Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
a rock type isn't the best example here because a) most are slower than mamo (except like aero which is weak to ice shard) and b) mamo isn't weak to rock lol

in the last slot, starmie in particular sounds like a fine option, because it gives you a special attacker and a lot of coverage. the standard surf/ice beam/thunderbolt/psychic should probably work

yeah uh

dont

use moves that inaccurate in the battle frontier

ever
Okay I changed hydro pump and fire blast to surf and flamethrower.
Okay, I had a browse and noticed a lot of Pokemon are unaccessible due to internet. Aside that, I am now very curious in what Pokemon will do great and work best as a team. I also just found out Starly is accessible in HG and would love to build a team based around Staraptor.

Staraptor @ Muscle Band
Ability - Intimidate/Reckless
EV - 4HP / 252Atk / 252Spd
Nature - Adamant/Jolly
. Close Combat
. Brave Bird
. U-turn
. ?
I feel like this will be a great addition to the team as CCombat counters ice/rock/steel which seems to be a problem. As well as this BBird fucking annihilates grass/fighting despite its health reduction. U-turn is purely for sticky situations where Raptor can't take out its opponent. For the last move I cannot figure out yet however I will try fit one in a bit later. As Staraptor's main weakness is ice/electric, I figured a good companion will be Mamoswine.
I just don't think Staraptor's a good idea when you have better options for flying type Pokemon (namely Gyarados and Dragonite). They get moves like earthquake, waterfall, and dragon dance that let them cover a lot of stuff that Staraptor can't. NPC's almost never switch in the Battle Frontier, so moves like fly and bounce are almost as good as brave bird.

What if non-alolan grimer is transferred to S/M or USUM via pokebank from a Gen 6 game?
Exactly what ChrystalFalchion says, only evolutive line with one pokemon in the first stage and a branched evolution into kantonian or alolan form (like Exeggcute) will evolve depending on whether they're in Alola or not. Pokemon that have different kantonian/alolan form since the first stage will never change from one line to the other.

Will a non-Alolan Grimer with the STENCH ability evolve into an Alolan Muk w/Poison Touch 100% of the time?
The only Pokemon capable of evolving into an Alolan forme are Pikachu, Cubone, and Exeggcute. (they'll evolve into their normal counterparts in Ultra Space in USUM) The rest have to be their Alolan formes from the start. (normal Meowth won't evolve into Alolan Persian, for example)

Regular Grimer with Stench will evolve into a regular Muk with Stench. Fortunately, Poison Touch is one of Alolan Grimer/Muk's normal abilities, (the other being Gluttony) so you can just catch an Alolan Grimer with the ability around the Trainer School, Hau'oli City, and Malie City's outer cape.

In each game where Alolan Persian exists, is it better for "efficient runs" when it has technician or fur coat?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
In each game where Alolan Persian exists, is it better for "efficient runs" when it has technician or fur coat?
I'd say it depends on whether you want extra bulk or to have more power. Technician is obviously the most useful ability before evolving, as you don't even have access to Fur coat then and a Technician boosted STAB Bite is very powerful early on. But it won't take long until technician bite is underpowered thanks to Alolan Meowth and persians low attack stats, so if you wanna use Alolan persian in the late game, I'd recommend putting Fur coat on it, so it can better use some more utility moves before going down.
Keep in mind that Persian doesn't get access to many good special moves until very late into the game, like it doesn't get Dark Pulse until level 55, and that's only if you keep meowth unevolved until then. You can get the TM for Dark Pulse on Poni coast, but that's far into the post game.

I have a question. I was farming Chanseys for Lucky Eggs (no luck yet, touhg... pun very much intendet) in my HG safari zone, when I caught Chansey with Bold Nature, Serene Grace and IVs of 31/8/24/19/24/29. Should I train her? I mean, Safari zone Chansey with such good IVs...
And yes, I met shiny Chansey, and yes, it ran away.

I have a question. I was farming Chanseys for Lucky Eggs (no luck yet, touhg... pun very much intendet) in my HG safari zone, when I caught Chansey with Bold Nature, Serene Grace and IVs of 31/8/24/19/24/29. Should I train her? I mean, Safari zone Chansey with such good IVs...
And yes, I met shiny Chansey, and yes, it ran away.
If you mean transfer up to gen 7 and Hyper Train it, (and an Ability Capsule wouldn't hurt to get Natural Cure) I don't see why not.

Recently I've started playing Super Mystery Dungeon, and I hear Smeargle is amazing in that game as base stats don't matter too much. How do I get one, and what moves are good to Sketch onto it?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Is Shiny 10% Zygarde with Aura Break unobtainable?
Short answer: Yes

Explanation: Disassembling the Shiny Zygarde wouldn't make cells that can generate another Shiny Zygarde. So all you can do with the Event Shiny Zygarde is upgrade it to Power Construct (and then change it into the 10% form if you want to register Shiny 10% in your dex), but then it can't turn back to Aura Break or even Disassemble.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I wanted to use a swords dance Gliscor in Platinum's Battle Arcade and Battle Castle. Here's what I have so far.
Gliscor (no items allowed)
Ability: hyper cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly nature
- swords dance
- earthquake
- roost
- What should this move be? A coverage move like aerial ace, ice fang, stone edge or night slash? Is taunt good?

It appears somehow my Pokemon Ultra Moon save file got currupted. This might be a nonsensical question, but is there a way to return my file back to normal?
I lost 300 hours + over a thousand hours spend obtaining stuff from other games. I don't think I want to redo most of this again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)