽ `、ヽヽ
`ヽ`、ヽヽヽ、 ヽ`ヽ` ヽ`、ヽ
ㅤヽㅤヽ`、ヽ、ヽヽヽ`ヽヽ、ヽ
_•__ヽ_ヽ•ヽ__•ヽ、•__••_• •___ヽ_•_•

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
OK so a ton of shit is happening:
- Zoro is heading for the green bit where dofla vs law is about to go down. Law and Zoro vs Fujitora and Dofla?
- Robin and Usopp might show up w/ dwarve help later?
- A theory I have is that the marines and Dofla are working together, because the Marines are also getting SAD produced zoan fruits from him through the Black Market. (Marine Corruption!!!)

-Luffy is about to fight (do we think the mera mera plot is just to distract Luffy planned out by Dofla?)
-Rebecca is in love with a toy? Seriously? come on.... how does that even work. Hopefully she can still join the crew she seems like a good character. Maybe we'll hear their story soon that he told Franky.
-Dwarves involvement with Dofla??
- Oh yea and "team useless" is absolutely fuked so now Luffy will prob have to go save them.

Misc thoughts: Where the fuck is Kinemon? what happened with sanji??

A theory I have is that the marines and Dofla are working together, because the Marines are also getting SAD produced zoan fruits from him through the Black Market. (Marine Corruption!!!)
I severely doubt that Fujitora is corrupt, everything we know about him is pointing in the other direction.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Maybe the Dofla pirate on the Strawhat ship is going to be used to hype Chopper or Brooke like Baby 5/Buffalo were used to hype Franky? I think Law's plan is going to fall apart big time and team Momo's harem is going to be the only ones who get away, meaning we'll get to see Bepo soon. ^_^

yondie said:
- Zoro is heading for the green bit where dofla vs law is about to go down. Law and Zoro vs Fujitora and Dofla?
That would be very one sided.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)